User Tools

Site Tools


eg-ic:meetings

Instrument Cluster Expert Group Meeting Info

The Instrument Cluster Expert Groups meets every other Tuesday at 12:00 UTC. Meeting minutes the upcoming scheduled meeting dates are listed below.

Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/692477003

Meeting ID: 692 477 003

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ameRude4a

Meeting Minutes

August 27, 2019

Attendees: Jan-Simon, Haraki-san, Kurokawa-san, Scott Murray, Michael, Yamaguchi-san, Pierre, Stephane, Johann, Kusakabe-san

  • Haraki-san presented a review of August 5th meeting minutes.
    • Question is if Secure (ASIL-B) part will be in software/hypervisor or hardware.
    • Discussion about Functional layout and what needs to be monitored by safety side.
    • draft of new architecture release to be released before sept. F2F for comments and review during F2F
  • Discussion: emulating E3 with m3/h3
    • Stephane presented Pierre's sandbox ( sandbox/pmarzin/e3-emulation )
  • State of current cluster demo image, streaming broken (ondemand does not support streaming atm).

August 5, 2019

Face to face meeting@Yokohama

Attendees:Ohiwa,Komatsu,Hattori,Hamaguchi,Endo,Taguchi,Yamaguchi,Kusakabe,Mitsunari,Maruyama,Haraki

  • The EG proceeds with the following steps:
    1. Define the functional layout of AGL-side and Safety-side. The architecture is designed based on this functional layout.
    2. Create source code based on architecture, target performance, reference hardware, requirement specifications, reference design.
  • The functional layout proceeds as follows.
    1. It is difficult to implement ASIL-B using only AGL. AGL is QM. ASIL-B is placed in the safety side that is outside of the AGL.
    2. As for the function layout, start with the function layout on the AGL side as much as possible.
  • The architecture proceeds as follows.
    1. We will create a platform for the architecture, and we would like to discuss it based on it.
    2. It is necessary to define what level the container should be.
    3. The target performance value is received from each cluster Tier1 company, but there are items that need to be matched.
    4. A target value for IVI must also be determined and evaluated?
    5. Is it necessary to create a reference design? =⇒ Yes, it is necessary.
    6. A separate discussion is needed on what to do with IC services.
  • We will prepare the architecture for the next F2F in Berlin.

cluster_eg_4th_en_190804.pdf

June 25, 2019

Face to face meeting@Yokohama

Attendees:Ohiwa,Komatsu,Tanibata,Hiuguchi,Endo,Taguchi,Yamaguchi,Kusakabe,Mitsunari,Maruyama,Kamimura,Haraki

  • We will discuss the motivation for switching from the current development assets to AGL at a meeting place of 6/27 cluster developing engineers of Tier1.
  • The current state of what IVI functions mean is not clear. With the cooperation of each company, I will summarize the IVI functional differences by grade.
  • After deciding on the Reference HW, we would like to create an architecture.
  • The Reference HW is R-Car M3 for the AGL community, but the target performance is equivalent to R-Car E3 (if R-Car E3 is available, it will be developed at R-Car E3).
  • As for functional safety, it is difficult to achieve ASIL-B with only AGL as it is.
    • To achieve ASIL-B, consider AGL [QM] + Secure World (RTOS / HW etc) [B].
    • We need to consider about how to achieve QM with AGL. It is necessary to discuss the target level because each company's opinion is different even if it is called QM.
  • For functional safety advances in cooperation with LF and ELISA. If necessary, it is necessary to consider using the outside such as TUV.
  • What is the ideal architecture for Cluster? Which of the following two is better?
  • Optimize current AGL architecture
  • Create container architecture ⇒We will proceed container architecture for Low Spec AGL.

cluster_eg_3rd_en_190623.pptx

May 30, 2019

Face to face meeting@Nagoya

Attendees:Ohiwa,Komatsu,Namekawa,Tanibata,Hamaguchi,Endo,Taguchi,Yagi,Yamaguchi,Mitsunari,Tohge,Haraki

  • If we define AGL Specification in R-Car, Original profile is imagined such as H3 and M3, and E3 is Hi, D3 is Lo on Cluster profile.
  • We suggested creating service that meter function in F2F of Spain. The purpose meter function service and want to reduce defrayal of the application development. with the that service, it is imagined speed, telltale, light control, buzzer, trip, variant input.
    • Each tier1 suppliers had development already that each OEM is abstracted thus They may not be in trouble
  • SUZUKI will provide sample code which becomes the draft policy of Cluster Profile in August . The architecture image of this sample code is shared in June.
  • EG decide architecture to goal for as EG. we would like to define ideal situation with this architecture that EG and community can develop comfortably.
  • Drawing performance, memory size, reference hardware etc… We aim at the architecture that can achieve a goal which function list for target hardware.

May 7, 2019

Held in conjunction with the F2F meeting in Spain.

Haraki-san presented an updated requirements matrix. Also showed a presentation. Need to upload both.

Fast boot - Typical requirement for IC is 1/2 second availability, but we need to define what is available in 500 msec and what we can hold off. Also need to define requirements for what is available in 2 seconds, etc.

cluster_eg_190508.pptx

April 23, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Stephane, Tanibata, Johann, Kurokawa

Received notice from Haraki-san and Ohiwa-san that they wanted to cancel the meeting.

Discussed a little about the proposed processor targets.

April 11, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Haraki, Kusakabe, Michele, Kurokawa, Tanibata, Oki ,Salma, Ohiwa, Johann, Stephane, Jan-Simon,

  • Haraki-san showed a spreadsheet with possible requirements for IC that is being sent to EG members to determine the both the overall requirements for the IC as well dividing the requirements by high tier and low tier IC.
    • Spreadsheet should be shared with the overall discussions mail list to attract more interest from Tier One and OEM members.
  • Reference Board Discussion
    • No progress on simulating E3/D3 using an M3. Stephane will receive an E3 by the end of April so they can do some benchmarking of the E3 to provide a proper environment in the M3.

March 26, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Haraki, Kusakabe, Oki, Tanibata, Scott, Ohiwa, Mitsunari, Stephane,

  • Reference Board Discussion
    • Stephane shared the results of work they have been doing to use an M3 to simulate an E3 or D3. This is still a work in progress.
    • Kurokawa sent an email indicating that it will be difficult for companies who are not under NDA with Renesas to obtain the E3 board from Renesas. This would exclude LF, Konsulko, and a most of the Tier 2 suppliers.
    • Denso would like to use Renesas D3 for IC
    • i.MX6 could be another candidate.

March 12, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Haraki, Yamaguchi, Kurokawa, Scott, Fulup, Stephane, Mitsunari, Ohiwa

Haraki-san made a presentation.

  1. Need to gather requirements from OEMs and Tier One suppliers
  2. Summarize requirements from OEMs and Tier Ones into a functional requirements document for Cluster and HUD
  3. Optimize services per the requirements

Suzuki will provide an initial feature list by April 1. Walt will start the Confluence page.

Need to recruit additional OEM and Tier One members to the EG to get their requirements.

OEM

  • Suzuki - Haraki-san
  • Toyota
  • Mazda

Tier One

  • Panasonic
  • Denso
  • Continental
  • Bosch (they are LF members but not currently AGL members)

Renesas working on getting E3 boards. Recommend starting with M3 and using software techniques (kernel config) to reduce the allowed cores and memory usage to simulate an E3 environment. IoT.bzh and Renesas will work together to figure out to do this. (SPEC-2254)

What do we do about demo 3 code for IC? Mitsunari and Ohiwa think this is not part of the EG-IC.

  • Will change cluster-appname repository names to something indicating that they are specifically for demo3-cluster-appname
  • It is a work-in-progress to be able to recreate building demo 3 in git. Ohiwa-san will work to make the documentation available that we need to make that happen.

March 7, 2019

F2F kickoff meeting at AMM Tokyo

Haraki-san presented slides with goals and initial schedule for EG. Target is to have a spec by November. Ideally we will review the spec at the Fall AMM and incorporate into System Spec 2.0.

Which board for initial development?

  • Need a count of board requirements for E3. Renesas will try to get 20 boards

Scott can focus on reducing image size to fit into E3 memory. Would be best to get a memory size target.

Suzuki will provide initial requirements (feature list) in Confluence by April 1.

Feature list for low end IC on a motorcycle could include

  • No additional IVI unit would be included
  • CAN and/or LIN
  • SDL with audio and Bluetooth (including HFP)
  • Small display (need size and resolution)
  • Maximum 2GB RAM
  • Hypervisor or other solution for safety features

What do we do about demo 3 code for IC?

  • Wait and see. Discuss during the May F2F meeting. Should it be merged for now
eg-ic/meetings.txt · Last modified: 2019/08/27 12:54 by jsmoeller