User Tools

Site Tools


dev-call-info

Weekly Developer Call

The weekly meeting is held from 13:00 - 14:00 UTC ( 6 am Pacific Time) on Tuesdays. If a week is cancelled it will be noted on this page and a notice sent to the mail list.

Dial In info

In addition to the conference call and web meeting, meetings use IRC channel #automotive on freenode.net

1. To join the meeting go to https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/577595557

2. Preferred method is to use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.

Australia: +61 2 9091 7603 Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 65
Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 0716 Japan (toll-free): 0 120 242 200
Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 4372 Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 759
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9380 New Zealand: +64 9 974 9579
Canada (toll-free): 1 877 777 3281 Norway: +47 21 04 30 59
Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 84 58 Spain: +34 931 76 1534
Finland: +358 (0) 931 58 1773 Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 691
France: +33 (0) 170 950 590 Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0026 89
Germany: +49 (0) 692 5736 7300 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3713 5011
India (toll-free): 000 800 100 8227 United States (toll-free): 1 877 309 2070
Ireland: +353 (0) 15 360 756 United States: +1 (312) 757-3119

Access Code: 577-595-557
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 577-595-557


Meeting Notes

Meeting notes for May 2, 2017

Attendees: Upcoming Meeting


Meeting notes for April 25, 2017

Attendees: Upcoming Meeting


Meeting notes for April 18, 2017

Meeting Canceled this week due to travel.


Meeting notes for April 11, 2017

Attendees: Upcoming Meeting


Meeting notes for April 4, 2017

Meeting Canceled this week due to travel.


Meeting notes for March 28, 2017

Attendees: Upcoming Meeting

Agenda:

  • Gerrit Reviews
      • Dominig: Needs to be considered in conjunction with AGL App FW and packaged as a Service Binding.
      • Adds node.js - need to understand the use case for bringing it into AGL and the APIs to be used from node.js.
  • CC Must Fix Issues
    • SPEC-453 - Network settings still not completely working. Nokamura-san still having problem getting wifi working for both POI application and local connection to the cluster. Update 3/14 - No update. Jan-Simon reports that when he goes into settings to check the list APs the list disappears immediately on Vayu and RPI. Different issue needs to be added to Jira.
      • 2017-03-21: No update.
  • SPEC-454 - Audio settings - With MOST sound card default multimedia volume very low. Radio and phone call normal. The mixer app can be used to fix the issue by moving the sliders. Update 3/7- No update. Tanikawa needs MOST set up still. Michael reports that K2L has the systems in stock. Tobias requested that if the issue is seen that the developer should enter “pacmd” and check the pulse audio volumes.
    • 2017-03-21: No update.
  • SPEC-455 - After switching to multimedia several times radio freezes. Other applications work normally, only the radio application is frozen and audio output stops.
    • Update 3/21 - still looking into it
  • SPEC-456 - Michael noted that the fan in the demonstrator is not very powerful. Offered to adjust the power level if Soya-san can get a sample of the fan. Update 3/14 - Microchip looking at voltage chain.
    • 2017-03-21: No update.
  • Jira SPEC-395 - Media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/17 - Still open. Matt working on. Tanikawa-san said that there is a known issue with focus management (also affects idrive) in the current Window Manager implementation. Will set aside time on Friday at AMM to discuss.
    • 2017-03-21: No update.
  • Merge window for CC 3.0.3 opened March 9. Closes April 5
  • Open Issues
  • Update Qt to version 5.7.1 ( SPEC-416)
    • See new comments in Jira. Need to make a decision at the face to face meeting at the AMM.
    • Update 3/7 - No update. Still a build issue in the sandbox.
    • 2017-03-21: No update.
  • DD Must-Fix Issues
    • Separation of app native code
      • SPEC-389 - POI App
      • SPEC-462 - Splice out qml plugins/templates
        • 2017-03-21: Scott - prototype ready, once repos created to be uploaded
          • assign repo creation issues to jsmoeller
  • SPEC-448 - Migration of Application Framework layers
    • Approved by SC. Work started. Stephane looking at how to migrate/promote layers between repo while keeping history.
  • Renesas Gen3 - Working on new upstream (AGL/meta-renesas-rcar-gen3) and will need to update the template. Need to forward port patches from Cogent to make it ready. Ronan mentioned that Gen3 requires weston 1.11 so he is waiting on Leon's update for weston. Should be ready to submit to master by the next dev call.
  • Update 3/14- Stephane working out upstream patching strategy with Renesas. Will be discussed at f2f in April.
  • 2017-03-21: On-track for BSP merge.
  • Stephane: IPv6 in Renesas gen3 board (4.4→4.9 kernel defconfig enables ipv6 and this breaks the boot) - isolated to board/bsp or a general issue with a userspace component ? → https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-490
    • Ronan: Must-Fix DD

New Business:


Meeting notes for March 21, 2017

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Dominig, Michael, Christian, Jose, Leon, Philippe Coval, Ronan, Romain, Scott, Sebastien, Stephane, Kusakabe

Agenda:

  • CC Must Fix Issues
    • SPEC-453 - Network settings still not completely working. Nokamura-san still having problem getting wifi working for both POI application and local connection to the cluster. Update 3/14 - No update. Jan-Simon reports that when he goes into settings to check the list APs the list disappears immediately on Vayu and RPI. Different issue needs to be added to Jira.
      • 2017-03-21: No update.
  • SPEC-454 - Audio settings - With MOST sound card default multimedia volume very low. Radio and phone call normal. The mixer app can be used to fix the issue by moving the sliders. Update 3/7- No update. Tanikawa needs MOST set up still. Michael reports that K2L has the systems in stock. Tobias requested that if the issue is seen that the developer should enter “pacmd” and check the pulse audio volumes.
    • 2017-03-21: No update.
  • SPEC-455 - After switching to multimedia several times radio freezes. Other applications work normally, only the radio application is frozen and audio output stops.
    • Update 3/14 - Scott still digging.
    • Update 3/21 - still looking into it
  • SPEC-456 - Michael noted that the fan in the demonstrator is not very powerful. Offered to adjust the power level if Soya-san can get a sample of the fan. Update 3/14 - Microchip looking at voltage chain.
    • 2017-03-21: No update.
  • Jira SPEC-395 - Media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/17 - Still open. Matt working on. Tanikawa-san said that there is a known issue with focus management (also affects idrive) in the current Window Manager implementation. Will set aside time on Friday at AMM to discuss.
    • Update 3/14 - Nothing to report.
    • 2017-03-21: No update.
  • Merge window for CC 3.0.3 opened March 9. Closes April 5
  • Open Issues
  • Update Qt to version 5.7.1 ( SPEC-416)
    • See new comments in Jira. Need to make a decision at the face to face meeting at the AMM.
    • Update 3/7 - No update. Still a build issue in the sandbox.
    • 2017-03-21: No update.
  • DD Must-Fix Issues
    • Separation of app native code
      • SPEC-389 - POI App
      • SPEC-462 - Splice out qml plugins/templates
        • 2017-03-21: Scott - prototype ready, once repos created to be uploaded
          • assign repo creation issues to jsmoeller
  • Migration of Application Framework layers
  • Who: Stéphane Desneux [IoT.bzh]
  • Proposal: as AppFW is now part of core AGL since BB/2.0, confirmed with CC/3.0), the corresponding layers could be moved from meta-agl-extra to meta-agl. At the same time, the feature 'agl-appfw-smack' should be removed, as the components are no more optional
  • Decision: <to be filled>
  • AI: Stéphane, Ronan <if proposal is accepted>
  • Update 3/14 - SPEC-448. Mail sent to SC for approval. Deadline 3/22 for comments.
  • Update 3/21 - Waiting for deadline.
    • Raises issue how to migrate/promote layers between repo while keeping history.
  • Renesas Gen3 - Working on new upstream (AGL/meta-renesas-rcar-gen3) and will need to update the template. Need to forward port patches from Cogent to make it ready. Ronan mentioned that Gen3 requires weston 1.11 so he is waiting on Leon's update for weston. Should be ready to submit to master by the next dev call.
  • Update 3/14- Stephane working out upstream patching strategy with Renesas. Will be discussed at f2f in April.
  • 2017-03-21: On-track for BSP merge.

New Business:

  • Stephane: IPv6 in Renesas gen3 board (4.4→4.9 kernel defconfig enables ipv6 and this breaks the boot) - isolated to board/bsp or a general issue with a userspace component ? → https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-490
    • Ronan: Must-Fix DD

————

Meeting notes for March 14, 2017

Attendees: Walt, Scott, Ronan, Stephane, Tanibata, Tanikawa, Matsuzawa, Tsubone, Jens

Agenda:

  • Gerrit Reviews
    • https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/#/c/8685/ - New layer for OCF - Deferred to next week
    • https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/#/c/8709/ - Additional packages to be added - Deferred to next week
    • SPEC-411 and SPEC-471 - Update to weston 1.11 and Gen3 BSP. There are 26 patches for this change. When Ronan rebased earlier today, the topic was changed automatically by gerrit so the search listed here did not find all of the defects. Topic was reverted to the original and now the search will find the issues. Discussed a number of questions during the call. Would like to close out this review by the end of this week.
  • CC Must Fix Issues
    • SPEC-453 - Network settings still not completely working. Nokamura-san still having problem getting wifi working for both POI application and local connection to the cluster. Update 3/14 - No update. Jan-Simon reports that when he goes into settings to check the list APs the list disappears immediately on Vayu and RPI. Different issue needs to be added to Jira.
  • SPEC-454 - Audio settings - With MOST sound card default multimedia volume very low. Radio and phone call normal. The mixer app can be used to fix the issue by moving the sliders. Update 3/7- No update. Tanikawa needs MOST set up still. Michael reports that K2L has the systems in stock. Tobias requested that if the issue is seen that the developer should enter “pacmd” and check the pulse audio volumes.
  • SPEC-455 - After switching to multimedia several times radio freezes. Other applications work normally, only the radio application is frozen and audio output stops. Update 3/14 - Scott still digging.
  • SPEC-456 - Michael noted that the fan in the demonstrator is not very powerful. Offered to adjust the power level if Soya-san can get a sample of the fan. Update 3/14 - Microchip looking at voltage chain.
  • Separation of app native code
    • SPEC-389 - POI App
    • SPEC-462 - Splice out qml plugins/templates
  • Jira SPEC-395 - Media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/17 - Still open. Matt working on. Tanikawa-san said that there is a known issue with focus management (also affects idrive) in the current Window Manager implementation. Will set aside time on Friday at AMM to discuss.
  • Update 3/14 - Nothing to report.
  • CC 3.0.2 released.
  • Merge window for CC 3.0.3 open March 9. Closes April 5
  • Open Issues
  • Update Qt to version 5.7.1 ( SPEC-416)
    • See new comments in Jira. Need to make a decision at the face to face meeting at the AMM.
    • Update 3/7 - No update. Still a build issue in the sandbox.
  • DD Must-Fix Issues
  • Leon SPEC-411 Update Weston to 1.11. Update 3/7 - Agreed to finish Vayu and RPI as part of this issue and create new issues for other non-reference boards. See discussion in Jira for more information.
  • Migration of Application Framework layers
  • Who: Stéphane Desneux [IoT.bzh]
  • Proposal: as AppFW is now part of core AGL since BB/2.0, confirmed with CC/3.0), the corresponding layers could be moved from meta-agl-extra to meta-agl. At the same time, the feature 'agl-appfw-smack' should be removed, as the components are no more optional
  • Decision: <to be filled>
  • AI: Stéphane, Ronan <if proposal is accepted>
  • Update 3/14 - SPEC-448. Mail sent to SC for approval. Deadline 3/22 for comments.
  • Renesas Gen3 - Working on new upstream (AGL/meta-renesas-rcar-gen3) and will need to update the template. Need to forward port patches from Cogent to make it ready. Ronan mentioned that Gen3 requires weston 1.11 so he is waiting on Leon's update for weston. Should be ready to submit to master by the next dev call.
  • Update 3/14- Stephane working out upstream patching strategy with Renesas. Will be discussed at f2f in April.

New Business: None


Meeting notes for March 7, 2017

Attendees: Walt Miner, Jan-Simon Möller, Jenks Bocklage, Dominig Ar Foll, Jose Bollo, Leon Anavi, Matt Porter, Michael Fabry, Christian Gromm, Tobias Jahnke, Romain Forlot, Ronan Le Martret, Scott Murray, Soya-san, Stephane Desneux, Tadao Tanikawa, Takahi Matsuzawam Tajashi Tsubone, Toshikazu Ohiwa

Agenda:

  • Gerrit Reviews
  • CC Must Fix Issues
    • SPEC-453 - Network settings still not completely working. Nokamura-san still having problem getting wifi working for both POI application and local connection to the cluster. Update 3/7 - No update. Jan-Simon reports that when he goes into settings to check the list APs the list disappears immediately on Vayu and RPI. Different issue needs to be added to Jira.
  • SPEC-454 - Audio settings - With MOST sound card default multimedia volume very low. Radio and phone call normal. The mixer app can be used to fix the issue by moving the sliders. Update 3/7- No update. Tanikawa needs MOST set up still. Michael reports that K2L has the systems in stock. Tobias requested that if the issue is seen that the developer should enter “pacmd” and check the pulse audio volumes.
  • SPEC-455 - After switching to multimedia several times radio freezes. Other applications work normally, only the radio application is frozen and audio output stops. Update 3/7 - Scott still digging.
  • SPEC-456 - Michael noted that the fan in the demonstrator is not very powerful. Offered to adjust the power level if Soya-san can get a sample of the fan. Update 3/7 - Microchip looking at voltage chain.
  • Merge window closed March 1 for CC 3.0.2. RC1 released.
    • Open issues
      • None. Asked people to run the RC prior to tomorrow's release.
  • Open Issues
  • Update Qt to version 5.7.1 ( SPEC-416)
    • See new comments in Jira. Need to make a decision at the face to face meeting at the AMM.
    • Update 3/7 - No update. Still a build issue in the sandbox.
  • Separation of app native code
    • Updated 1/10 - Dashboard (SPEC-400), phone (SPEC-402), controls (SPEC-401), AM/FM radio (SPEC-403), Navigation, POI (SPEC-384) are not separated out into /apps.
    • Update 3/7 - Done except SPEC-384. The others are included in 3.0.2 RC
  • Jira SPEC-395 - Media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/17 - Still open. Matt working on. Tanikawa-san said that there is a known issue with focus management (also affects idrive) in the current Window Manager implementation. Will set aside time on Friday at AMM to discuss.
  • Update 2/14 - Will not be fixed for 3.0.2. Tanikawa says he wants to fix this for ALS so maybe 3.0.3.
  • Update 3/7 - Nothing to report.
  • Leon SPEC-411 Update Weston to 1.11. Update 3/7 - Agreed to finish Vayu and RPI as part of this issue and create new issues for other non-reference boards. See discussion in Jira for more information.
  • SPEC-424 - Stephane asked Tanikawa to review latest proposal. Update 3/7 - Merged.
  • Migration of Application Framework layers
    • Who: Stéphane Desneux [IoT.bzh]
    • Proposal: as AppFW is now part of core AGL since BB/2.0, confirmed with CC/3.0), the corresponding layers could be moved from meta-agl-extra to meta-agl. At the same time, the feature 'agl-appfw-smack' should be removed, as the components are no more optional
    • Decision: <to be filled>
    • AI: Stéphane, Ronan <if proposal is accepted>
    • Update 2/28 - SPEC-448. Walt will forward to SC to get final decision. Noted that builds without the app fw enabled currently fail so we are effectively operating like it is a mandatory part of the build.
  • Renesas Gen3 - Working on new upstream (AGL/meta-renesas-rcar-gen3) and will need to update the template. Need to forward port patches from Cogent to make it ready. Ronan mentioned that Gen3 requires weston 1.11 so he is waiting on Leon's update for weston. Should be ready to submit to master by the next dev call.
    • Update 3/7- Stephane working out upstream patching strategy with Renesas.

New Business:

  • Michael brought up that hotels for the F2F are booking up due to a trade show in town that week. Please contact Elke Hudler ASAP for hotels.
  • US Time changes this weekend. Call will remain at the same time in the US (8 am in Chicago) and will jump back one hour everywhere else.

Meeting notes for Feb 28, 2017

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Anton, Soya, Tanikawa, Stephane, Leon, Matsuzawa, Michael, Dominig

Agenda:

  • Gerrit Reviews
    • https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/#/c/8431/ - Jan-Simon described issue to Leon who is meeting with Anton later today. Stephane suggested looking at other distros that us OSTree. Matt suggested RHEL. SPEC-440
      • Update 2/28 - Now merged as 8539 in gerrit.
  • Tanikawa reporting some minor issues in the 3.0.1 build.
    • Network settings still not completely working. Nokamura-san still having problem getting wifi working for both POI application and local connection to the cluster. Update 2/28 - Now SPEC-453. Identified as must fix for CC.
  • Audio settings - With MOST sound card default multimedia volume very low. Radio and phone call normal. The mixer app can be used to fix the issue by moving the sliders. Need Jira issue. Update 2/28- Not reproducible with USB audio, only when MOST audio is used. Seen at AMM quite a bit requiring reboot of system. Discussed with Soya if it is possible to make a smaller MOST audio system that is more portable so Isogai and Tanikawa can debug. Soya will add link to the audio kit from the CES demo page so people can order it. Tanikawa will look at the issue after ELC.
  • After switching to multimedia several times radio freezes. Other applications work normally, only the radio application is frozen and audio output stops. Need Jira issue. Update 2/28 - Scott reproduced on other boards besides Porter. Has not had a chance to look at since ELC was last week.
  • Michael noted that the fan in the demonstrator is not very powerful. Offered to adjust the power level if Soya-san can get a sample of the fan. Need Jira issue. No update
  • Merge window closes March 1 for CC 3.0.2.
    • Open issues
      • QEMU VMDK now boots but there is no serial console and therefore no way to install the apps. SPEC-431
        • Need a method for automatically installing the apps on first start up.
        • Update 2/28 - Cherry picked resolution of the App installation problem from master. May have a problem with the screen resolution being wrong.
  • Open Issues
  • Update Qt to version 5.7.1 ( SPEC-416)
    • See new comments in Jira. Need to make a decision at the face to face meeting at the AMM.
    • Update 2/28 - No update. Still a build issue in the sandbox.
  • Separation of app native code
    • Updated 1/10 - Dashboard (SPEC-400), phone (SPEC-402), controls (SPEC-401), AM/FM radio (SPEC-403), Navigation, POI (SPEC-384) are not separated out into /apps.
    • Update 2/28 - Should be in for tomorrow's 3.0.2 cut-off.
  • Jira SPEC-395 - Media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/17 - Still open. Matt working on. Tanikawa-san said that there is a known issue with focus management (also affects idrive) in the current Window Manager implementation. Will set aside time on Friday at AMM to discuss.
  • Update 2/14 - Will not be fixed for 3.0.2. Tanikawa says he wants to fix this for ALS so maybe 3.0.3.
  • Update 2/28 - Nothing to report.
  • Leon SPEC-411 Update Weston to 1.11. Update 2/28 - Leon reported his findings so far which are documented in the Jira issue. Discussion about how to get RCar-3 to 1.11 and whether we need to support different weston versions in DD. Scott proposed we have the discussion in graphics UI EG next week.
  • SPEC-424 - Stephane asked Tanikawa to review latest proposal. Update 2/28 - Patches in gerrit ready for review. 8497, 8323, and 8317. Tanikawa will review the latest patches before the next dev call.
  • Migration of Application Framework layers
    • Who: Stéphane Desneux [IoT.bzh]
    • Proposal: as AppFW is now part of core AGL since BB/2.0, confirmed with CC/3.0), the corresponding layers could be moved from meta-agl-extra to meta-agl. At the same time, the feature 'agl-appfw-smack' should be removed, as the components are no more optional
    • Decision: <to be filled>
    • AI: Stéphane, Ronan <if proposal is accepted>
    • Update 2/28 - SPEC-448. Walt will forward to SC to get final decision. Noted that builds without the app fw enabled currently fail so we are effectively operating like it is a mandatory part of the build.

New Business:

  • Jan-Simon: Gerrit 8547 and 8549 - nitrogen6x board updates.
  • Renesas Gen3 - Working on new upstream (AGL/meta-renesas-rcar-gen3) and will need to update the template. Need to forward port patches from Cogent to make it ready. Ronan mentioned that Gen3 requires weston 1.11 so he is waiting on Leon's update for weston. Should be ready to submit to master by the next dev call.
  • Michael will send an email address for discount codes for the F2F. (Already added to F2F Meeting Page)

Meeting notes for Feb 21, 2017

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Stephane, Anton, Michael, Chris,

Agenda:

  • Gerrit Reviews
    • https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/#/c/8431/ - Jan-Simon described issue to Leon who is meeting with Anton later today. Stephane suggested looking at other distros that us OSTree. Matt suggested RHEL. SPEC-440
      • Update 2/21 - Determined that Anton's method is the way forward (see latest in Jira) , but that we will promote this from OStree to meta-agl and adopt this for the core. Will abandon this change and do it on meta-agl.
  • Tanikawa reporting some minor issues in the 3.0.1 build.
    • Network settings still not completely working. Nokamura-san still having problem getting wifi working for both POI application and local connection to the cluster. Update 2/21 - Tanikawa to create Jira issue.
    • Audio settings - With MOST sound card default multimedia volume very low. Radio and phone call normal. The mixer app can be used to fix the issue by moving the sliders. Need Jira issue. Update - Not reproducible with USB audio, only when MOST audio is used. Seen at AMM quite a bit requiring reboot of system. Discussed with Soya if it is possible to make a smaller MOST audio system that is more portable so Isogai and Tanikawa can debug. Tanikawa will look at the issue after ELC.
    • After switching to multimedia several times radio freezes. Other applications work normally, only the radio application is frozen and audio output stops. Need Jira issue. Update 2/14 - Occurred at AMM. Definitely seen with Porter in MOST environment. Scott will look at reproducing. 2/21 - Nothing to report. Scott not on call.
    • Michael noted that the fan in the demonstrator is not very powerful. Offered to adjust the power level if Soya-san can get a sample of the fan. Need Jira issue. No update
  • CC 3.0.1 Released
    • Merge window closes March 1 for CC 3.0.2.
    • Open issues
      • QEMU VMDK now boots but there is no serial console and therefore no way to install the apps.
        • Scott and Jan-Simon have a complicated method to get the serial console up and running. Need to document in the release notes the steps required to do get the console running. Another suggestion is to have serial console app on the home screen that developers can start up. SPEC-431
        • Need a method for automatically installing the apps on first start up.
        • Update 2/14 - Scott will have something ready for upload shortly. The change is mixed in with app splitting at the moment.
  • Open Issues
  • Update Qt to version 5.7.1 ( SPEC-416)
    • See new comments in Jira. Need to make a decision at the face to face meeting at the AMM.
    • Update 2/21 - No update. Still a build issue in the sandbox.
  • Separation of app native code
    • Updated 1/10 - Dashboard (SPEC-400), phone (SPEC-402), controls (SPEC-401), AM/FM radio (SPEC-403), Navigation, POI (SPEC-384) are not separated out into /apps.
    • Update 2/21 - In-progress. Scott now has the icons.
  • Jira SPEC-395 - Media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/17 - Still open. Matt working on. Tanikawa-san said that there is a known issue with focus management (also affects idrive) in the current Window Manager implementation. Will set aside time on Friday at AMM to discuss.
  • Update 2/14 - Will not be fixed for 3.0.2. Tanikawa says he wants to fix this for ALS so maybe 3.0.3.
  • Update 2/21 - Nothing to report.
  • Leon SPEC-411 Update Weston to 1.11. Update 2/14 - Leon had a look. Needs to update Jira issue.
  • SPEC-424 - Stephane asked Tanikawa to review latest proposal. Update 2/21 - Ronan pushed initial version. Still in progress.

New Business:

  • Migration of Application Framework layers
    • Who: Stéphane Desneux [IoT.bzh]
    • Proposal: as AppFW is now part of core AGL since BB/2.0, confirmed with CC/3.0), the corresponding layers could be moved from meta-agl-extra to meta-agl. At the same time, the feature 'agl-appfw-smack' should be removed, as the components are no more optional
    • Decision: <to be filled>
    • AI: Stéphane, Ronan <if proposal is accepted>
    • Update 2/21 - Stephane to create a Jira issue. Walt will forward to SC to get final decision. Noted that builds without the app fw enabled currently fail so we are effectively operating like it is a mandatory part of the build.

Meeting notes for Feb 14, 2017

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Stephane, Scott, Leon, Tanikawa, Soya,

Agenda:

  • Tanikawa reporting some minor issues in the 3.0.1 build.
    • Network settings still not completely working. Nokamura-san still having problem getting wifi working for both POI application and local connection to the cluster. Update 2/14 - Tanikawa to create Jira issue.
    • Audio settings - With MOST sound card default multimedia volume very low. Radio and phone call normal. The mixer app can be used to fix the issue by moving the sliders. Need Jira issue. Update - Not reproducible with USB audio, only when MOST audio is used. Seen at AMM quite a bit requiring reboot of system. Discussed with Soya if it is possible to make a smaller MOST audio system that is more portable so Isogai and Tanikawa can debug. Tanikawa will look at the issue after ELC.
    • After switching to multimedia several times radio freezes. Other applications work normally, only the radio application is frozen and audio output stops. Need Jira issue. Update 2/14 - Occurred at AMM. Definitely seen with Porter in MOST environment. Scott will look at reproducing.
    • Michael noted that the fan in the demonstrator is not very powerful. Offered to adjust the power level if Soya-san can get a sample of the fan. Need Jira issue. No update
  • CC 3.0.1 Released
    • Merge window closes March 1 for CC 3.0.2.
    • Open issues
      • Christian added MOST Linux driver for RPI. Was added to master, but not Chinook. Needs to be ported to chinook (gerrit 8407) Done.
      • QEMU VMDK now boots but there is no serial console and therefore no way to install the apps.
        • Scott and Jan-Simon have a complicated method to get the serial console up and running. Need to document in the release notes the steps required to do get the console running. Another suggestion is to have serial console app on the home screen that developers can start up. SPEC-431
        • Need a method for automatically installing the apps on first start up.
        • Update 2/14 - Scott will have something ready for upload shortly. The change is mixed in with app splitting at the moment.
  • Open Issues
  • Update Qt to version 5.7.1 ( SPEC-416)
    • See new comments in Jira. Need to make a decision at the face to face meeting at the AMM.
    • Update 2/14 - Document decision as discussed at AMM in SPEC-416. Sandbox created to switch meta-qt5 upstream. SPEC-437 created to fix blocking issue.
  • Separation of app native code
    • Updated 1/10 - Dashboard (SPEC-400), phone (SPEC-402), controls (SPEC-401), AM/FM radio (SPEC-403), Navigation, POI (SPEC-384) are not separated out into /apps.
    • Update 2/14 - On-going. Walt needs to get Scott the icons.
  • Jira SPEC-395 - Media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/17 - Still open. Matt working on. Tanikawa-san said that there is a known issue with focus management (also affects idrive) in the current Window Manager implementation. Will set aside time on Friday at AMM to discuss.
  • Update 2/14 - Will not be fixed for 3.0.2. Tanikawa says he wants to fix this for ALS so maybe 3.0.3.
  • Leon SPEC-411 Update Weston to 1.11. Update 2/14 - Leon had a look. Needs to update Jira issue.
  • SPEC-424 - Stephane asked Tanikawa to review latest proposal. Update 2/14 - Tanikawa reviewed and approved.

New Business:


Meeting notes for Feb 7, 2017

Canceled due to AMM


Meeting notes for Jan 31, 2017

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Chris, Dennis, Isogai, Tanikawa, Ohiwa, Scott, Pete P, Leon, Dominig, Soya, Stephane, Romain

Agenda:

  • No integration session in Yokohama this week. Tanikawa reporting some minor issues in the 3.0.1 build.
    • Network settings still not completely working. Nokamura-san still having problem getting wifi working for both POI application and local connection to the cluster.
    • Audio settings - With MOST sound card default multimedia volume very low. Radio and phone call normal. The mixer app can be used to fix the issue by moving the sliders. Need Jira issue.
    • After switching to multimedia several times radio freezes. Other applications work normally, only the radio application is frozen and audio output stops. Need Jira issue.
    • Mapview, HVAC, RSE are now stable.
    • Michael noted that the fan in the demonstrator is not very powerful. Offered to adjust the power level if Soya-san can get a sample of the fan. Need Jira issue.
  • CC 3.0.1 Released
    • Merge window closes March 1 for CC 3.0.2.
    • Open issues
      • Christian added MOST Linux driver for RPI. Was added to master, but not Chinook. Needs to be ported to chinook (gerrit 8407)
      • QEMU VMDK now boots but there is no serial console and therefore no way to install the apps.
        • Scott and Jan-Simon have a complicated method to get the serial console up and running. Need to document in the release notes the steps required to do get the console running. Another suggestion is to have serial console app on the home screen that developers can start up. SPEC-431
        • Need a method for automatically installing the apps on first start up.
  • Blowfish Patch Releases
    • Blowfish 2.0.5 was released. This is the last planned Blowfish release.
  • Open Issues
  • Update Qt to version 5.7.1 ( SPEC-416)
    • See new comments in Jira. Need to make a decision at the face to face meeting at the AMM.
  • Separation of app native code
    • Updated 1/10 - Dashboard (SPEC-400), phone (SPEC-402), controls (SPEC-401), AM/FM radio (SPEC-403), Navigation, POI (SPEC-384) are not separated out into /apps.
    • Update 1/31 - Issues will be assigned to Scott.
  • Jira SPEC-395 - Media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/17 - Still open. Matt working on. Tanikawa-san said that there is a known issue with focus management (also affects idrive) in the current Window Manager implementation. Will set aside time on Friday at AMM to discuss.

New Business:

  • Leon SPEC-411 Update Weston to 1.11. Nothing to report
  • SPEC-424 - Stephane asked Tanikawa to review latest proposal.
  • Dennis - USB audio from an Android phone. Wondering if anyone working it.

Meeting notes for Jan 24, 2017

Attendees: Walt, Scott, Michael, Chris, Isogai, Jens, Romain, Ronan, Stephane, Jose, Leon, Tanikawa

Agenda:

  • Readout from Yokohama integration sessions last week.
    • Isogai pushed 8339 to gerrit to fix audio management problems. Will need to be ported to master as well.
    • Kurokawa pushed 8337 to gerrit to backport tuner driver to Porter board. Should make tuner app stable for porter
    • Network management still being worked on by Nakamura-san. Blocks POI application.
    • Tanikawa and Nakamura made fixes to map viewer on IC. 7899 in gerrit.
    • Need to rename the map viewer demo to cluster mode since AGL does not explicitly support IC yet.
    • There may be another session next week for the “True Final Integration” prior to AMM
  • Review open gerrit issue for inclusion in CC 3.0.1
    • 7899 will be cherry picked to CC branch after Jenkins verifies
    • Discussed Ronan's proposed changes to the package groups/image dependencies (8323 and 8317). Agreed to revert to package groups approach that AGL has been using. We can discuss refactoring image and package group design taking into account the requirements we have discovered over the past 18 months.
    • 8315 - no for CC at this time.
    • 7897 - should be abandon
    • Additional changes coming in next day or so?
      • Christian adding MOST Linux driver for RPI. Having a problem pushing to gerrit. Jan-Simon will investigate with him.
      • Would like to get Scott's changes for QEMU on Virtual Box. He is testing them to make sure they are compatible with other boards.
  • Blowfish Patch Releases
    • Blowfish 2.0.5 in January. Please tag any Jira issues to be pulled in with “BB-Must-Fix”. Work with Jan-Simon for a release date and to see if anything is required to be in the release.
    • Update 1/24 - Nothing in AGL repos. Jan-Simon checking Poky for updates.
  • Open Issues
  • Update Qt to version 5.7.1 ( SPEC-416)
    • See new comments in Jira. Major decision was to not update CC for now since the 5.7.1 change only affects 64 bit ARM targets.
  • QEMU not working when using VMDK ( SPEC-405)
    • Update 1/24 - Scott pushing fixes today for CC.
  • Separation of app native code
    • Updated 1/10 - Dashboard (SPEC-400), phone (SPEC-402), controls (SPEC-401), AM/FM radio (SPEC-403), Navigation, POI (SPEC-384) are not separated out into /apps.
    • Update 1/17 - Issues need to be assigned in Jira.
  • Jira SPEC-378 - problems with audio from radio and multimedia play at same time if both are started. Isogai assigned. Ideally we will have a general solution with Audio manager policy rather than having to stop/start apps when they need to stop audio. Update 1/24 - Isogai pushed fix. See above.
  • Jira SPEC-395 - Media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/17 - Still open. Matt working on. Tanikawa-san said that there is a known issue with focus management (also affects idrive) in the current Window Manager implementation. Will set aside time on Friday at AMM to discuss.
  • HVAC - Jira SPEC-394 open Need to turn on the seat heating to move the sliders. Update 1/24 Closed (gerrit 8903)
  • Navigation - AisinAW
  • Update 1/24 - Yamaguchi-san pushed a number of changes. Can close?

New Business:

  • Leon SPEC-411 Update Weston to 1.11.

Meeting notes for Jan 17, 2017

Attendees: Walt, Anton, Tanikawa, Scott, Dennis, Leon, Matt, Romain, Ronan, Nishiguchi

Meeting Notes:

  • Panasonic weston plug-in from CES needs refactoring before releasing to AGL. Some protocol extensions may be needed. Will set aside a couple hours on Feb 10 at the AMM to discuss the future of the compositor and weston with the UI and Graphics EG.
  • Integration session in Yokohama tomorrow
    • Focus on audio and refactoring IC.
  • Blowfish Patch Releases
  • Blowfish 2.0.5 in January. Please tag any Jira issues to be pulled in with “BB-Must-Fix”. Work with Jan-Simon for a release date and to see if anything is required to be in the release.
  • Charming Chinook RC and Release Schedule
    • RC3 released last week
    • Chinook branch created and all CC patches must be submitted to Chinook branch. Tag in Jira as “CC-Must-Fix”
    • Charming Chinook 3.0 tagged and binaries available. Source tar ball being created and should be available by Wednesday. Walt will send official release email once the source tar is ready.
    • Target having CC-Must-Fix issues closed by Jan 25 for release of 3.0.1 prior to FOSDEM.
  • Create wiki page for peripheral devices by board. (Walt) Leon sent examples of other wikis (GENIVI and elinux). Not done
  • Open Issues
  • Update Qt to version 5.7.1 ( SPEC-416)
    • See new comment in Jira for discussion.
  • QEMU not working when using VMDK ( SPEC-405)
    • Scott will try adding guest drivers support in the QEMU image.
  • Separation of app native code
    • Updated 1/10 - Dashboard (SPEC-400), phone (SPEC-402), controls (SPEC-401), AM/FM radio (SPEC-403), Navigation, POI (SPEC-384) are not separated out into /apps.
    • Update 1/17 - Issues need to be assigned in Jira.
  • Jira SPEC-378 - problems with audio from radio and multimedia play at same time if both are started. Isogai assigned. Ideally we will have a general solution with Audio manager policy rather than having to stop/start apps when they need to stop audio. Update 1/17 - Should be looked at in Yokohama tomorrow.
  • Jira SPEC-395 - Media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/17 - Still open. Matt working on. Tanikawa-san said that there is a known issue with focus management (also affects idrive) in the current Window Manager implementation. Will set aside time on Friday at AMM to discuss.
  • HVAC - Jira SPEC-394 open Need to turn on the seat heating to move the sliders. Update 1/17 may be resolved (gerrit 8903)
  • Navigation - AisinAW
  • Update 1/10 - Some issues to be resolved 18 Jan at integration session.

New Business:


Meeting notes for Jan 10, 2017

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Jose, Stephane, Matt, Pete Popov, Jens, Romain, Ronan

  • Blowfish Patch Releases
    • Blowfish 2.0.5 in January. Please tag any Jira issues to be pulled in with “BB-Must-Fix”.
  • Charming Chinook RC and Release Schedule
    • RC3 released last week
    • Chinook branch created and all CC patches must be submitted to Chinook branch. Tag in Jira as “CC-Must-Fix”
    • Charming Chinook 3.0 tagged and binaries available. Source tar ball being created and should be available by Wednesday. Walt will send official release email once the source tar is ready.
    • Target having CC-Must-Fix issues closed by Jan 25 for release of 3.0.1 prior to FOSDEM.
  • Separation of app native code
    • Updated 1/10 - Dashboard (SPEC-400), phone (SPEC-402), controls (SPEC-401), AM/FM radio (SPEC-403), Navigation, POI (SPEC-384) are not separated out into /apps.
  • FOSDEM update
    • AGL stand accepted. List of accepted stands
    • Embedded dev room CFP closed. Schedule announced.
    • Kick-off meeting for FOSDEM planning will be held Thursday Jan 12.
    • Planning for dinner on Saturday night and a meet-up for beer after the dinner for folks who cannot make the dinner. Jan-Simon has a restaurant in mind in walking distance, but needs a number to tell the restaurant. Stephane and Fulup have discussed inviting other communities such as Tizen and GENIVI to attend as well.
  • Create wiki page for peripheral devices by board. (Walt) Leon sent examples of other wikis (GENIVI and elinux). Not done
  • CES Demo Status
    • Window Manager/ ivi-shell issue with Raspberry PI, Minnowboard, and QEMU. Blank screen after startup. Problem is not seen on Porter or Vayu. Tanikawa-san looking at with ADIT guys. SPEC-370 for RPI. SPEC-360 for Minnowboard. Race condition between home screen, window manager, and weston.
    • Update 1/10 - no longer seen after RC3
  • Board Specific issues
    • Porter
    • TI - Matt is having problems with Vayu starting the home screen. Karthis is not seeing the problem. Need to determine if this is a problem/difference with Matt's hardware or some kind of software issue. Update 1/10 - No longer an issue.
    • Raspberry Pi
    • Minnowboard
  • General Issues
  • Jira SPEC-378 - problems with audio from radio and multimedia play at same time if both are started. Isogai assigned. Ideally we will have a general solution with Audio manager policy rather than having to stop/start apps when they need to stop audio. Update 1/10 - Still a problem.
  • Jira SPEC-379 - AM/Tuner crashing when paused. Scott may have a fix. Update 1/10 - Fixed
  • Michael reporting that media player does not play next song if it is not in focus. This was on an older build (last week). Matt will try to reproduce. Update 1/10 - Still open. Matt working on.
  • Apps
  • HVAC - Jira SPEC-394 open Need to turn on the seat heating to move the sliders.
  • MOST network audio working
  • Brainstorm with Phil about how to show SOTA in a CES environment
    • Update 11/22 - Please further discuss plans. HTML5 based home screen proposed by ATS. Talk to Iot.bzh on whether this is feasible. Need to discuss by email
    • Homescreen - Mentor/ Jens
    • Media player with audio and video players - Nothing to report.
      • MP3 support only in Porter at the moment. Will need .ogg files for other platforms.
    • AM/FM tuner - Konsulko
      • Update 12/27 Scott working on the crash issue reported in Jira SPEC-379
    • Navigation - AisinAW
      • Update 12/27 - Last chance to test is tomorrow.
    • HVAC Control - Microchip - see above
    • Web Browser using wired, Wifi or Bluetooth connection - Igalia - Not part of main demonstration.
    • Settings - Bluetooth pairing and connection management - ALPS
      • Update 12/27 - Jira Spec-352 to track. Streaming disconnect being looked at by Matt. Not reproducible by him on a number of platforms using both the application and trying from console. No disconnections seen.
    • Settings - Wifi configuration as AP or client - ALPS
      • Update 12/20 - Patches to be integrated an tested.

3'rd Party Apps

  • SDL - Elektrobit - Progressing
    • Update 1/10 - Demo was working at CES
  • Miracast - NTT Data MSE
    • Meeting tomorrow internally to discuss whether they can release the binary application to AGL for distribution.
  • DAVINCI (DrimAES AGL Visual Launcher Innovation) - DrimAES
  • Instrument Cluster - Denso on Minnowboard Max - IC working on Minnowboard Max. Navi working on Porter board. Integration session set up for Tuesday with Denso and AisinAW.
  • Instrument Cluster - Cogent or Renesas on Porter - Same as above, but using plug-in from Cogent.
  • Microchip - Audio mixing, rear view camera, and RSE - working with Suzuki-san on camera application for front display. Need to get the gstreamer parameters to Suzuki-san to create the widget.
  • What in case of different homescreen (e.g. openivi), or virtual/homescreen
    • PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/homescreen = “HomeScreen” / “openivi”
    • Leon: generic systemd service with config file
    • different packagegroup/image

New Business:

  • VMDK build (QEMU x86-64) does not boot for Chinook. Run QEMU standalone does work the problem is with the VM environment. Jan-Simon is looking at it. SPEC-405.

Meeting notes for Jan 3, 2017

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Leon, Jose, Matt, Ronan, Romain

Short Meeting due to New Year and CES travel

Jan-Simon will set up a FOSDEM planning meeting for next week.

Chinook RC3 tomorrow. Should be final RC.

Jan-Simon noted that navi app has to be opened before POI app is started. Once POI is selected in POI app you need to switch over to the navi app manually, it does not switch over automatically.

Review gerrit issues open to see what should be merged into chinook.



Archived Meetings

2016 Meeting Notes

2015 Meeting Notes

Earlier meeting notes can be found here.

dev-call-info.txt · Last modified: 2017/03/24 21:44 by waltminer