User Tools

Site Tools


eg-virt-meetings

AGL Virtualization Expert Group (EG-VIRT) Meetings

EG-VIRT Meetings are held every other Friday at 13:00 UTC. The upcoming schedule can be found below.

Conference Information: EG-VIRT Biweekly Meeting

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/728365005

You can also dial in using your phone. United States (Toll-free) 1 877 309 2070 United States +1 (312) 757-3119

Access Code: 728-365-005

More phone numbers

Australia +61 2 8355 1034 Austria +43 7 2088 0716
Belgium +32 (0) 28 93 7002 Canada (Toll-free) 1 877 777 3281
Canada +1 (647) 497-9372 Denmark +45 69 91 84 58
Finland +358 (0) 923 17 0556 France +33 (0) 170 950 590
Germany +49 (0) 692 5736 7206 India (Toll-free) 000 800 100 8227
Ireland +353 (0) 19 030 053 Italy +39 0 699 26 68 65
Japan (Toll-free) 0 120 242 200 Korea, Republic of (Toll-free) 0806180880
Netherlands +31 (0) 208 080 759 New Zealand +64 9 974 9579
Norway +47 21 04 30 59 Spain +34 931 76 1534
Sweden +46 (0) 852 500 691 Switzerland +41 (0) 435 0026 89
United Kingdom +44 (0) 20 3713 5011

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready


Meetings Agenda and Report

Nov. 14th 2018, 3PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan-Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation), Umair Hashim, Daniel Bernal (Arm), Tiejun Chen (Arm), Alexander Damisch

  • AP Michele: Follow up the email from Walt to the AGL members mailing list
  • Umair will evaluate the possibility to add support for KVM on the Salvator-XS

Oct. 31st 2018, 3PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Daniel Bernal (Arm)

  • On Oct. 10th, an official request for feedback has been issued by Walt
    • no feedbacks
  • During the AGL AMM, the EG-VIRT speech has been held
    • Slides available at this address. Comments are welcome.
    • good presence during the presentation, no specific comments or questions

Oct. 3rd 2018, 4PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Tiejun Chen (VMWare)

  • The AGL mailing list servers had some issues recently. For this reason, Walt's feedback request did not go through. He is going to send it again.
  • Next call on the 17th of October is canceled. Next F2F meeting scheduled during AMM (18/10/2018)

Sept. 19th 2018, 3PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Daniel Bernal (Arm)

  • Dresden AGL AMM schedule announced
    • Talks cover virtualization (L4re) and RT
  • The EG-VIRT BoF session in Dresden is scheduled on the 18th 1:55PM
    • Focus will be on the next steps highlighted in the whitepaper: VM to VM communication and virtualization of the IO
  • Possibility of additional EG-Virt meeting on Friday 19th.
  • EG-Speech would like to take our time slot on Tuesday
    • We accepted to have EG-VIRT meeting one hour later each other Tuesday. If this is not OK for some of the EG-VIRT group members please let us know
  • Walt will send out a general request for feedback to OEMs and Tier-1 in the members ML
  • Next F2F meeting 18/10/2018

July 25th 2018, 3PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Jan-Simon Moeller(Linux Foundation), Jack Ren (Intel ACRN), Tiejun Chen (VMWare)

  • Jack is interested in integrating ACRN in AGL
    • meta-virtualization is the right place to add new hypervisors in AGL
    • Jack will investigate and come back with more questions if needed
  • Next call 22nd of August

June 27th 2018, 3PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner(Linux Foundation)

June 4th 2018, 3PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan-Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation), Artem Mygaiev (EPAM)

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization White paper
    • During the call, the AB comments have been discussed and addressed. A new version of the document is available.
    • Walt will send the PDF to the AB for the final validation
      • To be scheduled after ALS

May 30th 2018, 3PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Artem Mygaiev (EPAM), Stephane Desneux (IoT.bhz), George Eldho John

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • Walt will come back about the comment discussed during the last call: It should be solved but we need confirmation
    • two new comments arrived and have been discussed during the call: One related to the use of containers, the other about integration challenges.
      • Walt will follow up with comments authors to make sure our understanding of their comment is OK
    • An additional call to finalize the document is planned for Monday 4th of June, 3PM CEST
    • The communication between EE is one of the main concerns today. The interest for this part has been confirmed by the comments received from the AB
    • White-paper dissemination proposal: have printed versions to distribute at ALS

May 16th 2018, 3PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Gayathri PP (Tata Elxsi), ADIT_ynakamur, Artem Mygaiev, raj

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • received one comment from the AB, against section 6.3 (commercial solutions)
      • during the call, a comment has been added to the shared document to address this comment. The idea is to add a sentence that explains the importance of commercial solutions at this stage for their ability of providing safety certifiable solutions and supporting artifacts.
        • Walt will verify with the AB whether this properly addresses the comment
      • Artem mentioned that the XEN community plans to go in that direction in around the end of this year. This information can be added to the whitepaper

May 2nd 2018, 3PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Gayathri PP (Tata Elxsi), Ajmal, Neil Thomas

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • v1.2 has been released, and has been shared with the AGL Advisory Board (AB) for review on April 24th
      • The AGL AB has 30 days to provide comments before the release
        • No comments received so far
      • The objective is to release it publicly at ALS2018 with a Linux Foundation press release
    • An EG-VIRT BoF session has been accepted for ALS2018
  • Other business
    • Updates from the XEN Community:
      • XEN is now going certification
      • EPAM is working on a white paper about XEN RT virtualization to be released around June
    • Next call May 16th 3PM CEST

April 18th 2018, 3PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Daniel Bernal (ARM), Gayathri PP (Tata Elxsi)

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • During the Karlsruhe F2F meeting the AGL white paper has been presented
    • live discussion about the last pending review
      • Some points are left open after the discussion: Walt/Michele are working on them
    • License proposed is CC BY 4.0
  • Other business
    • Next call May 2nd 3PM CEST

April 4th 2018, 3PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Ajmal M Ali (Tata Elxsi), Gayathri PP (Tata Elxsi), Artem Mygaiev, Alex Agizim (EPAM), Jonathan Kline

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • After Walt review, two pictures and one box have been added
    • License and template are still missing
    • next steps
      • Last proof read and send the document for review to the steering board by the end of this week
      • During the next F2F meeting in Karlsruhe the AGL white paper will be presented
  • Other business
    • Next call April 18th 3PM CEST

March 21st 2018, 2PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Ajmal M Ali (Tata Elxsi), Gayathri PP (Tata Elxsi),

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • Document has been available for review since the last call
    • The content is today fixed and in a good shape
    • Contributions/reviews have been sent by Daniel, Adam, Tiejun
    • Michele worked on the KVM/XEN and Contributors section
      • to all contributors, please verify you are there and that your name-affiliation is included properly
    • next steps
      • Wait for missing contributions
      • Send the document PDF for review to the steering board with contributors in copy (Action Walt)
  • Other business
    • Next call April 4th 3PM CEST

March 12th 2018, 2PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Ajmal M Ali (Tata Elxsi), Gayathri PP (Tata Elxsi), Domining, Vinod (Wipro), george.j, Sai Krishna

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • Current status of the document has been reviewed. Comments have been added to the shared document
      • Michele provided a new version of the white paper
      • Proposed title is “The AGL software defined connected car architecture”
    • Action points
      • @All, Review the document by Monday 19/03/2018.
      • Contributors please fill section 8 with your name - company
      • @Rich, reduce XEN description to 10-12 lines
      • @Adam, reduce L4Re description to 10-12 lines
      • Complete commercial solution descriptions (@Walt, can you close the loop with the interested members?)
  • Other business
    • New calls schedule: each other Wednesday 2PM CET starting from next call
    • Next call March 21st 2PM CET

February 16th 2018, 2PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Daniel Bernal (Arm), Ajmal M Ali, Gayathri PP (Tata Elxsi), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Artem Mygaiev (EPAM), Ciwan Gouma, Rich Persaud, Sai Krishna, George Eldho John, Praveen Kumar, Sneha James

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • Walt will come back to us with more information about the white paper template
    • Interesting event to present the community white paper is Connected Car California (April 26th)
    • Current status of the document has been reviewed. Comments have been added to the shared document
      • Adam, Praveen, Michele and Tiejun provided new content. We have now 14 pages of text
      • No major sections with contributions missing. The work is in line with the the original plan
    • Next steps:
      • Review the full document, shrink it (Michele, ALL)
      • Complete missing parts and eventually call for new actions (Michele)
  • Other business
    • F2F EG-VIRT meeting has been scheduled for Thursday 9AM Tokyo time
    • Next Call: The one on Feb.23rd will be canceled.
  • EG-VIRT plan for 2018 has been uploaded by Michele on the AGL-roadmap wiki page and has been presented during the call

February 13th 2018, 4PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan-Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation), Daniel Bernal (ARM), Sebastien Douheret (IoT.bzh), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Artem Mygaiev (EPAM), Ajmal M Ali (Tata Elxsi), Praveen Kumar, Christopher Clark, Andrii Anisov, Rich Persaud, Gayathri PP

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • Current status of the document has been reviewed. Comments have been added to the shared document
      • Daniel, Artem and Tiejun provided new content.
      • Section with contribution pending are: 6 (hypervisors)
      • New deadline for contributions is Friday 16/02/2018.
  • Other business
    • Next calls scheduled for February 16th (2PM CET).

February 9th 2018, 2PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Sebastien Douheret, Ronan Le Martret (IoT.bzh), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Rich Persaud, Ajmal M Ali, Alexander Damisch, Sai Krishna, Gayathri PP, Osman Ismael

  • The group wiki page has been updated by Michele
  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • Current status of the document has been reviewed. Comments have been added to the shared document
      • Michele and Tiejun provided new content
      • Section which still miss a contributor are: 4.2.2 (assigned to Daniel), 5.2, 5.3 (to decide during the next call whether to keep them)
      • Section with contribution pending are: 3.1, 3.2, 4.2.3, 6
      • New deadline for contribution is Feb. 13th
      • Proposal is to have next call on Feb. 13th and another on Feb. 16th
      • Michele pinged OEM/Tier 1 to join the effort for the Use Cases/Requirements section
  • Other business
    • Next calls scheduled for February 13th (4PM CET) and Feb 16th (2PM CET)

February 6th 2018, 2PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan-Simon Moller (Linux Foundation), Sebastien Douheret, Ronan Le Martret (IoT.bzh), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Artem Mygaiev (EPAM), Rich Persaud, Ajmel

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • Agenda meeting include Review ToC, discuss proposal for contributions and assign contributors to sections and Start editing
      • No major comments on the ToC, which will be freezed during the next meeting
      • New sections have been assigned, a couple of them still miss the contributor
      • Daniel provided text for the business cases section
      • Michele will ask OEM/Tier 1 to join the effort for the Use Cases/Requirements section
  • Other business
    • Next call scheduled for February 9th, usual time (2PM CET)

January 26th 2018, 2PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Daniel Bernal (Arm), Sebastien Douheret (IoT.bzh, Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Dongjiu Geng (Huawei)

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • The official virtualization whitepaper call for contribution has been issued by the LinuxFoundation today, the work can now officially start
    • A shared document has been set up to proceed with the editing work. The document is publicly available at this address: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HpYzClh0nDEocsUHb17X0DxiehsAbCgyWE-P2Wk_RNU/edit?usp=sharing
      • The document can be read by anyone. People interested in contributing can request access
      • The document today contains a first table of content and editing plan, which have been presented during the call by Michele. Please read and comment, suggestions are welcome (both via mail, the document itself and conference calls).
      • Some sections have been assigned, other need your contribution!
  • EG-VIRT roadmap
  • Other business
    • Next call scheduled for February 6th, usual time (2PM CET)

November 17th 2017, 2PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Alexander Daimsch

  • EG-VIRT Virtualization Whitepaper
    • The official virtualization whitepaper call for contribution will be issued by the LinuxFoundation soon
    • Michele will start collecting contribution proposals and will release a plan with indicative deadlines
    • Google docs seems to be easier to set up and to use in this initial phase. Walt will initialize the document using this platform. If anybody has issues with this, let us know
  • Other business
    • Next call moved to Nov. 29th, same time

November 3rd 2017, 1PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Daniel Bernal (ARM), Tiejun Chen (VMWare), Joel Hoffmann (Renesas), Artem Mygaiev, Alex Agizim (EPAM), Okuno

  • Dresden AMM discussions recap
    • The Tokyo AGL AMM 2018 is the target for the whitepaper.
    • Walt will send an email to the discussions mail list to recruit team members to write the content of the paper.
  • EG-VIRT whitepaper Table of Content proposal presentation
    • Daniel Bernal (ARM) proposed a business model section.
    • Artem Mygaiev (EPAM) proposed to prioritise requirements.
  • Next steps
    • Michele will share the version of the ToC discussed during the meeting with Walt Miner. After, Walt will send out the call for participation.
    • For the editing phase, gitbook will be used
    • Contributors are invited to claim their willingness to work to specific parts of the text. During the next call in two weeks, the ToC will be stabilised, contributions will be assigned and a first deadline will be set.

September 22nd 2017, 2PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Daniel Bernal (ARM), Jan-Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation), Sebastien Douheret (IOT.bz), Okuno

  • KVM on Renesas R-Car M3
    • one patch merged review in meta-agl (change 10597, https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/#/c/10597/)
    • It is now possible to compile AGL with KVM enabled by adding the argument “agl-egvirt” when running the aglsetup.sh script
    • Action Michele: test KVM on M3 with pyro

SPEC 718 “Provide user space tool for KVM” marked as resolved

  • SPEC 496 “KVM porting to AGL” marked as resolved
  • EG-VIRT next steps:
    • Add virtualization/KVM support for Renesas R-Car H3
    • Improve documentation
    • Integrate meta-virtualization functions in AGL
  • Architecture discussion: The objective today is to find project-wise solutions to enable the execution of safety critical guests in AGL. Different solutions are being considered.
    • Multiple solutions can be targeted if there is strong interest from the community to support them
    • Discussion on requirements and use cases should start again at a certain point in order to advance into defining an architecture
  • Michele: the EG-VIRT session in Dresden will focus on new community directions to address safety critical and connectivity applications
  • Daniel: ARM is interested in the definition of an embedded virtualization solution for AGL and it is willing to contribute in that direction
  • Next EG-VIRT meeting: October 6th 2017

August 25th 2017, 2PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation)

  • During the last month, quite an intensive work has been done in the direction of the EG-VIRT yocto layer and KVM on ARMv8.
  • EG-VIRT Yocto layer
    • A new agl-egvirt MACHINE_FEATURE has been created.
    • two patches merged: the first in meta-agl (change 10507) and the other one meta-agl-devel (change 10476)
    • the eg-virt layer is in the meta-agl-devel repository
    • to enable it, add the argument “agl-egvirt” when running the aglsetup.sh script
  • KVM on Renesas R-Car M3
    • one patch merged in meta-agl-devel (change 10547)
    • one patch under review in meta-agl (change 10597)
  • EG-VIRT next steps:
    • finalize the support for KVM on the M3
    • Add virtualization/KVM support for Renesas R-Car H3
    • Integrate meta-virtualization functions in AGL
  • The EG-VIRT BoF session has been accepted for AGL AMM Fall meeting, you are all invited
  • EG-VIRT in the news!! The project has been mentioned by an official AGL press release, which has been mentioned/commented/described by several other websites
  • Next EG-VIRT meeting: September 22nd 2017

July 28th 2017, 2PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan-Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation)

Points of interest:

  • KVM on AGL update
  • EG-VIRT Yocto layer
    • New SPEC created as a sub task of SPEC-148 (Virtualization): https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-787
    • Michele's proposal is to create a meta-virt (or meta-egvirt) layer which will be used to develop and test new features as well as to assess/contribute back to existing layers
      • Example are meta-virtualization, a QEMU bbappend, etc.
      • External repository will be pulled through the AGL-repo default.xml file
      • the new layer should be able to correctly keep track of generic and changes bsp/AGL specifc (e.g., like what is done by the meta-updater layer)

June 30th 2017, 2PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation)

Points of interest:

May 26th 2017, 2PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation)

Points of interest:

  • KVM on AGL update, Third patch version uploaded at https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/#/c/9317
    • Added arm-trusted-firmware patch, which makes this work easy to be tested by the community
    • This patch version does not contain Linux kernel modifications. In fact, these resulted not necessary with the proposed ATF patch and a recent kernel (higher than 4.6)
  • ALS2017 will have an EG-VIRT BoF with KVM on AGL demo
  • Presentation links put in the wiki page

May 5th 2017, 2PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Stephane Desneux (IoT.bzh), Joel Hoffmann (Renesas), Jan-Simon Möller, Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Domining Ar Foll (Intel)

Points of interest:

  • KVM on AGL update:
    • KVM is running properly on the Renesas R-Car M3 with the AGL master repo (kernel version v4.9/rcar-3.5.3)
    • A new patch has been shared with the community for discussion
    • Action Michele: Add tag-prefix in the commit name ([Community])
    • Action Michele: Provide a way for the community to test it
      • A web-guide will be provided as soon as all the patches will be available

April 21st 2017, 2PM CEST Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Arvind Murthy (Global Logic), Ronan Le Martret, Stephane Desneux (IoT.bzh), Harunobu Kurokawa (Renesas), Jan-Simon Möller (Linux Foundation)

Points of interest:

  • KVM on AGL Update:
  • GlobalLogic is willing to work to port AGL on Xen Hypervisor
  • Tokyo ALS 2017 accepted submissions related to virtualization:
    • How to Introduce Virtualization in AGL? Objectives, Plans and Targets for AGL EG-VIRT - Michele Paolino
    • An OpenSource Low Level Hypervisor for AGL - Dominig ar Foll

March 14th 2017, at 1PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino, Kevin Chappuis (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Domining Ar Foll(Intel), Stephane Desneux, Ronan Le Martret (IOT.BZH)

Points of interest:

    • Sub-task is related to booting Linux in EL2 to be able to run KVM
  • A linux patch to enable Linux kernel booting in EL2 is under testing. /dev/kvm in present in the system (KVM boots correctly). However there is a problem with the VTTBR alignment when a VM is run. More in particular, when qemu-system-aarch64 is run with the “–enable-kvm” option, the kernel raises a Oops - BUG.
    • This problem is currently under investigation. As soon as the more information will be available, it will be shared with the community.

March 10th 2017, at 2PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), Domining Ar Foll(Intel), Joel Hoffmann (Renesas), Fulup Ar Foll, Ronan Le Martret(IOT.BZH), Takahi Matsuzawa (Xevo KK)

Points of interest:

  • updated virtualization issue on Jira: https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-148
    • The description of this issue has been modified to reflect a more generic activity which targets virtualization
  • Identification of Proof of Concept activities to demonstrate virtualization basics in AGL
    • KVM on AGL activity is proposed by Virtual Open Systems, aiming at proving basic Virtualization first. Other advanced features will be added later (graphic, etc).
      • The initial target of this work is R-Car M3.
      • Domining is interested to test it in parallel on Intel
    • Domining is working to prepare a PoC with Jailhouse on AGL
  • ALS 2017 virtualization related proposals
    • Michele presented an EG-VIRT BoF proposal for ALS2017
    • Fulup and Domining proposed talks respectively on the Application Framework namespaces and on Jailhouse
    • If other related presentations have been proposed, we can list all of them in the the EG-VIRT wiki page
  • The aforementioned basics PoCs results can be used to collect experiences needed to prepare an official AGL Virtualization Framework proposal to EG-SAT

February 24th 2017, at 2PM CET Meeting

Attendees: Michele Paolino, Kevin Chappuis, Alvise Rigo (Virtual Open Systems), Jan-Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation), Ronan Le Martret, Fulup Ar Foll (IoT.bzh), Takahi Matsuzawa (Xevo KK)

  • One of the key reasons to use virtualization is the possibility to execute different OSes with different level of criticality (e.g., AGL + RTOS). For this reason the idea is to discuss about the definition of the RTOS requirements.
  • RTOS main requirements are 3D graphic, ISO26262, open source license
    • As for 3D graphic, there is need to share it between the RTOS and AGL. Possibilities are API remoting, HW partitioning and Display controller direct access
      • On top of this, optional target for RTOS graphic can be solutions like Qt, which is GPL v3 thus cannot be used in the AGL core
    • At the best of our knowledge, no open source OS ASIL B or ASIL C exists today
      • Linux ASIL certification for kernel portion might be a solution. Intel is working on this
      • Fulup suggests to go through a call for companies to find whether some members are willing to donate something
      • We could go through an evaluation of the existing technologies and present them to the SAT team and then to the AGL steering committee
  • FreeRTOS
    • It is open source, but it has no graphic support and it is not ISO26262 certified
    • Linux RT patches are an alternative

Kick-Off - January 27th 2017, at 2PM CET

Attendees: Michele Paolino, Kevin Chappuis (Virtual Open Systems), Dominig (Intel Open Source), Fulup ar Foll, Ronan Le Martret, Stephane Desneux (IoT.bzh), Tadao Tanikawa (Panasonic), Walt Miner (AGL), JS Moeller (Linux foundation), Peng

  • Presentation of the EG goals and objectives
  • AGL virtualization has to be hypervisor agnostic, targeting all the AGL supported hardware platforms
  • SPEC-148 page needs to be reshaped
  • Use Cases (GPU Virtualization) has been discussed, mentioning opensource solution like virtio-GPU, XenGT
  • First plan of the next step discussed, with a PoC proposal for ALS2017
eg-virt-meetings.txt · Last modified: 2018/11/14 15:30 by m.paolino