User Tools

Site Tools


eg-ivi:meetings

Meeting Notes for AGL IVI Expert Group

Feb 15, 2024

Attendees: Walt, Joel, Jan-Simon, Marius, Scott, Jake

  • AGL release plans
    • Quillback/ Kirkstone will live on for next two years
    • Master will up rev to scarthgap in early March after AMM for Ricefish release in July
    • Joel will target an update targeted to master/Quillback/kirstone before we merge Scarthgap
  • Meta-Flutter updates in progress
    • Depot tools tip of tree
    • Flutter engine 3.16.9
    • Workspace automation - Flutter app autoroller.
  • 2024 Planning
    • Discussed SPEC-5072 - Further improvements and functionality for the AGL compositor. Marius will document discussion in the jira ticket
  • Will need some level of support from Scott, Jan-Simon, and Marius for meta-flutter updates
  • Would like guidance for porting from ivi shell to AGL compositor expedite internal changeover to AGL compositor. Marius needs some direction on what is missing in AGL compositor to meet Toyota's needs.
    • Dual output to HUD display (SPEC-4910)
    • Consolidation of layers as they are being used by Toyota in ivi-shell.
    • Gesture detection improvements - improvements to libinput
    • Input muxing with multiple layers
    • Animations
    • App store proposal

Feb 8, 2024

Attendees: Walt, Joel, Jan-Simon, Marius, Scott, Jake

  • Meta-Flutter updates in progress
    • Depot tools tip of tree
    • Flutter engine 3.16.9
    • Workspace automation - Flutter app autoroller.
  • 2024 Planning
    • Will need some level of support from Scott, Jan-Simon, and Marius for meta-flutter updates
    • Would like guidance for porting from ivi shell to AGL compositor expedite internal changeover to AGL compositor. Marius needs some direction on what is missing in AGL compositor to meet Toyota's needs.
      • Dual output to HUD display (SPEC-4910)
      • Consolidation of layers as they are being used by Toyota in ivi-shell.
      • Gesture detection improvements - improvements to libinput
      • Input muxing with multiple layers
      • Animations

Dec 21, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Joel, Jan-Simon, Scott, Marius, Scott, Jake

  • Joel working hard on getting Filament working as an alternative to Impeller.
  • Camera integration is on hold until next year - we need a description of what Joel will be demonstrating at CES.

Dec 14, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Joel, Keith, Lisandro, Jan-Simon, Scott, Dorothy, Jeff, Marius, Scott, Jake, Justin, Lynn, Terry Staycer

Questions for discussion:

  1. What can we do to improve developer on-boarding for AGL?
    1. Lisandro: Platform team had difficulty with the set up scripts that we provided. Need to be improved.
    2. Found it easy to wire up the back end with KUKSA running in a container.
    3. Justin: Found it difficult to make changes in Flutter and deploy them. Had to use the Yocto build system rather than an IDE that they run on their desktop.
    4. Scott: the initial pieces are in place, but work needs to be done.
    5. Joel: Are there Jira tickets or other communication around the issue? Could be fixed in an hour or so.
    6. Walt; Have we documented the requirements and what the expectations are?
    7. Dorothy: hardware access
  1. What did you find easy or difficult to use in the Flutter embedder? What improvements can we make in the experience?
    1. Lisandro: Issues were resolved quickly by the AGL dev team as ICS found them
  1. What additional services would be helpful to add to the AGL interface?
  1. Finally I would like your thoughts on what improvements or expansions we can make to the Flutter apps and how easy or difficult it would be to reuse the code for a landscape version of the apps using the same display.
    1. David: This would not be too difficult to do, I would estimate about a day or two of effort depending on the competence of the developer. There are libraries that can be used for this and many of the components will scale.
    2. Getting video working would be big win. Is there a way to get upstream video plug-ins running?
  • Camera integration is on hold until next year - we need a description of what Joel will be demonstrating at CES.
  • Joel now using TI EVK instead of Beaglebone AI-64?
  • Joel started working on BeagleBone AI
  • Joel talked about putting together a camera demo with LLM integration for a standalone CES demo. Would also include Impeller (3D engine) with Navi. Space secured in the CES Booth for the demo.

Nov 30, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Joel, Marius, Jan-Simon, Jake

  • Flutter 3.13.9 integrated
  • ICS integration is basically complete. Will set up a session with ICS for the next call to have a project wrap-up with lessons learned.
  • Joel shared his Pigeon sandbox work https://github.com/toyota-connected/linux-pigeon-sandbox/ sounds like we can pick up some cool off the shelf apps in the media and casual gaming space.
  • Camera integration is on hold until next year - we need a description of Joel will be demonstrating at CES.
  • Joel now using TI EVK instead of Beaglebone AI-64?
  • Joel started working on BeagleBone AI
  • Joel talked about putting together a camera demo with LLM integration for a standalone CES demo. Would also include Impeller (3D engine) with Navi. Space secured in the CES Booth for the demo.

Nov 9, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Joel, Marius, Scott, Jan-Simon, Lisandro, Jake

  • Flutter 3.13.2 integrated last week.
  • SPEC-4938 - visual artifacts problems. Marius submitted a fix to Joel's repo.
  • Need update to 3.13.9?
  • Joel now using TI EVK instead of Beaglebone AI-64?
  • Joel started working on BeagleBone AI
  • Joel talked about putting together a camera demo with LLM integration for a standalone CES demo. Would also include Impeller (3D engine) with Navi. Space secured in the CES Booth for the demo.

Nov 2, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Joel, Marius, Scott, Jan-Simon, Lisandro, Jake, Yassine

  • Flutter 3.13.2 integrated last week.
  • SPEC-4938 - visual artifacts problems. Marius submitted a fix to Joel's repo.
  • Need update to 3.13.9?
  • Joel now using TI EVK instead of Beaglebone AI-64?
  • Joel started working on BeagleBone AI
  • Joel talked about putting together a camera demo with LLM integration for a standalone CES demo. Would also include Impeller (3D engine) with Navi. Space secured in the CES Booth for the demo.

Oct 12, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Joel, Marius, Scott, Jan-Simon

  • ICS engagement moving along nicely. Reviewed first screen designs and wireframes with their design team and their devs are spinning up as well.
  • Flutter 3.13.2 being worked on. Should be ready for us end of day Friday
  • Joel started working on BeagleBone AI
  • Joel talked about putting together a camera demo with LLM integration for a standalone CES demo. Would also include Impeller (3D engine) with Navi. Space secured in the CES Booth for the demo.

Oct 5, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Joel, Jake, Marius, Scott

  • ICS kickoff took place this week. Meeting with developers later today and designers tomorrow morning.
  • Joel started working on BeagleBone AI
  • Flutter 3.13.2 planned second week of October (on track for next week).
  • Joel talked about putting together a camera demo with LLM integration for a standalone CES demo. Would also include Impeller (3D engine) with Navi. Space secured in the CES Booth for the demo.

Sep 28, 2023

Attendees: Jan-Simon, Joel, Jake, Marius, Anthony Barrera

  • ICS will start working next week.
  • Marius reported on the issues found on AGL's -next branch around weston/mesa:
    • SPEC-4911
    • SPEC-4913
    • SPEC-4915
  • Flutter 3.13.2 planned second week of October.
  • Scott buying a BeagleBone AI-64 - Joel reports issues getting the stack to work with prebuilt images.
  • pi5 out, likely available around the workshop
  • Joel talked about putting together a camera demo with LLM integration for a standalone CES demo. Would also include Impeller (3D engine) with Navi. Walt to make sure we have a space for this in the booth layout.

Sep 21, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Joel, Scott, Marius

  • Had a few meetings with ICS with a business discussion planned for this afternoon. Confluence page for CES 2024 demo and ICS engagement.
  • Flutter 3.13.2 planned second week of October.
  • Scott buying a BeagleBone AI-64
  • Joel talked about putting together a camera demo with LLM integration for a standalone CES demo. Would also include Impeller (3D engine) with Navi. Walt to make sure we have a space for this in the booth layout.

Sep 14, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Joel, Scott, Jake, Marius

  • Walt meeting with ICS this afternoon.
  • Joel has been busy with internal work, delaying the up rev to 3.13.2 to second week of October.

Sep 7, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Joel, Scott, Jake

  • Joel suggested to ICS that they should talk to us about a Figma integration for Flutter apps. Walt arranging a meeting with them.
  • Joel working up rev to 3.13.2. Was hoping to get into AGL this week. Includes a new upgrade to Dart VM major.

Aug 31, 2023

Attendees: Jan-Simon, Joel, Scott, Jake

Aug 10, 2023

Attendees: Jan-Simon, Joel, Scott, Jake

  • no updates this week
  • Scott looking into flutter apps wrt grpc support
  • meta-flutter can be compiled w/o meta-clang soon
  • Walt will add Joel's roadmap info from his email to Confluence and we can use the Confluence page for discussions going forward - still TBD
  • Joel may have fix for the i.Mx8 issue he was seeing.
  • Joel's OSS update has been pushed back a little.
    • OSS update includes Impeller.
    • Internally moving to 3.10.6 (latest stable) for Flutter

Aug 10, 2023

Attendees: Jan-Simon, Joel, Scott, Jake, Marius

  • updates for meta-flutter (dunfell) upstream
  • Uprev planned for master by next week.
  • Pike 16.0.0 will be released asap
    • agl-ivi-demo-platform-flutter build so we can reference it in the workspace
  • Scott looking into flutter apps wrt grpc support
  • Walt will add Joel's roadmap info from his email to Confluence and we can use the Confluence page for discussions going forward - still TBD
  • Joel may have fix for the i.Mx8 issue he was seeing.
  • Joel's OSS update has been pushed back a little.
    • OSS update includes Impeller.
    • Internally moving to 3.10.6 (latest stable) for Flutter

Aug 3, 2023

Attendees: Jan-Simon, Joel, Jake, Joel, Marius

  • Uprev planned for master by EOW next week.
  • Walt will add Joel's roadmap info from his email to Confluence and we can use the Confluence page for discussions going forward - still TBD
  • Joel may have fix for the i.Mx8 issue he was seeing.
  • Joel's OSS update has been pushed back a little.
    • OSS update includes Impeller.
    • Internally moving to 3.10.6 (latest stable) for Flutter

July 20, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Jake, Joel, Marius

  • Walt will add Joel's roadmap info from his email to Confluence and we can use the Confluence page for discussions going forward - still TBD
  • Joel may have fix for the i.Mx8 issue he was seeing.
  • Joel's OSS update has been pushed back a little.
    • OSS update includes Impeller.
    • Internally moving to 3.10.6 (latest stable) for Flutter

July 6, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Scott, Jake, Joel

  • Walt will add Joel's roadmap info from his email to Confluence and we can use the Confluence page for discussions going forward - still TBD
  • Joel seeing regressions on i.Mx8. He bought a board to try to debug it.
  • Will be pushing an OSS update end of the week including Impeller.
  • Internally moving to 3.10.5 (latest stable) for Flutter
  • Set up meeting time with Joel at the F2F next Friday.

June 1, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Jake, Joel, Marius

May 18, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Jake, Joel

  • Joel swamped with internal work so has not any time for AGL work.
  • Will make an effort to get the workspace automation into Pike M1 (planned for June 9)
  • Would like to use it as the basis for some automation of Qt and Webapp workflows
  • Walt will add Joel's roadmap info from his email to Confluence and we can use the Confluence page for discussions going forward - still TBD
  • Workspace automation

May 11, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Jake

  • Joel cannot attend ALS Europe in Prague due to internal commitments.
  • Walt will add Joel's roadmap info from his email to Confluence and we can use the Confluence page for discussions going forward - still TBD
  • Workspace automation

May 4, 2023

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Jake, Marius, Joel

  • Joel will work to get approval to present and attend ALS Europe in Prague. Focus will be how to get started with Flutter and AGL and workflow.
  • Walt will add Joel's roadmap info from his email to Confluence and we can use the Confluence page for discussions going forward - still TBD
  • Workspace automation

April 20 2023

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Jake, Marius, Joel

  • Joel back from two weeks in Japan.
  • Joel will work to get approval to present and attend ALS Europe in Prague. Focus will be how to get started with Flutter and AGL and workflow.
  • Walt will add Joel's roadmap info from his email to Confluence and we can use the Confluence page for discussions going forward - still TBD
  • Workspace automation

Mar 30 2023

Attendees: Walt, Scott, Max, Jake, Marius, Joel, Date

  • Jake is taking over from Max going forward.
  • Joel will work to get approval to present and attend ALS Europe in Prague. Focus will be how to get started with Flutter and AGL and workflow.
  • Walt will add Joel's roadmap info from his email to Confluence and we can use the Confluence page for discussions going forward.
  • Joel's patches are going to be accepted upstream by the Flutter team so we can carry fewer (none?) patches at some time in the near future
  • Joel walked us through https://github.com/meta-flutter/workspace-automation and the work he has done there particularly the files in https://github.com/meta-flutter/workspace-automation/tree/main/configs

September 22nd, 2022

Attendees: Jan-Simon, Scott, Max, Marius, Joel

  • Joel looking at Kuksa and gRPC.
  • Joel working on training slides
  • Scott looks at flutter-homescreen for the ivi-demo
  • No update wrt basesystem planned atm.

Next call on 29th September.

April 15th, 2021

Attendees:Walt Bernard Jerry Mikhail Scott Kurokawa Kobayashi Hosokawa Kato Nakao Nishiguchi Nomoto Date Takeuchi

Agenda:

  • IVI-EG Schedule Update
  • Production Readiness Requirement Specification
  • Virt-IO device support priority
  • IVI-EG Schedule Update
    • 21:00, Thursday on the same day which SAT meeting is held.
    • Next IVI-EG on May13th

https://confluence.automotivelinux.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=42369066

April 1st, 2021

Attendees:Walt, Jan-Simon, Bernard, Daniel, Kobyashi, Jerry, Kato, Date, Nakao, Scott, Takeuchi

The following is the material I explained. https://confluence.automotivelinux.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=41680904

Agenda:

  • Explain PowerManagement feature in Basesystem(↑material)
  • Feature Plan with Virt-EG
    • Process Overall discussion in SAT → each EG
    • At next SAT, Jerry-san explains the each needs the prioritization
    • At 22 SAT, collect the prioritized list and make prioritization.

March 4th, 2021

Attendees:Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Kurokawa, Date, Nomoto, Hosokawa, Nishiguchi

Agenda:

February 18th, 2021

Agenda:

  • To share abstraction of AMM presentation from Toyota
    • The content of AMM
      • Background(Toyota AGL activity in 2020)
      • What is contributing for Production Readiness?
      • Introduction of Demo
      • Awareness in Trial Operation
      • What is plan to target next?
      • Conclusion
  • To discuss some items if anyone have

Attendees:

February 4th, 2021

Agenda:

  • Discussion Plan (minor update)
  • Introduction
  • PR software structure should be more composable and selectable
  • remained Topics
  • Security Module
  • Package Management & deployment
  • API
  • HMI
  • IPC

https://confluence.automotivelinux.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=36765867

January 21th, 2021

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Nomoto-san, Tanikawa-san, Kurokawa-san, Hosokawa-san, Date-san, Scott, Tsubone-san, Oki-san

Agenda:

  • Overall Update
    • discussion plan
    • contribution status and review comment
  • Basesystem HAL follow-up
    • What is HAL? Why is HAL needed?
    • Signal handling overview
    • HAL Example 1: Positioning HAL
    • HAL Example 2: CAN HAL
    • CAN HAL API
    • Typical use cases
      • Send CAN data
    • Plan (Idea) for Production Readiness

Click this link to see the slide. https://confluence.automotivelinux.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=36765830

January 7th, 2021

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Nomoto-san, Date-san, Oki-san, Scott, Aketa-san, Tanikawa-san, Nishiguchi-san,

  • Remained BaseSystem feature
    • Lifecycle management
  • HAL
  • Review of basesystem contribution
  • SPEC status

December 21st, 2020

Attendees: Nomoto-san, Kurokawa-san Nishiguchi-san Scott, Aketa-san, Tanikawa-san, Walt, Jan-simon

From Toyota(advance comments)

  • The files below are the same name files, but at the moment there are some differences between the two.
  • ./service/system/task_manager/client/libtskmcfg/conf/agl_thread.h
  • ./agl-basefiles/include/agl_thread.h ^^
    • question: use different names to not confuse ? e.g. agl_thread_tm.h ?
  • So our ideas are to keep the two in basesystem.git at the current state and to refactor them from next year.
  • Current HALs are stub and they don't have function.
    • As actual product, Basesystem has HALs and cannot be separated for supplier.
    • TOYOTA and related company are implementing only can_hal for R-Car aiming for June.
      • question: what makes the can_hal rcar-specific ? (only vcan - Kurokawa-san)
      • question: what is the abstraction provided by the can_hal (and other *_hal) .
        • e.g. over the BSP like meta-rcar-gen3
        • or e.g. why need to abstract the standard linux kernel socketcan
  • xpath:
    • need in recipe: 'inherit perlnative' (Nomoto-san)
    • need to patch xpath recipe to use '#!/usr/bin/env perl' (Scott)

AI:

  • check if documentation about HAL can be shared
  • review agl-basefiles recipe. are these needed at all given:

Plan:

  • any pending changes to basesystem.git go first,
  • then merge recipes (if the image builds)

Next call: January 7th 2021

December 16th, 2020

Attendees: Nomoto-san, Aketa-san, Tanikawa-san, Yamaguchi-san, Haraki-san, Kurokawa-san, Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott

December 14th, 2020

Attendees: Nomoto-san,

  • Agenda review
  • Basesystem review
  1. - Need quick intro from Toyota what is where (very brief does each folder contain)
    • agl-basefiles: used by all other components (e.g. Makefiles, some headers)
    • agl-systemd: systemd files used to start systemmanager
    • hal: SOC abstraction
    • module: kernel module
    • service: contains all function source code
    • stub: stub functions
  2. - Questions:
  3. - Q&A
  • Yocto recipe review (gerrit)
  1. - walkthrough on recipes in gerrit
    • 25647 ok, pending changes to basesystem (agldd)
    • 25648 ok, but pending changes to kernel module
    • Fails to compile: 25652
      • | ./src/resmgr_api_lib.c:19:10: fatal error: resmgr_api.h: No such file or directory
      • possibly generated? → need to fix build dependency !
  2. - discussion on simplification and path forward
    • 'SDKTARGETSYSROOT=${STAGING_DIR_HOST}'“ not required ('–sysroot=${STAGING_DIR_HOST}' is already part of the $CC variable !
      • – influences basesystem-common.bbclass
      • – Makefile makros in basesystem.git
  3. - work on recipes
    • 25647-25651 (JS & Scott) BSMAKE_FILE fix
    • 25652 Tanikawa-san (resmgr_api.h)
    • 25653-25654 → Nomoto-san (xpath and BSMAKE_FILE)
    • Nomoto-san: need to deal with basesystem.git issues mentioned above
      • agl-thread.h
      • agl_types_obsoluted.h
      • evk_lib.h
      • stub/clock/localtime ?
      • 'SDKTARGETSYSROOT=${STAGING_DIR_HOST}'” not required ('–sysroot=${STAGING_DIR_HOST}' is already part of the $CC variable !

* Next meeting on wednesday.

eg-ivi/meetings.txt · Last modified: 2024/02/15 17:55 by wminer