User Tools

Site Tools


eg-ciat:meetings

EG CIAT bi-weekly call

Dial In info

In addition to the conference call and web meeting, meetings use IRC channel #automotive on freenode.net

1. To join the meeting go to https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/997304269

2. Preferred method is to use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.

Australia: +61 2 9091 7603 Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 65
Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 0716 Japan (toll-free): 0 120 242 200
Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 4372 Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 759
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9380 New Zealand: +64 9 974 9579
Canada (toll-free): 1 877 777 3281 Norway: +47 21 04 30 59
Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 84 58 Spain: +34 931 76 1534
Finland: +358 (0) 931 58 1773 Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 691
France: +33 (0) 170 950 590 Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0026 89
Germany: +49 (0) 692 5736 7300 United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3713 5011
India (toll-free): 000 800 100 8227 United States (toll-free): 1 877 309 2073
Ireland: +353 (0) 15 360 756 United States: +1 (312) 757-3119

Access Code: 997-304-269
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 997-304-269


Roadmap for 2018

  • Lab in a box
    • Board management
    • Board on developer's desk
  • Improved publishing of test results
    • UI improvements to KCi
  • Additional tests
    • Applications
      • test output should use TAP as output format
      • work out example test for one application
    • Platform
      • ptests (embedded in the yocto recipes)
    • BSPs
      • KSelfTest
  • Fuego integration
    • Support to run tests as lava jobs (from within Fuego)
    • BSP integration

Meeting 2018/12/11

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Frederic, Stephane, Li, Ronan

  • Fujitsu will do bi-weekly tests:
    • application tests:
      • bluetooth, hfp
      • radio
      • mediaplayer
      • navigation
      • hvac
      • dashboard
    • report by ? → Jan-Simon to talk with Walt. (currently email)
    • Reviewing test report xls
    • Question about test result submission
      • We have now the 'zephyr' plugin for jira for test management installed
    • Update 11/12:
      • This week GG RC2 6.99.2 (report to be added)
        • Issues on:
          • Bluetooth (add report to jira → Matt R)
          • Navigation (subsequent starts still bring not navigation to foreground) (→Tanikawa-san)
          • Mediaplayer (if usb-drive is removed, then mediaplayer hangs/does not play anymore, loop unstable) (→ Matt R)
        • Need to check if jira's are filed for these.
  • SPEC-920
    • Fix in gerrit 16867
    • further discussion
      • AIs:
      • Scott: take a look at the prserv if we can solve above issue on rpm feeds
      • AI (jsm/ryan): forbid revert button (?edit button?)
      • Tom: may need policy around reverts and bumping PR value (at least for meta-layers)
      • In the end have a multi-config build with “bitbake agl-world”
        • atm share sstate-cache but separate TMPDIR
          • bitbake multiconfig:m3conf multiconfig:h3conf multiconfig:intelcorei7conf dummy-image
            • conf/m3conf.conf
            • conf/h3conf.conf
            • conf/intelcorei7conf.conf
          • start with core … once done … lock the SIGNATURES ?
        • Initial step, use agl-demo-platform-crosssdk as target (only active profile atm)
          • AI (Ryan): activate PRSERV for snapshot builds
            • PRSERV setup in infra, addition to jobs pending
            • Update 13/11: prserv setup, need to use in jobs
            • Update 11/12: Jobs rework to use PRSERV (but will invalidate sstate-cache)
            • Update 11/12: postponed after CES.
          • AI (jsm): bitbake package-index
            • Update 11/12: postponed after CES.
          • AI (jsm): sync-out the rpm feeds for the snapshot builds
            • Update 11/12: more space on download server requested
          • AI (Ronan): can we prepopulate the rpm feed info in the target ? (add to sandbox builds … e.g. user 'lastest' ) https://download.automotivelinux.org/AGL/snapshot/master/latest/<machine>/
            • Update 11/12: postponed after CES.
          • AI (Tom): is there a prserv (ro) version?
            • Update 11/12: postponed after CES.

Next call: Jan 15th 2019 , Jan 22nd 2019

Meeting 2018/11/13

Attendees

Walt, Jan-Simon, Xiaoming Li, Ronan, Stephane, Frederic

  • Fujitsu will do bi-weekly tests:
    • application tests:
      • bluetooth, hfp
      • radio
      • mediaplayer
      • navigation
      • hvac
      • dashboard
    • report by ? → Jan-Simon to talk with Walt. (currently email)
    • Reviewing test report xls
    • Question about test result submission
      • We have now the 'zephyr' plugin for jira for test management installed
  • SPEC-920
    • Fix in gerrit 16867
    • further discussion
      • AIs:
      • Scott: take a look at the prserv if we can solve above issue on rpm feeds
      • AI (jsm/ryan): forbid revert button (?edit button?)
      • Tom: may need policy around reverts and bumping PR value (at least for meta-layers)
      • In the end have a multi-config build with “bitbake agl-world”
        • atm share sstate-cache but separate TMPDIR
          • bitbake multiconfig:m3conf multiconfig:h3conf multiconfig:intelcorei7conf dummy-image
            • conf/m3conf.conf
            • conf/h3conf.conf
            • conf/intelcorei7conf.conf
          • start with core … once done … lock the SIGNATURES ?
        • Initial step, use agl-demo-platform-crosssdk as target (only active profile atm)
          • AI (Ryan): activate PRSERV for snapshot builds
            • PRSERV setup in infra, addition to jobs pending
            • Update 13/11: prserv setup, need to use in jobs
          • AI (jsm): bitbake package-index
            • Update 30/10: no update
            • Update 13/11: no update
          • AI (jsm): sync-out the rpm feeds for the snapshot builds
            • Update 30/10: no update
            • Update 13/11: no update
          • AI (Ronan): can we prepopulate the rpm feed info in the target ? (add to sandbox builds … e.g. user 'lastest' ) https://download.automotivelinux.org/AGL/snapshot/master/latest/<machine>/
            • Update 30/10: no update, waiting for feed
          • AI (Tom): is there a prserv (ro) version?
            • Update 30/10: no update
            • Update 13/11: no update
        • Update 27/11: no update
    • master-next branch:
    • issue with ptest packages, CI-build should enable agl-ptest
    • SPEC-1902, Stephane will do the reference features, Jan-Simon the CI features.
      • Update 27/11: WIP (draft in gerrit)

Meeting 2018/11/13

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Xiaoming Li, Ronan, Stephane, Frederic, Kusakabe-san

Topics:

  • Fujitsu will do bi-weekly tests:
    • application tests:
      • bluetooth, hfp
      • radio
      • mediaplayer
      • navigation
      • hvac
      • dashboard
    • report by ? → Jan-Simon to talk with Walt. (currently email)
  • SPEC-920
    • Fix in gerrit 16867
    • further discussion
      • AIs:
      • Scott: take a look at the prserv if we can solve above issue on rpm feeds
      • AI (jsm/ryan): forbid revert button (?edit button?)
      • Tom: may need policy around reverts and bumping PR value (at least for meta-layers)
      • In the end have a multi-config build with “bitbake agl-world”
        • atm share sstate-cache but separate TMPDIR
          • bitbake multiconfig:m3conf multiconfig:h3conf multiconfig:intelcorei7conf dummy-image
            • conf/m3conf.conf
            • conf/h3conf.conf
            • conf/intelcorei7conf.conf
          • start with core … once done … lock the SIGNATURES ?
        • Initial step, use agl-demo-platform-crosssdk as target (only active profile atm)
          • AI (Ryan): activate PRSERV for snapshot builds
            • PRSERV setup in infra, addition to jobs pending
            • Update 13/11: prserv setup, need to use in jobs
          • AI (jsm): bitbake package-index
            • Update 30/10: no update
            • Update 13/11: no update
          • AI (jsm): sync-out the rpm feeds for the snapshot builds
            • Update 30/10: no update
            • Update 13/11: no update
          • AI (Ronan): can we prepopulate the rpm feed info in the target ? (add to sandbox builds … e.g. user 'lastest' ) https://download.automotivelinux.org/AGL/snapshot/master/latest/<machine>/
            • Update 30/10: no update, waiting for feed
          • AI (Tom): is there a prserv (ro) version?
            • Update 30/10: no update
            • Update 13/11: no update

New issues:

  • Slaves fail to reach download server → SDK → app builds 'just' succeed
  • SPEC-1902, Stephane will do the reference features, Jan-Simon the CI features.

Next meeting in 2 week

Meeting 2018/10/30

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Xiaoming Li, Ronan, Romain, Stephane

Topics:

  • SPEC-920
    • Fix in gerrit 16867
    • further discussion
      • AIs:
      • Scott: take a look at the prserv if we can solve above issue on rpm feeds
      • AI (jsm/ryan): forbid revert button (?edit button?)
      • Tom: may need policy around reverts and bumping PR value (at least for meta-layers)
      • In the end have a multi-config build with “bitbake agl-world”
        • atm share sstate-cache but separate TMPDIR
          • bitbake multiconfig:m3conf multiconfig:h3conf multiconfig:intelcorei7conf dummy-image
            • conf/m3conf.conf
            • conf/h3conf.conf
            • conf/intelcorei7conf.conf
          • start with core … once done … lock the SIGNATURES ?
        • Initial step, use agl-demo-platform-crosssdk as target (only active profile atm)
          • AI (Ryan): activate PRSERV for snapshot builds
            • PRSERV setup in infra, addition to jobs pending
          • AI (jsm): bitbake package-index
            • Update 30/10: no update
          • AI (jsm): sync-out the rpm feeds for the snapshot builds
            • Update 30/10: no update
          • AI (Ronan): can we prepopulate the rpm feed info in the target ? (add to sandbox builds … e.g. user 'lastest' ) https://download.automotivelinux.org/AGL/snapshot/master/latest/<machine>/
            • Update 30/10: no update, waiting for feed
          • AI (Tom): is there a prserv (ro) version?
            • Update 30/10: no update
  • Current issues:
    • New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
    • Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
      • detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
      • Update 2018-08-21: waiting for BSP
      • Update 2018-10-30: Done
    • SPEC-1378 container
      • Update 2018-07-10: no news
      • Update 2018-08-21: build still failing with connection issues
      • Update 2018-10-30: new cloud network fixed the issue for now. close.
      • Update 2018-10-30: no news
    • 2018-10-30: CIAT infra sprint with baylibre

Next meeting in 2 week

Meeting 2018/10/02

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Stephane, Tom, Ronan

Topics:

  • INFRA updates
  • Fuego
    • Update 02/10 No update
  • SPEC-920
    • Fix in gerrit 16867
    • further discussion
      • AIs:
      • Scott: take a look at the prserv if we can solve above issue on rpm feeds
      • AI (jsm/ryan): forbid revert button (?edit button?)
      • Tom: may need policy around reverts and bumping PR value (at least for meta-layers)
      • In the end have a multi-config build with “bitbake agl-world”
        • atm share sstate-cache but separate TMPDIR
          • bitbake multiconfig:m3conf multiconfig:h3conf multiconfig:intelcorei7conf dummy-image
            • conf/m3conf.conf
            • conf/h3conf.conf
            • conf/intelcorei7conf.conf
          • start with core … once done … lock the SIGNATURES ?
        • Initial step, use agl-demo-platform-crosssdk as target (only active profile atm)
          • AI (Ryan): activate PRSERV for snapshot builds
          • AI (jsm): bitbake package-index
          • AI (jsm): sync-out the rpm feeds for the snapshot builds
          • AI (Ronan): can we prepopulate the rpm feed info in the target ? (add to sandbox builds … e.g. user 'lastest' )
          • AI (Ton): is there a prserv (ro) version?
  • New issues:

Meeting 2018/09/25

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Frederic, Kurokawa-san, Khiem Nguyen, Xiaoming Li, Ronan, Scott, Tom, 'Renesas dev',

Topic: SPEC-920 ( https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-920 )

Notes:

  • RPM feed for image and SDK by eg. dnf or dnf-sdk wrapper
  • Limitation/Problem observed:
    • PRSERV use the HASH to match-up with the revision (generated/stored/served)
    • Revert in metadata (recipe) will lead to 'old' revision being used (prserv replies with old rev)
  • poky/meta/conf/bitbake.conf:PKGR ?= “${PR}${EXTENDPRAUTO}”
  • Remaining problem: metadata revert will lead to r4→r3 due to hash being recognized by prserv as existing
  • AIs:
    • To try things out, get in 16667 to master only (it is optional and not enabled by default)
    • Scott: take a look at the prserv if we can solve above issue on rpm feeds
    • AI (jsm/ryan): forbid revert button (?edit button?)
    • Tom: may need policy around reverts and bumping PR value (at least for meta-layers)

Meeting 2018/08/21

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Ronan, Li Xiaoming, Frederic

== AGL CIAT meeting ==

Topics

  • Status updates:
    • Infra:
        • Further investigation needed based on Dominigs email.
          • Need to try pxe next
        • Update 2018-06-26: Input during ALS, working sample with ipxe shown. Doc to be sent to ML.
          • Liu showed procedure
            • Advanced Network stack enabled.
            • Enable network boot in bios boot config screen (Fixed boot order)
            • build IPXE from git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git ; cd ipxe/src
            • shell.ipxe:
              • #!ipxe
              • shell
            • make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi EMBED=./shell.ipxe
          • Frederic: got pxe shell and network boot
        • Update 2018-07-10:
        • Update 2018-07-24:
          • serial debugging still WIP
        • Update 2018-08-21:
          • need to follow-up
    • Lava
      • waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.04 to be ready in lava-docker
      • Means we also have to update the slaves (=new version of lava-dispatcher)
      • WIP: uprev slaves.
      • Update 2018-06-26: Schedule next week (week 27) for lab uprev.
      • Update 2018-07-10: Jan-Simon started to uprev the AGL-core-lab and uses the lava-docker
      • Update 2018-07-24:
        • fix zmq auth issue
        • persistent db
        • 2018.04 uprev done
        • Jan-Simon working on docker boards.yaml for master server
      • Update 2018-08-21:
        • Connection issues between slave and master, need to debug with Ryan.
    • KernelCI
      • webui changes WIP
        • tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
        • Update 2018-06-26: demo last week during ALS, plan to deploy week 27
        • Update 2018-07-10: no update, delayed
        • Update 2018-07-24: baylibre has test instance deployed with ui changes
        • Update 2018-08-21:
          • Deploying latest changes
    • Fuego
      • any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
        • 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
        • Update 2018-06-26: Presentation during ALS with better integration (add link)
        • 2018-07-10: no patches for integration, yet.
        • 2018-07-24: no update
        • Update 2018-08-21: no update
  • Current issues:
    • New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
      • As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
        • nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
        • port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
        • Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
        • Update 2018-07-24: investigating client versions
        • Update 2018-08-21: no update
    • Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
      • detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
      • separate dummy recipe/package with no rpm (empty)
        • which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
        • e.g. at configure step.
      • Update 2018-07-24: waiting for rc3 (for BSP 3.9)
      • Update 2018-08-21: waiting for BSP
    • SPEC-1378 container
      • Update 2018-07-10: no news
      • Update 2018-08-21: build still failing with connection issues
    • docker container jobs fail:
    • generic container vs. xds container discussion:
    • Smaller SDK size (e.g. no kernel-devsrc and so on) for app developers (jira for GG)

Next meeting(s)

Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/07/24

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Frederic, Li Xiaoming, Clement, Kevin, Stephane, Ronan

== AGL CIAT meeting ==

Topics

  • Status updates:
    • Infra:
        • Further investigation needed based on Dominigs email.
          • Need to try pxe next
        • Update 2018-06-26: Input during ALS, working sample with ipxe shown. Doc to be sent to ML.
          • Liu showed procedure
            • Advanced Network stack enabled.
            • Enable network boot in bios boot config screen (Fixed boot order)
            • build IPXE from git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git ; cd ipxe/src
            • shell.ipxe:
              • #!ipxe
              • shell
            • make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi EMBED=./shell.ipxe
          • Frederic: got pxe shell and network boot
        • Update 2018-07-10:
        • Update 2018-07-24:
          • serial debugging still WIP
      • download server speed issues under investigation
        • for now we doubled the speed … = ~1.5MB/s max
        • Debugging ongoing, workaround for CI WIP
        • Update 2018-06-26: Seems to be an upstream ISP issue. Workaround seems in place but no final Solution atm.
        • Update 2018-07-10: Cloud internal network structure changed (slaves on own private net now)
        • Update 2018-07-24: taking care of lab in Lorient.
    • Lava
      • waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.04 to be ready in lava-docker
      • Means we also have to update the slaves (=new version of lava-dispatcher)
      • WIP: uprev slaves.
      • Update 2018-06-26: Schedule next week (week 27) for lab uprev.
      • Update 2018-07-10: Jan-Simon started to uprev the AGL-core-lab and uses the lava-docker
      • Update 2018-07-24:
        • fix zmq auth issue
        • persistent db
        • 2018.04 uprev done
        • Jan-Simon working on docker boards.yaml for master server
    • KernelCI
      • webui changes WIP
        • tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
        • Update 2018-06-26: demo last week during ALS, plan to deploy week 27
        • Update 2018-07-10: no update, delayed
        • Update 2018-07-24: baylibre has test instance deployed with ui changes
    • Fuego
      • any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
        • 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
        • Update 2018-06-26: Presentation during ALS with better integration (add link)
        • 2018-07-10: no patches for integration, yet.
        • 2018-07-24: no update
  • Current issues:
    • SPEC-1378
      • Update 2018-05-29: wip
      • Update 2018-06-12: wip
      • Update 2018-06-26: Reduce build frequency to RC's final / ondemand / move proper container to release folder.
      • Update 2018-07-10: no news
    • New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
      • As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
        • nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
        • port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
        • Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
        • Update 2018-05-29: no update
        • Update 2018-06-12: investigating client versions
        • Update 2018-06-26: investigating client versions
        • Update 2018-07-10: investigating client versions
        • Update 2018-07-24: investigating client versions
    • Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
      • detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
      • separate dummy recipe/package with no rpm (empty)
        • which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
        • e.g. at configure step.
      • Update 2018-06-12: no update
      • Update 2018-06-26: no update, plan is to do a python class.
      • Update 2018-07-10: investigating for new bsp (3.9)
      • Update 2018-07-24: waiting for rc3 (for BSP 3.9)
    • docker container jobs fail:
    • generic container vs. xds container discussion:
  • New issues:
    • Smaller SDK size (e.g. no kernel-devsrc and so on) for app developers (jira for GG)

Next meeting(s)

Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/07/10

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Frederic, Ronan, Tanibata-san, Li Xiaoming

== AGL CIAT meeting ==

Topics

  • Status updates:
    • Infra:
        • Further investigation needed based on Dominigs email.
          • Need to try pxe next
        • Update 2018-06-26: Input during ALS, working sample with ipxe shown. Doc to be sent to ML.
          • Liu showed procedure
            • Advanced Network stack enabled.
            • Enable network boot in bios boot config screen (Fixed boot order)
            • build IPXE from git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git ; cd ipxe/src
            • shell.ipxe:
              • #!ipxe
              • shell
            • make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi EMBED=./shell.ipxe
          • Frederic: got pxe shell and network boot
        • Update 2018-07-10:
      • download server speed issues under investigation
        • for now we doubled the speed … = ~1.5MB/s max
        • Debugging ongoing, workaround for CI WIP
        • Update 2018-06-26: Seems to be an upstream ISP issue. Workaround seems in place but no final Solution atm.
        • Update 2018-07-10: Cloud internal network structure changed (slaves on own private net now)
    • Lava
      • waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.04 to be ready in lava-docker
      • Means we also have to update the slaves (=new version of lava-dispatcher)
      • WIP: uprev slaves.
      • Update 2018-06-26: Schedule next week (week 27) for lab uprev.
      • Update 2018-07-10: Jan-Simon started to uprev the AGL-core-lab and uses the lava-docker
    • KernelCI
      • webui changes WIP
        • tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
        • Update 2018-06-26: demo last week during ALS, plan to deploy week 27
        • Update 2018-07-18: no update, delayed
    • Fuego
      • any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
        • 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
        • Update 2018-06-26: Presentation during ALS with better integration (add link)
        • 2018-07-10: no patches for integration, yet.
  • Current issues:
    • SPEC-1378
      • Update 2018-05-29: wip
      • Update 2018-06-12: wip
      • Update 2018-06-26: Reduce build frequency to RC's final / ondemand / move proper container to release folder.
      • Update 2018-07-10: no news
    • New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
      • As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
        • nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
        • port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
        • Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
        • Update 2018-05-29: no update
        • Update 2018-06-12: investigating client versions
        • Update 2018-06-26: investigating client versions
        • Update 2018-07-10: investigating client versions
    • Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
      • detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
      • separate dummy recipe/package with no rpm (empty)
        • which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
        • e.g. at configure step.
      • Update 2018-06-12: no update
      • Update 2018-06-26: no update, plan is to do a python class.
      • Update 2018-07-10: investigating for new bsp (3.9)
    • docker container jobs fail:

Next meeting(s)

Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/06/26

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Frederic, Ronan, Stephane, Liu, Oki-san

== AGL CIAT meeting ==

Topics

  • Status updates:
    • Infra:
        • Further investigation needed based on Dominigs email.
          • Need to try pxe next
        • Update 2018-06-26: Input during ALS, working sample with ipxe shown. Doc to be sent to ML.
          • Liu showed procedure
            • Advanced Network stack enabled.
            • Enable network boot in bios boot config screen (Fixed boot order)
            • build IPXE from git.ipxe.org/ipxe.git ; cd ipxe/src
            • shell.ipxe:
              • #!ipxe
              • shell
            • make bin-x86_64-efi/ipxe.efi EMBED=./shell.ipxe
          • Frederic: got pxe shell and network boot
      • download server speed issues under investigation
        • for now we doubled the speed … = ~1.5MB/s max
        • Debugging ongoing, workaround for CI WIP
        • Update 2018-06-26: Seems to be an upstream ISP issue. Workaround seems in place but no final Solution atm.
    • Lava
      • waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.04 to be ready in lava-docker
      • Means we also have to update the slaves (=new version of lava-dispatcher)
      • WIP: uprev slaves.
      • Update 2018-06-26: Schedule next week (week 27) for lab uprev.
    • KernelCI
      • webui changes WIP
        • tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
      • * Update 2018-06-26: demo last week during ALS, plan to deploy week 27
    • Fuego
      • any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
        • 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
        • Update 2018-06-26: Presentation during ALS with better integration (add link)
  • Current issues:
    • SPEC-1378
      • Update 2018-05-29: wip
      • Update 2018-06-12: wip
      • Update 2018-06-26: Reduce build frequency to RC's final / ondemand / move proper container to release folder.
    • New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
      • As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
        • nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
        • port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
        • Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
        • Update 2018-05-29: no update
        • Update 2018-06-12: investigating client versions
        • Update 2018-06-26: investigating client versions
    • Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
      • detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
      • separate dummy recipe/package with no rpm (empty)
        • which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
        • e.g. at configure step.
      • Update 2018-06-12: no update
      • Update 2018-06-26: no update, plan is to do a python class.
      • Update 2018-06-26: Closed. Fix in current master.
    • docker container jobs fail:
  • New issues:
    • no

Next meeting(s)

Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/05/29

Attendees

Jan-Simon,

== AGL CIAT meeting ==

Topics

  • Status updates:
    • Infra:
        • worked during f2f on netboot with uefi, need to either use grubefi or pxe .
        • Further investigation needed based on Dominigs email.
          • Need to try pxe next
      • download server speed issues under investigation
        • for now we doubled the speed … = ~1.5MB/s max
        • Ryan to does a debug session with provider
        • Debugging ongoing, workaround for CI WIP
    • Lava
    • KernelCI
      • webui changes WIP
        • tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
    • Fuego
      • any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
        • 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
  • Current issues:
    • SPEC-1378
      • Update 2018-05-29: wip
      • Update 2018-06-12: wip
    • New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
      • As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
        • nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
        • port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
        • Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
        • Update 2018-05-29: no update
        • Update 2018-06-12: investigating client versions
    • Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
      • detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
      • separate dummy recipe/package with no rpm (empty)
        • which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
        • e.g. at configure step.
      • Update 2018-06-12: no update

Next meeting(s)

Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/05/29

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Frederic Marec,

== AGL CIAT meeting ==

Topics

  • Current issues:
    • SPEC-1378
      • Update 2018-04-17: No update
      • EE & FF
      • Update 2018-05-15: wip, creating templates fir ci-management repo
      • Update 2018-05-29: wip
    • New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
      • As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
        • nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
        • port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
        • Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
        • Update 2018-05-29: no update
    • Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
      • detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
      • separate dummy recipe/package with no rpm (empty)
        • which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
        • e.g. at configure step.

Next meeting(s)

Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/05/15

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Frederic Marec, Liu Wenlong, Tanibata-san, Oki-san, Ronan Le Martret, Stephane Desneux, Tiejun Chen

Topics

== AGL CIAT meeting ==
  • Status updates:
    • Infra:
    • Lava
      • waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.4 to be ready in lava-docker
    • KernelCI
      • webui changes WIP
        • tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
    • Fuego
      • any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
  • Current issues:
    • SPEC-979 (Stephane):
      • docker images: See jira. Fixing docker build and using BUILD_NUMBER. Also separate release job for container images (other from weekly container build).
    • SPEC-1378
      • Update 2018-04-17: No update
      • EE & FF
      • Update 2018-05-15: wip, creating templates fir ci-management repo
    • New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
      • As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
        • nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
        • port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
        • Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
    • m3ulcb, h3ulcb build issues in jira, Ronan is looking into it.
      • Update 2018-05-15: done
    • Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
      • detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
  • New issues:
    • Layer reorg in stage 3.

Next meeting(s)

Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/04/17

== AGL CIAT meeting ==
  • Status updates:
    • Infra: blocked due to travel/F2F, continuing this week
  • Current issues:
    • SPEC-1374: tried to reduce build parallelism
      • Update 2018-04-17: Fixed. Was problem in cogent repo - Ronan fixed by blacklisting.
      • infra to run ptests is there
      • Update 2018-04-17: Fixed by Jose. ptests can be built again.
    • SPEC-781:
      • Missing license file checksum
      • Update 2018-04-17: Fixed. Closed.
      • install 'packer'
      • then run ./local_packer_run.sh
      • image is in 'OUTPUT' can be run in qemu
    • SPEC-979 (Stephane):
      • docker images: See jira. Fixing docker build and using BUILD_NUMBER. Also separate release job for container images (other from weekly container build).
      • Created
        • SPEC-1378
          • Update 2018-04-17: No update
        • SPEC-1379
          • Update 2018-04-17: Merged. Closed.
  • New issues:
    • New nbd client (proposal by Dominig)
    • m3ulcb, h3ulcb build issues in jira, Ronan is looking into it.
    • Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?

Next meeting(s)

Next call in 4 weeks (due to may 1st being a public holiday) same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/04/03

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Kurokawa-san, Kusakabe-san, Stephane, Oki-san, Ronan, Frederic, Liu Wenlong, Mohammed Gueroud, Vinod,

Topics

== AGL CIAT meeting ==
  • Status updates:
    • KernelCI
      • configuration in progress
    • LAVA docker in LFIT
      • setting ACL and tokens
    • CIBT / LAVA
        • Update: font package is causing the issue (Kudos to Jose)
        • Plan: make this update non-blocking for serial terminal access
        • WIP (enable KVM + fix to postinst).
        • Update 2018-04-03: KVM active in lava lab, thus mitigated.
    • Next actions: enabling more ptests and test scripts
  • New:
    • SPEC-1374: tried to reduce build parallelism
      • infra to run ptests is there,
    • SPEC-781:
      • Missing license file checksum
      • install 'packer'
      • then run ./local_packer_run.sh
      • image is in 'OUTPUT' can be run in qemu
    • SPEC-979 (Stephane):
      • docker images: See jira. Fixing docker build and using BUILD_NUMBER. Also separate release job for container images (other from weekly container build).
      • Created
        • SPEC-1378
        • SPEC-1379
        • SPEC-1380
    • New board support in FUEGO (Oki-san)
      • Introducing during F2F in Karlsuhe on Friday

Next meeting(s)

Next call in 2 weeks (apr 17th) same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/03/06

Attendees

Jan-Simon Möller, Frederic Marec

Topics

  • Status updates:
    • Infra:
      • downtime required today to re-setup firewall node in cloud env (to improve BW)
        • See email.
    • KernelCI
      • deployed
      • remaining issue: access to data older than 14d (UI)
    • LAVA docker in LFIT
      • restoring database dump
      • setting ACL and tokens
    • CIBT / LAVA
    • Lab-in-a-box
      • Training session during AMM - update/feedback ?

Next meeting(s)

Next call in 2 weeks (march 20th) same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/02/13

Attendees

Jan-Simon, Tim, Frederic, Kyohhei-san, Ronan, Kusakabe-san, Stephane

Topics

== Hosting the FUEGO meeting today, welcome! ==
  • Status update
    • Fuego status
      • next Major release areas of focus
        • Documentation conversion to reStructuredText
        • Documentation for end users (not developers)
          • How to customize tests (criteria.json)
          • Dynamic test documentation in reStructuredText
            • Combination of human-readable and Fuego-generated content
        • Fuego automated release testing (Fuego selftest)
          • ProFusion has started work
          • Have done major cleanups to Dockerfile
          • Working towards having a downloadable docker image (not requiring image build by end user)
          • work is in fuego 'next' branch of tbird20d git repository
      • System provisioning
        • Build and deploy system to target
          • Stuck working on some Board Farm management software issues
        • May add following soon:
          • board status check
          • board hardware reboot
          • board serial monitor (maybe)
      • Work is currently being done in the 'master' branch
      • A few tests changes recently:
        • added more Realtime tests: backfire, migratetest, deadlinetest
        • more changes for LTP: parsing of realtime results
== AGL CIAT meeting ==
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 5s / no limit)[K[    [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m] 
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 5s / no limit)[K[     [0;31m*[0m]
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 6s / no limit)[K[    [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m] 
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 6s / no limit)[K[   [0;31m*[0;1;31m [0m[0;31m*[0m] 
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 7s / no limit)[K[  [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m[0;31m* [0m] 
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 7s / no limit)[ 
  • Update 2018-02-13: kvm mitigates the issue, will be enabled in the labs
  • Lab-in-a-box
  • Training session during AMM
  • New:

Next meeting(s)

Need to skip call due to Embedded World. Next call in 3 & 5 weeks (march 6th and march 20th) same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

Meeting 2018/01/30

Attendees

Jan-Simon Möller, Kotaro Hasioto, Liu Wenlong, Tetsuji Yamamoto, Frederic Marec, Ronan Le Martret

Topics

  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 5s / no limit)[K[    [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m] 
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 5s / no limit)[K[     [0;31m*[0m]
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 6s / no limit)[K[    [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m] 
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 6s / no limit)[K[   [0;31m*[0;1;31m [0m[0;31m*[0m] 
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 7s / no limit)[K[  [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m[0;31m* [0m] 
  A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 7s / no limit)[ 
  • Fuego
    • no update
  • Lab-in-a-box
    • no update
  • New topics:

Meeting 2018/01/02

Attendees

Jan-Simon Möller, Frederic Marec, Liu Wenlong, Kyohhei Oki, Ronan Le Martret, Tetsuji Yamamoto

Topics

== AGL CIAT meeting ==
  running for Run pending postinsts (5min 5s / no limit)[K[    [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m] A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 5s / no limit)[K[     [0;31m*[0m] A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 6s / no limit)[K[    [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m] A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 6s / no limit)[K[   [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m[0;31m*[0m] A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 7s / no limit)[K[  [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m[0;31m* [0m] A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 7s / no limit)[ 
  • Roadmap for 2018
    • From CIAT EG
      • Lab in a box
        • Board management
        • Board on developer's desk
      • Improved publishing of test results
        • UI improvements to KCi
      • Additional tests
        • Applications
          • test output should use TAP as output format
          • work out example test for one application
        • Platform
          • ptests (embedded in the yocto recipes)
        • BSPs
          • KSelfTest
      • Fuego integration
        • Support to run tests as lava jobs (from within Fuego)
  • New:

Next meeting(s)

Call in 2 weeks same place, same time (13:00 UTC)

===


Meeting 2018/01/02

Attendees

Jan-Simon Möller, Loys Ollivier, Frederic Marec, Liu Wenlong, Ronan

Topics

== AGL CIAT meeting ==
  running for Run pending postinsts (5min 5s / no limit)[K[    [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m] A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 5s / no limit)[K[     [0;31m*[0m] A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 6s / no limit)[K[    [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m] A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 6s / no limit)[K[   [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m[0;31m*[0m] A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 7s / no limit)[K[  [0;31m*[0;1;31m*[0m[0;31m* [0m] A start job is running for Run pending postinsts (5min 7s / no limit)[ 

Next meeting(s)

Call in 2 weeks same place, same time (13:00 UTC) . Jan 16th 2018.

Meeting Archive

Meeting 2016/yy/zz

Attendees
Topics
Notes
Goals for next 2 weeks
Next meeting

eg-ciat/meetings.txt · Last modified: 2018/12/11 13:34 by jsmoeller