User Tools

Site Tools


agl-sat-meetings

AGL System Architecture Team (SAT) Meetings

Meetings of the System Architecture Team are held every other Thursday at 13:00 UTC. The upcoming schedule can be found below.

Conference Information:

AGL-SAT Biweekly Meeting

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/443971577

Meeting ID: 443 971 577

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ameRude4a


July 4, 2019

Attendees:

June 20, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Eric, Scott, Stephane, George, Daniel, Bechir, Nakadachi, Kurokawa, Sekine

  • Updates on HH RC2 - Not running as root, etc.
    • Not running as root merged this week. Builds come up in the CI lab. Audio not working.
    • This morning's snapshot build has everything built in. Can use to test while people wait for their local builds to complete.
  • Denso Ten analysis?
  • Steering Wheel controller for CES demo.
  • Agenda for ALS F2F
  • ALS Demo - docker build by IoT.bzh https://github.com/iotbzh/AlexaDocker
    • Need to get running on guppy. Thierry was working on master.
  • RHSA RFQ

June 11, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Ronan, Michael, Fulup, Sebastien, Stephane, Hosokawa, Marc, Kurokawa, Nakadachi, Kusakabe, Yamaguchi, Scott, Li

Reviewed and updated the AGL LTS requirements and assumptions. https://confluence.automotivelinux.org/x/X4CP

Took a quick look at the AGL Production Readiness Confluence page. Kusakabe-san said that he will be ready to show the Denso Ten review of AGL APIs at the next SAT meeting.

Walt will send out the RHSA RFQ for review.

June 6, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Tanikawa, George, Kusakabe, Marc, David Fries (SanCloud), Michael, Daniel, Guy, Sebastien, Yamaguchi

  • Weston 6.0 discussion
    • i.Mx6 unstable startup, but probably not a Weston issue. Scott working on updating the changes.
    • No major problems identified on other boards. Daniel looking at problem with QEMU not starting.
  • Update from Daniel on Window Manager architecture
    • Scott (NZ) working on getting the existing demo home screen working.
  • Update from George on PipeWire
    • Decision by SAT as documented in the presentation: Pipewire only solution for HH.
      • PipeWire is a new switch in aglsetup. Remove the 4a switch. Leave Sound Manager switch intact.
      • + Easier code implementation. Can remove #ifdefs in apps and services that require knowledge of which audio implementation is in use
      • + Audio will work but policy plugin available in Icefish
      • + Apps are already ported and need less code (if old code removed)
      • - unicens/agl-service-unicens needs to be ported (target 8.0.1)
      • - Knife switch. HH will not support 4a. Sound Manager sources will be included, but will not be built or tested by AGL.
      • - Bluetooth audio will not be functional in 8.0.0. Target patch release 8.0.1 for Bluetooth audio
  • Doc site update
    • Common method for documenting the APIs is needed so that developers know what is expected of them for documentation and we have a method for displaying the APIs on the doc website. Walt will send an email to address this.
    • Need some help with CSS and layout. There are known issues that need to be addressed.
    • Need to have layout very wide to see the branch switching, etc.
  • RHSA Update
    • Nakadachi-san provided this update. Requirements spec 0.2 is available on the RHSA page. Revised plan is for SAT to review the spec at the F2F meeting. Plan is for 10 units to be available by the end of September.
    • 5/23 - Initial RFQ based on the spec from the EHSA EG to be reviewed at next SAT call.
  • Yocto - thud 2.6.2 was just released with our fixes. Need to bump for master.
    • warrior 2.7 is now released. Can revive agl-next branch to start tracking warrior.
    • 5/23 - Need Jira ticket for bump to 2.6.2. Assign to Tom.
    • 6/6 - Done. Master now on 2.6.2.
  • Site for Sep F2F Meeting (week 37 (Sep 9) interferes with Linux Plumbers)
  • Suggestion week 38 in Europe due to other conferences the weeks before and after. Check with Amazon on their availability. Lorient is a possible site. Need to check with Amazon on their availability location-wise.
  • Add LTS and production readiness to next SAT agenda
  • ALS demo being shipped to Japan on Tuesday. Need to check with Amazon on the token and API site still being available.
  • Ask Scott to post to wiki page or doc site instructions for building CES 2019 demo units.
  • Jan-Simon asking for comments on gerrit 21389, restructure of the folder layout in gerrit.
    • 6/6 - Now targeted for RC2
  • New Business
    • Schedule a follow-up SAT call for Tuesday morning in CIAT slot.

May 23, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Sebastien, Kurokawa, Daniel, Eric , Yamaguchi, Hosokawa, Guy

  • Weston 6.0 discussion
    • All targets except i.MX6 now build.
    • No major problems identified yet. M3, Vayu, and RPI still need to be verified.
  • Update from Daniel on Window Manager architecture
    • See yesterday's App FW EG Meeting minutes
  • Update from George on PipeWire
    • George having some problems joining
  • Doc site update
    • New doc site is now live with the multi-branch switcher.
    • XDS documentation being updated by Scott R.. Link checker was run and found about 25 broken links within the page that need to be fixed. Scott working on that as well.
    • Common method for documenting the APIs is needed so that developers know what is expected of them for documentation and we have a method for displaying the APIs on the doc website. Walt will send an email to address this.
    • Need some help with CSS and layout. There are known issues that need to be addressed.
    • Need to have layout very wide to see the branch switching, etc.
  • RHSA Update
    • Nakadachi-san provided this update. Requirements spec 0.2 is available on the RHSA page. Revised plan is for SAT to review the spec at the F2F meeting. Plan is for 10 units to be available by the end of September.
    • 5/23 - Initial RFQ based on the spec from the EHSA EG to be reviewed at next SAT call.
  • Yocto - thud 2.6.2 was just released with our fixes. Need to bump for master.
    • warrior 2.7 is now released. Can revive agl-next branch to start tracking warrior.
    • 5/23 - Need Jira ticket for bump to 2.6.2. Assign to Tom.
  • New Business
  • Site for Sep F2F Meeting (week 37 (Sep 9) interferes with Linux Plumbers)
  • Suggestion week 38 in Europe due to other conferences the weeks before and after. Check with Amazon on their availability. Lorient is a possible site. Need to check with Amazon on their availability location-wise.
  • Add LTS and production readiness to next SAT agenda
  • ALS demo being shipped to Japan on Tuesday. Need to check with Amazon on the token and API site still being available.
  • Ask Scott to post to wiki page or doc site instructions for building CES 2019 demo units.
  • Jan-Simon asking for comments on gerrit 21389, restructure of the folder layout in gerrit.

May 9, 2019

Attendees: Upcoming Meeting F2F Meeting in Spain

April 25, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Tom, Alexey, Scott, Eugeniy, Lorenzo, Stephane, George, Kusakabe, Nakadachi, Yamaguchi, Sebastien, Michael F, Michael T, Eric, Hosokawa

  • Update from Daniel on Window Manager architecture
    • Daniel not available.
  • Update from George on PipeWire
    • Working on Pipewire session manager for policy management. Julian also working on the project to get Bluetooth running (A2DP now working. HFP in progress). George is working on session manager for the F2F meeting in May. Will also work with Wim on outstanding PipeWire design issues for automotive.
  • Doc site update
    • New doc site is now live with the multi-branch switcher.
    • Need some help with CSS and layout. There are known issues that need to be addressed.
    • Mobile support not working (404 errors)- Fixed
    • Need to have layout very wide to see the branch switching, etc.
  • RHSA Update
    • Nakadachi-san provided this update. Requirements spec 0.2 is available on the RHSA page. Revised plan is for SAT to review the spec at the F2F meeting. Plan is for 10 units to be available by the end of September.
  • Yocto - thud 2.6.2 was just released with our fixes. Need to bump for master.
    • warrior 2.7 is now at M3
  • New Business
    • None

April 11, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Nakadachi, Sebastien, Lorenzo, Stephane, Truong, Kusakabe, Kurokawa, Kusakabe, Guy, George, Julian, Fulup

  • Update from Daniel on Window Manager architecture
    • Daniel not available.
  • Update from George on PipeWire
    • Working on Pipewire session manager for policy management. Julian also working on the project to get Bluetooth running. Plan is to have a working session manager and Bluetooth stack for the F2F meeting in May. Will also work with Wim on outstanding PipeWire design issues for automotive.
  • Doc site update
    • New doc site is now live with the multi-branch switcher.
    • Need some help with CSS and layout. There are known issues that need to be addressed.
    • Mobile support not working (404 errors). Need to have layout very wide to see the branch switching, etc.
  • RHSA Update
    • Nakadachi-san provided this update. Requirements spec 0.2 is available on the RHSA page. Revised plan is for SAT to review the spec, then the hardware design will be kicked off with Panasonic. Plan is for 10 units to be available by the end of September.
  • Navi EG
    • No one on the call
  • Yocto - master now updated to thud. CI loop is currently broken, but will be fixed shortly.

March 28, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Yamaguchi, Kurokawa, Nakadachi, Stephane, Sebastien, Daniel, Eric, Momiyama, George

  • Update from Daniel on Window Manager architecture
    • Daniel has a new presentation which he will send to the mail list and we will review fully during the graphics EG call on Monday.
  • Update from George on PipeWire
    • Wim will attend the May F2F meeting to help work out upstream issues with PipeWire
  • Doc site update
  • RHSA Update
    • Spec update in progress within the EG and will not be completed by the end of the month. Will take another 2 weeks and Nakadachi-san will update us again during the next call.
  • Navi EG
    • New EG leader will be Wakazono-san from MicWare. He joined the SAT call, but was disconnected.

March 14, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Daniel, George, Guy, Daniel, Eric, Tanikawa, Travis Taylor (Panasonic), Fulup, Stephane, Yamiguchi, Kusakabe, Lorenzo

Topics:

  • Review of meeting minutes from last week's F2F meeting in Tokyo
    • Audio
    • Window Manager and graphics
      • Presentation from Daniel on progress with Window Manager and Compositor.
        • Lots of good feedback. Tanikawa noted that the presentation does not include separation of home screen and window manager services as agreed to in Tokyo. Daniel confirmed that this is an oversight and will update accordingly.
  • Video - skipped due to time
  • System Spec - skipped due to time
  • Instrument Cluster EG - skipped due to time
  • RHSA - skipped due to time
  • Latest on updates to documentation site
    • AGL APIs specification format (for documentation, code generation, QA …)
    • Proposal/example for GPS API:

https://git.automotivelinux.org/apps/agl-service-gps/tree/api/gps-service-geolocation-with-states.yml?h=sandbox/benierc/newapis

  • docs-agl is now deprecated (archived in fact == read-only)

expected steps:

1) extensive review
2) fixes
3) publish and replace existing site on docs.automotivelinux.org

February 28, 2019

Meeting canceled due to Embedded World

February 14, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Tanikawa, Kurokawa, Momiyama, Jose, Michael, Yamaguchi

  • Update from Navi EG
    • Momiyama-san can no longer work on the Navi EG tasks due to other tasks within AisinAW.
    • Seek new leadership for the Navi EG
    • Momiyama-san asked Micware to be new leader for EG and they are considering it
  • Roadmap updates
  • App FW Roadmap (continued from App FW call)
  • Agenda for F2F SAT meeting in Japan on Thursday March 7
    • Window manager and home screen proposal
    • Future of audio in AGL - 4a and pipewire discussion
    • Speech EG updates
    • Graphics and UI updates
    • App FW EG updates
    • Spec 2.0
    • FOSDEM debriefing and having an embedded room in 2020
    • Functional safety project update
    • Autonomous driving update
    • Steering Committee Meeting in parallel with a wrap-up at the end of the day
  • GG ready to go - release notes will be finalized today.
  • Poll of members of who is using which version of AGL to gauge how long we need to support EE, FF, GG, etc.
  • Latest documentation site updates can be found at https://docs-next.iot.bzh/docs/getting_started/en/dev/
    • We will move this over to the public site in the next few weeks as we finish the GG release

January 31, 2019

Attendees: Walt, Michael, Kurokawa, Lorenzo, Daniel, Jim, Yamaguchi, Stephane, Sebastien

  • Roadmap updates
  • Agenda for F2F SAT meeting in Japan on Thursday March 7
    • Window manager and home screen proposal
    • Future of audio in AGL - 4a and pipewire discussion
    • Speech EG updates
    • Graphics and UI updates
    • App FW EG updates
    • Spec 2.0
    • FOSDEM debriefing and having an embedded room in 2020
    • Functional safety project update
    • Autonomous driving update
    • Steering Committee Meeting in parallel with a wrap-up at the end of the day
  • GG final merges
  • Poll of members of who is using which version of AGL to gauge how long we need to support EE, FF, GG, etc.
  • Latest documentation site updates can be found at https://docs-next.iot.bzh/docs/getting_started/en/dev/
    • We will move this over to the public site in the next few weeks as we finish the GG release

January 17, 2019

Attendees: Jan-Simon, Kurokawa-san, Michael, Kusakabe-san, Dominig, Guy

  • CES feedback
    • img_1557.jpg
    • img_8440.jpg
  • Prepare YP 'Thud' uprev, -next branch (qemuarm, qemux86-64, qemuaarch64)
  • GG rc4, FF 6.0.4 (code in gerrit today 1800 UTC)
  • New topics ?
    • None

January 3, 2019

Attendees: Upcoming Meeting Cancelled

December 20, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Michael, Kurokawa, Kusakabe, Lorenzo, Guy, Jan-Simon, Mitsunari

  • SPEC-1689 - Static library usage as a replacement for afb-helper submodules.
  • Latest on window manager and home screen restructuring.
  • FOSDEM - discussed what the plan is for AGL and embedded in general at FOSDEM.

December 11, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Kurokawa, Julie, Tanikawa, Scott, Fulup, Mitsunari

  • Tanikawa presented a slide that shows the current status of the Qt/QML, XDG, Window Manager, Home Screen architecture
  • Discussed current state of Julie's work on SPEC-1920
  • Reviewed past presentations from the Window Manager/ Home Screen BoF from Dresden and Lorient.
  • We agreed that we while we have a lot of information about the flaws in the current implementation and ideas about what and how things need to be fixed we do not have a final architecture diagram or plan for what we want AGL to look like.
    • Mix of synchronous and asynchronous APIs in the implementation that lead to deadlocks
    • No consistent Cplus plus API for interacting with Window Manager
    • Surface management for Web Apps and native apps that require more than 1 surface
    • and more….
  • Agreed that the team in San Francisco will draft an architecture and present it in two days for review.

December 6, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Thierry, Michael, Sebastien, Stephane, Kurokawa, Julie, Jose, Abhijeet, Kusakabe, George, Guy, Dominig, Jacobo

  • WAM integration into gerrit. See resolved Jira issues
    • Reviewed SPEC-1885 - Moving WAM into AGL
      • In-flight in gerrit for FF/ CES Demo. Jacobo agreed to cherry pick to master as soon as Flounder is done so we can include it in GG release even if all testing is not completed on master.
    • Review SPEC-1920 - Refactor libhomescreen and libwindowmanager
      • Will hold special meeting next week once Tanikawa is availalbe . Tuesday @ 17:00 PST. Wed @ 10 am JST
  • George presented pipewire as a future multimedia framework. Presentation can be downloaded here.
    • Dominig brought up non-technical issues that were discussed in this article.
    • Thierry brought up some technical concerns with using pipewire.
  • SMACK usage and not running as root
    • Jose agreed with George's email that there is a regression whereby removal of capabilities in SMACK does not work at this time. Jose to write a ticket in JIRA and fix for GG
    • Not running as root is in Jose's sandbox and is targeted more HH release.
  • API documentation proposals and update on documentation effort
    • Step 1 - Have Jose complete his specification for describing AGL APIs.
    • Step 2 - Get feedback from community to agree on the this description methodology by providing a presentation to each EG and SAT to gather feedback and gain consensus on the specification
    • Step 3 - Write automatic code generator to provide content for web site and marshalling/ un-marshalling of JSON
    • Step 4 - Develop API tests based on the new API description
  • Next meeting
  • Another update from Igalia on libwindowmanger and libhomescreen
  • IoT.bzh application launcher updates

November 22, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Stephane, Tanikawa, Franz, Sebastien, George, Jacobo, Lorenzo, Michael, Dominig, Fulup, Abhijeet,

  • WAM integration into gerrit. See resolved Jira issues
    • Reviewed SPEC-1885 - Moving WAM into AGL
    • Review SPEC-1920 - Refactor libhomescreen and libwindowmanager
  • API documentation proposals and update on documentation effort
    • Step 1 - Have Jose complete his specification for describing AGL APIs.
    • Step 2 - Get feedback from community to agree on the this description methodology by providing a presentation to each EG and SAT to gather feedback and gain consensus on the specification
    • Step 3 - Write automatic code generator to provide content for web site and marshalling/ un-marshalling of JSON
    • Step 4 - Develop API tests based on the new API description
  • Next meeting
    • George to present pipewire as a future multimedia framework
    • Another update from Igalia on libwindowmanger and libhomescreen
    • IoT.bzh application launcher updates

November 8, 2018

Meeting cancelled due to Yokohama F2F meeting

October 28, 2018

Attendees: Upcoming Meeting

October 11, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Franz, Dominig, Kurokawa, Kusakabe, Momiyama, Yamaguchi

  • Email asking for feedback on Speech, Virtualization, and V2C topics
    • Major blocker to the system is seen as graphics area.
    • Need an effort similar to 4a to tackle this problem long term.
    • Will bring up to AB next week. BoF session planned with Tanikawa to try to address. Also will add to Friday agenda.
  • Agenda for F2F meeting next week
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
  • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
  • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
  • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
  • 5/24 - Surface ID management proposal from Tanikawa-san is being updated for Monday's Graphics and UI EG call. Additional discussions on the plan for Window Manager and Homescreen will be discussed in Lorient in two weeks. Need to get ADIT's schedule for updating the ID agent to ensure that it will be available and working in FF.
  • 6/7 - Tanikawa working on high level design for window manager and homescreen to be reviewed at the June 19 F2F SAT meeting in Tokyo. Will also need a plan for staffing and timing to be presented to the AB in Tokyo. Plan from Toyota in SPEC-1467. It looks like splitting App Launcher from Homescreen will happen by late June from Toyota. Rest of their work is planned for September or later, but they will not be working with us as a community.
  • 8/2 - Push to next SAT call
  • 9/13 - Toyota plan for GG features.
    • Toyota planning and software process is still very closed/ opaque. SAT relying on second hand information to determine what is going on.
    • Change Home screen service to use application role instead of name for surface management. Unclear whether the Toyota design is sufficient for our needs.
    • Window Manager - plan to support multiple surfaces and grouping of surfaces for a single application. Requirements are being driven by navigation and map use cases.
    • We have not had a chance to review these proposals with Toyota. No dates for getting this software either.
  • Web app framework - Updates from LG/Igalia?
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report.
    • 6/7 - Stephane will create a summary report of the findings from this weeks meetings including a list of action items to pursue.
    • 8/2 - Stephane reports:
      • Jose pushed example html5 apps and a few fixes
      • meta-agl-lge: Status is that it works with EE, the FF branch is still WIP with master. Sebastien will take over when back.
    • 9/13 - Santa Clara F2F
      • Sebastien has some services working on FF. Will add WebAppManager to main build as a patch release to Flounder and call it a “preview” which main work continues on master/ GG.
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report. Next Japanese local meeting is next week. Will get an update for next SAT meeting.
    • 6/7 - Nothing to report. Need to figure out if this is real by ALS or pursue getting an updated design elsewhere.
    • 8/2 - Nothing new.
    • 9/13 - Tanikawa does not have any more details from Suzuki on their schedule or plans.
  • SPEC-1601 - discussion on Pulse Audio:
    • 4a pulse plugin makes pulse a client to 4a
    • for FF:
      • 4a plugin for PulseAudio now available for FF.
      • Need to do some testing with audio roles for 4a and PA plugin. Navigation will be tested by IoT.bzh team.
  • for GG:
    • AGL core image should not include PulseAudio, only by upper layer request
    • Binary feed should include PulseAudio so it is there if someone wants to use it and can be installed later on.
    • pulse to have minimal config by default, and fragments add configuration bits in separate package
  • Instrument Cluster profile and demo
    • Konsulko taking lead in creating IC demo to replace existing CES IC using latest AGL App FW.
    • Use current ethernet video feed for center display and move to Waltham receiver module later.

New:

  • SPEC-633/SPEC-639 - Make it easy to mount logs using a network file system.
  • SPEC-1754 - Modify Application code for divide homescreen label with windowmanager role
    • Proposed by Mitsunari. Will need to review with Graphics and UI EG. Mistsunari will push sample code to review in gerrit prior to the review by the EG.
  • SPEC-1747 - Add ability to chose image upgrade mechanism at build time (SOTA, dnf , …)
    • Updated the description in the ticket based on discussion and sent an email to Anton to make sure he sees it.
  • Walt to send email to LG about moving WAM repositories to gerrit.

September 27, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Kusakabe, Stephane, Sebastien, Fulup, Kurokawa

  • Discussed Issues with Final FF release
    • Last audio issue in gerrit (16771) being tested. Stephane sees a problem on H3 board with Bluetooth device not ready when 4a asks for it. Seems like a race condition that only appears on H3. Stephane to a temp fix (delay in requesting BT) that write a ticket to analyze the root cause.
    • Need someone to test Minnowboard since Stoyan having an issue with build. Stephane to test after the call.
    • Jan-Simon to merge the patch (16771) so Stoyan can download that build for Minnowboard.
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
    • 5/24 - Surface ID management proposal from Tanikawa-san is being updated for Monday's Graphics and UI EG call. Additional discussions on the plan for Window Manager and Homescreen will be discussed in Lorient in two weeks. Need to get ADIT's schedule for updating the ID agent to ensure that it will be available and working in FF.
    • 6/7 - Tanikawa working on high level design for window manager and homescreen to be reviewed at the June 19 F2F SAT meeting in Tokyo. Will also need a plan for staffing and timing to be presented to the AB in Tokyo. Plan from Toyota in SPEC-1467. It looks like splitting App Launcher from Homescreen will happen by late June from Toyota. Rest of their work is planned for September or later, but they will not be working with us as a community.
    • 8/2 - Push to next SAT call
    • 9/13 - Toyota plan for GG features.
      • Toyota planning and software process is still very closed/ opaque. SAT relying on second hand information to determine what is going on.
      • Change Home screen service to use application role instead of name for surface management. Unclear whether the Toyota design is sufficient for our needs.
      • Window Manager - plan to support multiple surfaces and grouping of surfaces for a single application. Requirements are being driven by navigation and map use cases.
      • We have not had a chance to review these proposals with Toyota. No dates for getting this software either.
  • Web app framework - Updates from LG/Igalia?
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report.
    • 6/7 - Stephane will create a summary report of the findings from this weeks meetings including a list of action items to pursue.
    • 8/2 - Stephane reports:
      • Jose pushed example html5 apps and a few fixes
      • meta-agl-lge: Status is that it works with EE, the FF branch is still WIP with master. Sebastien will take over when back.
    • 9/13 - Santa Clara F2F
      • Sebastien has some services working on FF. Will add WebAppManager to main build as a patch release to Flounder and call it a “preview” which main work continues on master/ GG.
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report. Next Japanese local meeting is next week. Will get an update for next SAT meeting.
    • 6/7 - Nothing to report. Need to figure out if this is real by ALS or pursue getting an updated design elsewhere.
    • 8/2 - Nothing new.
    • 9/13 - Tanikawa does not have any more details from Suzuki on their schedule or plans.
  • SPEC-1601 - discussion on Pulse Audio:
    • 4a pulse plugin makes pulse a client to 4a
    • for FF:
      • 4a plugin for PulseAudio now available for FF.
      • Need to do some testing with audio roles for 4a and PA plugin. Navigation will be tested by IoT.bzh team.
  • for GG:
    • AGL core image should not include PulseAudio, only by upper layer request
    • Binary feed should include PulseAudio so it is there if someone wants to use it and can be installed later on.
    • pulse to have minimal config by default, and fragments add configuration bits in separate package
  • Instrument Cluster profile and demo
    • Konsulko taking lead in creating IC demo to replace existing CES IC using latest AGL App FW.
    • Use current ethernet video feed for center display and move to Waltham receiver module later.

New:

  • SPEC-1754 - Modify Application code for divide homescreen label with windowmanager role
    • Proposed by Mitsunari. Will need to review with Graphics and UI EG. Mistsunari will push sample code to review in gerrit prior to the review by the EG.
  • SPEC-1747 - Add ability to chose image upgrade mechanism at build time (SOTA, dnf , …)
    • Updated the description in the ticket based on discussion and sent an email to Anton to make sure he sees it.
  • Walt to send email to LG about moving WAM repositories to gerrit.

September 13, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Kurokawa, Kusakabe-san, Fulup, Sebastien, Stephane, Scott,

  • Discussed Issues with FF RC6
    • Identified a handful of patches to included in RC7. Jan-Simon will kick off RC7 build so people can start testing on Friday or later today in Santa Clara.
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
    • 5/24 - Surface ID management proposal from Tanikawa-san is being updated for Monday's Graphics and UI EG call. Additional discussions on the plan for Window Manager and Homescreen will be discussed in Lorient in two weeks. Need to get ADIT's schedule for updating the ID agent to ensure that it will be available and working in FF.
    • 6/7 - Tanikawa working on high level design for window manager and homescreen to be reviewed at the June 19 F2F SAT meeting in Tokyo. Will also need a plan for staffing and timing to be presented to the AB in Tokyo. Plan from Toyota in SPEC-1467. It looks like splitting App Launcher from Homescreen will happen by late June from Toyota. Rest of their work is planned for September or later, but they will not be working with us as a community.
    • 8/2 - Push to next SAT call
    • 9/13 - Toyota plan for GG features.
      • Toyota planning and software process is still very closed/ opaque. SAT relying on second hand information to determine what is going on.
      • Change Home screen service to use application role instead of name for surface management. Unclear whether the Toyota design is sufficient for our needs.
      • Window Manager - plan to support multiple surfaces and grouping of surfaces for a single application. Requirements are being driven by navigation and map use cases.
      • We have not had a chance to review these proposals with Toyota. No dates for getting this software either.
  • Web app framework - Updates from LG/Igalia?
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report.
    • 6/7 - Stephane will create a summary report of the findings from this weeks meetings including a list of action items to pursue.
    • 8/2 - Stephane reports:
      • Jose pushed example html5 apps and a few fixes
      • meta-agl-lge: Status is that it works with EE, the FF branch is still WIP with master. Sebastien will take over when back.
    • 9/13 - Santa Clara F2F
      • Sebastien has some services working on FF. Will add WebAppManager to main build as a patch release to Flounder and call it a “preview” which main work continues on master/ GG.
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report. Next Japanese local meeting is next week. Will get an update for next SAT meeting.
    • 6/7 - Nothing to report. Need to figure out if this is real by ALS or pursue getting an updated design elsewhere.
    • 8/2 - Nothing new.
    • 9/13 - Tanikawa does not have any more details from Suzuki on their schedule or plans.
  • SPEC-1601 - discussion on Pulse Audio:
    • 4a pulse plugin makes pulse a client to 4a
    • for FF:
      • 4a plugin for PulseAudio now available for FF.
      • Need to do some testing with audio roles for 4a and PA plugin. Navigation will be tested by IoT.bzh team.
  • for GG:
    • AGL core image should not include PulseAudio, only by upper layer request
    • Binary feed should include PulseAudio so it is there if someone wants to use it and can be installed later on.
    • pulse to have minimal config by default, and fragments add configuration bits in separate package

New:

  • Instrument Cluster profile and demo
    • Konsulko taking lead in creating IC demo to replace existing CES IC using latest AGL App FW.
    • Use current ethernet video feed for center display and move to Waltham receiver module later.

August 30, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Kurokawa, Kusakabe-san, Fulup, George, Sebastien, Yamaguchi, Stephane, Michael, Guy, Mitsunari, Momiyama

  • Discussed Issues with FF RC4
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
    • 5/24 - Surface ID management proposal from Tanikawa-san is being updated for Monday's Graphics and UI EG call. Additional discussions on the plan for Window Manager and Homescreen will be discussed in Lorient in two weeks. Need to get ADIT's schedule for updating the ID agent to ensure that it will be available and working in FF.
    • 6/7 - Tanikawa working on high level design for window manager and homescreen to be reviewed at the June 19 F2F SAT meeting in Tokyo. Will also need a plan for staffing and timing to be presented to the AB in Tokyo. Plan from Toyota in SPEC-1467. It looks like splitting App Launcher from Homescreen will happen by late June from Toyota. Rest of their work is planned for September or later, but they will not be working with us as a community.
    • 8/2 - Push to next SAT call
  • Security Blueprint - SPEC-1454
    • Security Expert Group discussed dropping the old blueprint from the doc site.
  • Web app framework - Updates from LG/Igalia?
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report.
    • 6/7 - Stephane will create a summary report of the findings from this weeks meetings including a list of action items to pursue.
    • 8/2 - Stephane reports:
      • Jose pushed example html5 apps and a few fixes
      • meta-agl-lge: Status is that it works with EE, the FF branch is still WIP with master. Sebastien will take over when back.
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report. Next Japanese local meeting is next week. Will get an update for next SAT meeting.
    • 6/7 - Nothing to report. Need to figure out if this is real by ALS or pursue getting an updated design elsewhere.
    • 8/2 - Nothing new.
  • Dynamic library link usage. See SPEC-1454. Added a comment to it. Assigned to Jose.

New:

  • SPEC-1601 - discussion on pulse:
    • 4a pulse plugin makes pulse a client to 4a
    • for FF:
      • agl-demo be 4a+pulse (pulse active with plugin), option to build w/o pulse
        • additive agl-nopulse feature to aglsetup: removes the pulse DISTRO_FEATURE/BACKFILL
      • we can merge george patches
    • for GG:
      • core should not ship pulse , only by upper layer request
      • pulse to have minimal config by default, and fragments add configuration bits in separate package
      • binary image can install lateron

Aug 2, 2018

Attendees: Jan-Simon, Stephane, Kurokawa, Michael, Ronan, Tanikawa-san, Kusakabe-san, Nick, Fulup, George, Jose, Momiyama-san

  • Discussed Issues with FF RC2
    • Fixing the black display issue requires reverting policy manager change (Jan-Simon will use gerrit 15461) due to bit bake failures. Once the revesion is finished Jan-Simon will merge change from Tanikawa's display fix.
    • Race condition between home screen and launcher. If launcher wins the home screen is useless.
    • Audio - discussed how to make 4a the default audio in aglsetup.sh so that pre-built binaries use 4a and users who do their own builds default to 4a unless they override the selection to use soundmanager or pulse.
    • Schedule - revised FF schedule for RC2, RC3, and final release
    • RC2 finished, release email soon
    • Tanikawa's work:
      • set of changes in gerrit to reduce memory used
      • navigation and poi do not support that mode
      • mixer needs to be checked (Tanikawa-san will push try to sandbox, Loic will check)
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
    • 5/24 - Surface ID management proposal from Tanikawa-san is being updated for Monday's Graphics and UI EG call. Additional discussions on the plan for Window Manager and Homescreen will be discussed in Lorient in two weeks. Need to get ADIT's schedule for updating the ID agent to ensure that it will be available and working in FF.
    • 6/7 - Tanikawa working on high level design for window manager and homescreen to be reviewed at the June 19 F2F SAT meeting in Tokyo. Will also need a plan for staffing and timing to be presented to the AB in Tokyo. Plan from Toyota in SPEC-1467. It looks like splitting App Launcher from Homescreen will happen by late June from Toyota. Rest of their work is planned for September or later, but they will not be working with us as a community.
    • 8/2 - Push to next SAT call
  • Security Blueprint - SPEC-1454
    • Security Expert Group discussed dropping the old blueprint from the doc site.
  • Web app framework - Updates from LG/Igalia?
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report.
    • 6/7 - Stephane will create a summary report of the findings from this weeks meetings including a list of action items to pursue.
    • 8/2 - Stephane reports:
      • Jose pushed example html5 apps and a few fixes
      • meta-agl-lge: Status is that it works with EE, the FF branch is still WIP with master. Sebastien will take over when back.
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report. Next Japanese local meeting is next week. Will get an update for next SAT meeting.
    • 6/7 - Nothing to report. Need to figure out if this is real by ALS or pursue getting an updated design elsewhere.
    • 8/2 - Nothing new.
  • Dynamic library link usage. See SPEC-1454. Added a comment to it. Assigned to Jose.

New:

  • SPEC-1601 - discussion on pulse:
    • 4a pulse plugin makes pulse a client to 4a
    • for FF:
      • agl-demo be 4a+pulse (pulse active with plugin), option to build w/o pulse
        • additive agl-nopulse feature to aglsetup: removes the pulse DISTRO_FEATURE/BACKFILL
      • we can merge george patches
    • for GG:
      • core should not ship pulse , only by upper layer request
      • pulse to have minimal config by default, and fragments add configuration bits in separate package
      • binary image can install lateron

July 19, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Stephane, Kurokawa, Mitsunari, Michael, Sebastien, Tanikawa, Kusakabe

  • Discussed Issues with FF RC2
    • Fixing the black display issue requires reverting policy manager change (Jan-Simon will use gerrit 15461) due to bit bake failures. Once the revesion is finished Jan-Simon will merge change from Tanikawa's display fix.
    • Race condition between home screen and launcher. If launcher wins the home screen is useless.
    • Audio - discussed how to make 4a the default audio in aglsetup.sh so that pre-built binaries use 4a and users who do their own builds default to 4a unless they override the selection to use soundmanager or pulse.
    • Schedule - revised FF schedule for RC2, RC3, and final release
  • Reviewed and edited Funky Flounder release notes
    • Decision taken that 4a will be the default build option for 6.0.0 (and 5.1.0 the next eel release).
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
    • 5/24 - Surface ID management proposal from Tanikawa-san is being updated for Monday's Graphics and UI EG call. Additional discussions on the plan for Window Manager and Homescreen will be discussed in Lorient in two weeks. Need to get ADIT's schedule for updating the ID agent to ensure that it will be available and working in FF.
    • 6/7 - Tanikawa working on high level design for window manager and homescreen to be reviewed at the June 19 F2F SAT meeting in Tokyo. Will also need a plan for staffing and timing to be presented to the AB in Tokyo. Plan from Toyota in SPEC-1467. It looks like splitting App Launcher from Homescreen will happen by late June from Toyota. Rest of their work is planned for September or later, but they will not be working with us as a community.
  • V2C EG
    • Kicks off July 16. Meetings planned every two weeks.
  • Web app framework - Updates from LG/Igalia?
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report.
    • 6/7 - Stephane will create a summary report of the findings from this weeks meetings including a list of action items to pursue.
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report. Next Japanese local meeting is next week. Will get an update for next SAT meeting.
    • 6/7 - Nothing to report. Need to figure out if this is real by ALS or pursue getting an updated design elsewhere.
  • Dynamic library link usage. See SPEC-1454. Added a comment to it. Assigned to Jose.

New:

  • SPEC-1534 - In-tree builds fail with newer versions of app-templates
  • Feedback from ALS Demo

July 5, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Daniel, George, Kurokawa, Guy, Tanikawa, Michele, Momiyama, Yamaguchi, Stephane, Sebastien, Tiejun

  • Reviewed and edited Funky Flounder release notes
    • Decision taken that 4a will be the default build option for 6.0.0 (and 5.1.0 the next eel release).
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
    • 5/24 - Surface ID management proposal from Tanikawa-san is being updated for Monday's Graphics and UI EG call. Additional discussions on the plan for Window Manager and Homescreen will be discussed in Lorient in two weeks. Need to get ADIT's schedule for updating the ID agent to ensure that it will be available and working in FF.
    • 6/7 - Tanikawa working on high level design for window manager and homescreen to be reviewed at the June 19 F2F SAT meeting in Tokyo. Will also need a plan for staffing and timing to be presented to the AB in Tokyo. Plan from Toyota in SPEC-1467. It looks like splitting App Launcher from Homescreen will happen by late June from Toyota. Rest of their work is planned for September or later, but they will not be working with us as a community.
  • V2C EG
    • Kicks off July 16. Meetings planned every two weeks.
  • Web app framework - Updates from LG/Igalia?
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report.
    • 6/7 - Stephane will create a summary report of the findings from this weeks meetings including a list of action items to pursue.
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report. Next Japanese local meeting is next week. Will get an update for next SAT meeting.
    • 6/7 - Nothing to report. Need to figure out if this is real by ALS or pursue getting an updated design elsewhere.
  • Dynamic library link usage. See SPEC-1454. Added a comment to it. Assigned to Jose.

New:

  • SPEC-1534 - In-tree builds fail with newer versions of app-templates
  • Feedback from ALS Demo

June 21, 2018

June 7, 2018

Attendees: Walt

  • Development processes and tool usage
    • Issue - Backlog of merge requests, speed up merging in meta repos. Bottleneck of merges if Jan-Simon goes on vacation.
    • Issue - More active reviews for source code repos
    • Broaden merge access to include more maintainers. Allow maintainers to be nominated by the community to be approved by SAT.
    • Each profile (IVI, telematics, core) would have a set of maintainers
    • Require reviews by changing merge criteria from +2 to an additive function (maybe +4)
    • Explore what other projects do.
    • Jan-Simon - Will follow up with an email to the mail list asking for feedback and review the comments next SAT call. Then put together a more formal documentation of the process.
    • 5/24 - Gatekeepers set up and wiki page created: AGL Gatekeepers Still putting together the expert group reviewers and need to assign them to Git repos.
  • Release Plan for 2018
    • Funky Flounder will switch to rocko. Focus on is on getting the BSP and the images correct for new features to be included in GG for CES and beyond.
      • Beta versions of new features for CES will be permitted so we can start to try them out.
    • Grumpy Guppy will stick with rocko. Focus for GG will be on feature development and maintaining a stable image.
      • Need to manage new and complex feature more closely and ensure that the new features come in by September.
      • SAT will need to raise red flags earlier this year to get feature teams help when the features are critical for CES and falling behind.
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
    • 5/24 - Surface ID management proposal from Tanikawa-san is being updated for Monday's Graphics and UI EG call. Additional discussions on the plan for Window Manager and Homescreen will be discussed in Lorient in two weeks. Need to get ADIT's schedule for updating the ID agent to ensure that it will be available and working in FF.
    • 6/7 - Tanikawa working on high level design for window manager and homescreen to be reviewed at the June 19 F2F SAT meeting in Tokyo. Will also need a plan for staffing and timing to be presented to the AB in Tokyo. Plan from Toyota in SPEC-1467. It looks like splitting App Launcher from Homescreen will happen by late June from Toyota. Rest of their work is planned for September or later, but they will not be working with us as a community.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 3/29 - Kicked off at AMM. Waiting for regular meeting schedule.
    • 5/23 - No update. Have not seen any follow up meetings scheduled. Will get in touch with Ashley to see if this is something he will continue to lead.
    • 6/7/ - Email sent to Ashley and Lasse at ForgeRock. Waiting on reply.
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
    • 2/7 - Merging rocko onto master this week, then Jan-Simon will get the layer stuff onto master.
    • 4/26 - Sub-tasks continuing
    • 5/24 - Part 3 in gerrit. Issues being looked at.
    • 6/7 - Part 3 has been merged! Current HTML5 demo is broken. Need to consider how to build this up in a manner that does not use Qt. Now we need a demo of a telematics unit!
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa looking at resolving for FF.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report
    • 6/7 - Nothing to report
  • Web app framework - Updates from LG/Igalia?
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report.
    • 6/7 - Stephane will create a summary report of the findings from this weeks meetings including a list of action items to pursue.
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report. Next Japanese local meeting is next week. Will get an update for next SAT meeting.
    • 6/7 - Nothing to report. Need to figure out if this is real by ALS or pursue getting an updated design elsewhere.

New:

  • Dynamic library link usage. See SPEC-1454. Added a comment to it. Assigned to Jose.

May 24, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Sebastien, Kurokawa, Stephane, Kusakabe, Dominig

  • Kick-off review of development processes and tool usage
    • Issue - Backlog of merge requests, speed up merging in meta repos. Bottleneck of merges if Jan-Simon goes on vacation.
    • Issue - More active reviews for source code repos
    • Broaden merge access to include more maintainers. Allow maintainers to be nominated by the community to be approved by SAT.
    • Each profile (IVI, telematics, core) would have a set of maintainers
    • Require reviews by changing merge criteria from +2 to an additive function (maybe +4)
    • Explore what other projects do.
    • Jan-Simon - Will follow up with an email to the mail list asking for feedback and review the comments next SAT call. Then put together a more formal documentation of the process.
    • 4/26 - Proposal as reviewed in Karlsruhe is being implemented.
    • 5/24 - Gatekeepers set up and wiki page created: AGL Gatekeepers Still putting together the expert group reviewers and need to assign them to Git repos.
  • Release Plan for 2018
    • Funky Flounder will switch to rocko. Focus on is on getting the BSP and the images correct for new features to be included in GG for CES and beyond.
      • Beta versions of new features for CES will be permitted so we can start to try them out.
    • Grumpy Guppy will stick with rocko. Focus for GG will be on feature development and maintaining a stable image.
      • Need to manage new and complex feature more closely and ensure that the new features come in by September.
      • SAT will need to raise red flags earlier this year to get feature teams help when the features are critical for CES and falling behind.
  • SPEC-859 - Include and Ship libraries that applications need that are not part of the core platform.
    • 9/14 - See comment in Jira that summarizes the discussion and action items.
    • 9/28 - Assigned action item to Romain (SPEC-883 and SPEC-884)
    • 10/12 - Action item 1 completed in SPEC 859. Need to create a subtask for AI 2. Probably defer action on it until after EE.
    • 11/9 - Action item 2 needs to be started
    • 4/26 - Action item 2 will be completed with the next (final) step in the layer/ profile restructuring in the next week.
    • 5/24 - Action item 2 on going.
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
    • 5/24 - Surface ID management proposal from Tanikawa-san is being updated for Monday's Graphics and UI EG call. Additional discussions on the plan for Window Manager and Homescreen will be discussed in Lorient in two weeks. Need to get ADIT's schedule for updating the ID agent to ensure that it will be available and working in FF.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 3/29 - Kicked off at AMM. Waiting for regular meeting schedule.
    • 5/23 - No update. Have not seen any follow up meetings scheduled. Will get in touch with Ashley to see if this is something he will continue to lead.
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
    • 2/7 - Merging rocko onto master this week, then Jan-Simon will get the layer stuff onto master.
    • 4/26 - Sub-tasks continuing
    • 5/24 - Part 3 in gerrit. Issues being looked at.
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa looking at resolving for FF.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report
  • Web app framework - Updates from LG/Igalia?
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report.
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.
    • 5/24 - Nothing to report. Next Japanese local meeting is next week. Will get an update for next SAT meeting.

New:

  • New board support for 2018.
    • Renesas H3 ULCB - board availability? Does the Renesas BSP automatically support both M3 and H3? BSP update with Spectre and Meltdown targeted for FF RC3.
    • Intel Aeon Up-Square or Up-Core. See https://up-shop.org/4-up-boards Probably will use the Up-Square Celeron 2GB or 4 GB.

May 10, 2018

Attendees: Upcoming Meeting

Review outcome from Karlsruhe F2F meeting.

  • Kick-off review of development processes and tool usage
    • Issue - Backlog of merge requests, speed up merging in meta repos. Bottleneck of merges if Jan-Simon goes on vacation.
    • Issue - More active reviews for source code repos
    • Broaden merge access to include more maintainers. Allow maintainers to be nominated by the community to be approved by SAT.
    • Each profile (IVI, telematics, core) would have a set of maintainers
    • Require reviews by changing merge criteria from +2 to an additive function (maybe +4)
    • Explore what other projects do.
    • Jan-Simon - Will follow up with an email to the mail list asking for feedback and review the comments next SAT call. Then put together a more formal documentation of the process.
    • 4/26 - Proposal as reviewed in Karlsruhe is being implemented.
  • Release Plan for 2018
    • Funky Flounder will switch to rocko. Focus on is on getting the BSP and the images correct for new features to be included in GG for CES and beyond.
      • Beta versions of new features for CES will be permitted so we can start to try them out.
    • Grumpy Guppy will stick with rocko. Focus for GG will be on feature development and maintaining a stable image.
      • Need to manage new and complex feature more closely and ensure that the new features come in by September.
      • SAT will need to raise red flags earlier this year to get feature teams help when the features are critical for CES and falling behind.
  • SPEC-859 - Include and Ship libraries that applications need that are not part of the core platform.
    • 9/14 - See comment in Jira that summarizes the discussion and action items.
    • 9/28 - Assigned action item to Romain (SPEC-883 and SPEC-884)
    • 10/12 - Action item 1 completed in SPEC 859. Need to create a subtask for AI 2. Probably defer action on it until after EE.
    • 11/9 - Action item 2 needs to be started
    • 4/26 - Action item 2 will be completed with the next (final) step in the layer/ profile restructuring in the next week.
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 3/29 - Kicked off at AMM. Waiting for regular meeting schedule.
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
    • 2/7 - Merging rocko onto master this week, then Jan-Simon will get the layer stuff onto master.
    • 4/26 - Sub-tasks continuing
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa looking at resolving for FF.

New

  • Updates from LG/Igalia?
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.

New:

April 26, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Kurokawa, Kusakabe, Tanikawa, Dominig, Steve L., Sebastien

Review outcome from Karlsruhe F2F meeting.

  • Kick-off review of development processes and tool usage
    • Issue - Backlog of merge requests, speed up merging in meta repos. Bottleneck of merges if Jan-Simon goes on vacation.
    • Issue - More active reviews for source code repos
    • Broaden merge access to include more maintainers. Allow maintainers to be nominated by the community to be approved by SAT.
    • Each profile (IVI, telematics, core) would have a set of maintainers
    • Require reviews by changing merge criteria from +2 to an additive function (maybe +4)
    • Explore what other projects do.
    • Jan-Simon - Will follow up with an email to the mail list asking for feedback and review the comments next SAT call. Then put together a more formal documentation of the process.
    • 4/26 - Proposal as reviewed in Karlsruhe is being implemented.
  • Release Plan for 2018
    • Funky Flounder will switch to rocko. Focus on is on getting the BSP and the images correct for new features to be included in GG for CES and beyond.
      • Beta versions of new features for CES will be permitted so we can start to try them out.
    • Grumpy Guppy will stick with rocko. Focus for GG will be on feature development and maintaining a stable image.
      • Need to manage new and complex feature more closely and ensure that the new features come in by September.
      • SAT will need to raise red flags earlier this year to get feature teams help when the features are critical for CES and falling behind.
  • SPEC-859 - Include and Ship libraries that applications need that are not part of the core platform.
    • 9/14 - See comment in Jira that summarizes the discussion and action items.
    • 9/28 - Assigned action item to Romain (SPEC-883 and SPEC-884)
    • 10/12 - Action item 1 completed in SPEC 859. Need to create a subtask for AI 2. Probably defer action on it until after EE.
    • 11/9 - Action item 2 needs to be started
    • 4/26 - Action item 2 will be completed with the next (final) step in the layer/ profile restructuring in the next week.
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa spoke to Hoshina-san about Toyota schedule for 2018 and CES demo. Need to get something in writing from Toyota on their schedule of features for this year.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 3/29 - Kicked off at AMM. Waiting for regular meeting schedule.
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
    • 2/7 - Merging rocko onto master this week, then Jan-Simon will get the layer stuff onto master.
    • 4/26 - Sub-tasks continuing
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?
    • 4/26 - Tanikawa looking at resolving for FF.
  • Review status of Speech EG kick off meetings. BoF session planned for AMM next week.
  • Review status RHSA EG. Walt has an updated presentation from Goto-san and will share it with Goto-san's approval.
    • Checking on updates for Karlsruhe F2F and whether Goto-san will attend in person.

New

  • Updates from LG/Igalia?
  • Possibility that Suzuki could contribute new design for CES 2019. Tanikawa says they had proposal that was shown at local Japan meeting this week.

April 12, 2018

See notes from Karlsruhe F2F meeting.

March 29 2018

Attendees: Walt, Tanikawa, Kurokawa, Stephane, Fulup, Sebastien

  • Kick-off review of development processes and tool usage
    • Issue - Backlog of merge requests, speed up merging in meta repos. Bottleneck of merges if Jan-Simon goes on vacation.
    • Issue - More active reviews for source code repos
    • Broaden merge access to include more maintainers. Allow maintainers to be nominated by the community to be approved by SAT.
    • Each profile (IVI, telematics, core) would have a set of maintainers
    • Require reviews by changing merge criteria from +2 to an additive function (maybe +4)
    • Explore what other projects do.
    • Jan-Simon - Will follow up with an email to the mail list asking for feedback and review the comments next SAT call. Then put together a more formal documentation of the process.
    • 2/15 - Discussed J
  • Release Plan for 2018
    • Funky Flounder will switch to rocko. Focus on is on getting the BSP and the images correct for new features to be included in GG for CES and beyond.
      • Beta versions of new features for CES will be permitted so we can start to try them out.
    • Grumpy Guppy will stick with rocko. Focus for GG will be on feature development and maintaining a stable image.
      • Need to manage new and complex feature more closely and ensure that the new features come in by September.
      • SAT will need to raise red flags earlier this year to get feature teams help when the features are critical for CES and falling behind.
  • SPEC-859 - Include and Ship libraries that applications need that are not part of the core platform.
    • 9/14 - See comment in Jira that summarizes the discussion and action items.
    • 9/28 - Assigned action item to Romain (SPEC-883 and SPEC-884)
    • 10/12 - Action item 1 completed in SPEC 859. Need to create a subtask for AI 2. Probably defer action on it until after EE.
    • 11/9 - Action item 2 needs to be started
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
    • 3/29 - Tanikawa meeting with Toyota next week about their proposal. Tanikawa will present the Toyota plan at the F2F in Karlsruhe since Toyota cannot attend.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 3/29 - Kicked off at AMM. Waiting for regular meeting schedule.
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
    • 2/7 - Merging rocko onto master this week, then Jan-Simon will get the layer stuff onto master.
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?
  • Review status of Speech EG kick off meetings. BoF session planned for AMM next week.
  • Review status RHSA EG. Walt has an updated presentation from Goto-san and will share it with Goto-san's approval.
    • Checking on updates for Karlsruhe F2F and whether Goto-san will attend in person.

New

March 15, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Michael, Kurokawa, Stephane, Sebastien, Fulup

  • Kick-off review of development processes and tool usage
    • Issue - Backlog of merge requests, speed up merging in meta repos. Bottleneck of merges if Jan-Simon goes on vacation.
    • Issue - More active reviews for source code repos
    • Broaden merge access to include more maintainers. Allow maintainers to be nominated by the community to be approved by SAT.
    • Each profile (IVI, telematics, core) would have a set of maintainers
    • Require reviews by changing merge criteria from +2 to an additive function (maybe +4)
    • Explore what other projects do.
    • Jan-Simon - Will follow up with an email to the mail list asking for feedback and review the comments next SAT call. Then put together a more formal documentation of the process.
    • 2/15 - Discussed J
  • Release Plan for 2018
    • Funky Flounder will switch to rocko. Focus on is on getting the BSP and the images correct for new features to be included in GG for CES and beyond.
      • Beta versions of new features for CES will be permitted so we can start to try them out.
    • Grumpy Guppy will stick with rocko. Focus for GG will be on feature development and maintaining a stable image.
      • Need to manage new and complex feature more closely and ensure that the new features come in by September.
      • SAT will need to raise red flags earlier this year to get feature teams help when the features are critical for CES and falling behind.
  • SPEC-859 - Include and Ship libraries that applications need that are not part of the core platform.
    • 9/14 - See comment in Jira that summarizes the discussion and action items.
    • 9/28 - Assigned action item to Romain (SPEC-883 and SPEC-884)
    • 10/12 - Action item 1 completed in SPEC 859. Need to create a subtask for AI 2. Probably defer action on it until after EE.
    • 11/9 - Action item 2 needs to be started
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 9/28 - No update
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
    • 2/7 - Merging rocko onto master this week, then Jan-Simon will get the layer stuff onto master.
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?
  • Review status of Speech EG kick off meetings. BoF session planned for AMM next week.
  • Review status RHSA EG. Walt has an updated presentation from Goto-san and will share it with Goto-san's approval.

New

March 1, 2018

Attendees: Upcoming Meeting

  • Kick-off review of development processes and tool usage
    • Issue - Backlog of merge requests, speed up merging in meta repos. Bottleneck of merges if Jan-Simon goes on vacation.
    • Issue - More active reviews for source code repos
    • Broaden merge access to include more maintainers. Allow maintainers to be nominated by the community to be approved by SAT.
    • Each profile (IVI, telematics, core) would have a set of maintainers
    • Require reviews by changing merge criteria from +2 to an additive function (maybe +4)
    • Explore what other projects do.
    • Jan-Simon - Will follow up with an email to the mail list asking for feedback and review the comments next SAT call. Then put together a more formal documentation of the process.
    • 2/15 - Discussed J
  • Release Plan for 2018
    • Funky Flounder will switch to rocko. Focus on is on getting the BSP and the images correct for new features to be included in GG for CES and beyond.
      • Beta versions of new features for CES will be permitted so we can start to try them out.
    • Grumpy Guppy will stick with rocko. Focus for GG will be on feature development and maintaining a stable image.
      • Need to manage new and complex feature more closely and ensure that the new features come in by September.
      • SAT will need to raise red flags earlier this year to get feature teams help when the features are critical for CES and falling behind.
  • SPEC-859 - Include and Ship libraries that applications need that are not part of the core platform.
    • 9/14 - See comment in Jira that summarizes the discussion and action items.
    • 9/28 - Assigned action item to Romain (SPEC-883 and SPEC-884)
    • 10/12 - Action item 1 completed in SPEC 859. Need to create a subtask for AI 2. Probably defer action on it until after EE.
    • 11/9 - Action item 2 needs to be started
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 9/28 - No update
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
    • 2/7 - Merging rocko onto master this week, then Jan-Simon will get the layer stuff onto master.
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?
  • Review status of Speech EG kick off meetings. BoF session planned for AMM next week.
  • Review status RHSA EG. Walt has an updated presentation from Goto-san and will share it with Goto-san's approval.

New

February 15 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Sebastien, Dominig, Stephane, Fulup (2 computers - 1 for audio and 1 for video).

  • Kick-off review of development processes and tool usage
    • Issue - Backlog of merge requests, speed up merging in meta repos. Bottleneck of merges if Jan-Simon goes on vacation.
    • Issue - More active reviews for source code repos
    • Broaden merge access to include more maintainers. Allow maintainers to be nominated by the community to be approved by SAT.
    • Each profile (IVI, telematics, core) would have a set of maintainers
    • Require reviews by changing merge criteria from +2 to an additive function (maybe +4)
    • Explore what other projects do.
    • Jan-Simon - Will follow up with an email to the mail list asking for feedback and review the comments next SAT call. Then put together a more formal documentation of the process.
    • 2/15 - Discussed Jan-Simon's email. Will hold a separate meeting to discuss changes to process.
  • Release Plan for 2018
    • Funky Flounder will switch to rocko. Focus on is on getting the BSP and the images correct for new features to be included in GG for CES and beyond.
      • Beta versions of new features for CES will be permitted so we can start to try them out.
    • Grumpy Guppy will stick with rocko. Focus for GG will be on feature development and maintaining a stable image.
      • Need to manage new and complex feature more closely and ensure that the new features come in by September.
      • SAT will need to raise red flags earlier this year to get feature teams help when the features are critical for CES and falling behind.
  • SPEC-859 - Include and Ship libraries that applications need that are not part of the core platform.
    • 9/14 - See comment in Jira that summarizes the discussion and action items.
    • 9/28 - Assigned action item to Romain (SPEC-883 and SPEC-884)
    • 10/12 - Action item 1 completed in SPEC 859. Need to create a subtask for AI 2. Probably defer action on it until after EE.
    • 11/9 - Action item 2 needs to be started
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 9/28 - No update
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
    • 2/7 - Merging rocko onto master this week, then Jan-Simon will get the layer stuff onto master.
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?

New Business:

  • Reviewed status of Speech EG kick off meetings. BoF session planned for AMM next week.
  • Reviewed status RHSA EG. Walt has an updated presentation from Goto-san and will share it with Goto-san's approval.

February 7, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Oshri, Michael, Christian, Kusakabe

  • Kick-off review of development processes and tool usage
    • Issue - Backlog of merge requests, speed up merging in meta repos. Bottleneck of merges if Jan-Simon goes on vacation.
    • Issue - More active reviews for source code repos
    • Broaden merge access to include more maintainers. Allow maintainers to be nominated by the community to be approved by SAT.
    • Each profile (IVI, telematics, core) would have a set of maintainers
    • Require reviews by changing merge criteria from +2 to an additive function (maybe +4)
    • Explore what other projects do.
    • Jan-Simon - Will follow up with an email to the mail list asking for feedback and review the comments next SAT call. Then put together a more formal documentation of the process.
  • Release Plan for 2018
    • Funky Flounder will switch to rocko. Focus on is on getting the BSP and the images correct for new features to be included in GG for CES and beyond.
      • Beta versions of new features for CES will be permitted so we can start to try them out.
    • Grumpy Guppy will stick with rocko. Focus for GG will be on feature development and maintaining a stable image.
      • Need to manage new and complex feature more closely and ensure that the new features come in by September.
      • SAT will need to raise red flags earlier this year to get feature teams help when the features are critical for CES and falling behind.
  • SPEC-859 - Include and Ship libraries that applications need that are not part of the core platform.
    • 9/14 - See comment in Jira that summarizes the discussion and action items.
    • 9/28 - Assigned action item to Romain (SPEC-883 and SPEC-884)
    • 10/12 - Action item 1 completed in SPEC 859. Need to create a subtask for AI 2. Probably defer action on it until after EE.
    • 11/9 - Action item 2 needs to be started
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Plan for 2018
    • Need additional SAT oversight and open up of the work.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 9/28 - No update
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
    • 2/7 - Merging rocko onto master this week, then Jan-Simon will get the layer stuff onto master.
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?

January 18, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Dominig, Stephane, Kurokawa, Evgeny, Michael, Michele. Sebastien

  • SPEC-859 - Include and Ship libraries that applications need that are not part of the core platform.
    • 9/14 - See comment in Jira that summarizes the discussion and action items.
    • 9/28 - Assigned action item to Romain (SPEC-883 and SPEC-884)
    • 10/12 - Action item 1 completed in SPEC 859. Need to create a subtask for AI 2. Probably defer action on it until after EE.
    • 11/9 - Action item 2 needs to be started
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Rework
    • 9/14 - First working version of the window manager based on Toyota requirements will be available tomorrow. Mentor team is switching from European team to a team in Japan starting tomorrow.
    • 9/28 - Mentor currently debugging the code. Should be ready tomorrow. Will push source code to staging and recipe to meta-agl-devel so IoT.bzh can start to rebuild as well.
    • 10/12 - RC2 drop on 27 Oct. Need to get the code building for RC1. There are instabilities reported by Toyota/ Mentor that need to be addressed, plus new features. Will work to get more transparency into the development process.
    • 11/9 - Latest in RC2. Homescreen and Window Manager work, but the HS may not launch automatically. Tanikawa using QEMU and it sometimes launches and most times does not.
    • 11/23 - Discuss XDG, Window Manager, Homescreen, Chromium topic.
    • 12/7 - Tanikawa working on XDG proxy for next week in Yokohama.
    • 12/21 - Tanikawa has the XDG proxy running. Will implement last required feature for tomorrow. IoT.bzh will test.
      • Other issues: If an application crashes, the entire system needs to be rebooted. Root cause known and in progress (Mitsunari-san).
      • Boot time slow due to interaction with IC. Root cause may be known and is being worked on by Toyota.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 9/28 - No update
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
  • Roadmap for EE and 2018
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?

January 4, 2018

Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Frederic, Michele, Stephane

  • SPEC-859 - Include and Ship libraries that applications need that are not part of the core platform.
    • 9/14 - See comment in Jira that summarizes the discussion and action items.
    • 9/28 - Assigned action item to Romain (SPEC-883 and SPEC-884)
    • 10/12 - Action item 1 completed in SPEC 859. Need to create a subtask for AI 2. Probably defer action on it until after EE.
    • 11/9 - Action item 2 needs to be started
  • Window Manager and Homescreen Rework
    • 9/14 - First working version of the window manager based on Toyota requirements will be available tomorrow. Mentor team is switching from European team to a team in Japan starting tomorrow.
    • 9/28 - Mentor currently debugging the code. Should be ready tomorrow. Will push source code to staging and recipe to meta-agl-devel so IoT.bzh can start to rebuild as well.
    • 10/12 - RC2 drop on 27 Oct. Need to get the code building for RC1. There are instabilities reported by Toyota/ Mentor that need to be addressed, plus new features. Will work to get more transparency into the development process.
    • 11/9 - Latest in RC2. Homescreen and Window Manager work, but the HS may not launch automatically. Tanikawa using QEMU and it sometimes launches and most times does not.
    • 11/23 - Discuss XDG, Window Manager, Homescreen, Chromium topic.
    • 12/7 - Tanikawa working on XDG proxy for next week in Yokohama.
    • 12/21 - Tanikawa has the XDG proxy running. Will implement last required feature for tomorrow. IoT.bzh will test.
      • Other issues: If an application crashes, the entire system needs to be rebooted. Root cause known and in progress (Mitsunari-san).
      • Boot time slow due to interaction with IC. Root cause may be known and is being worked on by Toyota.
  • V2C EG
    • Received a proposal from Ashley for V2C EG
    • Panasonic may participate in the EG. Tanikawa will check internally.
    • 9/28 - No update
  • SPEC-145 - Yocto Layer restructuring/ headless device profile
    • Need to complete SPEC-219 - Requirements for Telematics Device Profile
    • Jan-Simon reviewed output from Vannes F2F meeting last week concerning device profiles and Yocto layer restructuring. We will have a follow up in two weeks during the SAT call. Assuming we agree to a plan in San Jose or within a week or afterwards, we will implement the changes after the update to the YP pyro branch on master.
    • 12/7 - Alex Bidnichenko (EPAM) submitted 12303 to create a telematics profile. Still being reviewed.
    • 12/21 - Jan-Simon also started working on device profiles for FF. Should get something pushed early in the new year.
  • Roadmap for EE and 2018
  • SPEC-1118 / SPEC-1036 - What to do about obsolete repos?
  • Roadmap/ Workplan for 2018
    • Do we move some APIs from meta-agl-demo into meta-agl or meta-agl-extra?
    • Revisit the development process and gerrit usage to make improvements based on lessons learned and expanded developer base.
    • Review the scope of PulseAudio to minimize its usage to what is absolutely necessary. (SPEC-1220)
    • Review Reference Hardware System Architecture document and consider its implications for the software architecture.
    • Move RHSA to doc site.
    • Document the documentation workflow and documentation versioning
    • Propose a replacement for ask.automotivelinux.org. Probably stack overflow
    • Add additional simplified SOTA mechanism (A/B via rauc)
    • Add video support to mediaplayer binding
  • From App FW and Security EG
  • HTML5 apps/ home screen
    • Chromium
  • Security workflow. Now that we have the building blocks in place, turn on security and put in place a mechanism for developers to sign applications, load them.
  • Define the list of privileges we are going to enforce in the security model.
  • Running apps not as root/ multi-user
  • Distinction between platform services (e.g., nfc, telephone) and user services that run inside a user context (e.g., media player and lightmedia scanner)
  • Changes necessary at binder level for V2C
  • Application signing and installation mechanism
  • Secure applications running on a remote device such as mobile phone or tablet that are rendered on the IVI system.
  • Improved Developer workflow for debugging apps including
    • Round trip download/debug/fix/download apps.
    • Supervision daemon for apps and services for development mode. Allows a developers to have a central place monitor IPC in real time. Builds on the current monitor service that is available for binders. Extends its availability to startup and allows more general monitoring without requiring detailed knowledge of what is available in a specific binder. Current version only allows a single binder to be monitored. This would allow monitoring across binders.
  • Task manager app to allow developers to see what tasks/process are running in an app. Allow for killing apps.
    • Review AGL spec 1.0 to determine what requirements are there for managing home screen and apps. Something like iphone where a double-tap on home button allows swiping up of apps to kill them.
  • Introduce resource widgets to share content/ resources across multiple apps.
  • From Graphics EG
    • Finish Window Manager and Homescreen work
      • Pop-up support
      • Focus management for out of focus apps
      • Improved secondary display suport
    • Waltham protocol for internode display
    • Investigate replacement for Qt (e.g.. GTK+)
    • High Level audio API
    • AGL Advanced Audio Agent (AAAA)
    • Speech and Text to Speech Services
  • From Connectivity EG
    • Vehicle Signaling
    • Bluetooth improvements
      • Bluetooth binding rewrite for stabililty and robustness
      • PBAP/Contacts binding
      • BT PAN binding
      • BLE binding
    • WiFi improvements
      • WiFi binding rewrite for stability and robustness
      • AP mode
      • Additional Wifi dongle support
    • WWAN binding
      • Support current QMI modems via either modemmanager or ofono
    • Telephony app improvements
      • Show missed call, last outgoing, last incoming call log info
      • Contacts integrated into dialing, caller ID, and call log info
    • NFC binder and NFC for user identification
    • Hardwired connection to telephone for Telematics use cases
    • Network management binding
      • General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including IPv4/v6 configuration, bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching
      • User profiles to allow authorized users to configure interfacing
      • Support multiple low-level interface binding backends including Ethernet, WiFi, BT PAN, and WWAN
    • For 2018 - evaluate usage of connman versus network manager/modem manager for long-term especially for 4G and complex use cases.
    • Port Comtech's OSS nav app to demo HMI
  • From V2X EG
    • Kickoff EG
  • From Virtualization EG
    • AGL virtualization architecture definition
    • EG Virtualization white paper
    • Extension of the virtualization-related yocto layers to support the defined architecture
  • From CIAT EG
    • Lab in a box
      • Board management
      • Board on developer's desk
    • Improved publishing of test results
    • Additional tests
      • Applications
      • Platform
      • BSPs
    • Fuego integration

Meeting Archive (pre-2018)

Minutes for meetings prior to 2014 - 2017 have been moved here.

agl-sat-meetings.txt · Last modified: 2019/06/25 13:00 by waltminer