User Tools

Site Tools


Face to Face Technical Meeting in Dresden, Germany

A Face to Face workshop will be held on the final day of the AGL All Member Meeting 20 October 2017. The primary focus of this face to face meeting of the System Architecture Team and Expert Groups. Location: Hilton Dresden, Salon St. Petersburg


  • Walt Miner - The Linux Foundation
  • Jan-Simon Möller - The Linux Foundation
  • Scott Murray - Konsulko Group
  • Matt Porter - Konsulko Group
  • Fulup Ar Foll
  • Jose Bollo
  • Steve Lemke LGE
  • Aleks Starostin LGE
  • Michele Paolino - Virtual Open Systems
  • Dominig ar Foll - Intel Open Source
  • Harunobu Kurokawa - Renesas
  • Hisao Munakata - Renesas
  • Maxim Salnikov - ForgeRock
  • Toshikazu Oiwa - Toyota
  • Takashi Tsubone - Panasonic
  • Tadao Tanikawa - Panasonic
  • Takuo Koguchi - Hitachi
  • Toni Hoang - Daimler AG
  • Marcel Büsing - Daimler AG
  • Takashi Matsuzawa - Xevo K.K.
  • Michael Fabry - Microchip
  • Soya Saito - Microchip


Thursday Oct 19

Note: There will be a separate meeting about the high level audio API on Thursday at 9:00 am in Salan Mainz Frankfurt
api_comparison_a04.xlsx is a comparison of AAAA high level API and SoundManager API.
In this file,
“C” column: ADIT's understanding for AAAA.
“F” column: suggestion based on “C” column for High level API interface, or it is comment for Soundmanager API.
As a result of the discussion, I updated comparison table as api_comparison_a05.xlsx.

Friday Oct 20 (all times CET)

09:00 - 09:15 Introductions and Agenda Review

9:15 - 10:00 Virtualization

  • Michele Paolino showed the proposed white paper TOC from his AMM presentation.
  • White paper timing for CES is not possible given people's schedules. Feb AMM release will be targeted.
  • Suggested including a discussion of the classes of virtualization available then moving on to a specific topic for the paper. Functional safety was discussed as a possibility as was Autosar as a guest VM in parallel with AGL.
  • Walt will send an email to the discussions mail list to recruit team members to write the content of the paper.

10:00 - 11:30 Window Manager and Home Screen Updates (Mentor/Toyota)

  • Toyota and Witz were in attendance. Mentor did not attend.
  • Despite current issues with Window Manager stability the entire group present agreed to push through to get the Window Manager and Home Screen ready for EE and CES.
  • Toyota and Witz agreed to work in an open manner to facilitate others collaborating with them to get the functionality stabilized in time.
  • Oiwa-san and Mitsunari-san showed part of their presentation from AMM so we could prioritize the features that need to be stabilized for EE. Team agreed focus on “Policy A - 1 app / 1 screen” for EE.
  • Witz will continue to work on “Policy B - 2 apps/ 1 screen” for a Toyota/Witz demo at CES or later.
  • will publish a kick-start guide for migrating an app to the new Window Manager using the current HVAC app as an example. This kick-start guide will be ready prior to the Yokohama Workshop on Nov 14.

11:30 - 12:15 Audio Architecture

Between the meeting on Thursday morning to discuss the High Level (app level) API and the meeting on Friday a lot of progress was made.

  • We will continue with the High Level API proposed by Audiokinetic. highlevelaudio_dresdenamm_final.pdf Francois stated that he has taken nearly as far as he can at this time. The Thursday meeting spent a lot of time detailing the need for the API as proposed and working through some use cases.
  • In order to migrate legacy apps to AAAA and the new API, Fulup agreed to have make the code available in the Yocto/CI build rather than building the code via the SDK. The SDK version allowed to progress the concept to this point, but we need to make the API available generally.
  • Once the code has been added to the build, Konsulko will look at what is required to port the legacy reference apps the new API before the CES Integration Session in mid-November.

12:15 - 13:30 Lunch

13:30 - 14:30 CES 2018 Plans

  • Discussed Kingfisher availability before the Nov integration session. Renesas said that ShimaFuji has 100 boards in production so we should start seeing them available in quantity by the end of Oct.
  • AB approved building 3 - 4 demo sets so we need to make sure we order enough hardware.
  • Proposals for CES demos are due by Oct 30.

14:30 - 15:30 Security Topics

  • Oshri Yahav of made a proposal about security. saferide_open_source_project.pdf
  • Discussed the process for security issues in AGL code
    • Walt will clean out the existing EG-Security mail list so we can make use of this as a private discussion mechanism.
    • Create a new Jira project for security issues visible to members of the EG.
    • Create a process for accepting applications to and vetting access to the mail list and Jira.
    • Review at next EG meeting

15:30 - 16:30 Other System Architecture Topics

(Future two horsepower AGL demo platform?)

agl-distro/oct2017-f2f.txt · Last modified: 2017/11/08 04:47 by nnishiguchi