User Tools

Site Tools


dev-call-info

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
dev-call-info [2019/11/05 16:04]
waltminer
dev-call-info [2019/11/19 14:45] (current)
waltminer
Line 18: Line 18:
  
 === Meeting notes for November 19, 2019 === === Meeting notes for November 19, 2019 ===
-Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting//+Attendees: ​Walt, Jan-Simon, Edi 
 + 
 +   * Happy Halibut - 8.0.3 pre-release sent out.  
 +        * 10/15 
 +          * Edi - no regressions on nHH 8.0.2. On master RPI audio is gone again. A lot of errors in the PipeWire journal. Will upload the log to SPEC-2666. Bluetooth audio is fine on halibut. On master it is flaky with H3/KF. Could be due to the KF onboard BT because there are hardware limitations. ​ M3 is is fine with external BT. George is aware of regressions on master. Has not tested with the internal BT on KF.  
 +        * 11/
 +          * Edi - No HDMI audio for RPI4 on halibut, but master is ok. Jack does not work for either branch. 
 +          * Nothing else to report. 
 +          * Li - Nothing special to report.  
 + 
 +        * 11/19 
 +          * Edi ran tests on 8.03 pre-release. No audio on RPI. Waiting for master to work (SPEC-2666),​ then back porting to Halibut. George still seeing regressions on master. Does not expect fixes to be ready until next week, so it would be too late for 8.0.3.  
 +          * Non-RPI Bluetooth audio works ok, Phone calls sometimes have one way audio. Edi to add phone call test cases to test suite.  
 +.  
 +     * Bluetooth audio 
 +       * 9/17 - George said "yes, yes, definitely"​ for a fix for 8.0.2 
 +       * 9/24 - George said "yes, yes. that is still the plan"​ 
 +       * 10/1 - George said "yeah, yeah, yeah. The plan is to merge Thursday or Friday."​ 
 +       * 10/8 - BT audio made it onto halibut. One thing to note is that master is tracking PipeWire master and halibut is tracking the PipeWire halibut branch so there are differences between the two. George was not satisfied with PW master so he did not back port to halibut yet.  
 +       * Hearing some one-way audio with BT. Sometimes it works fine.  
 +       * Expects to back port PipeWire master to halibut before 8.0.3 with fixes for RPI and BT.  
 +       * 11/5 - some WirePlumber fixes need to be ported to AGL. Most came from the PipeWire hackfest over the weekend in Lyon. Expecting to ship WirePlumber on the March Fedora release. No changes to BT since 8.0.2 due to travel.  
 +       * 11/19 - Media works ok. Phone sometimes one way audio. Julian will work on starting next week. SPEC-2792 
 +  
 +     * Raspberry Pi audio updates 
 +       * See SPEC-2666 and SPEC-2297 
 +       * 8/20: target is 8.0.1 
 +       * 8/27: no news 
 +       * 9/3 - Will not be fixed for 8.0.1. George hopes to have something ready for Berlin F2F.  
 +       * 9/10 - No update 
 +       * 9/17 - Julian working on config to be ready for next week.  
 +       * 9/24 - Julian sidetracked by BT and other high priority issues. Will probably be delayed until after 8.0.2. 
 +       * 10/1 - May be fixed for latest master (HDMI audio) and back ported to halibut.  
 +       * 11/5 - Fixed on master. Needs to be back ported to halibut.  
 +       * 11/19 - Same status 
 + 
 +   * Window Manager integation 
 +     * 10/15 - Daniel having issues with builds. Will push to a sandbox today and we will help to get building. Will cherry pick to enable Weston 6.  
 +     * 11/5 - don't know if Daniel fixed his build problems.  
 +     * 11/19 - Still have not seen anything from Daniel or Scott. Getting to be too late for RC1 
 + 
 +   * Sancloud BBE  
 +     * 11/5 - BBE looked good at the tech showcase in Lyon last week thanks to Paul 
 +     * 11/19 - pushed updates to meta-ti and meta-agl-bsp. ​ Build tested vayu board, but Paul does not have a Vayu to test with. Jan-Simon can take a look. This will make it into II RC1. 
 + 
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo 
 +     * 9/3 - making progress on launcher.  
 +     * 9/10 - Continuing to work in the launcher.  
 +     * 9/17 - Making progress on spec-2812 and SPEC-1948 
 +     * 10/15  
 +     * I will update on the WebAppManager here: we have fixed a regression on the raspberry pi and id other improvements on WAM, for example now the launcher waits until the WebAppMgr is running (this is configurable via an envar)
we are currently investigating a crash with youtube in the minnowboard and working on the update to chromium72
 
 +     * 11/5 -Looking at issues with running HTML apps and home screen simultaneously. SPEC-2900. Looking at updating to Chromium 72 and how to enable faster updates from Chromium into AGL.  
 +     * 11/19 -SPEC-2900 fixed. Looking at SPEC-2947 (Permissions to access mic in WAM). SPEC-2322 should be ready in the next few days. Looking at the improvements to incorporating upstream chromium. 
 + 
 + 
 +   * CES 2020 integration 
 +     * 10/15 - Two additional steering wheels arrived in Karlsruhe for modification. Haraki-san has prepared an additional 5 steering wheels. ​ Michael needs to check on the availability of additional LIN/HVAC boards to ensure he can modify those boards. Will hold off on shipping those to Karlsruhe until we figure out what to do.  
 +     * Scott finishing up splitting out the Amazon dependencies from the high level API for speech.  
 +     * 11/5 - API refactoring is complete. Need wake word engine support from Amazon. Philip or someone else from Amazon should be in Karlsruhe next week to support.  
 +     * 11/19 - Scott'​s changes from Yokohama were incorporated except the CAN Low level code was incorporated into build. (gerrit 22940 and 22933 do not build) Romain will take a look,  
 +     * Kusakabe developing volume control module for steering wheel input. Receiving events correctly. 
 +     * Kurokawa-san making progress on the container demo. Waltham connection not tested yet (sender integrated, but the receiver is not integrated into IC profile yet). Unicens another untested issue.  
 + 
 + 
 +   * SPEC-2465 - Leon - no progress with RPI 3 and touchscreen. RPI 4 works ok. See Jira ticket for details.  
 +     * 10/15 - No progress on RPI 3. HDMI is fine, the problem is with the official touchscreen.  
 +     * 11/5 - need to switch to kernel 4.19 and fkms as well as newer MESA version and now the RPI 3B and 3B+ with official touchscreen now works. In gerrit for master and will be back ported to halibut as well. 
 +     * 11/19 - now resolved.  
 + 
 +   * SPEC-2936 - Changing RPI4 to 64 bit.  Waiting for feedback in gerrit. Leon will test on 2 GB version. 4 GB version looks good.  
 + 
 +   * Itchy Icefish RC1 due 22 Nov 
 +     * 11/19 - Jan-Simon kicked this off.  Reviewing gerrit issues for inclusion. Build will be ready for Friday, Manifest and image possibly by Thursday morning for Edi to take a look at.  
 + 
 +   
 +New Business: 
 + 
 +   * SPEC-2931 - Paul working on merging QEMU and Intel physical targets. CI failure needs support from Jan-Simon.  
 +   ​* ​
  
 === Meeting notes for November 12, 2019 === === Meeting notes for November 12, 2019 ===
-Attendees: ​//Upcoming Meeting// +Attendees: ​Jan-Simon, George, Raquel, Lorenzo, Jose, Michael, ​ 
-NOTE Time changed ​to + 
 + 
 +Update Jose: 
 +  * discussed configfs with smack maintainer 
 +Update George: 
 +  * working on crashes in wireplumber 
 +Update Lorenzo: 
 +  * working on issues wrt launching 2nd webapp from within webapp SPEC-2401 / SPEC-2900 
 +  * Working on launcher and homescreen as well as landscape mode. 
 +Update Michael:  
 +  * 2 extra steering wheels are finished 
 +  * new firmware ​to adapt for resistor tolerances 
 +Update Leon: 
 +  * changes for 64-bit pi in gerrit 
  
  
dev-call-info.1572969899.txt.gz · Last modified: 2019/11/05 16:04 by waltminer