User Tools

Site Tools


eg-virt-meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
eg-virt-meetings [2019/05/15 18:41]
singhsat Fixed name
eg-virt-meetings [2020/02/12 15:32] (current)
m.paolino [27/11/2019, 4PM CEST Meeting]
Line 15: Line 15:
  
 ===== Meetings Agenda and Report ===== ===== Meetings Agenda and Report =====
 +
 +==== 12/02/2020, 4PM CEST Meeting ====
 +Attendees: Michele Paolino, (Virtual Open Systems), Jan Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation),​ Laurent Cremmer, Mark Silberberger (Carmeq)
 +
 +  * General updates
 +      * Virtual Open Systems patches are in the process to be merged (1 merged, 2 pending)
 +      * Patches are available here:
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22202
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22201
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22200
 +  * Next meetings
 +    * Next meeting planned 4th of March 2020
 +
 +==== 27/11/2019, 4PM CEST Meeting ====
 +Attendees: Michele Paolino, Jeremy Fanguede (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation),​ Laurent C, Mark Silberberger (Carmeq), Corey Minyard ​
 +
 +  * General updates
 +      * Virtual Open Systems started the work to enable XEN from meta-virtualization on AGL. During the call we discussed the code and we decided to move meta-virtualization one layer up. A new version of the patches will be developed
 +      * Patches are available here:
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22202
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22201
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22200
 +  * Next meetings
 +    * Next meeting planned 22nd of January 2020
 +
 +==== 18/09/2019, 4PM CEST Meeting ====
 +Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation)
 +
 +  * General updates
 +    * EG-VIRT PoC updates ​
 +      * Virtual Open Systems started the work to enable XEN from meta-virtualization on AGL. Target hardware platform is the RCar M3 for the time being. Patches are available here:
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22202
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22201
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22200
 +      * AGL-IC group plans to use containers. Michele will join the IC session at the Berlin event via webex
 +  * Next meetings
 +    * EG-VIRT BoF at AGL AMM accepted: F2F possibility
 +    * Next meeting planned for October the 2nd
 +
 +==== 04/09/2019, 4PM CEST Meeting ====
 +Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Jan Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation),​ Laurent Cremmer, Mark Silberberger (Carmeq)
 +
 +  * General updates
 +    * EG-VIRT PoC updates ​
 +      * Proposal is to build a PoC with 2 AGL profiles and an open source hypervisor
 +      * Virtual Open Systems started the work to enable XEN from meta-virtualization on AGL. Target hardware platform is the RCar M3 for the time being. Patches are available here:
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22202
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22201
 +          * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​AGL/​meta-agl/​+/​22200
 +      * AGL-IC group plans to use containers. Michele will try to join the next IC meeting ​
 + * Next F2F meetings:
 +   * AGL AMM Montecarlo: Possibility to have a F2F meeting there. A BoF has been submitted by Michele
 +    * Next meeting planned for September the 18th
 +
 +==== 21/08/2019, 4PM CEST Meeting ====
 +Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Jan Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation),​ Laurent Cremmer (Carmeq)
 +
 +  * General updates
 +    * EG-VIRT PoC updates ​
 +      * Proposal is to build a PoC with 2 AGL profiles and an open source hypervisor
 +      * Virtual Open Systems started the work to enable XEN from meta-virtualization on AGL. Target hardware platform is the RCar M3 for the time being. Patches are expected for next week 
 + * other updates
 +          * Jailhouse is going to be upstream in meta-virtualization:​ https://​www.mail-archive.com/​openembedded-architecture@lists.openembedded.org/​msg00090.html
 +   * An EG-VIRT related speech as been accepted for OSS & ELC Europe 2019.
 + * Next F2F meetings:
 +   * AGL AMM Montecarlo: Possibility to have a F2F meeting there. A BoF proposal will be submitted by Michele
 +    * Next meeting planned for September the 4th
 +
 +==== 24/07/2019, 4PM CEST Meeting ====
 +Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation),​ Satpreet Singh (Panasonic),​ Jan Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation)
 +
 +  * General updates
 +    * Eg-VIRT BoF had ~50 attendees. Discussions are ongoing
 +    * Several other talks were related to virtualization during ALS
 +    * Proposal is to build a PoC with 2 AGL profiles and an open source hypervisor
 +      * Virtual Open Systems is available to take over the port of XEN to AGL
 +    * Next meeting planned for August 21st
 +
 +==== 26/06/2019, 4PM CEST Meeting ====
 +Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation),​ LaurentC (VW), Mark Silberger (Carmeq/VW)
 +
 +  * General updates
 +    * Walt shared work in progress slides that will be presented to the Xen Summit
 +    * Laurent provided live comments on the requirements page that have been recorded
 +      * new requirements related to boot time, telematics, Raspberry Pi, OS/​Hypervisor updates, etc
 +    * The next step is to meet F2F in Tokyo and i) select the requirements to address, ii) find the the resources to develop a PoC
 +  * Action points (from previous discussion)
 +    * Eric-Artem to report about IPC mechanisms
 +
 +
  
 ==== 15/05/2019, 4PM CET Meeting ==== ==== 15/05/2019, 4PM CET Meeting ====
-Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation),​ Satpreet Singh (Panasonic),​ LaurentC (Volksvagen)+Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation),​ Satpreet Singh (Panasonic),​ LaurentC (Volkswagen)
  
   * General updates   * General updates
eg-virt-meetings.1557945706.txt.gz ยท Last modified: 2019/05/15 18:41 by singhsat