User Tools

Site Tools


eg-virt-meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
eg-virt-meetings [2019/04/16 22:26]
singhsat
eg-virt-meetings [2019/06/26 16:42] (current)
waltminer [26/06/2019, 4PM CEST Meeting]
Line 16: Line 16:
 ===== Meetings Agenda and Report ===== ===== Meetings Agenda and Report =====
  
-==== 16/04/2019, 4PM CET Meeting on 03/04/2019 Action item ==== +==== 26/06/2019, 4PM CEST Meeting ​==== 
-Virtualization ​in the AGL Requirements: Eric Shufro, ​Satpreet Singh (Panasonic)+Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner, Jan Simon Moeller (Linux Foundation),​ LaurentC (VW), Mark Silberger (Carmeq/​VW) 
 + 
 +  * General updates 
 +    * Walt shared work in progress slides that will be presented to the Xen Summit 
 +    * Laurent provided live comments ​on the requirements page that have been recorded 
 +      * new requirements related to boot time, telematics, Raspberry Pi, OS/Hypervisor updates, etc 
 +    * The next step is to meet F2F in Tokyo and i) select the requirements to address, ii) find the the resources to develop a PoC 
 +  * Action points (from previous discussion) 
 +    * Eric-Artem to report about IPC mechanisms 
 + 
 + 
 + 
 +==== 15/05/2019, 4PM CET Meeting ​==== 
 +Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation),​ Satpreet Singh (Panasonic),​ LaurentC (Volkswagen) 
 + 
 +  * General updates 
 +    * The AGL speech proposed by Walt has been selected for the XEN summit. Walt will share slides for EG-VIRT review ​in the next meeting 
 +  * Automotive virtualization requirements inputs from Panasonic 
 +    * Inter processor communication is important as well as InterVM communication 
 +    * Demo requirementsFor the PoC safety is not needed at the beginning. An opensource hypervisor will be used 
 +    * Cluster EG requirements:​ 
 +      * Bluetooth and Wifi might be included in cases where there is no IVI (motorcycles). What about safety there? 
 +  * Next call to be held in 12/06: 
 +    * we'll skip May the 29th 
 +  * Action points 
 +    * Walt will share slides to review for the xen summit 
 +    * Laurent to provide inputs on requirements 
 +    * Eric-Artem to report about IPC mechanisms 
 + 
 +==== 17/04/2019, 4PM CET Meeting ==== 
 +Attendees: Michele Paolino (Virtual Open Systems), Walt Miner (Linux Foundation), ​Eric Shufro ​(Panasonic)Artem Myagev ​(EPAM), walzert 
 + 
 +  * Automotive virtualization requirements inputs from Panasonic
 +    * Key topic are Inter VM communication,​ power management and software updates 
 +    * Suspend to ram and GPU virt are somehow already supported by XEN 
 +    * System power management is missing in AGL (power on, screen off etc.) 
 +        * In virtualized environments,​ there is a need to power each virtual machine independently (power manager MCU that talks to plugins - one for each VM) 
 +        * Today Tier-1s buy software from Vector to handle power moding states, communication framework, etc. 
 +        * Panasonic is available to join Linux Foundation and discuss with Vector to find a solution for embedding solutions to this problem in AGL(also with closed binaries) 
 +        * On this topic, OEMs (Mazda/​Suzuki) are asking tier-1s to bring more production ideas to AGL. Power management is one of them 
 +        * Today power management is done in EL3 (Arm TrustZone) 
 +    * A micro controller in the demonstration board is a nice feature to have. Possibly with wake on CAN 
 +  * EG-IC 
 +    * Michele attended the last meeting, things are progressing but virtualization is not yet in their future plans 
 +  * Next call to be held in May 15th: 
 +    * we'll skip May the 1st 
 +  * Action points 
 +    * Artem to provide a couple of examples about IPC mechanisms. If this is not sufficient (Eric to check), we need to start describing a complex use case 
 +    * Michele will monitor EG-IC
  
-1. Vision 
-   ​a. Have an opensoruce project supporting a ecockpit out of the box solution. 
-   ​b. Support IVI (android/​AGL),​ cluster (AGL), safe RTOS (AutoSAR, RTOS) 
-2. Hypervisor ​ 
-   ​a. ability to virtualize GPU, IOs, networking, CPU and run different virtual machines. 
-   ​b. Support memory separation for each guest 
-   ​c. Support physical suspend to RAM. 
-   ​d. Inter VM communication (Shared memory, network, character) 
-   ​e. Meet ASIL Safety requirements 
-3. System Behavior 
-   ​a. Power management of vehicle micro and main micro 
-   ​b. Co-ordinate startup and shutdown of all VMs. 
-   ​c. Support early boot using suspend to ram or suspend to disk or other techniques 
-4. Goals 
-   ​a. Create standard interfaces for inter VM communication. 
-   ​b. Create vehicle power moding strategy and interfaces to VM. 
-   ​c. Create a system block architecture with recommended separation of concerns. 
-   ​d. Standard way of sharing hardware (Virtio) 
-   ​e. Standard way of software update including peripheral devices and delta update. 
  
 ==== 03/04/2019, 4PM CET Meeting ==== ==== 03/04/2019, 4PM CET Meeting ====
eg-virt-meetings.1555453605.txt.gz · Last modified: 2019/04/16 22:26 by singhsat