User Tools

Site Tools


eg-speech

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
eg-speech [2019/05/29 13:29]
waltminer
eg-speech [2020/05/27 14:27]
waltminer
Line 26: Line 26:
  
 ---------- ----------
 +
 +
 +==== May 27, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Scott
 +  ​
 +  * Roadmap review
 +    * Other engines ?
 +      * Input from vendors/​suppliers required.
 +    * TTS-API (e.g. for navi)?
 +
 +  * Plan to update to the new alexa auto SDK after release of icefish.
 +    * Update 02/05: waiting for next to land in master
 +    * Update 03/04: Waiting. Pending upstream branch support, YP '​dunfell'​ and SCP
 +    * Update 04/01: No update from amazon so far
 +    * Update 04/15: Amazon is updating the alexa service for the next SDK release.
 +    * Update 4/29: Amazon update released last week was for thud, does not support zeus or dunfell. ​
 +    * 5/27 - Will use Alexa Auto SDK 2.0 for dunfell/ Jellyfish unless Amazon pushes a dunfell version.  ​
 +
 +  * Michael: New batch of microphones being produced ​
 +    * Working on DSP improvements
 +    * Update 02/19: 5-6 weeks for next batch
 +    * Update 04/01: No update
 +    * Update 04/15: No update
 +    * 4/29 - "The only update is that there is no update"​ Michael has not heard anything about why they are delayed. Will follow up later today.
 +    * 5/27 - Microphones are in assembly and should be delivered end of next week to Microchip. Will take another week to prepare them and they will be back "​in-stock"​ in mid-June
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +==== April 29, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Scott, Swapnil
 +  ​
 +  * Roadmap review
 +    * Other engines ?
 +      * Input from vendors/​suppliers required.
 +    * TTS-API (e.g. for navi)?
 +
 +  * Plan to update to the new alexa auto SDK after release of icefish.
 +    * Update 02/05: waiting for next to land in master
 +    * Update 03/04: Waiting. Pending upstream branch support, YP '​dunfell'​ and SCP
 +    * Update 04/01: No update from amazon so far
 +    * Update 04/15: Amazon is updating the alexa service for the next SDK release.
 +    * Update 4/29: Amazon update released last week was for thud, does not support zeus or dunfell.  ​
 +
 +  * Michael: New batch of microphones being produced ​
 +    * Working on DSP improvements
 +    * Update 02/19: 5-6 weeks for next batch
 +    * Update 04/01: No update
 +    * Update 04/15: No update
 +    * 4/29 - "The only update is that there is no update"​ Michael has not heard anything about why they are delayed. Will follow up later today.
 +
 +
 +
 +==== April 15, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Jan-Simon, Kusakabe-san,​ Michael, Scott
 +  ​
 +  * Roadmap review
 +    * Other engines ?
 +      * Input from vendors/​suppliers required.
 +    * TTS-API (e.g. for navi)?
 +
 +  * Plan to update to the new alexa auto SDK after release of icefish.
 +    * Update 02/05: waiting for next to land in master
 +    * Update 03/04: Waiting. Pending upstream branch support, YP '​dunfell'​ and SCP
 +    * Update 04/01: No update from amazon so far
 +    * Update 04/15: Amazon is updating the alexa service for the next SDK release.
 +
 +  * Michael: New batch of microphones being produced ​
 +    * Working on DSP improvements
 +    * Update 02/19: 5-6 weeks for next batch
 +    * Update 04/01: No update
 +    * Update 04/15: No update
 +
 +----------
 +==== April 1, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Parth, Kusakabe-san
 +  ​
 +  * Roadmap review
 +    * Other engines ?
 +      * Input from vendors/​suppliers required.
 +    * TTS-API (e.g. for navi)?
 +
 +  * Plan to update to the new alexa auto SDK after release of icefish.
 +    * Update 02/05: waiting for next to land in master
 +    * Update 03/04: Waiting. Pending upstream branch support, YP '​dunfell'​ and SCP
 +    * Update 04/01: No update from amazon so far
 +
 +  * Michael: New batch of microphones being produced ​
 +    * Working on DSP improvements
 +    * Update 02/19: 5-6 weeks for next batch
 +    * Update 04/01: No update
 +
 +New:
 +  * Possibly flip meeting slot with virt-eg?
 +
 +
 +----------
 +==== February 19, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Li, Kusakabe-san
 +  ​
 +  * Roadmap review
 +    * Other engines ?
 +      * Input from vendors/​suppliers required.
 +    * TTS-API (e.g. for navi)?
 +
 +  * Plan to update to the new alexa auto SDK after release of icefish.
 +    * Update 02/05: waiting for next to land in master
 +    * Update 03/04: Waiting. Pending upstream branch support, YP '​dunfell'​ and SCP
 +
 +  * Michael: New batch of microphones being produced ​
 +    * Working on DSP improvements
 +    * Update 02/19: 5-6 weeks for next batch
 +
 +New:
 +  * 
 +----------
 +==== February 19, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Scott, Li, Kusakabe-san
 +  ​
 +  * Roadmap review
 +    * Other engines ?
 +      * Input from vendors/​suppliers required.
 +    * TTS-API (e.g. for navi)?
 +
 +  * Plan to update to the new alexa auto SDK after release of icefish.
 +    * Update 02/05: waiting for next to land in master
 +
 +  * Scott: Note from devcall: no zeus support in any alexa auto sdk
 +    * Update 02/19: patches in gerrit/next to make zeus work
 +  * Michael: New batch of microphones being produced ​
 +    * Working on DSP improvements
 +    * Update 02/19: 5-6 weeks for next batch
 +
 +New:
 +  *  ​
 +
 +----------
 +==== February 5, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Jan-Simon, Michael, Scott, Li, Kusakabe-san
 +
 +  * Updates since December and CES
 +    * A lot of work during F2F in SFO
 +      * added wakework support back (but need closed binaries, push-to-talk works w/o)
 +      * fixed json-c handling issues in alexa-voiceagent and capabilities
 +        * ping Philip/​Naveen/​Ezequiel Cervantes to take patches
 +      * simple alexa-viewer (to replace parts of ICS app)
 +      * alexa device auth using QR-code (Raquel)
 +      * Kudos to Scott Murray
 +    * CES demo using alexa wakeword and ptt over steering wheel
 +    * Update 02/05: Scott will ping amazon wrt patches.
 +
 +  * Plan to update to the new alexa auto SDK after release of icefish.
 +    * Update 02/05: waiting for next to land in master
 +
 +New: 
 +  * Scott: Note from devcall: no zeus support in any alexa auto sdk
 +  * Michael: New batch of microphones being produced ​
 +    * Working on DSP improvements
 +
 +==== January 22, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Jan-Simon, Michael, Scott, Dennis, Kusakabe-san
 +
 +  * Updates since December and CES
 +    * A lot of work during F2F in SFO
 +      * added wakework support back (but need closed binaries, push-to-talk works w/o)
 +      * fixed json-c handling issues in alexa-voiceagent and capabilities
 +        * ping Philip/​Naveen/​Ezequiel Cervantes to take patches
 +      * simple alexa-viewer (to replace parts of ICS app)
 +      * alexa device auth using QR-code (Raquel)
 +      * Kudos to Scott Murray
 +    * CES demo using alexa wakeword and ptt over steering wheel
 +
 +  * Updates since November Karlsruhe meeting.
 +     * Raquel finalizing new authorization method. Will be ready prior to SFO F2F meeting.
 +     * Need wake word solution from Amazon. ​ Waiting to see if Philip is back from his vacation, ​
 +     * No word from ICS for app code.  ​
 +
 +New: 
 +  * Plan to update to the new alexa auto SDK after release of icefish.
 +
 +
 +==== November 27, 2019 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Scott, Jan-Simon, Thierry, Kusakabe
 +
 +
 +  * Updates since November Karlsruhe meeting.
 +     * Raquel finalizing new authorization method. Will be ready prior to SFO F2F meeting.
 +     * Need wake word solution from Amazon. ​ Waiting to see if Philip is back from his vacation, ​
 +     ​* ​
 +     * No word from ICS for app code.  ​
 +
 +New: 
 +
 +==== October 16, 2019 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Scott, Jan-Simon, Michael, Li
 +
 +  * On alexa auto sdk v2.0 using an integrated platform build (kudos to Scott Murray)
 +  * Updates since Karlsruhe
 +     * Audio input and output both work on master according to Jan-Simon. ​ Raquel testing on halibut and we think it works there as well. 
 +     * Scott pushed rework to agl-service-voicehigh to remove hard dependencies on Alexa. ​
 +     * Scott reworking home screen changes from Naveen.
 +     * Need wake word solution from Amazon
 +     * Waiting on ICS for app code. 
 +
 +New: 
 +
 +
 +==== October 02, 2019 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Kusakabe-san,​ Kurokawa-san
 +
 +  * On alexa auto sdk v2.0 using an integrated platform build (kudos to Scott Murray)
 +  * Integration Session in Karlsruhe:
 +     * Mic works, audio out works, but not at same time.
 +     * Fixes WIP for pipewire
 +     * agl-service-voiceagent-alexa needs fixes for smack/​multiuser
 +       * issues are known and resolved, but need to be integrate
 +       * AI: Jan-Simon/​Scott write-up steps in confluence
 +       * AI: Walt: generic icon for TTS-button
 +     * Steering wheel: we got first lin message but infrequent, need to research BCM (in-kernel scheduler for polling) and / or have the can-low-level listen (worst case configure BCM as well).
 +  * ICS-app: waiting for new binaries for AMM.  (aarch64 + x86-64)
 +
 +New: 
 +  * 
 +
 +==== September 18, 2019 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Kusakabe
 +
 +   * Thierry still waiting for Naveen'​s patches that were discussed during the last call. 
 +     * 8/21: No update
 +     * 9/4: Thierry not available today. We do not think he has received anything from Naveen. ​
 +   ​* ​
 +   * Thierry needs a HH SDK that is stable and not a moving target. Will contact Jan-Simon to get the Halibut release folder created and the SDK populated. ​
 +     * 8/21: Done.
 +   * Soya-san has the new front end and is testing it with a number of new features and has a Microsemi Field Apps Engineer colleague in the Tokyo office to get some support with tuning the device. This will include features such as barge-in and better responsiveness.
 +     * 8/21: Mic being optimized (far-field/​near-field adaptation)
 +     * 9/4: Still in progress. Delayed by vacations and availability of the Microsemi FAE.  ​
 +   * Todo: check with new version of the Alexa SDK
 +     * Required: port to pipewire output (https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-2761)
 +     * Put https://​github.com/​alexa/​alexa-auto-sdk/​tree/​1.6/​platforms/​agl/​alexa-voiceagent-service build in recipe or improve build situation (currently container + external SDK is necessary) ​
 +
 +New: 
 +   * Planning an integration session the week after the Berlin F2F in Karlsruhe. Need Amazon and possibly ICS support. ​
 +
 +
 +==== September 4, 2019 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Fulup, Scott
 +
 +   * Thierry still waiting for Naveen'​s patches that were discussed during the last call. 
 +     * 8/21: No update
 +     * 9/4: Thierry not available today. We do not think he has received anything from Naveen. ​
 +   ​* ​
 +   * Thierry needs a HH SDK that is stable and not a moving target. Will contact Jan-Simon to get the Halibut release folder created and the SDK populated. ​
 +     * 8/21: Done.
 +   * Soya-san has the new front end and is testing it with a number of new features and has a Microsemi Field Apps Engineer colleague in the Tokyo office to get some support with tuning the device. This will include features such as barge-in and better responsiveness.
 +     * 8/21: Mic being optimized (far-field/​near-field adaptation)
 +     * 9/4: Still in progress. Delayed by vacations and availability of the Microsemi FAE.  ​
 +   * Todo: check with new version of the Alexa SDK
 +     * Required: port to pipewire output (https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-2761)
 +     * Put https://​github.com/​alexa/​alexa-auto-sdk/​tree/​1.6/​platforms/​agl/​alexa-voiceagent-service build in recipe or improve build situation (currently container + external SDK is necessary) ​
 +
 +New: 
 +   * Planning an integration session the week after the Berlin F2F in Karlsruhe. Need Amazon and possibly ICS support. ​
 +
 +
 +==== August 21, 2019 ====
 +Attendees: Jan-Simon, Thierry, Michael
 +
 +   * Thierry still waiting for Naveen'​s patches that were discussed during the last call. 
 +     * 8/21: No update
 +   * Thierry needs a HH SDK that is stable and not a moving target. Will contact Jan-Simon to get the Halibut release folder created and the SDK populated. ​
 +     * 8/21: Done.
 +   * Soya-san has the new front end and is testing it with a number of new features and has a Microsemi Field Apps Engineer colleague in the Tokyo office to get some support with tuning the device. This will include features such as barge-in and better responsiveness.
 +     * 8/21: Mic being optimized (far-field/​near-field adaptation)
 +   * Todo: check with new version of the Alexa SDK
 +     * Required: port to pipewire output (https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-2761)
 +     * Put https://​github.com/​alexa/​alexa-auto-sdk/​tree/​1.6/​platforms/​agl/​alexa-voiceagent-service build in recipe or improve build situation (currently container + external SDK is necessary) ​
 +
 +New: 
 +   ​* ​
 +
 +
 +----------
 +
 +==== June 12, 2019 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Thierry, Michael, Chris, Kusakabe
 +
 +   * Thierry still waiting for Naveen'​s patches that were discussed during the last call. 
 +   * Thierry needs a HH SDK that is stable and not a moving target. Will contact Jan-Simon to get the Halibut release folder created and the SDK populated. ​
 +   * Soya-san has the new front end and is testing it with a number of new features and has a Microsemi Field Apps Engineer colleague in the Tokyo office to get some support with tuning the device. This will include features such as barge-in and better responsiveness. ​
 +
  
 ==== May 29, 2019 ==== ==== May 29, 2019 ====
Line 199: Line 490:
  
    * Documents now in Confluence ​    * Documents now in Confluence ​
-     * Architecture : https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​display/​SpeechArch/​Speech+EG+Architecture¬†+     * Architecture : https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​display/​SPE/​Speech+EG+Architecture¬†
-     * CES Project ​ : https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​display/​SpeechArch/​Speech+EG%27s+CES+2019+Project+     * CES Project ​ : https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​display/​SPE/​Speech+EG%27s+CES+2019+Project
  
    * Reviewed questions and comments about latest Amazon proposal (v1.3). ​    * Reviewed questions and comments about latest Amazon proposal (v1.3). ​
Line 706: Line 997:
    * Walt will follow up with Amazon about their API. Schedule a follow up call for Tuesday, Feb 13     * Walt will follow up with Amazon about their API. Schedule a follow up call for Tuesday, Feb 13 
    * Question about how AGL handles app creation and installation    * Question about how AGL handles app creation and installation
-     * Developer guide for app developers is available at http://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/devguides/en/dev/+   * Developer guide for app developers is available at https://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​en/​master/​devguides/
  
  
eg-speech.txt · Last modified: 2020/05/27 14:27 by waltminer