User Tools

Site Tools


eg-ic

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
eg-ic [2019/03/14 11:48]
ttharaki [Member]
eg-ic [2019/03/15 18:41] (current)
waltminer Moved meetings to a separate page
Line 1: Line 1:
 ===== Instrument Cluster Expert Group ===== ===== Instrument Cluster Expert Group =====
  
 +===== Meetings =====
  
-==== Meeting March 12, 2019 ==== +The Instrument ​Cluster EG meets every other TuesdayConference information ​and meeting ​minutes ​can be found on [[eg-ic:​meetings|this page]]
-Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Haraki, Yamaguchi, Kurokawa, Scott, Fulup, Stephane, Mitsunari, Ohiwa +
- +
-Haraki-san made a presentation. +
-      - Need to gather requirements from OEMs and Tier One suppliers  +
-      - Summarize requirements from OEMs and Tier Ones into a functional requirements document for Cluster ​and HUD  +
-      - Optimize services per the requirements  +
- +
-Suzuki will provide an initial feature list by April 1. Walt will start the Confluence page.  +
- +
-Need to recruit additional OEM and Tier One members to the EG to get their requirements +
- +
-OEM +
-   * Suzuki - Haraki-san ​  +
-   * Toyota +
-   * Mazda +
- +
-Tier One +
-   * Panasonic  +
-   * Denso +
-   * Continental +
-   * Bosch (they are LF members but not currently AGL members)  +
- +
-Renesas working on getting E3 boards. Recommend starting with M3 and using software techniques (kernel config) to reduce the allowed cores and memory usage to simulate an E3 environment. IoT.bzh and Renesas will work together to figure out to do this. (SPEC-2254) +
- +
-What do we do about demo 3 code for IC? Mitsunari and Ohiwa think this is not part of the EG-IC.  +
-  * Will change cluster-appname repository names to something indicating that they are specifically for demo3-cluster-appname +
-  * It is a work-in-progress to be able to recreate building demo 3 in git. Ohiwa-san will work to make the documentation available that we need to make that happen.  +
- +
-==== Meeting March 7, 2019 ==== +
-F2F kickoff ​meeting ​at AMM Tokyo +
- +
-Haraki-san presented slides with goals and initial schedule for EG. Target is to have a spec by November. Ideally we will review the spec at the Fall AMM and incorporate into System Spec 2.0.  +
- +
-Which board for initial development?​  +
-   * Need a count of board requirements for E3. Renesas will try to get 20 boards +
- +
-Scott can focus on reducing image size to fit into E3 memory. Would be best to get a memory size target.  +
- +
-Suzuki will provide initial requirements (feature list) in Confluence by April 1. +
- +
-Feature list for low end IC on a motorcycle could include +
-   * No additional IVI unit would be included +
-   * CAN and/or LIN +
-   * SDL with audio and Bluetooth (including HFP) +
-   * Small display (need size and resolution)  +
-   * Maximum 2GB RAM +
-   * Hypervisor or other solution for safety features +
-  +
- +
-What do we do about demo 3 code for IC? +
-  * Wait and seeDiscuss during the May F2F meeting. Should it be merged for now+
  
 ===== Member ===== ===== Member =====
eg-ic.txt · Last modified: 2019/03/15 18:41 by waltminer