User Tools

Site Tools


eg-connectivity:meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
eg-connectivity:meetings [2019/11/05 02:02]
waltminer Changed to winter time
eg-connectivity:meetings [2020/07/09 13:55] (current)
wminer
Line 1: Line 1:
 ===== Meeting Notes for AGL Connectivity Expert Group ===== ===== Meeting Notes for AGL Connectivity Expert Group =====
  
-Meetings of the Connectivity EG are held every other Thursday at 14:00 UTC.The upcoming schedule can be found below. ​+Meetings of the Connectivity EG are held every other Thursday at 13:00 UTC.The upcoming schedule can be found below. ​
  
 Conference Information:​ Conference Information:​
Line 11: Line 11:
 Meeting ID: 151 930 034\\ Meeting ID: 151 930 034\\
 Find your local number: https://​zoom.us/​u/​ameRude4a Find your local number: https://​zoom.us/​u/​ameRude4a
 +
 +-------
 +==== July 9, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Kimura, Nomoto, Monden, Thomas, Tanikawa, Magnus Damm (Renesas), Michael, Kurokawa, Kusakabel, Li
 +
 +   * [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Toyota Bluetooth Presentation by Nomoto-san. ​
 +     * SPEC-3283 created as an epic to track all of the use cases. ​ Nomoto-san or Ohiwa-san will add new Jira tickets for each use case and link them to the epic. We can start to review off-line and review in the next connectivity meeting. ​
 +     * Link to presentation
 +     * Reviewed the registration use cases
 +   * 4/2 - Nomoto-san presented updated use cases and got feedback. ​
 +   * 4/16 - Nomoto-san reviewed the remaining use cases in the spreadsheet which was uploaded to SPEC-3283. Scott and Matt will add columns to the spreadsheet to respond with what should already be supported in the platform (and needs a UI update) vs what is new platform work. 
 +   * 4/30 - Review a little of the platform vs. app breakdown provided by Scott. Toyota will review off-line for the next meeting, Nomoto-san is working on sequence charts based on their work for the next meeting, Scott is concerned that trying to put the Denso-Ten API into AGL does not fit the application framework model and switching over to the Denso-Ten API would be a radical change for the AGL architecture. So we would like a statement of what the goal of using the Denso-Ten API is.  Ideally we would have a short presentation from Toyota and Denso-Ten on what the goals of the effort are and whether they intend to use the AGL App FW and turn in another direction. ​
 +   * 5/12 - Nomoto-san presented two documents. One with a [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​secure/​attachment/​13116/​20200514_BTFunctionRequirementPlan.pptx | plan for Bluetooth development]] and [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​secure/​attachment/​13117/​20200514_SequenceDiagram.xlsx | one document]] with sequence diagrams with a discussion of the Denso Ten API.  A lot of feedback was provided on the need for having the Denso API added with an additional middleware layer that does not seem to add any benefit to the AGL implementation. Toyota and Denso Ten will discuss internally before the next meeting. Kusakabe-san verified that there is no code that will be shared by Denso Ten as part of the implementation. ​
 +   * 6/11 - Toyota presented a revised version of their plan.   The concern with the Toyota proposal is that it will introduce extra complexity without any real benefit towards meeting their use cases. Also, there is no code included from Denso-Ten so everything except the API would be implemented from scratch. It was agreed to review the Konsulko proposal from earlier this year regarding improvements to the BT binding and implementation as well as their analysis of the Toyota use cases. Hanaoka-san'​s concern is that we meet the roadmap approved by the AB and SC. 
 +   * 6/25 - Reviewed the presentation from Walt to summarize the current status of the EG. Kimura-san would like to review the proposal from Konsulko and propose a reduced API set. Kimura-san clarified that the implementation of the API uses a proprietary third-party Bluetooth stack and cannot be open sourced due to contract restrictions. ​
 +   * 7/9 - Toyota and Denso-Ten agreed to the proposal that we have Konsulko work through the priority list and propose an abstraction layer to allow BlueZ to be easily replaced by a proprietary stack. Konsulko will propose an initial plan in two weeks at the next Connectivity EG including identifying any upstream BlueZ or ofono work that may impact the schedule. ​
 + 
 +
 +   * Discussed RHSA proposal to re-use the TI BT/Wifi chip from the KF board rather than the Qualcomm chip
 +     * TI chip has not worked well on the KF board and we have disabled it on the M3 and have not used it for H3 in months. ​
 +     * BT HFP - SCO audio not properly supported over UART on the WiLink 7/8. It uses PCM which is not generally supported. We have not tried to make a call using the KF BT due to these issues. ​ We are not sure if PipeWire will work, but we do know for sure that PulseAudio will not work. 
 +     * Antenna in KF design is terrible. The signal strength drops off even two feet away to be not usable. The antenna part of the KF design needs to be redesigned ​ if we use it in the RHSA board. ​
 +     * Scott will try out making calls using the KF BT chip to see if PipeWire works today on KF. 
 +     * 3/5 - Scott'​s testing revealed that the TI chip does not work and would require effort to get audio working, In light of that the SC decided to build the reference hardware with the Qualcomm chip and use the existing dongles for the initial development while we work with QC on a way to redistribute the firmware. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +       * 3/5 - Romain not on the call. Would like the CANOE DBC to JSON tool upstreamed or more fully developed for AGL (SPEC-3257)
 +       * 3/19 - Scott investigating CAN lock ups that are seen in the green machine demo unit. 
 +         * Some USB CAN Adapters ​
 +           * Thomas is using https://​www.fischl.de/​usbtin/​
 +           * Scott is using https://​www.digikey.ca/​product-detail/​en/​APGDT002/​APGDT002-ND/​2217607
 +       * 4/2 - Scott received from new hardware, but has been busy with dunfell upgrade.
 +       * 4/16 - Nothing to report from Scott, Thomas is working on a conversion tool from Canoe DBC to AGL JSON and has had some success with the first message. ​
 +       * 4/30 - No updates
 +       * 5/14 - Thomas hopes to have the converter for the CAN messages in the next two weeks. ​
 +       * 7/9 - Thomas is back working on the project.
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +     * 3/5- No update on audio
 +     * 4/2 - No update on audio
 +
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements and reference device ​
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +     * 03/05 - Work stopped until additional requirements are received or someone makes additional contributions, ​
 +
 +
 +   * New radio/ tuner architecture (SPEC-3310)
 +     * 3/19 - Kusakabe-san has been busy with another hot project. Will wait another two weeks. ​
 +     * 4/2 - Kusakabe-san reviewed a document that was posted in [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-3311 | SPEC-3311]] that defines an example radio hardware block diagram. ​
 +     * 5/14 - No update from Kusakabe-san. ​
 +     * 6/11 - Kimura-san taking over from Kusakabe-san. Will prepare something for the next call. 
 +     * 6/25 - Reviewed the presentation in SPEC-3310. Scott proposed V4L2 as a possible API for AGL to use to the tuner since Konsulko has some experience integrating V4L2 as a tuner interface with other customers. Denso-Ten will review some more and make another proposal. ​
 +       * Thomas showed the [[Monkey Board | https://​www.monkeyboard.org/​products/​85-developmentboard/​80-dab-fm-digital-radio-development-board]] as another option for hardware integration,​. ​
 +       * 7/7 - Denso-Ten is interested in learning more about V4L2 implementation for tuner. Kimura-san said that at the next call Denso-Ten could prepare a use case document like Toyota did for Bluetooth that we can review as the basis for the work going forward. ​
 +
 +
 +New:
 +
 +
 +
 +==== June 25, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Kimura (Denso-Ten),​ Nomoto, Monden (ADIT), Hanaoka, Thomas, Tanikawa, Magnus Damm (Renesas), Michael, Kurokawa
 +
 +   * [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Toyota Bluetooth Presentation by Nomoto-san. ​
 +     * SPEC-3283 created as an epic to track all of the use cases. ​ Nomoto-san or Ohiwa-san will add new Jira tickets for each use case and link them to the epic. We can start to review off-line and review in the next connectivity meeting. ​
 +     * Link to presentation
 +     * Reviewed the registration use cases
 +   * 4/2 - Nomoto-san presented updated use cases and got feedback. ​
 +   * 4/16 - Nomoto-san reviewed the remaining use cases in the spreadsheet which was uploaded to SPEC-3283. Scott and Matt will add columns to the spreadsheet to respond with what should already be supported in the platform (and needs a UI update) vs what is new platform work. 
 +   * 4/30 - Review a little of the platform vs. app breakdown provided by Scott. Toyota will review off-line for the next meeting, Nomoto-san is working on sequence charts based on their work for the next meeting, Scott is concerned that trying to put the Denso-Ten API into AGL does not fit the application framework model and switching over to the Denso-Ten API would be a radical change for the AGL architecture. So we would like a statement of what the goal of using the Denso-Ten API is.  Ideally we would have a short presentation from Toyota and Denso-Ten on what the goals of the effort are and whether they intend to use the AGL App FW and turn in another direction. ​
 +   * 5/12 - Nomoto-san presented two documents. One with a [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​secure/​attachment/​13116/​20200514_BTFunctionRequirementPlan.pptx | plan for Bluetooth development]] and [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​secure/​attachment/​13117/​20200514_SequenceDiagram.xlsx | one document]] with sequence diagrams with a discussion of the Denso Ten API.  A lot of feedback was provided on the need for having the Denso API added with an additional middleware layer that does not seem to add any benefit to the AGL implementation. Toyota and Denso Ten will discuss internally before the next meeting. Kusakabe-san verified that there is no code that will be shared by Denso Ten as part of the implementation. ​
 +   * 6/11 - Toyota presented a revised version of their plan.   The concern with the Toyota proposal is that it will introduce extra complexity without any real benefit towards meeting their use cases. Also, there is no code included from Denso-Ten so everything except the API would be implemented from scratch. It was agreed to review the Konsulko proposal from earlier this year regarding improvements to the BT binding and implementation as well as their analysis of the Toyota use cases. Hanaoka-san'​s concern is that we meet the roadmap approved by the AB and SC. 
 +   * 6/25 - Reviewed the presentation from Walt to summarize the current status of the EG. Kimura-san would like to review the proposal from Konsulko and propose a reduced API set. Kimura-san clarified that the implementation of the API uses a proprietary third-party Bluetooth stack and cannot be open sourced due to contract restrictions. ​
 + 
 +
 +   * Discussed RHSA proposal to re-use the TI BT/Wifi chip from the KF board rather than the Qualcomm chip
 +     * TI chip has not worked well on the KF board and we have disabled it on the M3 and have not used it for H3 in months. ​
 +     * BT HFP - SCO audio not properly supported over UART on the WiLink 7/8. It uses PCM which is not generally supported. We have not tried to make a call using the KF BT due to these issues. ​ We are not sure if PipeWire will work, but we do know for sure that PulseAudio will not work. 
 +     * Antenna in KF design is terrible. The signal strength drops off even two feet away to be not usable. The antenna part of the KF design needs to be redesigned ​ if we use it in the RHSA board. ​
 +     * Scott will try out making calls using the KF BT chip to see if PipeWire works today on KF. 
 +     * 3/5 - Scott'​s testing revealed that the TI chip does not work and would require effort to get audio working, In light of that the SC decided to build the reference hardware with the Qualcomm chip and use the existing dongles for the initial development while we work with QC on a way to redistribute the firmware. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +       * 3/5 - Romain not on the call. Would like the CANOE DBC to JSON tool upstreamed or more fully developed for AGL (SPEC-3257)
 +       * 3/19 - Scott investigating CAN lock ups that are seen in the green machine demo unit. 
 +         * Some USB CAN Adapters ​
 +           * Thomas is using https://​www.fischl.de/​usbtin/​
 +           * Scott is using https://​www.digikey.ca/​product-detail/​en/​APGDT002/​APGDT002-ND/​2217607
 +       * 4/2 - Scott received from new hardware, but has been busy with dunfell upgrade.
 +       * 4/16 - Nothing to report from Scott, Thomas is working on a conversion tool from Canoe DBC to AGL JSON and has had some success with the first message. ​
 +       * 4/30 - No updates
 +       * 5/14 - Thomas hopes to have the converter for the CAN messages in the next two weeks. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +     * 3/5- No update on audio
 +     * 4/2 - No update on audio
 +
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements and reference device ​
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +     * 03/05 - Work stopped until additional requirements are received or someone makes additional contributions, ​
 +
 +
 +   * New radio/ tuner architecture (SPEC-3310)
 +     * 3/19 - Kusakabe-san has been busy with another hot project. Will wait another two weeks. ​
 +     * 4/2 - Kusakabe-san reviewed a document that was posted in [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-3311 | SPEC-3311]] that defines an example radio hardware block diagram. ​
 +     * 5/14 - No update from Kusakabe-san. ​
 +     * 6/11 - Kimura-san taking over from Kusakabe-san. Will prepare something for the next call. 
 +     * 6/25 - Reviewed the presentation in SPEC-3310. Scott proposed V4L2 as a possible API for AGL to use to the tuner since Konsulko has some experience integrating V4L2 as a tuner interface with other customers. Denso-Ten will review some more and make another proposal. ​
 +       * Thomas showed the [[Monkey Board | https://​www.monkeyboard.org/​products/​85-developmentboard/​80-dab-fm-digital-radio-development-board]] as another option for hardware integration,​. ​
 +
 +
 +New:
 +
 +
 +
 +==== June 11, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Scott, Kimura (Denso-Ten),​ Nomoto, Moden (ADIT), Hanaoka, Li, Tanikawa,
 +
 +   * [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Toyota Bluetooth Presentation by Nomoto-san. ​
 +     * SPEC-3283 created as an epic to track all of the use cases. ​ Nomoto-san or Ohiwa-san will add new Jira tickets for each use case and link them to the epic. We can start to review off-line and review in the next connectivity meeting. ​
 +     * Link to presentation
 +     * Reviewed the registration use cases
 +   * 4/2 - Nomoto-san presented updated use cases and got feedback. ​
 +   * 4/16 - Nomoto-san reviewed the remaining use cases in the spreadsheet which was uploaded to SPEC-3283. Scott and Matt will add columns to the spreadsheet to respond with what should already be supported in the platform (and needs a UI update) vs what is new platform work. 
 +   * 4/30 - Review a little of the platform vs. app breakdown provided by Scott. Toyota will review off-line for the next meeting, Nomoto-san is working on sequence charts based on their work for the next meeting, Scott is concerned that trying to put the Denso-Ten API into AGL does not fit the application framework model and switching over to the Denso-Ten API would be a radical change for the AGL architecture. So we would like a statement of what the goal of using the Denso-Ten API is.  Ideally we would have a short presentation from Toyota and Denso-Ten on what the goals of the effort are and whether they intend to use the AGL App FW and turn in another direction. ​
 +   * 5/12 - Nomoto-san presented two documents. One with a [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​secure/​attachment/​13116/​20200514_BTFunctionRequirementPlan.pptx | plan for Bluetooth development]] and [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​secure/​attachment/​13117/​20200514_SequenceDiagram.xlsx | one document]] with sequence diagrams with a discussion of the Denso Ten API.  A lot of feedback was provided on the need for having the Denso API added with an additional middleware layer that does not seem to add any benefit to the AGL implementation. Toyota and Denso Ten will discuss internally before the next meeting. Kusakabe-san verified that there is no code that will be shared by Denso Ten as part of the implementation. ​
 +   * 6/11 - Toyota presented a revised version of their plan.   The concern with the Toyota proposal is that it will introduce extra complexity without any real benefit towards meeting their use cases. Also, there is no code included from Denso-Ten so everything except the API would be implemented from scratch. It was agreed to review the Konsulko proposal from earlier this year regarding improvements to the BT binding and implementation as well as their analysis of the Toyota use cases. Hanaoka-san'​s concern is that we meet the roadmap approved by the AB and SC. 
 + 
 +
 +   * Discussed RHSA proposal to re-use the TI BT/Wifi chip from the KF board rather than the Qualcomm chip
 +     * TI chip has not worked well on the KF board and we have disabled it on the M3 and have not used it for H3 in months. ​
 +     * BT HFP - SCO audio not properly supported over UART on the WiLink 7/8. It uses PCM which is not generally supported. We have not tried to make a call using the KF BT due to these issues. ​ We are not sure if PipeWire will work, but we do know for sure that PulseAudio will not work. 
 +     * Antenna in KF design is terrible. The signal strength drops off even two feet away to be not usable. The antenna part of the KF design needs to be redesigned ​ if we use it in the RHSA board. ​
 +     * Scott will try out making calls using the KF BT chip to see if PipeWire works today on KF. 
 +     * 3/5 - Scott'​s testing revealed that the TI chip does not work and would require effort to get audio working, In light of that the SC decided to build the reference hardware with the Qualcomm chip and use the existing dongles for the initial development while we work with QC on a way to redistribute the firmware. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +       * 3/5 - Romain not on the call. Would like the CANOE DBC to JSON tool upstreamed or more fully developed for AGL (SPEC-3257)
 +       * 3/19 - Scott investigating CAN lock ups that are seen in the green machine demo unit. 
 +         * Some USB CAN Adapters ​
 +           * Thomas is using https://​www.fischl.de/​usbtin/​
 +           * Scott is using https://​www.digikey.ca/​product-detail/​en/​APGDT002/​APGDT002-ND/​2217607
 +       * 4/2 - Scott received from new hardware, but has been busy with dunfell upgrade.
 +       * 4/16 - Nothing to report from Scott, Thomas is working on a conversion tool from Canoe DBC to AGL JSON and has had some success with the first message. ​
 +       * 4/30 - No updates
 +       * 5/14 - Thomas hopes to have the converter for the CAN messages in the next two weeks. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +     * 3/5- No update on audio
 +     * 4/2 - No update on audio
 +
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements and reference device ​
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +     * 03/05 - Work stopped until additional requirements are received or someone makes additional contributions, ​
 +
 +
 +   * New radio/ tuner architecture (SPEC-3310)
 +     * 3/19 - Kusakabe-san has been busy with another hot project. Will wait another two weeks. ​
 +     * 4/2 - Kusakabe-san reviewed a document that was posted in [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-3311 | SPEC-3311]] that defines an example radio hardware block diagram. ​
 +     * 5/14 - No update from Kusakabe-san. ​
 +     * 6/11 - Kimura-san taking over from Kusakabe-san. Will prepare something for the next call. 
 +
 +
 +New:
 +
 +
 +==== May 28, 2020 ====
 +** Meeting Canceled **
 +
 +==== May 14, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Ohiwa, Thomas, Nomoto, Kusakabe
 +
 +   * [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Toyota Bluetooth Presentation by Nomoto-san. ​
 +     * SPEC-3283 created as an epic to track all of the use cases. ​ Nomoto-san or Ohiwa-san will add new Jira tickets for each use case and link them to the epic. We can start to review off-line and review in the next connectivity meeting. ​
 +     * Link to presentation
 +     * Reviewed the registration use cases
 +   * 4/2 - Nomoto-san presented updated use cases and got feedback. ​
 +   * 4/16 - Nomoto-san reviewed the remaining use cases in the spreadsheet which was uploaded to SPEC-3283. Scott and Matt will add columns to the spreadsheet to respond with what should already be supported in the platform (and needs a UI update) vs what is new platform work. 
 +   * 4/30 - Review a little of the platform vs. app breakdown provided by Scott. Toyota will review off-line for the next meeting, Nomoto-san is working on sequence charts based on their work for the next meeting, Scott is concerned that trying to put the Denso-Ten API into AGL does not fit the application framework model and switching over to the Denso-Ten API would be a radical change for the AGL architecture. So we would like a statement of what the goal of using the Denso-Ten API is.  Ideally we would have a short presentation from Toyota and Denso-Ten on what the goals of the effort are and whether they intend to use the AGL App FW and turn in another direction. ​
 +   * 5/12 - Nomoto-san presented two documents. One with a [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​secure/​attachment/​13116/​20200514_BTFunctionRequirementPlan.pptx | plan for Bluetooth development]] and [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​secure/​attachment/​13117/​20200514_SequenceDiagram.xlsx | one document]] with sequence diagrams with a discussion of the Denso Ten API.  A lot of feedback was provided on the need for having the Denso API added with an additional middleware layer that does not seem to add any benefit to the AGL implementation. Toyota and Denso Ten will discuss internally before the next meeting. Kusakabe-san verified that there is no code that will be shared by Denso Ten as part of the implementation. ​
 + 
 +
 +   * Discussed RHSA proposal to re-use the TI BT/Wifi chip from the KF board rather than the Qualcomm chip
 +     * TI chip has not worked well on the KF board and we have disabled it on the M3 and have not used it for H3 in months. ​
 +     * BT HFP - SCO audio not properly supported over UART on the WiLink 7/8. It uses PCM which is not generally supported. We have not tried to make a call using the KF BT due to these issues. ​ We are not sure if PipeWire will work, but we do know for sure that PulseAudio will not work. 
 +     * Antenna in KF design is terrible. The signal strength drops off even two feet away to be not usable. The antenna part of the KF design needs to be redesigned ​ if we use it in the RHSA board. ​
 +     * Scott will try out making calls using the KF BT chip to see if PipeWire works today on KF. 
 +     * 3/5 - Scott'​s testing revealed that the TI chip does not work and would require effort to get audio working, In light of that the SC decided to build the reference hardware with the Qualcomm chip and use the existing dongles for the initial development while we work with QC on a way to redistribute the firmware. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +       * 3/5 - Romain not on the call. Would like the CANOE DBC to JSON tool upstreamed or more fully developed for AGL (SPEC-3257)
 +       * 3/19 - Scott investigating CAN lock ups that are seen in the green machine demo unit. 
 +         * Some USB CAN Adapters ​
 +           * Thomas is using https://​www.fischl.de/​usbtin/​
 +           * Scott is using https://​www.digikey.ca/​product-detail/​en/​APGDT002/​APGDT002-ND/​2217607
 +       * 4/2 - Scott received from new hardware, but has been busy with dunfell upgrade.
 +       * 4/16 - Nothing to report from Scott, Thomas is working on a conversion tool from Canoe DBC to AGL JSON and has had some success with the first message. ​
 +       * 4/30 - No updates
 +       * 5/14 - Thomas hopes to have the converter for the CAN messages in the next two weeks. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +     * 3/5- No update on audio
 +     * 4/2 - No update on audio
 +
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements and reference device ​
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +     * 03/05 - Work stopped until additional requirements are received or someone makes additional contributions, ​
 +
 +
 +   * New radio/ tuner architecture (SPEC-3310)
 +     * 3/19 - Kusakabe-san has been busy with another hot project. Will wait another two weeks. ​
 +     * 4/2 - Kusakabe-san reviewed a document that was posted in [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-3311 | SPEC-3311]] that defines an example radio hardware block diagram. ​
 +     * 5/14 - No update from Kusakabe-san. ​
 +
 +
 +New:
 +
 +
 +
 +==== April 30, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Ohiwa, Thomas, Nomoto, Swapnil
 +
 +   * [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Toyota Bluetooth Presentation by Nomoto-san. ​
 +     * SPEC-3283 created as an epic to track all of the use cases. ​ Nomoto-san or Ohiwa-san will add new Jira tickets for each use case and link them to the epic. We can start to review off-line and review in the next connectivity meeting. ​
 +     * Link to presentation
 +     * Reviewed the registration use cases
 +   * 4/2 - Nomoto-san presented updated use cases and got feedback. ​
 +   * 4/16 - Nomoto-san reviewed the remaining use cases in the spreadsheet which was uploaded to SPEC-3283. Scott and Matt will add columns to the spreadsheet to respond with what should already be supported in the platform (and needs a UI update) vs what is new platform work. 
 +   * 4/30 - Review a little of the platform vs. app breakdown provided by Scott. Toyota will review off-line for the next meeting, Nomoto-san is working on sequence charts based on their work for the next meeting, Scott is concerned that trying to put the Denso-Ten API into AGL does not fit the application framework model and switching over to the Denso-Ten API would be a radical change for the AGL architecture. So we would like a statement of what the goal of using the Denso-Ten API is.  Ideally we would have a short presentation from Toyota and Denso-Ten on what the goals of the effort are and whether they intend to use the AGL App FW and turn in another direction. ​
 + 
 +
 +   * Discussed RHSA proposal to re-use the TI BT/Wifi chip from the KF board rather than the Qualcomm chip
 +     * TI chip has not worked well on the KF board and we have disabled it on the M3 and have not used it for H3 in months. ​
 +     * BT HFP - SCO audio not properly supported over UART on the WiLink 7/8. It uses PCM which is not generally supported. We have not tried to make a call using the KF BT due to these issues. ​ We are not sure if PipeWire will work, but we do know for sure that PulseAudio will not work. 
 +     * Antenna in KF design is terrible. The signal strength drops off even two feet away to be not usable. The antenna part of the KF design needs to be redesigned ​ if we use it in the RHSA board. ​
 +     * Scott will try out making calls using the KF BT chip to see if PipeWire works today on KF. 
 +     * 3/5 - Scott'​s testing revealed that the TI chip does not work and would require effort to get audio working, In light of that the SC decided to build the reference hardware with the Qualcomm chip and use the existing dongles for the initial development while we work with QC on a way to redistribute the firmware. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +       * 3/5 - Romain not on the call. Would like the CANOE DBC to JSON tool upstreamed or more fully developed for AGL (SPEC-3257)
 +       * 3/19 - Scott investigating CAN lock ups that are seen in the green machine demo unit. 
 +         * Some USB CAN Adapters ​
 +           * Thomas is using https://​www.fischl.de/​usbtin/​
 +           * Scott is using https://​www.digikey.ca/​product-detail/​en/​APGDT002/​APGDT002-ND/​2217607
 +       * 4/2 - Scott received from new hardware, but has been busy with dunfell upgrade.
 +       * 4/16 - Nothing to report from Scott, Thomas is working on a conversion tool from Canoe DBC to AGL JSON and has had some success with the first message. ​
 +       * 4/30 - No updates
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +     * 3/5- No update on audio
 +     * 4/2 - No update on audio
 +
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements and reference device ​
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +     * 03/05 - Work stopped until additional requirements are received or someone makes additional contributions, ​
 +
 +
 +   * New radio/ tuner architecture (SPEC-3310)
 +     * 3/19 - Kusakabe-san has been busy with another hot project. Will wait another two weeks. ​
 +     * 4/2 - Kusakabe-san reviewed a document that was posted in [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-3311 | SPEC-3311]] that defines an example radio hardware block diagram. ​
 +
 +
 +New:
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +==== April 16, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Ohiwa, Thomas, Nomoto, Parth
 +
 +   * [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Toyota Bluetooth Presentation by Nomoto-san. ​
 +     * SPEC-3283 created as an epic to track all of the use cases. ​ Nomoto-san or Ohiwa-san will add new Jira tickets for each use case and link them to the epic. We can start to review off-line and review in the next connectivity meeting. ​
 +     * Link to presentation
 +     * Reviewed the registration use cases
 +   * 4/2 - Nomoto-san presented updated use cases and got feedback. ​
 +   * 4/16 - Nomoto-san reviewed the remaining use cases in the spreadsheet which was uploaded to SPEC-3283. Scott and Matt will add columns to the spreadsheet to respond with what should already be supported in the platform (and needs a UI update) vs what is new platform work. 
 + 
 +
 +   * Discussed RHSA proposal to re-use the TI BT/Wifi chip from the KF board rather than the Qualcomm chip
 +     * TI chip has not worked well on the KF board and we have disabled it on the M3 and have not used it for H3 in months. ​
 +     * BT HFP - SCO audio not properly supported over UART on the WiLink 7/8. It uses PCM which is not generally supported. We have not tried to make a call using the KF BT due to these issues. ​ We are not sure if PipeWire will work, but we do know for sure that PulseAudio will not work. 
 +     * Antenna in KF design is terrible. The signal strength drops off even two feet away to be not usable. The antenna part of the KF design needs to be redesigned ​ if we use it in the RHSA board. ​
 +     * Scott will try out making calls using the KF BT chip to see if PipeWire works today on KF. 
 +     * 3/5 - Scott'​s testing revealed that the TI chip does not work and would require effort to get audio working, In light of that the SC decided to build the reference hardware with the Qualcomm chip and use the existing dongles for the initial development while we work with QC on a way to redistribute the firmware. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +       * 3/5 - Romain not on the call. Would like the CANOE DBC to JSON tool upstreamed or more fully developed for AGL (SPEC-3257)
 +       * 3/19 - Scott investigating CAN lock ups that are seen in the green machine demo unit. 
 +         * Some USB CAN Adapters ​
 +           * Thomas is using https://​www.fischl.de/​usbtin/​
 +           * Scott is using https://​www.digikey.ca/​product-detail/​en/​APGDT002/​APGDT002-ND/​2217607
 +       * 4/2 - Scott received from new hardware, but has been busy with dunfell upgrade.
 +       * 4/16 - Nothing to report from Scott, Thomas is working on a conversion tool from Canoe DBC to AGL JSON and has had some success with the first message. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +     * 3/5- No update on audio
 +     * 4/2 - No update on audio
 +
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements and reference device ​
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +     * 03/05 - Work stopped until additional requirements are received or someone makes additional contributions, ​
 +
 +
 +   * New radio/ tuner architecture (SPEC-3310)
 +     * 3/19 - Kusakabe-san has been busy with another hot project. Will wait another two weeks. ​
 +     * 4/2 - Kusakabe-san reviewed a document that was posted in [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-3311 | SPEC-3311]] that defines an example radio hardware block diagram. ​
 +
 +
 +New:
 +
 +
 +
 +==== April 2, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Thomas, Nomoto, Kusakabe, Ohiwa, Michael, Tanikawa ​
 +
 +   * [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Toyota Bluetooth Presentation by Nomoto-san. ​
 +     * SPEC-3283 created as an epic to track all of the use cases. ​ Nomoto-san or Ohiwa-san will add new Jira tickets for each use case and link them to the epic. We can start to review off-line and review in the next connectivity meeting. ​
 +     * Link to presentation
 +     * Reviewed the registration use cases
 +   * 4/2 - Nomoto-san presented updated use cases and got feedback.  ​
 +
 +   * Discussed RHSA proposal to re-use the TI BT/Wifi chip from the KF board rather than the Qualcomm chip
 +     * TI chip has not worked well on the KF board and we have disabled it on the M3 and have not used it for H3 in months. ​
 +     * BT HFP - SCO audio not properly supported over UART on the WiLink 7/8. It uses PCM which is not generally supported. We have not tried to make a call using the KF BT due to these issues. ​ We are not sure if PipeWire will work, but we do know for sure that PulseAudio will not work. 
 +     * Antenna in KF design is terrible. The signal strength drops off even two feet away to be not usable. The antenna part of the KF design needs to be redesigned ​ if we use it in the RHSA board. ​
 +     * Scott will try out making calls using the KF BT chip to see if PipeWire works today on KF. 
 +     * 3/5 - Scott'​s testing revealed that the TI chip does not work and would require effort to get audio working, In light of that the SC decided to build the reference hardware with the Qualcomm chip and use the existing dongles for the initial development while we work with QC on a way to redistribute the firmware. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +       * 3/5 - Romain not on the call. Would like the CANOE DBC to JSON tool upstreamed or more fully developed for AGL (SPEC-3257)
 +       * 3/19 - Scott investigating CAN lock ups that are seen in the green machine demo unit. 
 +         * Some USB CAN Adapters ​
 +           * Thomas is using https://​www.fischl.de/​usbtin/​
 +           * Scott is using https://​www.digikey.ca/​product-detail/​en/​APGDT002/​APGDT002-ND/​2217607
 +       * 4/2 - Scott received from new hardware, but has been busy with dunfell upgrade.
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +     * 3/5- No update on audio
 +     * 4/2 - No update on audio
 +
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements and reference device ​
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +     * 03/05 - Work stopped until additional requirements are received or someone makes additional contributions, ​
 +
 +
 +   * New radio/ tuner architecture (SPEC-3310)
 +     * 3/19 - Kusakabe-san has been busy with another hot project. Will wait another two weeks. ​
 +     * 4/2 - Kusakabe-san reviewed a document that was posted in [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-3311 | SPEC-3311]] that defines an example radio hardware block diagram. ​
 +
 +
 +New:
 +
 +
 +
 +==== March 19, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Thomas, Nomoto, Abe, Kusakabe, Matt, Ohiwa, Ron Persky, Kurokawa, ​
 +
 +   * [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Toyota Bluetooth Presentation by Nomoto-san. ​
 +     * SPEC-3283 created as an epic to track all of the use cases. ​ Nomoto-san or Ohiwa-san will add new Jira tickets for each use case and link them to the epic. We can start to review off-line and review in the next connectivity meeting. ​
 +     * Link to presentation
 +     * Reviewed the registration use cases
 +
 +   * Discussed RHSA proposal to re-use the TI BT/Wifi chip from the KF board rather than the Qualcomm chip
 +     * TI chip has not worked well on the KF board and we have disabled it on the M3 and have not used it for H3 in months. ​
 +     * BT HFP - SCO audio not properly supported over UART on the WiLink 7/8. It uses PCM which is not generally supported. We have not tried to make a call using the KF BT due to these issues. ​ We are not sure if PipeWire will work, but we do know for sure that PulseAudio will not work. 
 +     * Antenna in KF design is terrible. The signal strength drops off even two feet away to be not usable. The antenna part of the KF design needs to be redesigned ​ if we use it in the RHSA board. ​
 +     * Scott will try out making calls using the KF BT chip to see if PipeWire works today on KF. 
 +     * 3/5 - Scott'​s testing revealed that the TI chip does not work and would require effort to get audio working, In light of that the SC decided to build the reference hardware with the Qualcomm chip and use the existing dongles for the initial development while we work with QC on a way to redistribute the firmware. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +       * 3/5 - Romain not on the call. Would like the CANOE DBC to JSON tool upstreamed or more fully developed for AGL (SPEC-3257)
 +       * 3/19 - Scott investigating CAN lock ups that are seen in the green machine demo unit. 
 +         * Some USB CAN Adapters ​
 +           * Thomas is using https://​www.fischl.de/​usbtin/​
 +           * Scott is using https://​www.digikey.ca/​product-detail/​en/​APGDT002/​APGDT002-ND/​2217607
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +     * 3/5- No update on audio
 +
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements and reference device ​
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +     * 03/05 - Work stopped until additional requirements are received or someone makes additional contributions, ​
 +
 +
 +   * We will look for a way to have Kusakabe-san present the Tuner API proposal he was going to make at the AMM using another format (Zoom?) in the near future.
 +     * 3/19 - Kusakabe-san has been busy with another hot project. Will wait another two weeks. ​
 +
 +
 +New:
 +
 +
 +
 +==== March 5, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Li, Kusakabe, Marat, Andrey, Leonid, Mikhail, Thomas
 +
 +   * Reviewed and updated the [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Discussed RHSA proposal to re-use the TI BT/Wifi chip from the KF board rather than the Qualcomm chip
 +     * TI chip has not worked well on the KF board and we have disabled it on the M3 and have not used it for H3 in months. ​
 +     * BT HFP - SCO audio not properly supported over UART on the WiLink 7/8. It uses PCM which is not generally supported. We have not tried to make a call using the KF BT due to these issues. ​ We are not sure if PipeWire will work, but we do know for sure that PulseAudio will not work. 
 +     * Antenna in KF design is terrible. The signal strength drops off even two feet away to be not usable. The antenna part of the KF design needs to be redesigned ​ if we use it in the RHSA board. ​
 +     * Scott will try out making calls using the KF BT chip to see if PipeWire works today on KF. 
 +     * 3/5 - Scott'​s testing revealed that the TI chip does not work and would require effort to get audio working, In light of that the SC decided to build the reference hardware with the Qualcomm chip and use the existing dongles for the initial development while we work with QC on a way to redistribute the firmware. ​
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +       * 3/5 - Romain not on the call. Would like the CANOE DBC to JSON tool upstreamed or more fully developed for AGL (SPEC-3257)
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +     * 3/5- No update on audio
 +
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements and reference device ​
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +     * 03/05 - Work stopped until additional requirements are received or someone makes additional contributions, ​
 +
 +New:
 +   * We will look for a way to have Kusakabe-san present the Tuner API proposal he was going to make at the AMM using another format (Zoom?) in the near future.
 +
 +
 +==== February 20, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Sekine, Tanikawa, Michael, Romain, Li, Fujiwara, Kusakabe, Kurokawa
 +
 +   * Reviewed and updated the [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Discussed RHSA proposal to re-use the TI BT/Wifi chip from the KF board rather than the Qualcomm chip
 +     * TI chip has not worked well on the KF board and we have disabled it on the M3 and have not used it for H3 in months. ​
 +     * BT HFP - SCO audio not properly supported over UART on the WiLink 7/8. It uses PCM which is not generally supported. We have not tried to make a call using the KF BT due to these issues. ​ We are not sure if PipeWire will work, but we do know for sure that PulseAudio will not work. 
 +     * Antenna in KF design is terrible. The signal strength drops off even two feet away to be not usable. The antenna part of the KF design needs to be redesigned ​ if we use it in the RHSA board. ​
 +     * Scott will try out making calls using the KF BT chip to see if PipeWire works today on KF. 
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +
 +   * Telematics reference device ​
 +     * 01/23
 +       * No update
 +     * 2/6 - No update
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +
 +New:
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +==== February 6, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Thomas, Scott, Kusakabe, Michael
 +
 +   * Reviewed and updated the [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +     * 2/6 - Updated the roadmap. ​
 +
 +   * Telematics reference device ​
 +     * 01/23
 +       * No update
 +     * 2/6 - No update
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +     * 02/06 - No feedback
 +
 +New:
 +  * Thomas showed us some of the work his students having doing with setting up a driving simulator to use AGL. Got some feedback on their usage of CAN and Bluetooth.  ​
 +  * Michael asked about the latest status of the LIN driver. Since the driver is working well they will close any open issues in Jira. 
 +
 +
 +
 +==== January 23, 2020 ====
 +Attendees: Jan-Simon, Michael, Sharath, Li, George ​
 +
 +   * Review [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2019 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +       * 7/11 - J1939 merged. Writing to CAN bus will be ready shortly. Icefish planning needs to be done. Will have an idea for next meeting. Candidates include SPEC-1381 and SPEC-2498. ​
 +       * 7/25 - For Icefish
 +         * Continue to improve J1939. ​
 +         * Maybe - Possible to change to the CAN message dictionary post-build time mand add those message to the low level CAN bus. Need to investigate to determine how much time is needed to do the work and whether it should be included as a requirement for the next SOW. 
 +         * Add general multi-packet message features to CAN. Already included in J1939, but might need to be added to general CAN messages. ​
 +       * 8/22 
 +         * low can low-level API might change a little (decoder/​encoder functions)
 +       * 9/5
 +         * Microchip adding a new LIN bus controller for the steering wheel and may need support for adding the signals. ​
 +         * Romain and team working to integrate improved J1939 and multi-packet support for CAN. 
 +       * 10/3
 +         * Discussed how to add steering wheel/ LIN support to Low CAN binding. Need 100 msec polling mechanism which is not generally supported. Whatever we do for CES will probably be non-generic hack. 
 +         * [[http://​carla.org | CARLA]] (Toyota simulator) - plan is for Denso-Ten to get it working for AGL. Kusakabe is asking Toyota for information on what needs to be done. 
 +         * Multi-packet support has been merged. Need to check on writing to CAN. 
 +       * 10/17 
 +         * Discussed LIN interface (see below)
 +         * CAN writing ok. 
 +         * CARLA simulator - no new information. ​
 +       * 11/28
 +         * CARLA (postponed for AMM)
 +         * halibut: low-level-can binding sync for halibut with master codebase
 +           * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-2976
 +         * master: plugin-infra and code fixes to be pushed soon. Target is morning of Dec 4th.
 +         * Comment from Scott: CANFD support - vcar sample changed to FD, non of the current demo HW is FD, so we might have to (partially) revert to non-FD. ​
 +           * https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​apps/​agl-service-can-low-level/​tree/​examples/​agl-vcar/​signals.json?​h=master#​n101
 +           * Scott will create JIRA, Romain will do fix in next patch round
 +       * 01/23
 +         * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
 +         * Otherwise no update
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +     * 7/25 - Taking a look at LG Bluetooth implementation. ​ Looking at multi-connection support in Conman for telematics use cases. Looking at forcing IP address with an ethernet connection. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update  ​
 +     * 9/5 - Bluetooth audio still an issue for 8.0.1.  ​
 +     * 10/3 - George has something working, but getting a lot of warnings. Debug in progress.
 +     * 11/28 
 +       * bt-pbap has a race condition
 +       * persistence service (all platform services) have an issue with the selected WORKDIR set to /tmp which means the persistence service will loose its file over reboot. ​
 +       * Matt Ranostay is looking at those
 +     * 01/23
 +       * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
 +         * Mediaplayer working (audio via bluetooth)
 +         * Phone needs work, issues with multiple mic inputs
 +         * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
 +         * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
 +
 +   * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification. ​
 +     * 4/18 - Nothing to report. T-Systems looking at identity binding and using NFC more extensively. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 11/28 -No update
 +     * 01/23 - No update
 +
 +   * Telematics reference device ​
 +     * 7/25 - Scott showed the telematics reference at ALS during his presentation. Conti showed interest in telematics at ALS. 
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - Discussed Connman feasibility ​ study and ideas for a Connman plug-in versus replacement or other ideas from Tier Ones. Added to Berlin F2F agenda. ​
 +     * 11/28
 +       * telematic demo platform ftbs on bbe (do_image_wic)
 +     * 01/23
 +       * No update
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +     * 01/23 - No feedback
 +
 +   * LIN Controller for Steering wheel. ​
 +     * 7/25 - Steering wheel received at Microchip this week. 
 +     * 8/22 - Waiting for info about connector from Suzuki
 +     * 9/5 - LIN controller software almost complete at Microchip. Waiting on connector. ​
 +     * 10/3 - See update above. ​
 +     * 10/17 - Scott has a plan for driving the LIN controller that uses the LIN config utility. ​ Longer term would like to drive it via the Low CAN interface. Works ok in Scott'​s set up at home, but did not work as well in the green machine, Will poke around the hardware next week in Monte Carlo to start to debug the hardware.
 +     * 11/28 - Events being generated, low-can part on its way, signal-compose and apps pending ​
 +     * 01/23 - All but one button is now routed into the CES demo 
 +       * volume, cruise control, speech ​
 +       * only todo: check all patches made it into master
 +       * declare victory - Tnx: Michael, Scott
 +
 +New:
 +  * 
 +
 +-------
 +
 +==== October 17, 2019 ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Romain, Kusakabe
 +
 +   * Review [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2019 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
 +
 +   * Vehicle Signaling
 +       * 7/11 - J1939 merged. Writing to CAN bus will be ready shortly. Icefish planning needs to be done. Will have an idea for next meeting. Candidates include SPEC-1381 and SPEC-2498. ​
 +       * 7/25 - For Icefish
 +         * Continue to improve J1939. ​
 +         * Maybe - Possible to change to the CAN message dictionary post-build time mand add those message to the low level CAN bus. Need to investigate to determine how much time is needed to do the work and whether it should be included as a requirement for the next SOW. 
 +         * Add general multi-packet message features to CAN. Already included in J1939, but might need to be added to general CAN messages. ​
 +       * 8/22 
 +         * low can low-level API might change a little (decoder/​encoder functions)
 +       * 9/5
 +         * Microchip adding a new LIN bus controller for the steering wheel and may need support for adding the signals. ​
 +         * Romain and team working to integrate improved J1939 and multi-packet support for CAN. 
 +       * 10/3
 +         * Discussed how to add steering wheel/ LIN support to Low CAN binding. Need 100 msec polling mechanism which is not generally supported. Whatever we do for CES will probably be non-generic hack. 
 +         * [[http://​carla.org | CARLA]] (Toyota simulator) - plan is for Denso-Ten to get it working for AGL. Kusakabe is asking Toyota for information on what needs to be done. 
 +         * Multi-packet support has been merged. Need to check on writing to CAN. 
 +       * 10/17 
 +         * Discussed LIN interface (see below)
 +         * CAN writing ok. 
 +         * CARLA simulator - no new information. ​
 +       * 11/28
 +         * CARLA (postponed for AMM)
 +         * halibut: low-level-can binding sync for halibut with master codebase
 +           * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-2976
 +         * master: plugin-infra and code fixes to be pushed soon. Target is morning of Dec 4th.
 +         * Comment from Scott: CANFD support - vcar sample changed to FD, non of the current demo HW is FD, so we might have to (partially) revert to non-FD. ​
 +           * https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​apps/​agl-service-can-low-level/​tree/​examples/​agl-vcar/​signals.json?​h=master#​n101
 +           * Scott will create JIRA, Romain will do fix in next patch round
 +
 +
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
 +     * 7/25 - Taking a look at LG Bluetooth implementation. ​ Looking at multi-connection support in Conman for telematics use cases. Looking at forcing IP address with an ethernet connection. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update  ​
 +     * 9/5 - Bluetooth audio still an issue for 8.0.1.  ​
 +     * 10/3 - George has something working, but getting a lot of warnings. Debug in progress.
 +     * 11/28 
 +       * bt-pbap has a race condition
 +       * persistence service (all platform services) have an issue with the selected WORKDIR set to /tmp which means the persistence service will loose its file over reboot. ​
 +       * Matt Ranostay is looking at those
 +
 +   * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification. ​
 +     * 4/18 - Nothing to report. T-Systems looking at identity binding and using NFC more extensively. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 11/28 -No update
 +
 +   * Telematics reference device ​
 +     * 7/25 - Scott showed the telematics reference at ALS during his presentation. Conti showed interest in telematics at ALS. 
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - Discussed Connman feasibility ​ study and ideas for a Connman plug-in versus replacement or other ideas from Tier Ones. Added to Berlin F2F agenda. ​
 +     * 11/28
 +       * telematic demo platform ftbs on bbe (do_image_wic)
 +
 +   * Telematics requirements
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through. ​
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time. 
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users). ​
 +     * Encryption of personal user data. 
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware. ​
 +     * 8/22 - No update
 +     * 9/5 - No update
 +     * 11/28 - No feedback
 +
 +   * LIN Controller for Steering wheel. ​
 +     * 7/25 - Steering wheel received at Microchip this week. 
 +     * 8/22 - Waiting for info about connector from Suzuki
 +     * 9/5 - LIN controller software almost complete at Microchip. Waiting on connector. ​
 +     * 10/3 - See update above. ​
 +     * 10/17 - Scott has a plan for driving the LIN controller that uses the LIN config utility. ​ Longer term would like to drive it via the Low CAN interface. Works ok in Scott'​s set up at home, but did not work as well in the green machine, Will poke around the hardware next week in Monte Carlo to start to debug the hardware.
 +     * 11/28 - Events being generated, low-can part on its way, signal-compose and apps pending ​
 +
 +New Business:
 +   * Discussion on how to relay incoming lin signal into new can message
 +
  
 ------- -------
eg-connectivity/meetings.1572919366.txt.gz ยท Last modified: 2019/11/05 02:02 by waltminer