User Tools

Site Tools


eg-connectivity:meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
eg-connectivity:meetings [2019/06/27 13:52]
waltminer
eg-connectivity:meetings [2019/07/11 13:37] (current)
waltminer
Line 18: Line 18:
  
 ==== July 11, 2019 ==== ==== July 11, 2019 ====
-Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// +Attendees: ​Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Romain, Kusakabe, Michael, 
 + 
 + * Review [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2018 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG 
 + 
 +   * Vehicle Signaling 
 +       * 4/4  
 +         * J1939 work continues. Plan is to make the HH release. Team is looking for J1939 CAN data for playback and testing.  
 +       * 4/18 
 +         * J1939 work continues. Subscription to J1939 in Low Level CAN binder is in progress. First drop RC1 or RC2 for HH.  
 +         * SPEC-2312 work in progress. Bug found in GG.  
 +       * 5/16 
 +         * J1939 work is in a sandbox, but not pushed to master yet. Requires kernel version 4.19 so testing has been taking place using QEMU. Need to check the kernel version that will be available with Renesas BSP version 3.19. Will need to make J1939 an optional feature prior to merging the sandbox due to the kernel issue.  
 +         * Romain pointed us to http://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​en/​master/​apis_services/​reference/​signaling/​3-Usage.html#​write-on-can-buses for documentation on how to write to the CAN bus.  
 +       * 6/27 - J1939 ready to be merged. Will be done for RC2. Bug fixes, improvements,​ and documentation are continuing for the next RC.  
 +       * 7/11 - J1939 merged. Writing to CAN bus will be ready shortly. Icefish planning needs to be done. Will have an idea for next meeting. Candidates include SPEC-1381 and SPEC-2498.  
 + 
 + 
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates 
 +     * 2/7 - rewrite of the bindings is complete 
 +     * 2/21 - New conmann being backported by Matt to fix the excessive scanning issues.  
 +     * 3/21 - Backport of connman complete. Working on Bluetooth pairing issue and making it more robust. Raquel looking at adding IP addresses to settings app.   
 +     * 4/18 - Raquel working on settings app. Matt looking at MAP support and messaging app. MAP not very well supported within Bluez.  
 +     * 5/16 - Raquel in progress on settings app. Waiting on Walt for an icon. Matt has an initial version MAP working.  
 +     * 6/13 - Raquel has been working on static IP address and ethernet address updates. Also noticed that Wifi signal strength was not working correctly. Will be uploading changes to gerrit for HH.  
 +     * 6/25 - Pretty much merged, except the UI change.  
 +     * 7/11 - Everything merged except UI change. Some bugs open that Raquel is looking at.  
 +   
 +   * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification.  
 +     * 4/18 - Nothing to report. T-Systems looking at identity binding and using NFC more extensively.  
 + 
 +   * Telematics reference device using built in modem support 
 +     * Minimal image being tested 
 +     * 3/21 - On hold due to thud uprev 
 +     * 4/4 - On hold for thud uprev.  
 +     * 4/18 - Scott is populating repos for both guppy and master. Looking at different modems.  
 +     * 5/16 - Scott testing telematics on guppy 7.0.2. Looking into Bluez and ophono support for multiple simultaneous connections. Probably will not work out of the box.   
 +     * 6/13 - Scott ordered new CAN adapters that should work better since they have drivers built into the kernel. Matt and Scott are working on a report of the issues that will be encountered using Bluez and ofono since there is a lot of work required to get them working for a wired modem as well as with the multiple phone use cases. Before we start on that work we really want to know if any Tier Ones or OEMs plan to use that architecture in production.  
 +     * 6/25 - Nothing to report. Scott busy with Pipewire and non-root updates to master.  
 +     * 7/11 - Scott bringing the demo set up to ALS next week. Will show in the booth. Looking at size reduction changes. Report on issues with Bluez and ofono will be ready for Tuesday'​s F2F meeting.  
 + 
 +   * Telematics requirements 
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through.  
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time.  
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users).  
 +     * Encryption of personal user data.  
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware.  
 + 
 + 
 +New Business: 
 +   * Michael needs to get the steering wheel from Suzuki to Karlsruhe. Should be easy to add to the existing LIN controller for HVAC. 
  
 ==== June 27, 2019 ==== ==== June 27, 2019 ====
eg-connectivity/meetings.txt · Last modified: 2019/07/11 13:37 by waltminer