User Tools

Site Tools


eg-connectivity:meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
eg-connectivity:meetings [2019/02/07 14:44]
waltminer
eg-connectivity:meetings [2019/04/04 13:30] (current)
waltminer
Line 5: Line 5:
 Conference Information:​ Conference Information:​
  
-Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. ​ +Join Zoom Meeting\\ 
-https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/254629557 ​+https://zoom.us/j/151930034
  
-You can also dial in using your phone. ​ 
  
 +Meeting ID: 151 930 034\\
 +Find your local number: https://​zoom.us/​u/​ameRude4a
  
-Access Code: 254-629-557 +-------
  
-| Australia: +61 2 9091 7603               | Austria: +43 7 2088 0716                   | +==== April 182019 ==== 
-| Belgium: +32 28 08 4372                    | Canada (Toll Free): 1 877 777 3281         | +Attendees//Upcoming Meeting// ​
-| Canada: +1 (647) 497-9380 ​                 | Denmark: +45 69 91 84 58                   | +
-| Finland: +358 931 58 1773                  | France: +33 170 950 590                    | +
-| Germany: +49 692 5736 7300                 | India (Toll Free): 18002669775 ​            | +
-| Ireland: +353 15 360 756                   | Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 65                  | +
-| Japan (Toll Free): 0 120 242 200           | KoreaRepublic of (Toll Free): 0806180880 | +
-| Netherlands:​ +31 208 080 759               | New Zealand: +64 9 974 9579                | +
-| Norway: +47 21 04 30 59                    | Spain: +34 931 76 1534                     | +
-| Sweden: +46 852 500 691                    | Switzerland:​ +41 435 0026 89               | +
-| United Kingdom: +44 20 3713 5011           | United States (Toll Free): 1 877 309 2070  | +
-| United States+1 (312) 757-3119 ​          ​| ​                                           |+
  
  
-Joining from video-conferencing room or system?  +==== April 4, 2019 ==== 
-Dial67.217.95.2##​254629557 ​ +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Eric, Jana Thodeti (Panasonic),​ Julian (Collabora),​ George, Michael, Chris, Shrikanth (Panasonic),​ Romain, Sebastien,  
-Cisco devices254629557@67.217.95.2 + 
 +   * Review [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2018 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG 
 +   
 +   * Vehicle Signaling 
 +     * 1/24 
 +         * CANFD completed and added in gerrit for GG. 
 +         * Plans for HH 
 +           * Adding multiframe capability  
 +           * Reference CAN message set 
 +           * J1939 support 
 +           * Signal composer improvements TBD  
 +           * Messaging sending optimizations - one shot versus constant messages 
 +       * 2/7  
 +         * Walt spoke to Paul Thieme of Purdue University who is working on agriculture projects and they are interested promoting AGL for ISO 11783 based on J1939 and displaying data to farm tractor operators.  
 +         * J1939 implementation is currently in development. Relies on multi-frame support for CAN. Investigating whether this can be completed for HH.  
 +         * Discussed how to send CAN data using the Signal Composer and Low Level CAN binding. Walt will create ​JIRA ticket to document the use cases.  
 +         * Kusakabe talked about how Denso-Ten will make additional use of the Signal Composer and Low Level CAN binding this year in their work on AGL.  
 +       * 2/21  
 +         * J1939 support underway. Will support J1939 multi-frame use case. General multi-frame can wait for additional requirements from OEMs or other protocols. 
 +       * 3/21 
 +         * Romain just returned from vacation. J1939 work continues.  
 +       * 4/4  
 +         * J1939 work continues. Plan is to make the HH release. Team is looking for J1939 CAN data for playback and testing.  
 + 
 + 
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates 
 +     * 2/7 - rewrite of the bindings is complete 
 +     * 2/21 - New conmann being backported by Matt to fix the excessive scanning issues.  
 +     * 3/21 - Backport of connman complete. Working on Bluetooth pairing issue and making it more robust. Raquel looking at adding IP addresses to settings app.   
 +   
 +   * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification.  
 +     * 1/24 - Reading the cards is ok. Still some issues with writing the tags with neard. Close to finishing this off once Scott get her the latest Identity agent changes.  
 +     * 2/7 - Raquel has the latest identity agent changes from Scott and fixing open issues. ​  
 +     * 2/21 - Identity agent changes tested and submitted to gerrit.  
 +     * 3/21 - NFC complete complete for now. Raquel documented some potential changes we can do in the event we get further requirements for changes in the future. Need to document how to create cards.  
 +     * 4/4 - Nothing to report.  
 + 
 +   * Telematics reference device using built in modem support 
 +     * Minimal image being tested 
 +     * 3/21 - On hold due to thud uprev 
 +     * 4/4 - On hold for thud uprev.  
 + 
 +   * Telematics requirements 
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phoneNeed to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through.  
 +     * Jana clarified the potential requirements for a silver box that there is the possibility for multiple network connections in a telematics device. Could be hardwired modem + Bluetooth telephony from a personal device + Wifi at the same time.  
 +     * Also possible for IVI system to have multiple Bluetooth phones connected to a silver box or IVI system and have to support multiple phone books (for one or separate users).  
 +     * Encryption of personal user data.  
 +     * Panasonic will think about reference hardware that can use for Telematics reference hardware.  
 + 
 + 
 +New Business: 
 + 
 + 
 +==== March 21, 2019 ==== 
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, George, Clement, Sebastien 
 + 
 +Roadmap for 2019  
 + 
 +   * Review [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2018 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG 
 +   
 +   * Vehicle Signaling 
 +     * 1/24 
 +         * CANFD completed and added in gerrit for GG. 
 +         * Plans for HH 
 +           * Adding multiframe capability  
 +           * Reference CAN message set 
 +           * J1939 support 
 +           * Signal composer improvements TBD  
 +           * Messaging sending optimizations - one shot versus constant messages 
 +       * 2/7  
 +         * Walt spoke to Paul Thieme of Purdue University who is working on agriculture projects and they are interested promoting AGL for ISO 11783 based on J1939 and displaying data to farm tractor operators 
 +         * J1939 implementation is currently in developmentRelies on multi-frame support for CAN. Investigating whether this can be completed for HH.  
 +         * Discussed how to send CAN data using the Signal Composer and Low Level CAN binding. Walt will create a JIRA ticket to document the use cases.  
 +         * Kusakabe talked about how Denso-Ten will make additional use of the Signal Composer and Low Level CAN binding this year in their work on AGL.  
 +       ​* ​2/21  
 +         * J1939 support underway. Will support J1939 multi-frame use case. General multi-frame can wait for additional requirements from OEMs or other protocols. 
 +       * 3/21 
 +         * Romain just returned from vacation. J1939 work continues.  
 + 
 + 
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates 
 +     * 2/7 - rewrite of the bindings is complete 
 +     * 2/21 - New conmann being backported by Matt to fix the excessive scanning issues.  
 +     * 3/21 - Backport of connman complete. Working on Bluetooth pairing issue and making it more robust. Raquel looking at adding IP addresses to settings app.   
 +   
 +   * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification.  
 +     * 1/24 - Reading the cards is ok. Still some issues with writing the tags with neard. Close to finishing this off once Scott get her the latest Identity agent changes.  
 +     * 2/7 - Raquel has the latest identity agent changes from Scott and fixing open issues. ​  
 +     * 2/21 - Identity agent changes tested and submitted to gerrit.  
 +     * 3/21 - NFC complete complete for now. Raquel documented some potential changes we can do in the event we get further requirements for changes in the future. Need to document how to create cards.  
 + 
 +   * Instrument Cluster  
 +     * Nothing to report. Some minor issues to fix with GG on the back burner due to thud uprev.  
 +     * 3/21 - Moved to Instrument Cluster EG 
 + 
 +   * Telematics reference device using built in modem support 
 +     * Minimal image being tested 
 +     * 3/21 - On hold due to thud uprev 
 + 
 +   * Telematics requirements 
 +     * Is there a use case for simultaneous connection of a hardwired phone and a Bluetooth phone? Need to check with OEMs on their system architecture. ​ If so presents and architecture complication that needs to be thought through.  
 + 
 + 
 +New Business: 
 + 
 +==== March 7, 2019 ==== 
 +Meeting canceled due to AMM 
 + 
 +==== February 21, 2019 ==== 
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Sebastien, Scott, Romain, Kusakabe, Michael 
 + 
 +Roadmap for 2019  
 + 
 +   * Review [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2018 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG 
 +   
 +   * Vehicle Signaling 
 +     * 1/24 
 +         * CANFD completed and added in gerrit for GG. 
 +         * Plans for HH 
 +           * Adding multiframe capability  
 +           * Reference CAN message set 
 +           * J1939 support 
 +           * Signal composer improvements TBD  
 +           * Messaging sending optimizations - one shot versus constant messages 
 +       * 2/7  
 +         * Walt spoke to Paul Thieme of Purdue University who is working on agriculture projects and they are interested promoting AGL for ISO 11783 based on J1939 and displaying data to farm tractor operators 
 +         * J1939 implementation is currently in developmentRelies on multi-frame support for CAN. Investigating whether this can be completed for HH.  
 +         * Discussed how to send CAN data using the Signal Composer and Low Level CAN binding. Walt will create a JIRA ticket to document the use cases.  
 +         * Kusakabe talked about how Denso-Ten will make additional use of the Signal Composer and Low Level CAN binding this year in their work on AGL.  
 +       ​* ​2/21  
 +         * J1939 support underway. Will support J1939 multi-frame use case. General multi-frame can wait for additional requirements from OEMs or other protocols. 
 + 
 + 
 +   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates 
 +     * 2/7 - rewrite of the bindings is complete 
 +     * 2/21 - New conmann being backported by Matt to fix the excessive scanning issues.  
 +   
 +   * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification.  
 +     * 1/24 - Reading the cards is ok. Still some issues with writing the tags with neard. Close to finishing this off once Scott get her the latest Identity agent changes.  
 +     * 2/7 - Raquel has the latest identity agent changes from Scott and fixing open issues. ​  
 +     * 2/21 - Identity agent changes tested and submitted to gerrit.  
 + 
 +   * Instrument Cluster  
 +     * Nothing to report. Some minor issues to fix with GG on the back burner due to thud uprev.  
 + 
 +   * Telematics reference device using built in modem support 
 +     * Minimal image being tested 
 + 
 +New Business:
  
-First GoToMeeting?​ Let's do a quick system check: ​ 
-https://​link.gotomeeting.com/​system-check ​ 
-------- 
  
 ==== February 7, 2019 ==== ==== February 7, 2019 ====
Line 1867: Line 2003:
  
  
-==== December 28, 2017 ==== +==== Pre-2018 Meeting minutes ====
-Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// +
-Cancel due to holidays.  +
- +
- +
-==== December 14, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Michael, Christian, Stephane, Sebastien, Romain, Matt +
- +
-Discuss on Dec 14 whether we need to have Dec 21 meeting.  +
-   * CES Demo +
-     * Kingfisher Advanced board proposed to be used. Late  October deliver expected from Shimafuji. IoT.bzh will start looking at their board to verify the in BSP and connectivity to the external modules.  +
-     * 11/2 - Kingfisher boards arrived in Yokohama. BSP in progress at IoT.bzh, but they are having issues because Cogent did a "proof of concept"​ BSP that is a fork of an older Renesas BSP and there is no easy way to port if to the current upstream Renesas BSP.  +
-     * 11/16 - Ongoing work in Yokohama +
-     * 11/30 - BSP being sorted out. Kingfisher being merged to master in meta-renesas-rcar-gen3 but there are a quite a few (60+) patches to be merged. Konsulko does not have the board, except for Scott. Backup plan to use ULCB with a bunch of USB dongles would still be a problem with BT audio for telephony. ​  +
- +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
-     * 11/2 - Work delayed because Romain was pulled into Window Manager effort. Concern that there is not a set of reference CAN messages or an reference app to make available as part of the release. Walt would like to get the code into EE to encourage people to start using it and we can fix any defects as they are found.  +
-     * 11/16 - No progress. Romain still working on Window Manager, HMI, XDG, etc effort.  +
-     * 11/30 - Romain did some work on the signal composer. Need to create a list of features and test apps available for EE.  +
-     * 12/14 - agl-service-signal-composer repo created. Romain pushed his code there. Need to make a recipe for RC5 to make it available for EE. Documentation will be updated on the web site as well.  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * 11/2 - Matt working on fixing the new UI pushed by ALPS. +
-       * 11/16 - Bluez/ALSA and ofono/​PulseAudio integrations needs to be completed for EE.   +
-       * 11/30 - Bluetooth audio for telephony is an issue on Renesas Gen3. TI with BT dongle on Eel works for old audio manager, but NOT 4a.  Neither case works for Gen3.  +
-       * 12/14 - See SPEC-1175 for details on KF board.  +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Move to a standalone service binding +
-       * Build out feature set for telephony (multipart call, phone book, reliability) +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Update to v2 and aligning verbs used between bindings.  +
-       * Work on moving to a standalone binding. +
-       * Looking into phone book profile +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Telephone binding now standalone.  +
-       * Working on verb syntax for bindings. Will discuss at the F2F in Yokohama next week. +
-       * Phone book and contact database investigations ongoing. Matt P. looking at best practices in other spaces (Android, etc.) +
-     * 9/7 - No update +
-     * 9/20 - Looking at regressions introduced in the pyro update to master.  +
-     * 10/5 - Matt looking at asynchronous events to the telephone QML app. Having issues with the SCO voice connection for HFP so Matt is working with Vayu rather ULCB.  +
-     * 11/2 - Everything is in except the cleanup to make it standalone. Asynchronous event handing code is in progress. Talked about whether/ how to make it generic in such a way to make it work with GUI toolkits other than Qt, but that is a much bigger job.  +
-     * 11/16 - Work completed on asynchronous event handling for telephony. +
-     * 12/14 - SCO issues with KF persist. See SPEC-1175 for any updates.  +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification.  +
-       * 10/5 - Will have binding for EE available. Still working on the exact solution whether it is user space (lib-nfc) or kernel driver (neard). Problems with getting data from "​random"​ chips since there a multitude of different RFID solutions out there. Should be ok for the demo case where we use known chips.  +
-       * 11/1 - First version released (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​nfc-binding) See the github page for a list of tags that have been tested. There have been issues with the ARC122U readers.  +
-       * 11/16 - No update +
-       * 11/30 - Stephane will push the latest binding to gerrit. Need to get the working reader and tags to Yokohama that will be shipped to Las Vegas. IoT.bzh will provide them.  +
-       * 12/14 - meta-nfc and other repos were created today. Work is progressing in Yokohama and France. ​  +
- +
-     * V2X Connectivity  +
-       * V2C EG proposed at San Jose F2F. In progress of forming that now.  +
-       * 10/5 - Want to kick off in Dresden. +
- +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-         * 10/5 - See above.  +
-         * 11/1 - On hold.  +
-         * 11/30 - On hold.  +
-         * 12/14 - On hold +
- +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * User profiles to allow authorized users to configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-       * For 2018 - evaluate usage of connman versus network manager/​modem manager for long-term especially for 4G and complex use cases.  +
- +
-Other: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: no update +
-     * Update 9/20 - Will need to retest for pyro to see if this is still an issue +
-     * Update 10/5 - No update +
- +
- +
-    * Look at open car for Honda bus information to pull together a steering wheel demo.  +
- +
-New: +
- +
-   * Plan for December meetings? +
-     * Cancel Dec 28.  +
- +
------------- +
- +
-==== November 30, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Romain, Matt, Stephane, Sebastien, Michael, Chris +
- +
-   * CES Demo +
-     * Kingfisher Advanced board proposed to be used. Late  October deliver expected from Shimafuji. IoT.bzh will start looking at their board to verify the in BSP and connectivity to the external modules.  +
-     * 11/2 - Kingfisher boards arrived in Yokohama. BSP in progress at IoT.bzh, but they are having issues because Cogent did a "proof of concept"​ BSP that is a fork of an older Renesas BSP and there is no easy way to port if to the current upstream Renesas BSP.  +
-     * 11/16 - Ongoing work in Yokohama +
-     * 11/30 - BSP being sorted out. Kingfisher being merged to master in meta-renesas-rcar-gen3 but there are a quite a few (60+) patches to be merged. Konsulko does not have the board, except for Scott. Backup plan to use ULCB with a bunch of USB dongles would still be a problem with BT audio for telephony. ​  +
- +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
-     * 11/2 - Work delayed because Romain was pulled into Window Manager effort. Concern that there is not a set of reference CAN messages or an reference app to make available as part of the release. Walt would like to get the code into EE to encourage people to start using it and we can fix any defects as they are found.  +
-     * 11/16 - No progress. Romain still working on Window Manager, HMI, XDG, etc effort.  +
-     * 11/30 - Romain did some work on the signal composer. Need to create a list of features and test apps available for EE.  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * 11/2 - Matt working on fixing the new UI pushed by ALPS. +
-       * 11/16 - Bluez/ALSA and ofono/​PulseAudio integrations needs to be completed for EE.   +
-       * 11/30 - Bluetooth audio for telephony is an issue on Renesas Gen3. TI with BT dongle on Eel works for old audio manager, but NOT 4a.  Neither case works for Gen3.  +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Move to a standalone service binding +
-       * Build out feature set for telephony (multipart call, phone book, reliability) +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Update to v2 and aligning verbs used between bindings.  +
-       * Work on moving to a standalone binding. +
-       * Looking into phone book profile +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Telephone binding now standalone.  +
-       * Working on verb syntax for bindings. Will discuss at the F2F in Yokohama next week. +
-       * Phone book and contact database investigations ongoing. Matt P. looking at best practices in other spaces (Android, etc.) +
-     * 9/7 - No update +
-     * 9/20 - Looking at regressions introduced in the pyro update to master.  +
-     * 10/5 - Matt looking at asynchronous events to the telephone QML app. Having issues with the SCO voice connection for HFP so Matt is working with Vayu rather ULCB.  +
-     * 11/2 - Everything is in except the cleanup to make it standalone. Asynchronous event handing code is in progress. Talked about whether/ how to make it generic in such a way to make it work with GUI toolkits other than Qt, but that is a much bigger job.  +
-     * 11/16 - Work completed on asynchronous event handling for telephony. +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification.  +
-       * 10/5 - Will have binding for EE available. Still working on the exact solution whether it is user space (lib-nfc) or kernel driver (neard). Problems with getting data from "​random"​ chips since there a multitude of different RFID solutions out there. Should be ok for the demo case where we use known chips.  +
-       * 11/1 - First version released (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​nfc-binding) See the github page for a list of tags that have been tested. There have been issues with the ARC122U readers.  +
-       * 11/16 - No update +
-       * 11/30 - Stephane will push the latest binding to gerrit. Need to get the working reader and tags to Yokohama that will be shipped to Las Vegas. IoT.bzh will provide them.  +
- +
-     * V2X Connectivity  +
-       * V2C EG proposed at San Jose F2F. In progress of forming that now.  +
-       * 10/5 - Want to kick off in Dresden. +
- +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-         * 10/5 - See above.  +
-         * 11/1 - On hold.  +
-         * 11/30 - On hold.  +
- +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * User profiles to allow authorized users to configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-       * For 2018 - evaluate usage of connman versus network manager/​modem manager for long-term especially for 4G and complex use cases.  +
- +
-Other: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: no update +
-     * Update 9/20 - Will need to retest for pyro to see if this is still an issue +
-     * Update 10/5 - No update +
- +
- +
-    * Look at open car for Honda bus information to pull together a steering wheel demo.  +
- +
-New: +
- +
-   * Plan for December meetings? +
- +
------ +
-==== November 16, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Christian, Michael, Romain, Sebastien, Matt +
- +
-Agenda: +
- +
-   * CES Demo +
-     * Kingfisher Advanced board proposed to be used. Late  October deliver expected from Shimafuji. IoT.bzh will start looking at their board to verify the in BSP and connectivity to the external modules.  +
-     * 11/2 - Kingfisher boards arrived in Yokohama. BSP in progress at IoT.bzh, but they are having issues because Cogent did a "proof of concept"​ BSP that is a fork of an older Renesas BSP and there is no easy way to port if to the current upstream Renesas BSP.  +
-     * 11/16 - Ongoing work in Yokohama ​  +
- +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
-     * Face to Face meeting to be held in Vannes on Sep 5 - 7 to work on vehicle signaling improvements for EE release.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: Pushing https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10107/​  +
-     * 8/24 - gerrit 10107 should be ready to merge. Vannes workshop on track for Sep 5 - 7. Romain organizing and will post the agenda on the wiki page.  +
-     * 9/7 - No update. The face to face meeting in Vannes is ongoing.  +
-     * 9/20 - Updates from Vannes is available. Reviewed the drawing. https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​afb-signal-composer/​blob/​sandbox/​claneys/​wip/​docs/​part-1/​pictures/​Global_Signaling_Architecture.png ​ Discussed possibility for automotive steering wheel components for the CES demo. See action item in below. ​  +
-     * 10/5 - Pre-alpha version of the binding is available in github (rawing. https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​afb-signal-composer). Will be available as part of the EE release.  +
-     * 11/2 - Work delayed because Romain was pulled into Window Manager effort. Concern that there is not a set of reference CAN messages or an reference app to make available as part of the release. Walt would like to get the code into EE to encourage people to start using it and we can fix any defects as they are found.  +
-     * 11/16 - No progress. Romain still working on Window Manager, HMI, XDG, etc effort.  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Performance and reliability of Bluetooth connections. Matt says partially due to binding implementations and partly in the demo UI.  +
-       * Autoconnect of paired devices. Currently requires user intervention to reconnect to paired devices.  +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Matt R. did updates on BT and fixed a bug (https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10595/​).  +
-       * Priorities of paired devices (but that is mostly UI).  +
-       * Cleanup of code while moving bindings to V2. +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Bindings now updated to v2.  +
-       * Telephony binding split out from the Bluetooth binding +
-     * 9/7 - No update.  +
-     * 9/20 - Looking at regressions introduced in the pyro update to master.  +
-     * 10/5 - No regressions noted on master for the DD functionality. Matt contacting ALPS about PBAP profile and what they are doing in that area.  +
-     * 11/2 - Matt working on fixing the new UI pushed by ALPS. +
-     * 11/16 - Bluez/ALSA and ofono/​PulseAudio integrations needs to be completed for EE.   +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Move to a standalone service binding +
-       * Build out feature set for telephony (multipart call, phone book, reliability) +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Update to v2 and aligning verbs used between bindings.  +
-       * Work on moving to a standalone binding. +
-       * Looking into phone book profile +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Telephone binding now standalone.  +
-       * Working on verb syntax for bindings. Will discuss at the F2F in Yokohama next week. +
-       * Phone book and contact database investigations ongoing. Matt P. looking at best practices in other spaces (Android, etc.) +
-     * 9/7 - No update +
-     * 9/20 - Looking at regressions introduced in the pyro update to master.  +
-     * 10/5 - Matt looking at asynchronous events to the telephone QML app. Having issues with the SCO voice connection for HFP so Matt is working with Vayu rather ULCB.  +
-     * 11/2 - Everything is in except the cleanup to make it standalone. Asynchronous event handing code is in progress. Talked about whether/ how to make it generic in such a way to make it work with GUI toolkits other than Qt, but that is a much bigger job.  +
-     * 11/16 - Work completed on asynchronous event handling for telephony. +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification.  +
-       * 10/5 - Will have binding for EE available. Still working on the exact solution whether it is user space (lib-nfc) or kernel driver (neard). Problems with getting data from "​random"​ chips since there a multitude of different RFID solutions out there. Should be ok for the demo case where we use known chips.  +
-       * 11/1 - First version released (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​nfc-binding) See the github page for a list of tags that have been tested. There have been issues with the ARC122U readers.  +
-       * 11/16 - No update +
- +
-     * V2X Connectivity  +
-       * V2C EG proposed at San Jose F2F. In progress of forming that now.  +
-       * 10/5 - Want to kick off in Dresden. +
- +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-         * 10/5 - See above.  +
-         * 11/1 - On hold.  +
- +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * User profiles to allow authorized users to configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-       * For 2018 - evaluate usage of connman versus network manager/​modem manager for long-term especially for 4G and complex use cases.  +
- +
-Other: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: no update +
-     * Update 9/20 - Will need to retest for pyro to see if this is still an issue +
-     * Update 10/5 - No update +
- +
- +
-    * Look at open car for Honda bus information to pull together a steering wheel demo.  +
- +
-New: +
- +
----- +
-==== November 2, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Romain, Stephane, Sebastien, Matt +
- +
-Agenda: +
- +
-   * CES Demo +
-     * Kingfisher Advanced board proposed to be used. Late  October deliver expected from Shimafuji. IoT.bzh will start looking at their board to verify the in BSP and connectivity to the external modules.  +
-     * 11/2 - Kingfisher boards arrived in Yokohama. BSP in progress at IoT.bzh, but they are having issues because Cogent did a "proof of concept"​ BSP that is a fork of an older Renesas BSP and there is no easy way to port if to the current upstream Renesas BSP.    +
- +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
-     * Face to Face meeting to be held in Vannes on Sep 5 - 7 to work on vehicle signaling improvements for EE release.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: Pushing https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10107/​  +
-     * 8/24 - gerrit 10107 should be ready to merge. Vannes workshop on track for Sep 5 - 7. Romain organizing and will post the agenda on the wiki page.  +
-     * 9/7 - No update. The face to face meeting in Vannes is ongoing.  +
-     * 9/20 - Updates from Vannes is available. Reviewed the drawing. https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​afb-signal-composer/​blob/​sandbox/​claneys/​wip/​docs/​part-1/​pictures/​Global_Signaling_Architecture.png ​ Discussed possibility for automotive steering wheel components for the CES demo. See action item in below. ​  +
-     * 10/5 - Pre-alpha version of the binding is available in github (rawing. https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​afb-signal-composer). Will be available as part of the EE release.  +
-     * 11/2 - Work delayed because Romain was pulled into Window Manager effort. Concern that there is not a set of reference CAN messages or an reference app to make available as part of the release. Walt would like to get the code into EE to encourage people to start using it and we can fix any defects as they are found.  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Performance and reliability of Bluetooth connections. Matt says partially due to binding implementations and partly in the demo UI.  +
-       * Autoconnect of paired devices. Currently requires user intervention to reconnect to paired devices.  +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Matt R. did updates on BT and fixed a bug (https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10595/​).  +
-       * Priorities of paired devices (but that is mostly UI).  +
-       * Cleanup of code while moving bindings to V2. +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Bindings now updated to v2.  +
-       * Telephony binding split out from the Bluetooth binding +
-     * 9/7 - No update.  +
-     * 9/20 - Looking at regressions introduced in the pyro update to master.  +
-     * 10/5 - No regressions noted on master for the DD functionality. Matt contacting ALPS about PBAP profile and what they are doing in that area.  +
-     * 11/2 - Matt working on fixing the new UI pushed by ALPS.  +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Move to a standalone service binding +
-       * Build out feature set for telephony (multipart call, phone book, reliability) +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Update to v2 and aligning verbs used between bindings.  +
-       * Work on moving to a standalone binding. +
-       * Looking into phone book profile +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Telephone binding now standalone.  +
-       * Working on verb syntax for bindings. Will discuss at the F2F in Yokohama next week. +
-       * Phone book and contact database investigations ongoing. Matt P. looking at best practices in other spaces (Android, etc.) +
-     * 9/7 - No update +
-     * 9/20 - Looking at regressions introduced in the pyro update to master.  +
-     * 10/5 - Matt looking at asynchronous events to the telephone QML app. Having issues with the SCO voice connection for HFP so Matt is working with Vayu rather ULCB.  +
-     * 11/2 - Everything is in except the cleanup to make it standalone. Asynchronous event handing code is in progress. Talked about whether/ how to make it generic in such a way to make it work with GUI toolkits other than Qt, but that is a much bigger job.  +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification.  +
-       * 10/5 - Will have binding for EE available. Still working on the exact solution whether it is user space (lib-nfc) or kernel driver (neard). Problems with getting data from "​random"​ chips since there a multitude of different RFID solutions out there. Should be ok for the demo case where we use known chips.  +
-       * 11/1 - First version released (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​nfc-binding) See the github page for a list of tags that have been tested. There have been issues with the ARC122U readers.  +
- +
-     * V2X Connectivity  +
-       * V2C EG proposed at San Jose F2F. In progress of forming that now.  +
-       * 10/5 - Want to kick off in Dresden. +
- +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-         * 10/5 - See above.  +
-         * 11/1 - On hold.  +
- +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * User profiles to allow authorized users to configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-       * For 2018 - evaluate usage of connman versus network manager/​modem manager for long-term especially for 4G and complex use cases.  +
- +
-Other: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: no update +
-     * Update 9/20 - Will need to retest for pyro to see if this is still an issue +
-     * Update 10/5 - No update +
- +
- +
-    * Look at open car for Honda bus information to pull together a steering wheel demo.  +
- +
-New: +
- +
- +
------ +
- +
-==== October 19, 2017 ==== +
-**Canceled due to Dresden AMM.** +
- +
------- +
- +
-==== October 5, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Matt, Stephane, Sebastien, Romain, Fulup, Frederic, Kusakabe +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * CES Demo +
-     * Kingfisher Advanced board proposed to be used. Late  October deliver expected from Shimafuji. IoT.bzh will start looking at their board to verify the BSP and connectivity to the external modules.  +
- +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
-     * Face to Face meeting to be held in Vannes on Sep 5 - 7 to work on vehicle signaling improvements for EE release.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: Pushing https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10107/​  +
-     * 8/24 - gerrit 10107 should be ready to merge. Vannes workshop on track for Sep 5 - 7. Romain organizing and will post the agenda on the wiki page.  +
-     * 9/7 - No update. The face to face meeting in Vannes is ongoing.  +
-     * 9/20 - Updates from Vannes is available. Reviewed the drawing. https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​afb-signal-composer/​blob/​sandbox/​claneys/​wip/​docs/​part-1/​pictures/​Global_Signaling_Architecture.png ​ Discussed possibility for automotive steering wheel components for the CES demo. See action item in below. ​  +
-     * 10/5 - Pre-alpha version of the binding is available in github (rawing. https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​afb-signal-composer). Will be available as part of the EE release.  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Performance and reliability of Bluetooth connections. Matt says partially due to binding implementations and partly in the demo UI.  +
-       * Autoconnect of paired devices. Currently requires user intervention to reconnect to paired devices.  +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Matt R. did updates on BT and fixed a bug (https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10595/​).  +
-       * Priorities of paired devices (but that is mostly UI).  +
-       * Cleanup of code while moving bindings to V2. +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Bindings now updated to v2.  +
-       * Telephony binding split out from the Bluetooth binding +
-     * 9/7 - No update.  +
-     * 9/20 - Looking at regressions introduced in the pyro update to master.  +
-     * 10/5 - No regressions noted on master for the DD functionality. Matt contacting ALPS about PBAP profile and what they are doing in that area.  +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Move to a standalone service binding +
-       * Build out feature set for telephony (multipart call, phone book, reliability) +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Update to v2 and aligning verbs used between bindings.  +
-       * Work on moving to a standalone binding. +
-       * Looking into phone book profile +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Telephone binding now standalone.  +
-       * Working on verb syntax for bindings. Will discuss at the F2F in Yokohama next week. +
-       * Phone book and contact database investigations ongoing. Matt P. looking at best practices in other spaces (Android, etc.) +
-     * 9/7 - No update +
-     * 9/20 - Looking at regressions introduced in the pyro update to master.  +
-     * 10/5 - Matt looking at asynchronous events to the telephone QML app. Having issues with the SCO voice connection for HFP so Matt is working with Vayu rather ULCB.  +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification.  +
-       * 10/5 - Will have binding for EE available. Still working on the exact solution whether it is user space (lib-nfc) or kernel driver (neard). Problems with getting data from "​random"​ chips since there a multitude of different RFID solutions out there. Should be ok for the demo case where we use known chips.  +
- +
-     * V2X Connectivity  +
-       * V2C EG proposed at San Jose F2F. In progress of forming that now.  +
-       * 10/5 - Want to kick off in Dresden. +
- +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-         * 10/5 - See above.  +
- +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * User profiles to allow authorized users to configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-       * For 2018 - evaluate usage of connman versus network manager/​modem manager for long-term especially for 4G and complex use cases.  +
- +
-Other: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: no update +
-     * Update 9/20 - Will need to retest for pyro to see if this is still an issue +
-     * Update 10/5 - No update +
- +
-New: +
-    * Look at open car for Honda bus information to pull together a steering wheel demo.  +
- +
-==== September 21, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Fulup, Michael, Milan, Stephane, Sebastien +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
-     * Face to Face meeting to be held in Vannes on Sep 5 - 7 to work on vehicle signaling improvements for EE release.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: Pushing https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10107/​  +
-     * 8/24 - gerrit 10107 should be ready to merge. Vannes workshop on track for Sep 5 - 7. Romain organizing and will post the agenda on the wiki page.  +
-     * 9/7 - No update. The face to face meeting in Vannes is ongoing.  +
-     * 9/20 - Updates from Vannes is available. Reviewed the drawing. https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​afb-signal-composer/​blob/​sandbox/​claneys/​wip/​docs/​part-1/​pictures/​Global_Signaling_Architecture.png ​ Discussed possibility for automotive steering wheel components for the CES demo. See action item in below. ​  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Performance and reliability of Bluetooth connections. Matt says partially due to binding implementations and partly in the demo UI.  +
-       * Autoconnect of paired devices. Currently requires user intervention to reconnect to paired devices.  +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Matt R. did updates on BT and fixed a bug (https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10595/​).  +
-       * Priorities of paired devices (but that is mostly UI).  +
-       * Cleanup of code while moving bindings to V2. +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Bindings now updated to v2.  +
-       * Telephony binding split out from the Bluetooth binding +
-     * 9/7 - No update.  +
-     * 9/20 - Looking at regressions introduced in the pyro update to master.  +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Move to a standalone service binding +
-       * Build out feature set for telephony (multipart call, phone book, reliability) +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Update to v2 and aligning verbs used between bindings.  +
-       * Work on moving to a standalone binding. +
-       * Looking into phone book profile +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Telephone binding now standalone.  +
-       * Working on verb syntax for bindings. Will discuss at the F2F in Yokohama next week. +
-       * Phone book and contact database investigations ongoing. Matt P. looking at best practices in other spaces (Android, etc.) +
-     * 9/7 - No update +
-     * 9/20 - Looking at regressions introduced in the pyro update to master.  +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-     * V2X Connectivity  +
-       * V2C EG proposed at San Jose F2F. In progress of forming that now.  +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * User profiles to allow authorized users to configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
- +
-Other: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: no update +
-     * Update 9/20 - Will need to retest for pyro to see if this is still and issue +
- +
-New: +
-    * Look at open car for Honda bus information to pull together a steering wheel demo.  +
---------- +
- +
-==== September 7, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Sebastien, Michael +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
-     * Face to Face meeting to be held in Vannes on Sep 5 - 7 to work on vehicle signaling improvements for EE release.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: Pushing https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10107/​  +
-     * 8/24 - gerrit 10107 should be ready to merge. Vannes workshop on track for Sep 5 - 7. Romain organizing and will post the agenda on the wiki page.  +
-     * 9/7 - No update. The face to face meeting in Vannes is ongoing.  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Performance and reliability of Bluetooth connections. Matt says partially due to binding implementations and partly in the demo UI.  +
-       * Autoconnect of paired devices. Currently requires user intervention to reconnect to paired devices.  +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Matt R. did updates on BT and fixed a bug (https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10595/​).  +
-       * Priorities of paired devices (but that is mostly UI).  +
-       * Cleanup of code while moving bindings to V2. +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Bindings now updated to v2.  +
-       * Telephony binding split out from the Bluetooth binding +
-     * 9/7 - No update.  +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Move to a standalone service binding +
-       * Build out feature set for telephony (multipart call, phone book, reliability) +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Update to v2 and aligning verbs used between bindings.  +
-       * Work on moving to a standalone binding. +
-       * Looking into phone book profile +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Telephone binding now standalone.  +
-       * Working on verb syntax for bindings. Will discuss at the F2F in Yokohama next week. +
-       * Phone book and contact database investigations ongoing. Matt P. looking at best practices in other spaces (Android, etc.) +
-     * 9/7 - No update +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-     * V2X Connectivity  +
-       * V2C EG proposed at San Jose F2F. In progress of forming that now.  +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * User profiles to allow authorized users to configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
- +
-Other: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: no update +
- +
-New: +
- +
--------- +
- +
-==== August 24, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Christian, Michael, Matt, Romain +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
-     * Face to Face meeting to be held in Vannes on Sep 5 - 7 to work on vehicle signaling improvements for EE release.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: Pushing https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10107/​  +
-     * 8/24 - gerrit 10107 should be ready to merge. Vannes workshop on track for Sep 5 - 7. Romain organizing and will post the agenda on the wiki page.  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Performance and reliability of Bluetooth connections. Matt says partially due to binding implementations and partly in the demo UI.  +
-       * Autoconnect of paired devices. Currently requires user intervention to reconnect to paired devices.  +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Matt R. did updates on BT and fixed a bug (https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10595/​).  +
-       * Priorities of paired devices (but that is mostly UI).  +
-       * Cleanup of code while moving bindings to V2. +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Bindings now updated to v2.  +
-       * Telephony binding split out from the Bluetooth binding +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Move to a standalone service binding +
-       * Build out feature set for telephony (multipart call, phone book, reliability) +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Update to v2 and aligning verbs used between bindings.  +
-       * Work on moving to a standalone binding. +
-       * Looking into phone book profile +
-     * Update 8/24 +
-       * Telephone binding now standalone.  +
-       * Working on verb syntax for bindings. Will discuss at the F2F in Yokohama next week. +
-       * Phone book and contact database investigations ongoing. Matt P. looking at best practices in other spaces (Android, etc.) +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-     * V2X Connectivity  +
-       * V2C EG proposed at San Jose F2F. In progress of forming that now.  +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * User profiles to allow authorized users to configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
- +
-Other: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: no update +
- +
-New: +
- +
- +
-------- +
- +
-==== August 10, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Jan-Simon, Romain, Christian, Michael +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
-     * Face to Face meeting to be held in Vannes on Sep 5 - 7 to work on vehicle signaling improvements for EE release.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: Pushing https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10107/​  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Performance and reliability of Bluetooth connections. Matt says partially due to binding implementations and partly in the demo UI.  +
-       * Autoconnect of paired devices. Currently requires user intervention to reconnect to paired devices.  +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Matt R. did updates on BT and fixed a bug (https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​10595/​).  +
-       * Priorities of paired devices (but that is mostly UI).  +
-       * Cleanup of code while moving bindings to V2. +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Move to a standalone service binding +
-       * Build out feature set for telephony (multipart call, phone book, reliability) +
-     * Update 10.8.:  +
-       * Update to v2 and aligning verbs used between bindings.  +
-       * Work on moving to a standalone binding. +
-       * Looking into phone book profile +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-     * V2X Connectivity  +
-       * V2C EG proposed at San Jose F2F. In progress of forming that now.  +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * User profiles to allow authorized users to configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
- +
-Other: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
-     * Update 10.8.: no update +
- +
-New: +
-   *  +
- +
-------- +
-==== July 27, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Kusakabe, Dennis, Matt +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * SPEC-428 - CAN low level binding will be included in DD. - Closed +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
-     * Face to Face meeting to be held in Vannes on Sep 5 - 7 to work on vehicle signaling improvements for EE release.  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Performance and reliability of Bluetooth connections. Matt says partially due to binding implementations and partly in the demo UI.  +
-       * Autoconnect of paired devices. Currently requires user intervention to reconnect to paired devices.  +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
-     * EE improvements +
-       * Move to a standalone service binding +
-       * Build out feature set for telephony (multipart call, phone book, reliability) +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-     * V2X Connectivity  +
-       * V2C EG proposed at San Jose F2F. In progress of forming that now.  +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * User profiles to allow authorized users to configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
- +
-Other: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
- +
-New: +
- +
------- +
- +
-==== July 13, 2017 ==== +
-Meeting ​cancelled due to [[agl-distro:​jul2017-f2f|F2F meeting in San Jose]] +
- +
------- +
- +
-==== June 29, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// +
- +
------- +
- +
-==== June 15, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Fulup, Kusakabe, Dennis +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * SPEC-428 - CAN low level binding will be included in DD.  +
-     * High Level ViWi Service available on github (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​high-level-viwi-service) +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * A2DP, HFP, AVRCP included in DD with reference apps.  +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Initial implementation in DD with reference phone app.  +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * Complete lower level stack through service binder for vehicle signaling especially CAN  +
-       * **Update 4/20**: discussed above +
-     * Telephony - need binder for ofono +
-       * **Update 4/20**: discussed above +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-       * **Update 4/20**: no update +
-       * Update 5/4 - No update +
-     * V2X Connectivity (add BoF to AMM) +
-       * **Update 4/20**: no update +
-       * Update 5/4 - No update +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * HFP  +
-         * need to connect audio to the board. Milan not sure how to do this with the BT dongle.  +
-         * Need service binder for ofono +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-       * A2DP - works.  +
-         * Update 5/4 - Matt R reported a problem with bluez crashing during streaming due to SMACK. SPEC-554 +
-       * AVRCP - Needs to be integrated into the media player +
-         * **Update 4/20**: - patches in gerrit for review 9077, 9121 +
-           * Matt Porter: non-binder version. version with binder post-ALS +
-           * Stephane: Question - why no binder? What are the issues? +
-           * Matt Porter: focus on functionality for demo before binders, some areas still in flux (audio) +
-         * Update 5/4 - changes merged from Matt R. Binder will be coming soon.  +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * **Update 5/4**: - no update +
-     * Documented networking and Bluetooth API for AGL for DD Release  +
-       * **Update 5/4**: - no update +
-     * Improved wifi and Bluetooth settings and management +
-       * Event based instead of polling +
-       * For the following items (and more) we should define the user cases we want to enable +
-       * Multiuser for BT and Wifi and connections. For example allowing access to BT device when a specific user(s) is in the vehicle.  +
-       * Multiple connection management (managing multiple remote devices and switching between them) for Wifi and BT.  +
-       * Basic security definition concerning who can configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-       * **Update 5/4**: - SPEC-528 https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​9057/​ , but no update on above  +
-     * We need to make sure we capture video of the Wifi and BT settings applications at the AMM to add to our video collection.  +
- +
-New: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
- +
-------- +
- +
-==== May 25, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Kurokawa, Matsuzawa +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Abbreviated meeting due to bank holiday in France and Germany.  +
- +
------- +
- +
-==== May 4, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Stephane, Romain, Fulup +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * SPEC-428 - CAN low level binding. <​del>​End of March delivery</​del>​  +
-     * Michael contacted Tobias about CAN simulator for AGL. K2L has different solutions so Tobias will contact us to let us know what is possible.  +
-     * Need CAN reference characterization from cockpit reference group +
-     * **Update 3/23** - Had a review of the IoT.bzh design and code that [[https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​CAN_signaling| is in github]]. ​ Based on the discussion we added some items to the F2F meeting agenda in Karlsruhe.  +
-     * **Update 4/20** - from F2F in KA +
-       * Iot.bzh Demo of on-going work (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​CAN_signaling) +
-       * Fujitsu-Ten approach to CAN signaling (Kusakabe)(20170402_ften_can_kusakabe_v2.pdf) +
-       * Romain: Work on filtering capabilities (~ next week) +
-       * Romain: discussion on CAN interface naming  +
-       * Inclusion of low-level can binder in platform for DD to be discussed in dev-call / SAT meeting (location? github or gerrit).  +
-       * Update 5/4 - Romain filtering capabilities will be in DD. A prototype version of ViWi will be available in DD. Low level API will be stable for DD. Question came up of how do we distribute the service to developers that want to use it or try it out.  At this time we do not have "​Store"​ so we discussed making it available to be built with the SDK for developers that want to use it. Should be kicked up to the SAT for further discussion on having a store available in EE.  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * Jan-Simon will create Jira issue for APs disappearing and assign to Stephane.  +
-     * **Update 4/20**: SPEC-531 https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-531 +
-     * Update 5/4 - Done for master. Needs to backported to Chinook.  +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Matt reports he is making some progress. Can connect a call, playing with echo cancellation.  +
-     * **Update 3/23** - Matt not on call. Nothing to report.  +
-     * **Update 4/20**: - PoC working, w/o echo cancellation,​ postponed due to volume management +
-       * on-track for ALS but initially w/o proper binder, proper binder after ALS +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * Complete lower level stack through service binder for vehicle signaling especially CAN  +
-       * **Update 4/20**: discussed above +
-     * Telephony - need binder for ofono +
-       * **Update 4/20**: discussed above +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-       * **Update 4/20**: no update +
-       * Update 5/4 - No update +
-     * V2X Connectivity (add BoF to AMM) +
-       * **Update 4/20**: no update +
-       * Update 5/4 - No update +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * HFP  +
-         * need to connect audio to the board. Milan not sure how to do this with the BT dongle.  +
-         * Need service binder for ofono +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-       * A2DP - works.  +
-         * Update 5/4 - Matt R reported a problem with bluez crashing during streaming due to SMACK. SPEC-554 +
-       * AVRCP - Needs to be integrated into the media player +
-         * **Update 4/20**: - patches in gerrit for review 9077, 9121 +
-           * Matt Porter: non-binder version. version with binder post-ALS +
-           * Stephane: Question - why no binder? What are the issues? +
-           * Matt Porter: focus on functionality for demo before binders, some areas still in flux (audio) +
-         * Update 5/4 - changes merged from Matt R. Binder will be coming soon.  +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * **Update 5/4**: - no update +
-     * Documented networking and Bluetooth API for AGL for DD Release  +
-       * **Update 5/4**: - no update +
-     * Improved wifi and Bluetooth settings and management +
-       * Event based instead of polling +
-       * For the following items (and more) we should define the user cases we want to enable +
-       * Multiuser for BT and Wifi and connections. For example allowing access to BT device when a specific user(s) is in the vehicle.  +
-       * Multiple connection management (managing multiple remote devices and switching between them) for Wifi and BT.  +
-       * Basic security definition concerning who can configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-       * **Update 5/4**: - SPEC-528 https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​9057/​ , but no update on above  +
-     * We need to make sure we capture video of the Wifi and BT settings applications at the AMM to add to our video collection.  +
- +
-New: +
-   * SPEC-490 - IPv6 support. Is this a problem across all of the BSPs?  Stephane waiting for updated BSP from Renesas (2.19) to retest.  +
- +
- +
------- +
- +
-==== April 20, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Jan-Simon, Matt, Stephane, Romain, Kusakabe-san,​ Chris, Michael +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * SPEC-428 - CAN low level binding. End of March delivery  +
-     * Michael contacted Tobias about CAN simulator for AGL. K2L has different solutions so Tobias will contact us to let us know what is possible.  +
-     * Need CAN reference characterization from cockpit reference group +
-     * **Update 3/23** - Had a review of the IoT.bzh design and code that [[https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​CAN_signaling| is in github]]. ​ Based on the discussion we added some items to the F2F meeting agenda in Karlsruhe.  +
-     * **Update 4/20** - from F2F in KA +
-       * Iot.bzh Demo of on-going work (https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​CAN_signaling) +
-       * Fujitsu-Ten approach to CAN signaling (Kusakabe)(20170402_ften_can_kusakabe_v2.pdf) +
-       * Romain: Work on filtering capabilities (~ next week) +
-       * Romain: discussion on CAN interface naming  +
-       * Inclusion of low-level can binder in platform for DD to be discussed in dev-call / SAT meeting (location? github or gerrit).  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * Jan-Simon will create Jira issue for APs disappearing and assign to Stephane.  +
-     * **Update 4/20**: SPEC-531 https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-531 +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Matt reports he is making some progress. Can connect a call, playing with echo cancellation.  +
-     * **Update 3/23** - Matt not on call. Nothing to report.  +
-     * **Update 4/20**: - PoC working, w/o echo cancellation,​ postponed due to volume management +
-       * on-track for ALS but initially w/o proper binder, proper binder after ALS +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * Complete lower level stack through service binder for vehicle signaling especially CAN  +
-       * **Update 4/20**: discussed above +
-     * Telephony - need binder for ofono +
-       * **Update 4/20**: discussed above +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-       * **Update 4/20**: no update +
-     * V2X Connectivity (add BoF to AMM) +
-       * **Update 4/20**: no update +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * HFP  +
-         * need to connect audio to the board. Milan not sure how to do this with the BT dongle.  +
-         * Need service binder for ofono +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-       * A2DP - works. Need to check integration with audio manager. Dennis working with Matt on getting this work. Not having much luck at this point.  +
-       * AVRCP - Needs to be integrated into the media player +
-         * **Update 4/20**: - patches in gerrit for review 9077, 9121 +
-           * Matt Porter: non-binder version. version with binder post-ALS +
-           * Stephane: Question - why no binder? What are the issues? +
-           * Matt Porter: focus on functionality for demo before binders, some areas still in flux (audio) +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-       * **Update 4/20**: - no update +
-     * Documented networking and Bluetooth API for AGL for DD Release  +
-       * **Update 4/20**: - no update +
-     * Improved wifi and Bluetooth settings and management +
-       * Event based instead of polling +
-       * For the following items (and more) we should define the user cases we want to enable +
-       * Multiuser for BT and Wifi and connections. For example allowing access to BT device when a specific user(s) is in the vehicle.  +
-       * Multiple connection management (managing multiple remote devices and switching between them) for Wifi and BT.  +
-       * Basic security definition concerning who can configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-       * **Update 4/20**: - https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​9057/​ , but no update on above  +
-     * We need to make sure we capture video of the Wifi and BT settings applications at the AMM to add to our video collection.  +
- +
-New: +
-  +
- +
-------- +
- +
-==== March 23, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Stephane, Michael, Kusakabe +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * SPEC-428 - CAN low level binding. End of March delivery  +
-     * Michael contacted Tobias about CAN simulator for AGL. K2L has different solutions so Tobias will contact us to let us know what is possible.  +
-     * Need CAN reference characterization from cockpit reference group +
-     * **Update 3/23** - Had a review of the IoT.bzh design and code that [[https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​CAN_signaling| is in github]]. ​ Based on the discussion we added some items to the F2F meeting agenda in Karlsruhe.  +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * Jan-Simon will create Jira issue for APs disappearing and assign to Stephane.  +
-     * **Update 3/23** - No Jira yet? +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Matt reports he is making some progress. Can connect a call, playing with echo cancellation.  +
-     * **Update 3/23** - Matt not on call. Nothing to report.  +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * Complete lower level stack through service binder for vehicle signaling especially CAN  +
-     * Telephony - need binder for ophono +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-     * V2X Connectivity (add BoF to AMM) +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * HFP  +
-         * need to connect audio to the board. Milan not sure how to do this with the BT dongle.  +
-         * Need service binder for ophono +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-       * A2DP - works. Need to check integration with audio manager. Dennis working with Matt on getting this work. Not having much luck at this point.  +
-       * AVRCP - Needs to be integrated into the media player +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-     * Documented networking and Bluetooth API for AGL for DD Release  +
-     * Improved wifi and Bluetooth settings and management +
-       * Event based instead of polling +
-       * For the following items (and more) we should define the user cases we want to enable +
-       * Multiuser for BT and Wifi and connections. For example allowing access to BT device when a specific user(s) is in the vehicle.  +
-       * Multiple connection management (managing multiple remote devices and switching between them) for Wifi and BT.  +
-       * Basic security definition concerning who can configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-     * We need to make sure we capture video of the Wifi and BT settings applications at the AMM to add to our video collection.  +
-     * Add Connectivity EG meeting on Feb 10 at AMM +
- +
-------- +
- +
-==== March 9, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Stephane, Matsuzawa, Jan-Simon, Jens, Matt, Michael, Soya +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Vehicle Signaling +
-     * SPEC-428 - CAN low level binding. End of March delivery  +
-     * Michael contacted Tobias about CAN simulator for AGL. K2L has different solutions so Tobias will contact us to let us know what is possible.  +
-     * Need CAN reference characterization from cockpit reference group +
- +
-   * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates +
-     * Jan-Simon will create Jira issue for APs disappearing and assign to Stephane.  +
- +
-   * Telephony Updates +
-     * Matt reports he is making some progress. Can connect a call, playing with echo cancellation.  +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * Complete lower level stack through service binder for vehicle signaling especially CAN  +
-     * Telephony - need binder for ophono +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-     * V2X Connectivity (add BoF to AMM) +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * HFP  +
-         * need to connect audio to the board. Milan not sure how to do this with the BT dongle.  +
-         * Need service binder for ophono +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-       * A2DP - works. Need to check integration with audio manager. Dennis working with Matt on getting this work. Not having much luck at this point.  +
-       * AVRCP - Needs to be integrated into the media player +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-     * Documented networking and Bluetooth API for AGL for DD Release  +
-     * Improved wifi and Bluetooth settings and management +
-       * Event based instead of polling +
-       * For the following items (and more) we should define the user cases we want to enable +
-       * Multiuser for BT and Wifi and connections. For example allowing access to BT device when a specific user(s) is in the vehicle.  +
-       * Multiple connection management (managing multiple remote devices and switching between them) for Wifi and BT.  +
-       * Basic security definition concerning who can configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-     * We need to make sure we capture video of the Wifi and BT settings applications at the AMM to add to our video collection.  +
-     * Add Connectivity EG meeting on Feb 10 at AMM +
- +
-------- +
-==== January 26, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Fulup, Soya, Stephane, Srimaldia, Milan, Dennis, Michael, Chris +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * IoT.bzh and Microchip had a workshop last week in Karlsruhe to discuss app framework, app developments,​ and vehicle signaling +
-     * Fulup will present proposal at the AMM in two weeks and the document on docs site will be updated after getting feedback.  +
-     * Created new project for upcoming work to be tracked as part of the roadmap. SPEC-428 +
- +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * Complete lower level stack through service binder for vehicle signaling especially CAN  +
-     * Telephony - need binder for ophono +
-     * NFC - Use of NFC for user identification +
-     * V2X Connectivity (add BoF to AMM) +
-     * Bluetooth profiles - +
-       * HFP  +
-         * need to connect audio to the board. Milan not sure how to do this with the BT dongle.  +
-         * Need service binder for ophono +
-       * Phone book/​contacts +
-       * A2DP - works. Need to check integration with audio manager. Dennis working with Matt on getting this work. Not having much luck at this point.  +
-       * AVRCP - Needs to be integrated into the media player +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-     * Documented networking and Bluetooth API for AGL for DD Release  +
-     * Improved wifi and Bluetooth settings and management +
-       * Event based instead of polling +
-       * For the following items (and more) we should define the user cases we want to enable +
-       * Multiuser for BT and Wifi and connections. For example allowing access to BT device when a specific user(s) is in the vehicle.  +
-       * Multiple connection management (managing multiple remote devices and switching between them) for Wifi and BT.  +
-       * Basic security definition concerning who can configure Wifi and BT +
-       * Support for additional wifi dongles and modes. Currently station mode only.  +
-     * We need to make sure we capture video of the Wifi and BT settings applications at the AMM to add to our video collection.  +
-     * Add Connectivity EG meeting on Feb 10 at AMM +
- +
-------- +
- +
-==== January 12, 2017 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Soya, Stephane +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * IoT.bzh and Microchip having a workshop next week in Karlsruhe to discuss app framework, app developments,​ and vehicle signaling +
-   * Roadmap items +
-     * Complete lower level stack through service binder for vehicle signaling especially CAN  +
-     * Telephony +
-     * NFC +
-     * V2X Connectivity +
-     * Bluetooth profiles? +
-     * General network connectivity above connman to manage connectivity including bridging, tethering, network QOS and switching +
-     * Improved wifi and Bluetooth settings and management +
- +
- +
---------- +
- +
-==== December 1, 2016 ==== +
-//Upcoming Meeting// +
-Attendees:​ +
- +
-Agenda: +
- +
-Agenda: +
-   * BT/Wifi Dongles for CES - Any issues? +
- +
-   * Bluetooth issues for CES? +
-   * Wifi issues for CES? +
- +
-   * Vehicle messaging solution for AGL -  +
-   * Microchip working on integrating their proposed solution with the App Framework so that it is seamless to the apps if the vehicle data or controls are on MOST, CAN, etc.  +
-   * ** Update - IoT has posted their documentation for signalling to the wiki which will remove AMB as a component. Yury to review and then determine how to rework HVAC. Need to ask Tanikawa-san if the request for vehicle speed data from CAN is to use a software module on the AGL system or a real CAN device. Can follow up on dev call on Tuesday. ** +
-     * Audio - Tobias is now working full-time on the audio solution. Looking for a PulseAudio GUI to demonstrate usage of audio in a optical way. Walt will ask Scott Murray about this. +
-     * Working on some seamless audio controls for MOST and audio in general for automotive +
-     * ** Update 11/3 - Matt Porter reported that [[https://​github.com/​lxde/​pavucontrol-qt | pavucontrol]] would be a good way to make the sliders available for audio control. Jan-Simon showed this recipe is available. ​  ​https://​layers.openembedded.org/​layerindex/​recipe/​53088/​ ** +
- +
-   * Microchip asked about threat list for security blueprint. ** Still waiting ** +
- +
--------- +
-==== November 17, 2016 ==== +
-Canceled - Yokohama F2F meeting +
- +
- +
-==== November 3, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Matt, Denis, Michael, Chris, Yury, Tobias, Bai +
- +
-Agenda: +
-   * Bluez, Connman compatibility for Yocto 2.1 - not discussed. ALPS will focus on Wifi for now and Bluetooth maybe if time allows. Need to make sure we have someone looking at Bluetooth since a few apps proposed for CES require Bluetooth.  +
-     ​* ​ ALPS agreed to work on Bluetooth integration which supports discovery and audio connections. Will use a USB dongle (TBD which one) for those platforms that do not have Bluetooth on board. +
-     * ** Update 11/3 - For boards without Bluetooth built-in we are using a commercially available USB dongle [[https://​www.amazon.com/​ASUS-USB-Adapter-Bluetooth-USB-BT400/​dp/​B00DJ83070 | ASUS USB-BT400 Adapter ]] ** +
-     * Need to investigate if the drivers can be released as part of the AGL.  +
- +
-   * ALPS BT/Wifi module - commercial availability and FCC Certification - switching to commercially available dongle. ** Ishikawa will ask Imamura about acquiring the listed dongles, Another option would be to have Nori purchase some of the recommended dongles prior to the F2F meeting in Yokohama so NTT Data MSE can try those out. ** +
- +
-   * Vehicle messaging solution for AGL -  +
-   * Microchip working on integrating their proposed solution with the App Framework so that it is seamless to the apps if the vehicle data or controls are on MOST, CAN, etc.  +
-   * ** Update - IoT has posted their documentation for signalling to the wiki which will remove AMB as a component. Yury to review and then determine how to rework HVAC. Need to ask Tanikawa-san if the request for vehicle speed data from CAN is to use a software module on the AGL system or a real CAN device. Can follow up on dev call on Tuesday. ** +
-     * Audio - Tobias is now working full-time on the audio solution. Looking for a PulseAudio GUI to demonstrate usage of audio in a optical way. Walt will ask Scott Murray about this. +
-     * Working on some seamless audio controls for MOST and audio in general for automotive +
-     * ** Update 11/3 - Matt Porter reported that [[https://​github.com/​lxde/​pavucontrol-qt | pavucontrol]] would be a good way to make the sliders available for audio control. Jan-Simon showed this recipe is available. ​  ​https://​layers.openembedded.org/​layerindex/​recipe/​53088/​ ** +
- +
-   * SDL - Walt needs to set up separate call with Vitus. Two different companies working on CES demos (Livio and Elektrobit) +
-   * Security topics and possible Microchip presentation. ** Sent Irdeto slides from AMM to Michael and they will be posted on the AMM event site. ** +
-   * Microchip asked about threat list for security blueprint. ** Still waiting ** +
- +
-==== October 20, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Michael, Christian, Sri Maldia, Milan, Ishikawa +
- +
-Agenda: +
-   * Bluez, Connman compatibility for Yocto 2.1 - not discussed. ALPS will focus on Wifi for now and Bluetooth maybe if time allows. Need to make sure we have someone looking at Bluetooth since a few apps proposed for CES require Bluetooth. ** ALPS agreed to work on Bluetooth integration which supports discovery and audio connections. Will use a USB dongle (TBD which one) for those platforms that do not have Bluetooth on board.** +
-   * ALPS BT/Wifi module - commercial availability and FCC Certification - switching to commercially available dongle. ** Ishikawa will ask Imamura about acquiring the listed dongles, Another option would be to have Nori purchase some of the recommended dongles prior to the F2F meeting in Yokohama so NTT Data MSE can try those out. ** +
- +
-   * Vehicle messaging solution for AGL - ** Tobias is now working full-time on the audio solution. Looking for a PulseAudio GUI to demonstrate usage of audio in a optical way. Walt will ask Scott Murray about this. ** +
-     * Microchip working on integrating their proposed solution with the App Framework so that it is seamless to the apps if the vehicle data or controls are on MOST, CAN, etc.  +
-     * Working on some seamless audio controls for MOST and audio in general for automotive +
- +
-   * SDL - Walt needs to set up separate call with Vitus +
-   * Security topics and possible Microchip presentation. ** Sent Irdeto slides from AMM to Michael and they will be posted on the AMM event site. ** +
-   * Microchip asked about threat list for security blueprint. ** Still waiting ** +
- +
- +
-==== October 6, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Michael, Christian, Tobias, Sri Maldia, Milan, Imamura, Ishikawa +
- +
-Agenda: +
-   * Bluez, Connman compatibility for Yocto 2.1 - not discussed. ALPS will focus on Wifi for now and Bluetooth maybe if time allows. Need to make sure we have someone looking at Bluetooth since a few apps proposed for CES require Bluetooth.  +
-   * ALPS BT/Wifi module - commercial availability and FCC Certification - switching to commercially available dongle.  +
-   * ALPS recommends using the Wifi dongles: ​  ​TL-WN722N , RTL8192 , or CLS Ralink RT5572. All are commercially available and will simplify the process of getting ready for CES.  +
-   * NTT Data MSE is using an NEC dongle for their Miracast demo. They will share the information on which one they are using and ALPS offered to use that one as well.  +
- +
-   * Vehicle messaging solution for AGL - ** Walt will add time on the F2F agenda to discuss. ** +
-     * Microchip working on integrating their proposed solution with the App Framework so that it is seamless to the apps if the vehicle data or controls are on MOST, CAN, etc.  +
-     * Working on some seamless audio controls for MOST and audio in general for automotive +
- +
-   * SDL - Walt needs to set up separate call with Vitus +
-   * Security topics and possible Microchip presentation. ** Sent Irdeto slides from AMM to Michael and they will be posted on the AMM event site. ** +
- +
-   * Open discussion +
-     * Microchip asked about threat list for security blueprint. +
- +
- +
-==== September 21, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Christian, Michael +
- +
-Agenda: +
-   * Bluez, Connman compatibility for Yocto 2.1 - not discussed +
-   * ALPS BT/Wifi module - commercial availability and FCC Certification - not discussed +
-   * Vehicle messaging solution for AGL +
-     * Microchip working on integrating their proposed solution with the App Framework so that it is seamless to the apps if the vehicle data or controls are on MOST, CAN, etc.  +
-     * Working on some seamless audio controls for MOST and audio in general for automotive +
-   * SDL - Walt needs to set up separate call with Vitus +
-   * Open discussion +
-     * Security topics and possible Microchip presentation. Need to get Irdeto slides from AMM.  +
- +
-==== September 7, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Michael, Fulup, Vitus, Sri Maldia, Milan, Ahmed, Hiroshi Miura, Hiroto, Keisuke +
- +
-Agenda: +
-   * ALPS conman apps for next demo +
-     * Bluez 4 is compatible with connman. Bluez 5 is not.  +
-     * Bluez 5 is current Yocto 2.1 solution +
-     * ALPS BT/Wifi module UGKZ7 is the one they have in mind.  +
-       * Not commercially available (automotive Tier 1 specific) would need to request samples from ALPS +
-     * Is there a commercial module we can use instead? +
-   * Did some updating of the demo spec and showed some of the AGL requirements spec.  +
-   * Vehicle messaging solution for AGL (AMB or competing solution) +
-   * SDL Investigation - Vitus can make a presentation at a future meeting on his investigation. Walt will set up a meeting especially dedicated to SDL topics and invite the AGL community.  +
-   * OpenXC for CAN +
-   * Discussion +
- +
- +
-==== August 25, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Stephane, Fulup, Sri Maldia, Milan +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Discussed ALPS proposal on Connman and interfacing to the application framework. Need to push the email conversation to the public list. One question is how do we document the APIs. Led to discussion on OpenAPI collab project within the LF.  +
-   * Walt to arrange meeting with OpenAPI folks from LF. Meeting to determine where they are going with version 3 of OpenAPI and how we could work together. Team is very interested in the automatic testing capability of the tool, maybe less so with code generation until we see how well it works.  +
-   * Investigation into GENIVI, Tizen IVI, SDL, and RVI connectivity APIs would be beneficial to see what we can reuse. RVI includes V2V APIs and vehicle to server. SDL includes phone to car communications. Fulup will write up a Jira issue.  +
-   * OpenXC - Fulup asked if Walt or Dan have some contacts at Ford that we can work with.  +
- +
- +
- +
-==== August 18, 2016 ==== +
-Meeting Canceled - change to biweekly +
- +
- +
-==== August 11, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Chris, Michael, Bai +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Yuri needs to pull in gerrit change 6337 to properly enable keyboard input. Michael will communicate that to him.  +
-   * Canceled the meeting for next week.  +
- +
- +
--------- +
- +
-==== August 4, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Michael, Sri Maldia +
- +
-Notes: +
- +
-    * Yury - iDrive patch going in this week.  +
-    * Reviewed Michael'​s responses in SPEC-132 and SPEC-134. Moved those to the SAT team list for review.  +
-    * Sri Maldia - need to assign SPEC-170 to her. Waiting for Stephane to return from his vacation.  +
- +
-------- +
- +
-==== July 28, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Chris, Sri Maldia - Alps Electronics +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Yury - working on patch for iDrive +
-   * Michael needs to update SPEC-132 +
-   * Sri explained that Alps is interested in Wifi and Bluetooth and would like to get involved in writing the GUI and connection management software. Walt will put her in touch with Stephane to get the status of Connman and advice on how to get started. There is an existing user interface that Sri found, but it is not connected to Connman.  +
- +
---------- +
-==== Jul 7, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Stephane, Jan-Simon, Yury +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Yury - sent log file to Isogai-san to help debug the problem with iDrive commands not getting into Wayland. Since we have not heard anything further from the team in Japan, assume they will work this out during the integration session in Japan on Friday.  +
-   * Need Michael to update SPEC-132 or wiki page with why AMB is no longer considered that appropriate solution for vehicle messaging and what the proposed solution will look like. On vacation this week.  +
-   *  +
- +
- +
- +
- +
---------- +
-==== June 30, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees:​Walt,​ Christian, Michael +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Tomorrow morning code Microchip will start putting code into gerrit for the video server, keyboard driver , backported MOST driver, vehicle interface. ​ ** Done - waiting on merge. Need to decide if the refactoring of the templates and adding meta-agl-extra layer to the build affects where we put this code. ** +
-   * Michael shipping hardware to Japan tomorrow including the rear seat displays since Walt has not heard from BD about a ship date for the parts to get to him. ** Done ** +
-   * Jira request for new subfolders will be entered today. Jan-Simon is back in the office tomorrow and should get those set up.  ** Done ** +
-   * Need Michael to update SPEC-132 or wiki page with why AMB is no longer considered that appropriate solution for vehicle messaging and what the proposed solution will look like. (After ALS) +
- +
- +
-------- +
-==== June 16, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees:​Walt,​ Stephane, Christian, Michael +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Tomorrow morning code Microchip will start putting code into gerrit for the video server, keyboard driver , backported MOST driver, vehicle interface. ​  +
-   * Michael shipping hardware to Japan tomorrow including the rear seat displays since Walt has not heard from BD about a ship date for the parts to get to him.  +
-   * Jira request for new subfolders will be entered today. Jan-Simon is back in the office tomorrow and should get those set up.  +
-   * Need Michael to update SPEC-132 or wiki page with why AMB is no longer considered that appropriate solution for vehicle messaging and what the proposed solution will look like.  +
-   * Open Telematics - Imamura-san said that he will update the issue in Jira (SPEC-187) to provide the latest status. **Done** +
- +
--------- +
- +
-==== June 2, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Stephane, Michael, Christian, Imamura +
- +
-Notes:  +
-  * At the meeting in Vannes two weeks ago (Microchip/​IoT.bzh) they determined that AMB is not the ideal solution for connectivity to the vehicle busses. Tobias (MOST) and Yuri (CAN/LIN) will start working in the next two weeks on the signaling interface. Requested that Michael update SPEC-132 or wiki page with why AMB is no longer considered that appropriate solution for vehicle messaging and what the proposed solution will look like.  +
-  * Network connectivity - moved the GUI part of the project to the ALS demo. Still need to update the requirements spec.  +
-  * Open Telematics - Imamura-san said that he will update the issue in Jira to provide the latest status.  +
- +
-------------- +
-==== May 19, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Christian, Michael, Stephane +
- +
-Notes: +
-  * Signal meeting in Vannes is on-going  +
- +
------------- +
-==== May 5, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt +
- +
-Meeting canceled after 5 minutes ​due to Golden Week in Japan and National Holiday in Germany and France.  +
- +
-------- +
-==== April 21, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt,​Stephane,​ Imamura, Tamura, Yamashita, Sosa Rimpei +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Messaging framework plan for Face to face meeting and prototype between IoT.bzh and Microchip. Discussion bled into App FW work done by Jose. IPC connectivity is common ground for both areas.  +
-   * Connman integration started by Jose for TCP/IP Network Manager. See updates in https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-119 +
- +
-------- +
- +
-==== April 6, 2016 ==== +
-Attendees: Walt, Michael, Christian, Stephane, Fulup, Imamura, Tamura, Bai, Yamashita +
- +
-Notes: +
-   * Discussed SPEC-155 - Updating section 5.2.11 Automotive Interfaces.  +
-     * Michael asked what we consider the completeness of the section to be. Agreed that the section'​s requirements and use cases need to be rewritten to be describe the general interface instead of the mix of specific data fields and general information.  +
-     * Take the JSON/YAML work (SPEC-154) being done in GENIVI into account as part of the spec. We do not necessarily need the high data rate use cases.  +
-     * Is AMB the right starting point especially when we take security into account? +
- +
-   * Discussed proceeding with implementation of a prototype between IoT.bzh and Microchip using an agent structure. The general parameters are for Microchip to provide a number of agents CAN bus properties (both read and write) and IoT.bzh will work on integration with their app framework. Michael will talk to Yuri about how to structure the agents and have a proposal.  +
-   * Face to face meeting in Europe proposed for May (dates TBD) +
- +
- +
------------- +
-==== March 10, 2016 ====  +
- +
-Attendees: Walt, Michael, Stephane, Yamashita (Advanced Telematics), ​ Nakano, Imamura +
- +
-Notes: +
-    * Team will review section 5.2.11 for the next meeting. Probably need to add security and privacy requirements.  +
-    * Need to develop use cases for vehicle bus access.  +
-    * Discussed JLR Vehicle Signal Specification and Interface. Will keep an eye on that and determine if it is useful for AGL later. See  +
-http://​lists.linuxfoundation.org/​pipermail/​automotive-discussions/​2016-March/​001668.html +
- +
-http://​lists.linuxfoundation.org/​pipermail/​automotive-discussions/​2016-March/​001686.html +
- +
-  +
-    * Plan would be to use an interface specification of some sort, most likely JSON.  +
- +
-Next meeting will be Thursday Mar 17 1pm UTC +
- +
------ +
- +
-==== February 24, 2016 ==== +
- +
-Face to Face meeting at the AGL AMM. +
- +
-Attendees:​ +
-  * Fulup Ar Foll (IoT.bzh) +
-  * Nobuyuki Uchida (Qualcomm) +
-  * Risto Avila (Qt) +
-  * Keisuke Nakano (NTT DATA) +
-  * Hiroto Imamura (NTT DATA) +
-  * Walt Miner (Linux Foundation) +
-  * Michael Fabry (Microchip) +
-  * Soya Saito (Microchip) +
-  * Christian Gromm (Microchip) +
- +
-A) Automotive Message Broker (AMB) - Discussion started on how connectivity between Application layer and hardware resources should be established best. Current AMB solution comes at following Pros/​Cons:​ +
- +
-Pros: +
-  * Common API makes it way easier for different companies to use it and to decouple applications from hardware buses (Michael) +
-  * E.g.the AMB plugins written by Yury Asheshov (Microchip) were easily used by JLR's HVAC application (Michael) +
-  * +1 for AMB (Risto) +
- +
-Cons: +
-  * AMB most likely is not going to be accepted in mainstream (Fulup) +
-  * AMB seems over-engineered (Fulup) +
-  * Current implemention has issues and  need rework especially in terms of security (Risto, Michael) +
-  * A bus like CAN, must not be allowed to be accessed by every application (Michael) +
-  * Two-level security approach (Cynara, privileged database at application and context level) (Fulup) +
-  * Common mistake when designing an API is to define it as a map not as a protocol (Fulup) +
-  * Proposal is to use json protocol as common API instead of dbus (Fulup) +
-  * However, the parser needed to decode the Json messages might be too much overhead to be implemented in a small micro (Christian) +
- +
-Following tasks need to be addressed:​ +
-    - Let's take what is already there (take stuff from Tizen) +
-    - Take CES demo and put it in an application framework +
-    - Create a common report ​ to find out what is needed to move DEMO applications to a framework (IoT.bzh and MCHP) +
-    - Question is cost of adaption, e.g. writing documentation +
- +
-Timeframe:​ +
-    - Do we need this for next release? (Michael) +
-    - Security is not that important for the BB release (Walt) +
-    - Need "​sexy"​ demo for July most likely 90% can be reused (Fulup) +
- +
-Misc: +
-    - How big is implementation of security server? How fast is the http server starting up? Boot time is key! (Risto) +
-    - Didn't do any measurement on boot time yet (Fulup) +
-    - Secure boot is needed and this will slow down boot process (Fulup) +
- +
- +
-B) Cloud Connectivity- Discussion on how this is intended to work (NTT Data) +
  
-C) SDL (Smart Device Link): +Minutes from meetings prior to 2018 have been [[eg-connectivity:meetings:​archive|archived here]]. ​
-  * SDL should not be the center of the AGL architecture (Fulup) +
-  * First applications where designed on windows, then QNX (Copyright by Ford)+
eg-connectivity/meetings.1549550696.txt.gz · Last modified: 2019/02/07 14:44 (external edit)