User Tools

Site Tools


eg-connectivity:meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
eg-connectivity:meetings [2020/02/06 13:56]
waltminer
eg-connectivity:meetings [2020/02/06 14:52] (current)
waltminer
Line 24: Line 24:
  
 ==== February 6, 2020 ==== ==== February 6, 2020 ====
-Attendees: ​// Upcoming Meeting// ​+Attendees: ​Walt, Jan-Simon, Thomas, Scott, Kusakabe, Michael
  
-   ​* ​Review ​[[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2019 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG+   ​* ​Reviewed and updated the [[:​agl-roadmap#​from_connectivity_eg|2020 Roadmap]] for Connectivity EG
  
    * Vehicle Signaling    * Vehicle Signaling
-       * 7/11 - J1939 merged. Writing to CAN bus will be ready shortly. Icefish planning needs to be done. Will have an idea for next meeting. Candidates include SPEC-1381 and SPEC-2498.  +
-       * 7/25 - For Icefish +
-         * Continue to improve J1939.  +
-         * Maybe - Possible to change to the CAN message dictionary post-build time mand add those message to the low level CAN bus. Need to investigate to determine how much time is needed to do the work and whether it should be included as a requirement for the next SOW.  +
-         * Add general multi-packet message features to CAN. Already included in J1939, but might need to be added to general CAN messages.  +
-       * 8/22  +
-         * low can low-level API might change a little (decoder/​encoder functions) +
-       * 9/5 +
-         * Microchip adding a new LIN bus controller for the steering wheel and may need support for adding the signals.  +
-         * Romain and team working to integrate improved J1939 and multi-packet support for CAN.  +
-       * 10/3 +
-         * Discussed how to add steering wheel/ LIN support to Low CAN binding. Need 100 msec polling mechanism which is not generally supported. Whatever we do for CES will probably be non-generic hack.  +
-         * [[http://​carla.org | CARLA]] (Toyota simulator) - plan is for Denso-Ten to get it working for AGL. Kusakabe is asking Toyota for information on what needs to be done.  +
-         * Multi-packet support has been merged. Need to check on writing to CAN.  +
-       * 10/17  +
-         * Discussed LIN interface (see below) +
-         * CAN writing ok.  +
-         * CARLA simulator - no new information.  +
-       * 11/28 +
-         * CARLA (postponed for AMM) +
-         * halibut: low-level-can binding sync for halibut with master codebase +
-           * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-2976 +
-         * master: plugin-infra and code fixes to be pushed soon. Target is morning of Dec 4th. +
-         * Comment from Scott: CANFD support - vcar sample changed to FD, non of the current demo HW is FD, so we might have to (partially) revert to non-FD.  +
-           * https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​apps/​agl-service-can-low-level/​tree/​examples/​agl-vcar/​signals.json?​h=master#​n101 +
-           * Scott will create JIRA, Romain will do fix in next patch round+
        * 01/23        * 01/23
          * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​          * https://​carla.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​how_to_build_on_linux/​
          * Otherwise no update          * Otherwise no update
 +       * 2/6 - No update
  
  
    * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates    * Bluetooth and Wifi Updates
-     * 7/25 - Taking a look at LG Bluetooth implementation. ​ Looking at multi-connection support in Conman for telematics use cases. Looking at forcing IP address with an ethernet connection.  +
-     * 8/22 - No update ​  +
-     * 9/5 - Bluetooth audio still an issue for 8.0.1. ​  +
-     * 10/3 - George has something working, but getting a lot of warnings. Debug in progress. +
-     * 11/28  +
-       * bt-pbap has a race condition +
-       * persistence service (all platform services) have an issue with the selected WORKDIR set to /tmp which means the persistence service will loose its file over reboot.  +
-       * Matt Ranostay is looking at those+
      * 01/23      * 01/23
        * Bluetooth/​audio (George)        * Bluetooth/​audio (George)
Line 75: Line 44:
          * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.          * bluetooth is a client in pw currently. better would be an integrated handling for bluetooth.
          * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)          * preference of a mic(/​speaker) can be declared as property, need to think about alias names (be it '​zones'​ or $name)
- +     2/Updated the roadmap
-   NFC - Use of NFC for user identification.  +
-     * 4/18 Nothing to reportT-Systems looking at identity binding and using NFC more extensively.  +
-     * 8/22 - No update +
-     * 11/28 -No update +
-     * 01/23 - No update+
  
    * Telematics reference device ​    * Telematics reference device ​
-     * 7/25 - Scott showed the telematics reference at ALS during his presentation. Conti showed interest in telematics at ALS.  
-     * 8/22 - No update 
-     * 9/5 - Discussed Connman feasibility ​ study and ideas for a Connman plug-in versus replacement or other ideas from Tier Ones. Added to Berlin F2F agenda. ​ 
-     * 11/28 
-       * telematic demo platform ftbs on bbe (do_image_wic) 
      * 01/23      * 01/23
        * No update        * No update
 +     * 2/6 - No update
  
    * Telematics requirements    * Telematics requirements
Line 101: Line 61:
      * 11/28 - No feedback      * 11/28 - No feedback
      * 01/23 - No feedback      * 01/23 - No feedback
- +     02/06 No feedback
-   LIN Controller for Steering wheel.  +
-     * 7/25 - Steering wheel received at Microchip this week.  +
-     * 8/22 - Waiting for info about connector from Suzuki +
-     * 9/5 - LIN controller software almost complete at Microchip. Waiting on connector.  +
-     * 10/3 - See update above.  +
-     * 10/17 - Scott has a plan for driving the LIN controller that uses the LIN config utility. ​ Longer term would like to drive it via the Low CAN interface. Works ok in Scott'​s set up at home, but did not work as well in the green machine, Will poke around the hardware next week in Monte Carlo to start to debug the hardware. +
-     * 11/28 - Events being generated, low-can part on its way, signal-compose and apps pending  +
-     * 01/23 - All but one button is now routed into the CES demo  +
-       * volume, cruise control, speech  +
-       * only todo: check all patches made it into master +
-       * declare victory ​Tnx: Michael, Scott+
  
 New: New:
-  * +  * Thomas showed us some of the work his students having doing with setting up a driving simulator to use AGL. Got some feedback on their usage of CAN and Bluetooth. ​  
 +  * Michael asked about the latest status of the LIN driver. Since the driver is working well they will close any open issues in Jira.  
  
  
eg-connectivity/meetings.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/06 14:52 by waltminer