User Tools

Site Tools


eg-ciat:meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
eg-ciat:meetings [2021/08/31 12:19]
jsmoeller
eg-ciat:meetings [2022/01/18 13:43] (current)
jsmoeller
Line 28: Line 28:
  
 -------- --------
-==== Roadmap for 2021 ====+==== Roadmap for 2022 ====
  
   * extend image/​machine matrix today   * extend image/​machine matrix today
     * New variants (IC, IVI)     * New variants (IC, IVI)
     * Images in build matrix     * Images in build matrix
-  * -next branch to track YP upstream¬†+  * r/o prserv + hashserv
-  * submit layer to YP autobuilder¬†+
-  * move from jenkins-job-builder to a .jenkinsci or yaml based description (or gitlab)+
   * reproducible builds   * reproducible builds
 +  * move from jenkins-job-builder to a .jenkinsci or yaml based description (or gitlab)
  
 -------- --------
 +==== Meeting 2022/01/18 ====
 +
 +=== Attendees ===
 +Jan-Simon, Walt, Qiu Tingting, Scott, Marius
 +
 +===Topics===
 +
 +  * lava lab status
 +    * operational
 +
 +  * -next branch / Scott
 +    * 12/07
 +      * New Readme file check upstream (yocto-check-layer)
 +        * "​Maintainer"​
 +        * "​Patch"​
 +        * -> Jira and upreving master
 +      * Upstream might warn about upstream-status and '​Pending'​ state
 +        * https://​git.yoctoproject.org/​poky/​tree/​scripts/​contrib/​patchreview.py alike
 +      * 1/18
 +        * rebase done last week, looks fine. 
 +        * (no)network namespace landed in bitbake
 +        * AI: check CI distro support and if necessary prepare uprev (ubuntu 20.04 or newer)
 +
 +  * Can bring back agl-compositor screenshot test
 +    * 12/07:
 +      * added back, working on issue on ARM (32+64) SPEC-4165
 +      * discussed possible issues
 +      * recent jobs using same env:
 +        * lamprey: https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​job/​22984
 +        * master: https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​job/​23038
 +     * 01/18
 +       * talking about https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​job/​23861 , need to check for a timeout (e.g. systemd unit)
 +
 +
 +  * memory check - m3/h3 had only 4G after bsp update (firmware/​bios/​uboot older + newer kernel)
 +    * h3+kf and refhw could check for 8GB
 +
 +
 +  * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-4169
 +    * Marius will verify if it still applies and update the jira.
 +
 +New:
 +  * Marius:
 +    * camera and videocore firmware
 +    * https://​www.raspberrypi.com/​documentation/​computers/​config_txt.html#​boot-options
 +    * https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​AGL/​meta-agl/​tree/​meta-agl-bsp/​meta-raspberrypi/​recipes-bsp/​bootfiles/​rpi-config_git.bbappend
 +  * 
 +
 +Backlog: ​
 +
 +  * "​runqemu audio" - since qemu 4.2 , the setup of audio devices seems to have changed and runqemu uses the old setup. Effect - we can't get audio in and out with runqemu now.
 +    * Hints: https://​mathiashueber.com/​virtual-machine-audio-setup-get-pulse-audio-working/​
 +  * Discussion on required changes for CI
 +    * jenkins-job-builder ​ vs  gitlab-runner exec ?
 +    * next spring 3.5 prserv/​hashserv (rw+ro)
 +
 +Next call:
 +Feb 1st, same time
 +
 +
 +==== Meeting 2021/12/07 ====
 +
 +=== Attendees ===
 +Jan-Simon, Scott, Marius, Qiu, Ishii-san
 +
 +===Topics===
 +
 +  * lava lab status
 +    * operational
 +  * lava-docker
 +    * 12/07 h3ulcb+kf in baylibre lab reflashed
 +
 +  * -next branch / Scott
 +    * 12/07
 +      * New Readme file check upstream (yocto-check-layer)
 +        * "​Maintainer"​
 +        * "​Patch"​
 +        * -> Jira and upreving master
 +      * Upstream might warn about upstream-status and '​Pending'​ state
 +        * https://​git.yoctoproject.org/​poky/​tree/​scripts/​contrib/​patchreview.py alike
 +
 +  * Can bring back agl-compositor screenshot test
 +    * need to write /​etc/​default/​homescreen ​     HOMESCREEN_DEMO_CI=1
 +    * Fix: https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​src/​qa-testdefinitions/​tree/​common/​scripts/​agl-screenshot-
 +      * systemctl restart weston@display.service ​ --> weston.service
 +      * compositor.log needs to come from journal
 +    * 12/07:
 +      * added back, working on issue on ARM (32+64) SPEC-4165
 +      * discussed possible issues
 +      * recent jobs using same env:
 +        * lamprey: https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​job/​22984
 +        * master: https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​job/​23038
 +
 +  * memory check - m3/h3 had only 4G after bsp update (firmware/​bios/​uboot older + newer kernel)
 +    * h3+kf and refhw could check for 8GB
 +
 +
 +New:
 +
 +  * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-4169
 +    * Jan-Simon will check the SDK artifacts
 +  * Marius:
 +    * camera and videocore firmware
 +    * https://​www.raspberrypi.com/​documentation/​computers/​config_txt.html#​boot-options
 +    * https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​AGL/​meta-agl/​tree/​meta-agl-bsp/​meta-raspberrypi/​recipes-bsp/​bootfiles/​rpi-config_git.bbappend
 +    * 
 +
 +Backlog: ​
 +
 +  * "​runqemu audio" - since qemu 4.2 , the setup of audio devices seems to have changed and runqemu uses the old setup. Effect - we can't get audio in and out with runqemu now.
 +    * Hints: https://​mathiashueber.com/​virtual-machine-audio-setup-get-pulse-audio-working/​
 +
 +  * Discussion on required changes for CI
 +    * jenkins-job-builder ​ vs  gitlab-runner exec ?
 +    * next spring 3.5 prserv/​hashserv (rw+ro)
 +
 +Next call:
 +Dec 21th, same time
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +==== Meeting 2021/11/23 ====
 +
 +=== Attendees ===
 +Jan-Simon, Walt, Scott, Marius, Qiu
 +
 +===Topics===
 +
 +  * lava lab status
 +  * lava-docker
 +    * 11/03 master conversion caused a few red builds. issues are fixed.
 +    * 11/26 h3ulcb+kf in baylibre lab to be reflashed
 +
 +  * -next branch / Scott
 +    * 11/03
 +      * appfw removal rebased and pushed, removed a couple of commits
 +    * 11/26
 +      * rebase done, looking at pi4 and etnaviv as time permits
 +
 +  * Discussion on required changes for CI
 +    * jenkins-job-builder ​ vs  gitlab-runner exec ?
 +    * next spring 3.5 prserv/​hashserv (rw+ro)
 +
 +  * Can bring back agl-compositor screenshot test
 +    * need to write /​etc/​default/​homescreen ​     HOMESCREEN_DEMO_CI=1
 +    * Fix: https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​src/​qa-testdefinitions/​tree/​common/​scripts/​agl-screenshot-
 +      * systemctl restart weston@display.service ​ --> weston.service
 +      * compositor.log needs to come from journal
 +    * 11/26:
 +      * working on script. agl-compositor from journal
 +  * memory check - m3/h3 had only 4G after bsp update (firmware/​bios/​uboot older + newer kernel)
 +
 +
 +WIP: 
 +  * "​runqemu audio" - since qemu 4.2 , the setup of audio devices seems to have changed and runqemu uses the old setup. Effect - we can't get audio in and out with runqemu now.
 +    * Hints: https://​mathiashueber.com/​virtual-machine-audio-setup-get-pulse-audio-working/​
 +
 +New:
 +
 +Next call:
 +Dec 7th, same time
 +
 +==== Meeting 2021/11/03 ====
 +
 +=== Attendees ===
 +Jan-Simon, Walt, Scott, Kurokawa-san,​ Alperen Bulut, Marius, Raouf Riahi, Ishii-san
 +
 +===Topics===
 +
 +  * lava lab status
 +  * lava-docker
 +    * 11/03 all operational
 +    * 11/03 master conversion caused a few red builds. issues are fixed.
 +
 +  * -next branch / Scott
 +    * 11/03
 +      * appfw removal rebased and pushed, removed a couple of commits
 +
 +  * Discussion on required changes for CI
 +    * jenkins-job-builder ​ vs  gitlab-runner exec ?
 +    * next spring 3.5 prserv/​hashserv (rw+ro)
 +
 +
 +  * "​runqemu audio" - since qemu 4.2 , the setup of audio devices seems to have changed and runqemu uses the old setup. Effect - we can't get audio in and out with runqemu now.
 +    * Hints: https://​mathiashueber.com/​virtual-machine-audio-setup-get-pulse-audio-working/​
 +    * 11/03
 +
 +New:
 +  * Can bring back agl-compositor screenshot test
 +    * need to write /​etc/​default/​homescreen ​     HOMESCREEN_DEMO_CI=1
 +    * Fix: https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​src/​qa-testdefinitions/​tree/​common/​scripts/​agl-screenshot-
 +      * systemctl restart weston@display.service ​ --> weston.service
 +      * compositor.log needs to come from journal
 +  * memory check - m3/h3 had only 4G after bsp update (firmware/​bios/​uboot older + newer kernel)
 +
 +Next call:
 +Nov 23, same time
 +
 +==== Meeting 2021/10/11 ====
 +
 +=== Attendees ===
 +Jan-Simon, Scott, Li Xiaoming, Kurokawa-san
 +
 +===Topics===
 +
 +  * lava lab status
 +  * lava-docker
 +    * 10/26 all operational
 +
 +  * pyagl:
 +    * few changes in flight , should review+merge asap + check backport to lamprey
 +    * ^^ before removing appfw. ​
 +
 +  * -next branch / Scott
 +    * 10/12
 +      * qtwayland patch disabled in -next , IC Group needs to sort out
 +      * sandbox or snapshot for when honister is branched (for reference)
 +    * 10/26
 +      * sandbox/​scottm/​next-honister ​ capturing the state of 3.4-rc1 for reference uploaded
 +        * noupdates planned atm beside honister final
 +      * updated next branch to latest master (python 3.10 et al, large changes in upstream)
 +        * meta-agl-core works but lua in poky is newer than wireplumber expects
 +
 +  * Javier: update on openQA+lava - got POC working
 +    * 8/31
 +      * WIP
 +    * 9/14
 +      * no update
 +    * 10/12
 +      * -> Presentation @ELC and upcoming ALS
 +
 +  * Discussion on required changes for CI
 +    * build targets
 +      * agl-demo-platform(-crosssdk) - alias agl-image-ivi or agl-image-weston
 +    * lava tests to change ​
 +      * agl-compositor/​screenshooter:​ minimal change around systemd unit
 +      * remove pyagl
 +      * remove application-lifecycle
 +    * jenkins-job-builder ​ vs  gitlab-runner exec ?
 +    * next spring 3.5 prserv/​hashserv (rw+ro)
 +
 +
 +  * "​runqemu audio" - since qemu 4.2 , the setup of audio devices seems to have changed and runqemu uses the old setup. Effect - we can't get audio in and out with runqemu now.
 +    * Hints: https://​mathiashueber.com/​virtual-machine-audio-setup-get-pulse-audio-working/​
 +    * 10/12: vacation
 +    * 10/26: wip
 +
 +New:
 +  * 
 +
 +Next call:
 +Nov 9, same time
 +
 +
 +==== Meeting 2021/10/11 ====
 +
 +=== Attendees ===
 +Jan-Simon, Walt, Scott, Marius
 +
 +===Topics===
 +
 +  * lava lab status
 +  * lava-docker
 +    * 10/12 had brief downtime due to power outage - fixed (lab-baylibre)
 +
 +  * pyagl:
 +
 +  * -next branch / Scott
 +    * 9/14
 +      * sllin and qtwayland ftbs fixed 
 +        * sllin fix can be added to master
 +        * qtwayland needs to be sorted by IC group
 +    * 10/12
 +      * qtwayland patch disabled in -next , IC Group needs to sort out
 +      * sandbox or snapshot for when honister is branched (for reference)
 +
 +  * Javier: update on openQA+lava - got POC working
 +    * 8/31
 +      * WIP
 +    * 9/14
 +      * no update
 +    * 10/12
 +      * -> Presentation @ELC and upcoming ALS
 +
 +  * Discussion on required changes for CI
 +    * build targets
 +      * agl-demo-platform(-crosssdk) - alias agl-image-ivi or agl-image-weston
 +    * lava tests to change ​
 +      * agl-compositor/​screenshooter:​ minimal change around systemd unit
 +      * remove pyagl
 +      * remove application-lifecycle
 +    * jenkins-job-builder ​ vs  gitlab-runner exec ?
 +    * next spring 3.5 prserv/​hashserv (rw+ro)
 +
 +
 +WIP:
 +  * Need to investigate "​runqemu audio" - since qemu 4.2 , the setup of audio devices seems to have changed and runqemu uses the old setup. Effect - we can't get audio in and out with runqemu now.
 +    * Hints: https://​mathiashueber.com/​virtual-machine-audio-setup-get-pulse-audio-working/​
 +    * 10/12: vacation
 +
 +New:
 +
 +
 +Next call:
 +Oct 26, same time
 +
 +==== Meeting 2021/09/14 ====
 +
 +=== Attendees ===
 +Jan-Simon, Walt, Scott, Marius, Ishii-san
 +
 +===Topics===
 +
 +  * lava lab status
 +  * lava-docker
 +    * 9/14 all up
 +
 +  * pyagl:
 +    * 9/14
 +      * 1 merged, 2 in review
 +
 +
 +  * -next branch / Scott
 +    * 8/31
 +      * next branch updated after new syntax change merged, rebased meta-agl-devel/​meta-agl-demo as well
 +      * agl-demo-platform does not build
 +        * sllin not building (likely header diff)
 +        * qtwayland ftbs
 +          * disable IC qtwayland patch and mention in SAT/IC that fix is needed
 +    * 9/14
 +      * sllin and qtwayland ftbs fixed 
 +        * sllin fix can be added to master
 +        * qtwayland needs to be sorted by IC group
 +
 +  * Javier: update on openQA+lava - got POC working
 +    * 8/31
 +      * WIP
 +    * 9/14
 +      * no update
 +
 +WIP:
 +  * Marius: testing of IC or non-IVI images
 +    * IC , Connectivity,​ Container/​Mesh EG need to drive
 +    * interested in testing '​remoting'​
 +    * 1st: in the next cycle, edi can test the h3+pi4 with the IVI w/ agl-demo-preload + cluster w/ agl-demo-preload
 +      * 8/31: Scott will try
 +      * 9/14: wip
 +    * 2nd: lets find out how we can test this on one board only (h3 and if possible qemu)
 +
 +New:
 +  * Need to investigate "​runqemu audio" - since qemu 4.2 , the setup of audio devices seems to have changed and runqemu uses the old setup. Effect - we can't get audio in and out with runqemu now.
 +    * Hints: https://​mathiashueber.com/​virtual-machine-audio-setup-get-pulse-audio-working/​
 +    * 9/14: not working, yet. wip. 
 +  * Discussion on upcoming build targets and ci needs (appfw / flutter)
 +
 +Next call:
 +Oct 12, same time
 +
 ==== Meeting 2021/08/31 ==== ==== Meeting 2021/08/31 ====
  
eg-ciat/meetings.1630412355.txt.gz · Last modified: 2021/08/31 12:19 by jsmoeller