User Tools

Site Tools


eg-ciat:meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
eg-ciat:meetings [2018/05/15 12:37]
jsmoeller
eg-ciat:meetings [2018/10/02 13:00] (current)
jsmoeller
Line 47: Line 47:
  
 -------- --------
 +
 +
 +==== Meeting 2018/10/02 ====
 +===Attendees===
 +Jan-Simon, Stephane, Tom, Ronan
 +
 +Topics:
 +
 +  * INFRA updates
 +    * AGL core infra
 +      * LAVA
 +        * AGL-core-lab (Germany) - uprev'​ed with lava-docker
 +        * Lab iot/Lorient (France) - https://​github.com/​kernelci/​lava-docker/​blob/​master/​README.md
 +        * Lab baylibre (US) - uprev'​ed with lava-docker
 +      * KernelCI
 +        * Performance issues
 +        * Navigation not user-friendly
 +  * Fuego
 +    * Update 02/10  No update
 +  * SPEC-920
 +    * Fix in gerrit 16867
 +    * further discussion
 +      * AIs:
 +      * Scott: take a look at the prserv if we can solve above issue on rpm feeds
 +      * AI (jsm/ryan): forbid revert button (?edit button?)
 +      * Tom: may need policy around reverts and bumping PR value (at least for meta-layers)
 +      * In the end have a multi-config build with "​bitbake agl-world"​
 +        * atm share sstate-cache but separate TMPDIR
 +        * https://​www.yoctoproject.org/​docs/​2.4.3/​mega-manual/​mega-manual.html#​platdev-building-targets-with-multiple-configurations
 +          * bitbake multiconfig:​m3conf multiconfig:​h3conf multiconfig:​intelcorei7conf dummy-image
 +            * conf/​m3conf.conf ​  
 +            * conf/​h3conf.conf
 +            * conf/​intelcorei7conf.conf
 +          * start with core ... once done ... lock the SIGNATURES ?
 +        * Initial step, use agl-demo-platform-crosssdk as target (only active profile atm)
 +          * AI (Ryan): activate PRSERV for snapshot builds
 +          * AI (jsm): bitbake package-index
 +          * AI (jsm): sync-out the rpm feeds for the snapshot builds
 +          * AI (Ronan): can we prepopulate the rpm feed info in the target ? (add to sandbox builds ... e.g. user '​lastest'​ )
 +          * AI (Ton): is there a prserv (ro) version?
 +
 +
 +  * Current issues:
 +    * [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​issues/?​jql=status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20component%20in%20(%22Build%20and%20Tools%22%2C%20CIAT)|Filter]]
 +    * New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
 +      * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​13445/​
 +      * As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
 +        * nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
 +        * Update 2018-08-21: no update
 +    * Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
 +      * detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
 +      * Update 2018-08-21: waiting for BSP
 +    * SPEC-1378 container
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: no news
 +      * Update 2018-08-21: build still failing with connection issues
 +    * docker container jobs fail:
 +      * https://​build.automotivelinux.org/​view/​jjb-weekly-jobs/​job/​snapshot-jjb-container-weekly/​101/​console
 +      * adding extra line of defense checking the file size SPEC-979
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: WIP
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: debugged the container build, still broken
 +        * docker save docker.automotivelinux.org/​agl/​worker-generic:​5.99-116 | xz -T0 -c >​docker_agl_worker-generic-5.99-116.tar.xz
 +        * Error response from daemon: reference does not exist
 +    * generic container vs. xds container discussion:
 +      * generic container uncompressed:​ 1.5GB (~380MB compressed)
 +      * xds containner uncompressed:​ 600MB (~150MB compressed)
 +      * converge by cleaning up generic one ? 
 +      * for the download server AI:​jsmoeller query download stats
 +      * doc site has 2 different chapters:
 +        * http://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​getting_started/​en/​dev/​reference/​setup-sdk-environment.html
 +        * http://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​devguides/​en/​dev/​reference/​xds/​part-1/​2-1_install-xds-server-docker.html
 +        * different audiences, but bad guidance/​nomenclature/​naming aas to what should be used where
 +      * sleep over it and discuss further in SAT
 +      * Sebastian investigated the disk/space usage 
 +        * 1) most taken by yocto dependencies (gcc)
 +        * 2) docs (nodejs)
 +        * 3) 100mb for x11 clients (rdp)
 +      * Use platform and app-development (native and html5) containers.
 +    * Smaller SDK size (e.g. no kernel-devsrc and so on) for app developers (jira for GG)
 +    * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1667
 +
 +  * New issues:
 +    * 
 +
 +==== Meeting 2018/09/25 ====
 +===Attendees===
 +Jan-Simon, Frederic, Kurokawa-san,​ Khiem Nguyen, Xiaoming Li, Ronan, Scott, Tom, '​Renesas dev',
 +
 +Topic: SPEC-920 ​ ( https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-920 )
 +
 +Notes:
 +  * RPM feed for image and SDK by eg. dnf or dnf-sdk wrapper
 +  * Limitation/​Problem observed:
 +    * PRSERV use the HASH to match-up with the revision (generated/​stored/​served)
 +    * Revert in metadata (recipe) will lead to '​old'​ revision being used (prserv replies with old rev)
 +  * https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​YoMo
 +  * poky/​meta/​conf/​bitbake.conf:​PKGR ?= "​${PR}${EXTENDPRAUTO}"​
 +  * https://​github.com/​iotbzh/​YoMo/​blob/​master/​doc/​YoMo_repositories.md
 +  * Remaining problem: metadata revert will lead to r4->r3 due to hash being recognized by prserv as existing
 +  * AIs:
 +    * To try things out, get in 16667 to master only (it is optional and not enabled by default)
 +    * Scott: take a look at the prserv if we can solve above issue on rpm feeds
 +    * AI (jsm/ryan): forbid revert button (?edit button?)
 +    * Tom: may need policy around reverts and bumping PR value (at least for meta-layers)
 +
 +
 +==== Meeting 2018/08/21 ====
 +===Attendees===
 +Jan-Simon, Ronan, Li Xiaoming, Frederic ​
 +
 +  == AGL CIAT meeting ==
 +  ​
 +===Topics===
 +  * Status updates:
 +    * Infra: ​
 +      * slave lab in Lorient being setup https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​worker/​AGL-Lab-iotbzh.lorient.iot
 +        * Further investigation needed based on Dominigs email.
 +          * Need to try pxe next
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Input during ALS, working sample with ipxe shown. Doc to be sent to ML.
 +          * Liu showed procedure
 +            * Advanced Network stack enabled.
 +            * Enable network boot in bios boot config screen (Fixed boot order)
 +            * build IPXE from     ​git.ipxe.org/​ipxe.git ; cd ipxe/src
 +            * shell.ipxe:  ​
 +              * #!ipxe
 +              * shell
 +            * make bin-x86_64-efi/​ipxe.efi EMBED=./​shell.ipxe
 +          * Frederic: got pxe shell and network boot
 +        * Update 2018-07-10: ​
 +          * ipxe works , but LAVA had issues with the serial (https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​job/​5735#​L179)
 +          * uprev for new lava server version pending when serial is debugged
 +        * Update 2018-07-24: ​
 +          * serial debugging still WIP
 +        * Update 2018-08-21:
 +          * need to follow-up
 +    * Lava
 +      * waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.04 to be ready in lava-docker
 +      * Branch available, see https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1299
 +      * Means we also have to update the slaves (=new version of lava-dispatcher)
 +      * WIP: uprev slaves.
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: Schedule next week (week 27) for lab uprev.
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: Jan-Simon started to uprev the AGL-core-lab and uses the lava-docker
 +        * Issues:
 +          * certificate exchange was missing (added meanwhile)
 +          * WIP currently: Need to create new server certificate and exchange
 +            * http://​lavadocker.automotivelinux.org:​10080/ ​ but needs fix for https
 +      * Update 2018-07-24:
 +        * fix zmq auth issue
 +        * persistent db
 +        * 2018.04 uprev done
 +        * Jan-Simon working on docker boards.yaml for master server
 +      * Update 2018-08-21:
 +        * Connection issues between slave and master, need to debug with Ryan.
 +    * KernelCI
 +      * webui changes WIP
 +        * tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: demo last week during ALS, plan to deploy week 27
 +        * Update 2018-07-10: no update, delayed
 +        * Update 2018-07-24: baylibre has test instance deployed with ui changes
 +        * Update 2018-08-21:
 +          * Deploying latest changes
 +    * Fuego
 +      * any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
 +        * 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Presentation during ALS with better integration (add link)
 +        * 2018-07-10: no patches for integration,​ yet.
 +        * 2018-07-24: no update
 +        * Update 2018-08-21: no update
 +
 +  * Current issues:
 +    * [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​issues/?​jql=status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20component%20in%20(%22Build%20and%20Tools%22%2C%20CIAT)|Filter]]
 +    * New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
 +      * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​13445/​
 +      * As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
 +        * nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
 +        * port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
 +        * Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
 +        * Update 2018-07-24: investigating client versions
 +        * Update 2018-08-21: no update
 +    * Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
 +      * detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
 +      * separate dummy recipe/​package with no rpm (empty)
 +        * which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
 +        * e.g. at configure step.
 +      * Update 2018-07-24: waiting for rc3 (for BSP 3.9)
 +      * Update 2018-08-21: waiting for BSP
 +    * SPEC-1378 container
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: no news
 +      * Update 2018-08-21: build still failing with connection issues
 +    * docker container jobs fail:
 +      * https://​build.automotivelinux.org/​view/​jjb-weekly-jobs/​job/​snapshot-jjb-container-weekly/​101/​console
 +      * adding extra line of defense checking the file size SPEC-979
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: WIP
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: debugged the container build, still broken
 +        * docker save docker.automotivelinux.org/​agl/​worker-generic:​5.99-116 | xz -T0 -c >​docker_agl_worker-generic-5.99-116.tar.xz
 +        * Error response from daemon: reference does not exist
 +    * generic container vs. xds container discussion:
 +      * generic container uncompressed:​ 1.5GB (~380MB compressed)
 +      * xds containner uncompressed:​ 600MB (~150MB compressed)
 +      * converge by cleaning up generic one ? 
 +      * for the download server AI:​jsmoeller query download stats
 +      * doc site has 2 different chapters:
 +        * http://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​getting_started/​en/​dev/​reference/​setup-sdk-environment.html
 +        * http://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​devguides/​en/​dev/​reference/​xds/​part-1/​2-1_install-xds-server-docker.html
 +        * different audiences, but bad guidance/​nomenclature/​naming aas to what should be used where
 +      * sleep over it and discuss further in SAT
 +      * Sebastian investigated the disk/space usage 
 +        * 1) most taken by yocto dependencies (gcc)
 +        * 2) docs (nodejs)
 +        * 3) 100mb for x11 clients (rdp)
 +      * Use platform and app-development (native and html5) containers.
 +    * Smaller SDK size (e.g. no kernel-devsrc and so on) for app developers (jira for GG)
 +
 +  * New issues:
 +    * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1667
 +    * 
 +
 +===Next meeting(s)===
 +Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)
 +
 +
 +==== Meeting 2018/07/24 ====
 +===Attendees===
 +Jan-Simon, Frederic, Li Xiaoming, Clement, Kevin, Stephane, Ronan
 +
 +  == AGL CIAT meeting ==
 +  ​
 +===Topics===
 +  * Status updates:
 +    * Infra: ​
 +      * slave lab in Lorient being setup https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​worker/​AGL-Lab-iotbzh.lorient.iot
 +        * Further investigation needed based on Dominigs email.
 +          * Need to try pxe next
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Input during ALS, working sample with ipxe shown. Doc to be sent to ML.
 +          * Liu showed procedure
 +            * Advanced Network stack enabled.
 +            * Enable network boot in bios boot config screen (Fixed boot order)
 +            * build IPXE from     ​git.ipxe.org/​ipxe.git ; cd ipxe/src
 +            * shell.ipxe:  ​
 +              * #!ipxe
 +              * shell
 +            * make bin-x86_64-efi/​ipxe.efi EMBED=./​shell.ipxe
 +          * Frederic: got pxe shell and network boot
 +        * Update 2018-07-10: ​
 +          * ipxe works , but LAVA had issues with the serial (https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​job/​5735#​L179)
 +          * uprev for new lava server version pending when serial is debugged
 +        * Update 2018-07-24: ​
 +          * serial debugging still WIP
 +      * download server speed issues under investigation
 +        * for now we doubled the speed ... = ~1.5MB/s max
 +        * Debugging ongoing, workaround for CI WIP
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Seems to be an upstream ISP issue. Workaround seems in place but no final Solution atm.
 +        * Update 2018-07-10: Cloud internal network structure changed (slaves on own private net now)
 +        * Update 2018-07-24: taking care of lab in Lorient.
 +    * Lava
 +      * waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.04 to be ready in lava-docker
 +      * Branch available, see https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1299
 +      * Means we also have to update the slaves (=new version of lava-dispatcher)
 +      * WIP: uprev slaves.
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: Schedule next week (week 27) for lab uprev.
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: Jan-Simon started to uprev the AGL-core-lab and uses the lava-docker
 +        * Issues:
 +          * certificate exchange was missing (added meanwhile)
 +          * WIP currently: Need to create new server certificate and exchange
 +            * http://​lavadocker.automotivelinux.org:​10080/ ​ but needs fix for https
 +      * Update 2018-07-24:
 +        * fix zmq auth issue
 +        * persistent db
 +        * 2018.04 uprev done
 +        * Jan-Simon working on docker boards.yaml for master server
 +    * KernelCI
 +      * webui changes WIP
 +        * tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: demo last week during ALS, plan to deploy week 27
 +        * Update 2018-07-10: no update, delayed
 +        * Update 2018-07-24: baylibre has test instance deployed with ui changes
 +          * 
 +    * Fuego
 +      * any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
 +        * 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Presentation during ALS with better integration (add link)
 +        * 2018-07-10: no patches for integration,​ yet.
 +        * 2018-07-24: no update
 +
 +  * Current issues:
 +    * [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​issues/?​jql=status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20component%20in%20(%22Build%20and%20Tools%22%2C%20CIAT)|Filter]]
 +    * SPEC-1378
 +      * Update 2018-05-29: wip
 +      * Update 2018-06-12: wip
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: Reduce build frequency to RC's final / ondemand / move proper container to release folder.
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: no news
 +    * New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
 +      * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​13445/​
 +      * As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
 +        * nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
 +        * port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
 +        * Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
 +        * Update 2018-05-29: no update
 +        * Update 2018-06-12: investigating client versions
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: investigating client versions
 +        * Update 2018-07-10: investigating client versions
 +        * Update 2018-07-24: investigating client versions
 +    * Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
 +      * detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
 +      * separate dummy recipe/​package with no rpm (empty)
 +        * which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
 +        * e.g. at configure step.
 +      * Update 2018-06-12: no update
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: no update, plan is to do a python class.
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: investigating for new bsp (3.9)
 +      * Update 2018-07-24: waiting for rc3 (for BSP 3.9)
 +    * docker container jobs fail:
 +      * https://​build.automotivelinux.org/​view/​jjb-weekly-jobs/​job/​snapshot-jjb-container-weekly/​101/​console
 +      * adding extra line of defense checking the file size SPEC-979
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: WIP
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: debugged the container build, still broken
 +        * docker save docker.automotivelinux.org/​agl/​worker-generic:​5.99-116 | xz -T0 -c >​docker_agl_worker-generic-5.99-116.tar.xz
 +        * Error response from daemon: reference does not exist
 +    * generic container vs. xds container discussion:
 +      * generic container uncompressed:​ 1.5GB (~380MB compressed)
 +      * xds containner uncompressed:​ 600MB (~150MB compressed)
 +      * converge by cleaning up generic one ? 
 +      * for the download server AI:​jsmoeller query download stats
 +      * doc site has 2 different chapters:
 +        * http://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​getting_started/​en/​dev/​reference/​setup-sdk-environment.html
 +        * http://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​devguides/​en/​dev/​reference/​xds/​part-1/​2-1_install-xds-server-docker.html
 +        * different audiences, but bad guidance/​nomenclature/​naming aas to what should be used where
 +      * sleep over it and discuss further in SAT
 +      * Sebastian investigated the disk/space usage 
 +        * 1) most taken by yocto dependencies (gcc)
 +        * 2) docs (nodejs)
 +        * 3) 100mb for x11 clients (rdp)
 +      * Use platform and app-development (native and html5) containers.
 +
 +  * New issues:
 +    * Smaller SDK size (e.g. no kernel-devsrc and so on) for app developers (jira for GG)
 +
 +===Next meeting(s)===
 +Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)
 +
 +==== Meeting 2018/07/10 ====
 +===Attendees===
 +Jan-Simon, Frederic, Ronan, Tanibata-san,​ Li Xiaoming
 +
 +  == AGL CIAT meeting ==
 +  ​
 +===Topics===
 +  * Status updates:
 +    * Infra: ​
 +      * slave lab in Lorient being setup https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​worker/​AGL-Lab-iotbzh.lorient.iot
 +        * Further investigation needed based on Dominigs email.
 +          * Need to try pxe next
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Input during ALS, working sample with ipxe shown. Doc to be sent to ML.
 +          * Liu showed procedure
 +            * Advanced Network stack enabled.
 +            * Enable network boot in bios boot config screen (Fixed boot order)
 +            * build IPXE from     ​git.ipxe.org/​ipxe.git ; cd ipxe/src
 +            * shell.ipxe:  ​
 +              * #!ipxe
 +              * shell
 +            * make bin-x86_64-efi/​ipxe.efi EMBED=./​shell.ipxe
 +          * Frederic: got pxe shell and network boot
 +        * Update 2018-07-10: ​
 +          * ipxe works , but LAVA had issues with the serial (https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​job/​5735#​L179)
 +          * uprev for new lava server version pending when serial is debugged.
 +      * download server speed issues under investigation
 +        * for now we doubled the speed ... = ~1.5MB/s max
 +        * Debugging ongoing, workaround for CI WIP
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Seems to be an upstream ISP issue. Workaround seems in place but no final Solution atm.
 +        * Update 2018-07-10: Cloud internal network structure changed (slaves on own private net now)
 +    * Lava
 +      * waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.04 to be ready in lava-docker
 +      * Branch available, see https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1299
 +      * Means we also have to update the slaves (=new version of lava-dispatcher)
 +      * WIP: uprev slaves.
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: Schedule next week (week 27) for lab uprev.
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: Jan-Simon started to uprev the AGL-core-lab and uses the lava-docker
 +        * Issues:
 +          * certificate exchange was missing (added meanwhile)
 +          * WIP currently: Need to create new server certificate and exchange
 +            * http://​lavadocker.automotivelinux.org:​10080/ ​ but needs fix for https
 +    * KernelCI
 +      * webui changes WIP
 +        * tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: demo last week during ALS, plan to deploy week 27
 +        * Update 2018-07-18: no update, delayed
 +    * Fuego
 +      * any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
 +        * 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Presentation during ALS with better integration (add link)
 +        * 2018-07-10: no patches for integration,​ yet.
 +
 +  * Current issues:
 +    * [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​issues/?​jql=status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20component%20in%20(%22Build%20and%20Tools%22%2C%20CIAT)|Filter]]
 +    * SPEC-1378
 +      * Update 2018-05-29: wip
 +      * Update 2018-06-12: wip
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: Reduce build frequency to RC's final / ondemand / move proper container to release folder.
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: no news
 +    * New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
 +      * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​13445/​
 +      * As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
 +        * nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
 +        * port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
 +        * Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
 +        * Update 2018-05-29: no update
 +        * Update 2018-06-12: investigating client versions
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: investigating client versions
 +        * Update 2018-07-10: investigating client versions
 +    * Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
 +      * detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
 +      * separate dummy recipe/​package with no rpm (empty)
 +        * which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
 +        * e.g. at configure step.
 +      * Update 2018-06-12: no update
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: no update, plan is to do a python class.
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: investigating for new bsp (3.9)
 +    * docker container jobs fail:
 +      * https://​build.automotivelinux.org/​view/​jjb-weekly-jobs/​job/​snapshot-jjb-container-weekly/​101/​console
 +      * adding extra line of defense checking the file size SPEC-979
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: WIP
 +      * Update 2018-07-10: debugged the container build, still broken
 +        * docker save docker.automotivelinux.org/​agl/​worker-generic:​5.99-116 | xz -T0 -c >​docker_agl_worker-generic-5.99-116.tar.xz
 +        * Error response from daemon: reference does not exist
 +
 +  * New issues:
 +    * widget creation workflow (SPEC-1579) - workflow was done in '16 and documented here:
 +      * https://​wiki.automotivelinux.org/​troubleshooting/​app-recipes?​s[]=make%20package
 +      * need to avoid breaking old releases going forward
 +      * app builds with SDK in CI and aglwgt.bbclass ​
 +    * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1530
 +      * Ronan pushes a fix to gerrit (cmake module)
 +      * Upstream ?! AI: Ronan to open jira to track and do the submit upstream
 +      * will use patch as short-term fix until submitted upstream
 +    * Go stdlib install. ​
 +    * generic container vs. xds container discussion:
 +      * generic container uncompressed:​ 1.5GB (~380MB compressed)
 +      * xds containner uncompressed:​ 600MB (~150MB compressed)
 +      * converge by cleaning up generic one ? 
 +      * for the download server AI:​jsmoeller query download stats
 +      * doc site has 2 different chapters:
 +        * http://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​getting_started/​en/​dev/​reference/​setup-sdk-environment.html
 +        * http://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​devguides/​en/​dev/​reference/​xds/​part-1/​2-1_install-xds-server-docker.html
 +        * different audiences, but bad guidance/​nomenclature/​naming aas to what should be used where
 +      * sleep over it and discuss further in SAT
 +
 +===Next meeting(s)===
 +Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)
 +
 +==== Meeting 2018/06/26 ====
 +===Attendees===
 +Jan-Simon, Frederic, Ronan, Stephane, Liu, Oki-san
 +
 +  == AGL CIAT meeting ==
 +  ​
 +===Topics===
 +  * Status updates:
 +    * Infra: ​
 +      * slave lab in Lorient being setup https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​worker/​AGL-Lab-iotbzh.lorient.iot
 +        * Further investigation needed based on Dominigs email.
 +          * Need to try pxe next
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Input during ALS, working sample with ipxe shown. Doc to be sent to ML.
 +          * Liu showed procedure
 +            * Advanced Network stack enabled.
 +            * Enable network boot in bios boot config screen (Fixed boot order)
 +            * build IPXE from     ​git.ipxe.org/​ipxe.git ; cd ipxe/src
 +            * shell.ipxe:  ​
 +              * #!ipxe
 +              * shell
 +            * make bin-x86_64-efi/​ipxe.efi EMBED=./​shell.ipxe
 +          * Frederic: got pxe shell and network boot
 +      * download server speed issues under investigation
 +        * for now we doubled the speed ... = ~1.5MB/s max
 +        * Debugging ongoing, workaround for CI WIP
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Seems to be an upstream ISP issue. Workaround seems in place but no final Solution atm.
 +    * Lava
 +      * waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.04 to be ready in lava-docker
 +      * Branch available, see https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1299
 +      * Means we also have to update the slaves (=new version of lava-dispatcher)
 +      * WIP: uprev slaves.
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: Schedule next week (week 27) for lab uprev.
 +    * KernelCI
 +      * webui changes WIP
 +        * tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
 +      * * Update 2018-06-26: demo last week during ALS, plan to deploy week 27
 +    * Fuego
 +      * any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
 +        * 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: Presentation during ALS with better integration (add link)
 +
 +  * Current issues:
 +    * [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​issues/?​jql=status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20component%20in%20(%22Build%20and%20Tools%22%2C%20CIAT)|Filter]]
 +    * SPEC-1378
 +      * Update 2018-05-29: wip
 +      * Update 2018-06-12: wip
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: Reduce build frequency to RC's final / ondemand / move proper container to release folder.
 +    * New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
 +      * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​13445/​
 +      * As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
 +        * nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
 +        * port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
 +        * Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
 +        * Update 2018-05-29: no update
 +        * Update 2018-06-12: investigating client versions
 +        * Update 2018-06-26: investigating client versions
 +    * Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
 +      * detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
 +      * separate dummy recipe/​package with no rpm (empty)
 +        * which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
 +        * e.g. at configure step.
 +      * Update 2018-06-12: no update
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: no update, plan is to do a python class.
 +    * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1434
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: Closed. Fix in current master.
 +    * docker container jobs fail:
 +      * https://​build.automotivelinux.org/​view/​jjb-weekly-jobs/​job/​snapshot-jjb-container-weekly/​101/​console
 +      * adding extra line of defense checking the file size SPEC-979
 +      * Update 2018-06-26: WIP
 +
 +  * New issues:
 +    * no
 +
 +===Next meeting(s)===
 +Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)
 +
 +
 +==== Meeting 2018/05/29 ====
 +===Attendees===
 +Jan-Simon, ​
 +
 +  == AGL CIAT meeting ==
 +  ​
 +===Topics===
 +  * Status updates:
 +    * Infra: ​
 +      * slave lab in Lorient being setup https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​worker/​AGL-Lab-iotbzh.lorient.iot
 +        * worked during f2f on netboot with uefi, need to either use grubefi or pxe . 
 +        * Further investigation needed based on Dominigs email.
 +          * Need to try pxe next
 +      * download server speed issues under investigation
 +        * for now we doubled the speed ... = ~1.5MB/s max
 +        * Ryan to does a debug session with provider
 +        * Debugging ongoing, workaround for CI WIP
 +    * Lava
 +      * waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.04 to be ready in lava-docker
 +      * Branch available, see https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1299
 +      * Means we also have to update the slaves (=new version of lava-dispatcher)
 +      * WIP: uprev slaves.
 +    * KernelCI
 +      * webui changes WIP
 +        * tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
 +    * Fuego
 +      * any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
 +        * 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
 +
 +
 +  * Current issues:
 +    * [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​issues/?​jql=status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20component%20in%20(%22Build%20and%20Tools%22%2C%20CIAT)|Filter]]
 +    * SPEC-1378
 +      * Update 2018-05-29: wip
 +      * Update 2018-06-12: wip
 +    * New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
 +      * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​13445/​
 +      * As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
 +        * nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
 +        * port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
 +        * Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
 +        * Update 2018-05-29: no update
 +        * Update 2018-06-12: investigating client versions
 +    * Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
 +      * detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
 +      * separate dummy recipe/​package with no rpm (empty)
 +        * which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
 +        * e.g. at configure step.
 +      * Update 2018-06-12: no update
 +    * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1434
 +
 +  * New issues:
 +    * docker container jobs fail:
 +      * https://​build.automotivelinux.org/​view/​jjb-weekly-jobs/​job/​snapshot-jjb-container-weekly/​101/​console
 +      * adding extra line of defense checking the file size SPEC-979
 +
 +===Next meeting(s)===
 +Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)
 +
 +
 +==== Meeting 2018/05/29 ====
 +===Attendees===
 +Jan-Simon, Frederic Marec, ​
 +
 +  == AGL CIAT meeting ==
 +  ​
 +===Topics===
 +
 +  * Status updates:
 +    * Infra: ​
 +      * slave lab in Lorient being setup https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​worker/​AGL-Lab-iotbzh.lorient.iot
 +        * healthcheck jobs need debugging
 +        * https://​lava.automotivelinux.org/​scheduler/​job/​5556
 +        * scheduled for wed.
 +      * download server speed issues under investigation
 +        * for now we doubled the speed ... = ~1.5MB/s max
 +        * Ryan to does a debug session with provider
 +    * Lava
 +      * waiting for LAVA rev. 2018.04 to be ready in lava-docker
 +      * Branch available, see https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1299
 +      * Means we also have to update the slaves (=new version of lava-dispatcher)
 +    * KernelCI
 +      * webui changes WIP
 +        * tabs for gerrit/CI , weekly, daily, release builds
 +    * Fuego
 +      * any update ? - 2018-05-15: no updates
 +        * 2018-05-29: no update on lava support
 +
 +
 +  * Current issues:
 +    * [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​issues/?​jql=status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20component%20in%20(%22Build%20and%20Tools%22%2C%20CIAT)|Filter]]
 +    * SPEC-1378
 +      * Update 2018-04-17: No update
 +      * EE & FF 
 +      * Update 2018-05-15: wip, creating templates fir ci-management repo
 +      * Update 2018-05-29: wip
 +    * New nbd client (proposal by Dominig) - SPEC-1423
 +      * https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​13445/​
 +      * As discussed during F2F in Karlsruhe:
 +        * nbd.v3=1 (Stephane) - add boot argument to switch between old and newer implementation
 +        * port new nbd-client for lava-dispatcher
 +        * Update 2018-05-15: need to investigate uprev of nbd-client in yocto/oe before we uprev.
 +        * Update 2018-05-29: no update
 +    * Ronan: how to avoid broken build env due to binary bsp update?
 +      * detect if binary driver artifacts mismatch
 +      * separate dummy recipe/​package with no rpm (empty)
 +        * which does the check for the binary at configure stage.
 +        * e.g. at configure step.
 +
 +  * New issues:
 +    * Layer reorg in stage 3.
 +    * https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1434
 +
 +===Next meeting(s)===
 +Next call in 2 weeks, same place, same time (13:00 UTC)
 +
 ==== Meeting 2018/05/15 ==== ==== Meeting 2018/05/15 ====
 ===Attendees=== ===Attendees===
eg-ciat/meetings.1526387826.txt.gz ยท Last modified: 2018/05/15 12:37 by jsmoeller