User Tools

Site Tools


eg-app-fw:meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
eg-app-fw:meetings [2021/09/22 13:52]
wminer
eg-app-fw:meetings [2021/12/01 14:21] (current)
wminer
Line 17: Line 17:
  
 ------ ------
 +
 +==== December 1, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Ishii, Marius, Lorenzo, Arnaud, Daniel
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +   * 9/8 
 +     * Arnaud back from vacation.
 +     * [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=nZCSvBNtmHQ | Sam showed a demo]] of AGL running on flatpak built from meta-flatpak. ​
 +     * Discussed replacing SMACK with SELinux/​None option. ​ Daniel needs to discuss with Simon. ​
 +     * Next steps for App FW
 +       * Need instructions for building with flatpak and how to build apps so people can start playing with QEMU as target. ​
 +       * Make sandbox available in the next two weeks
 +       * Daniel and Arnaud to work on documenting adding system level services. ​
 +     * 9/22
 +       * Sam will be transitioning to Richard Maw for their meta-flatpak work. 
 +     * 10/6
 +       * Discussed the plan that Arnaud sent to Walt for next steps with the App FW. Arnaud will update the email and send it to the mail list later this week. 
 +       * Discussed how to get the flatpak run-time into the AGL build. ​ Scott to open Jira ticket to track. ​
 +       * Repo for meta-flatpack is in Github https://​github.com/​flatpak/​meta-flatpak. ​
 +       * Initial work will be done with no LSM enabled. Scott suggested as an option that we start with SELinux in non-enforcing mode. Daniel will take a look at what can be done there.
 +     * 11/3
 +       * SPEC-4121 - removal of app FW from master will be merged later this week. Scott has a home screen hacked up that potentially could be added after the merge. Arnaud and Marius are working on the new launcher to be added in the next few weeks. ​
 +     * 11/17
 +       * Status update and discussion on next steps:
 +         * split lifecycle into separate daemon
 +         * rework homescreen and possibly merge launcher into homescreen
 +         * upload for review and discussion
 +         * milestone 1 can be delayed
 +     * 12/1
 +       * Arnaud'​s first patches are in review in gerrit (SPEC-4121). ​ Discussed whether the patches should be in meta-agl-demo or a sub-layer under meta-agl. ​  ​Arnaud will move the changes under meta-agl/​.../​app-fw. ​ Jan-Simon will set up the stub for the layout and Arnaud will resubmit the changes. ​
 +       * Next set of changes will be for home screen and launcher daemon, then the launcher. ​ Those will be uploaded in the next day or two. 
 +       * Scott can upload changes for a number of apps within a day or two of the launcher being uploaded. ​
 +
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +      * 11/3
 +        * WAM Upstream changes to remove Qt dependencies. ​
 +        * Chromium 84 to 87
 +        * Need to re-add Chromium and WAM after App FW removal. ​
 +      * 12/1
 +        * Lorenzo working on getting Chromium and WAM working again. ​ Should be able to make more progress once Arnaud'​s changes are merged in the next week or two. 
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +==== November 17, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Arnaud, Daniel, Ishii-san, Paul, Scott
 +
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +   * 9/8 
 +     * Arnaud back from vacation.
 +     * [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=nZCSvBNtmHQ | Sam showed a demo]] of AGL running on flatpak built from meta-flatpak. ​
 +     * Discussed replacing SMACK with SELinux/​None option. ​ Daniel needs to discuss with Simon. ​
 +     * Next steps for App FW
 +       * Need instructions for building with flatpak and how to build apps so people can start playing with QEMU as target. ​
 +       * Make sandbox available in the next two weeks
 +       * Daniel and Arnaud to work on documenting adding system level services. ​
 +     * 9/22
 +       * Sam will be transitioning to Richard Maw for their meta-flatpak work. 
 +     * 10/6
 +       * Discussed the plan that Arnaud sent to Walt for next steps with the App FW. Arnaud will update the email and send it to the mail list later this week. 
 +       * Discussed how to get the flatpak run-time into the AGL build. ​ Scott to open Jira ticket to track. ​
 +       * Repo for meta-flatpack is in Github https://​github.com/​flatpak/​meta-flatpak. ​
 +       * Initial work will be done with no LSM enabled. Scott suggested as an option that we start with SELinux in non-enforcing mode. Daniel will take a look at what can be done there.
 +     * 11/3
 +       * SPEC-4121 - removal of app FW from master will be merged later this week. Scott has a home screen hacked up that potentially could be added after the merge. Arnaud and Marius are working on the new launcher to be added in the next few weeks. ​
 +     * 11/17
 +       * Status update and discussion on next steps:
 +         * split lifecycle into separate daemon
 +         * rework homescreen and possibly merge launcher into homescreen
 +         * upload for review and discussion
 +         * milestone 1 can be delayed
 +
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +      * 11/3
 +        * WAM Upstream changes to remove Qt dependencies. ​
 +        * Chromium 84 to 87
 +        * Need to re-add Chromium and WAM after App FW removal. ​
 +      * 11/17
 +        * 
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +==== November 3, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Arnaud, Marius, Lorenzo, Sergio
 +
 +
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +   * 9/8 
 +     * Arnaud back from vacation.
 +     * [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=nZCSvBNtmHQ | Sam showed a demo]] of AGL running on flatpak built from meta-flatpak. ​
 +     * Discussed replacing SMACK with SELinux/​None option. ​ Daniel needs to discuss with Simon. ​
 +     * Next steps for App FW
 +       * Need instructions for building with flatpak and how to build apps so people can start playing with QEMU as target. ​
 +       * Make sandbox available in the next two weeks
 +       * Daniel and Arnaud to work on documenting adding system level services. ​
 +     * 9/22
 +       * Sam will be transitioning to Richard Maw for their meta-flatpak work. 
 +     * 10/6
 +       * Discussed the plan that Arnaud sent to Walt for next steps with the App FW. Arnaud will update the email and send it to the mail list later this week. 
 +       * Discussed how to get the flatpak run-time into the AGL build. ​ Scott to open Jira ticket to track. ​
 +       * Repo for meta-flatpack is in Github https://​github.com/​flatpak/​meta-flatpak. ​
 +       * Initial work will be done with no LSM enabled. Scott suggested as an option that we start with SELinux in non-enforcing mode. Daniel will take a look at what can be done there.
 +     * 11/3
 +       * SPEC-4121 - removal of app FW from master will be merged later this week. Scott has a home screen hacked up that potentially could be added after the merge. Arnaud and Marius are working on the new launcher to be added in the next few weeks. ​
 +       ​* ​
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +      * 11/3
 +        * WAM Upstream changes to remove Qt dependencies. ​
 +        * Chromium 84 to 87
 +        * Need to re-ad Chromium and WAM after App FW removal. ​
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +   * Criteria for M1
 +     * Working home screen, laucncher, dashboard, and settings apps
 +   * Criteria for release
 +     * Bluetooth, media player (TBD exactly what and how) and Nav
 +
 +
 +==== October 6, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Scott, Guy, Arnaud, Daniel, Kurokawa, Javier, Marius, Sergio
 +
 +
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +   * 9/8 
 +     * Arnaud back from vacation.
 +     * [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=nZCSvBNtmHQ | Sam showed a demo]] of AGL running on flatpak built from meta-flatpak. ​
 +     * Discussed replacing SMACK with SELinux/​None option. ​ Daniel needs to discuss with Simon. ​
 +     * Next steps for App FW
 +       * Need instructions for building with flatpak and how to build apps so people can start playing with QEMU as target. ​
 +       * Make sandbox available in the next two weeks
 +       * Daniel and Arnaud to work on documenting adding system level services. ​
 +     * 9/22
 +       * Sam will be transitioning to Richard Maw for their meta-flatpak work. 
 +     * 10/6
 +       * Discussed the plan that Arnaud sent to Walt for next steps with the App FW. Arnaud will update the email and send it to the mail list later this week. 
 +       * Discussed how to get the flatpak run-time into the AGL build. ​ Scott to open Jira ticket to track. ​
 +       * Repo for meta-flatpack is in Github https://​github.com/​flatpak/​meta-flatpak. ​
 +       * Initial work will be done with no LSM enabled. Scott suggested as an option that we start with SELinux in non-enforcing mode. Daniel will take a look at what can be done there.
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +
  
 ==== September 22, 2021  ==== ==== September 22, 2021  ====
eg-app-fw/meetings.1632318734.txt.gz ยท Last modified: 2021/09/22 13:52 by wminer