User Tools

Site Tools


eg-app-fw:meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
eg-app-fw:meetings [2021/04/21 12:43]
waltminer
eg-app-fw:meetings [2021/12/01 14:21] (current)
wminer
Line 17: Line 17:
  
 ------ ------
 +
 +==== December 1, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Ishii, Marius, Lorenzo, Arnaud, Daniel
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +   * 9/8 
 +     * Arnaud back from vacation.
 +     * [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=nZCSvBNtmHQ | Sam showed a demo]] of AGL running on flatpak built from meta-flatpak. ​
 +     * Discussed replacing SMACK with SELinux/​None option. ​ Daniel needs to discuss with Simon. ​
 +     * Next steps for App FW
 +       * Need instructions for building with flatpak and how to build apps so people can start playing with QEMU as target. ​
 +       * Make sandbox available in the next two weeks
 +       * Daniel and Arnaud to work on documenting adding system level services. ​
 +     * 9/22
 +       * Sam will be transitioning to Richard Maw for their meta-flatpak work. 
 +     * 10/6
 +       * Discussed the plan that Arnaud sent to Walt for next steps with the App FW. Arnaud will update the email and send it to the mail list later this week. 
 +       * Discussed how to get the flatpak run-time into the AGL build. ​ Scott to open Jira ticket to track. ​
 +       * Repo for meta-flatpack is in Github https://​github.com/​flatpak/​meta-flatpak. ​
 +       * Initial work will be done with no LSM enabled. Scott suggested as an option that we start with SELinux in non-enforcing mode. Daniel will take a look at what can be done there.
 +     * 11/3
 +       * SPEC-4121 - removal of app FW from master will be merged later this week. Scott has a home screen hacked up that potentially could be added after the merge. Arnaud and Marius are working on the new launcher to be added in the next few weeks. ​
 +     * 11/17
 +       * Status update and discussion on next steps:
 +         * split lifecycle into separate daemon
 +         * rework homescreen and possibly merge launcher into homescreen
 +         * upload for review and discussion
 +         * milestone 1 can be delayed
 +     * 12/1
 +       * Arnaud'​s first patches are in review in gerrit (SPEC-4121). ​ Discussed whether the patches should be in meta-agl-demo or a sub-layer under meta-agl. ​  ​Arnaud will move the changes under meta-agl/​.../​app-fw. ​ Jan-Simon will set up the stub for the layout and Arnaud will resubmit the changes. ​
 +       * Next set of changes will be for home screen and launcher daemon, then the launcher. ​ Those will be uploaded in the next day or two. 
 +       * Scott can upload changes for a number of apps within a day or two of the launcher being uploaded. ​
 +
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +      * 11/3
 +        * WAM Upstream changes to remove Qt dependencies. ​
 +        * Chromium 84 to 87
 +        * Need to re-add Chromium and WAM after App FW removal. ​
 +      * 12/1
 +        * Lorenzo working on getting Chromium and WAM working again. ​ Should be able to make more progress once Arnaud'​s changes are merged in the next week or two. 
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +==== November 17, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Arnaud, Daniel, Ishii-san, Paul, Scott
 +
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +   * 9/8 
 +     * Arnaud back from vacation.
 +     * [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=nZCSvBNtmHQ | Sam showed a demo]] of AGL running on flatpak built from meta-flatpak. ​
 +     * Discussed replacing SMACK with SELinux/​None option. ​ Daniel needs to discuss with Simon. ​
 +     * Next steps for App FW
 +       * Need instructions for building with flatpak and how to build apps so people can start playing with QEMU as target. ​
 +       * Make sandbox available in the next two weeks
 +       * Daniel and Arnaud to work on documenting adding system level services. ​
 +     * 9/22
 +       * Sam will be transitioning to Richard Maw for their meta-flatpak work. 
 +     * 10/6
 +       * Discussed the plan that Arnaud sent to Walt for next steps with the App FW. Arnaud will update the email and send it to the mail list later this week. 
 +       * Discussed how to get the flatpak run-time into the AGL build. ​ Scott to open Jira ticket to track. ​
 +       * Repo for meta-flatpack is in Github https://​github.com/​flatpak/​meta-flatpak. ​
 +       * Initial work will be done with no LSM enabled. Scott suggested as an option that we start with SELinux in non-enforcing mode. Daniel will take a look at what can be done there.
 +     * 11/3
 +       * SPEC-4121 - removal of app FW from master will be merged later this week. Scott has a home screen hacked up that potentially could be added after the merge. Arnaud and Marius are working on the new launcher to be added in the next few weeks. ​
 +     * 11/17
 +       * Status update and discussion on next steps:
 +         * split lifecycle into separate daemon
 +         * rework homescreen and possibly merge launcher into homescreen
 +         * upload for review and discussion
 +         * milestone 1 can be delayed
 +
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +      * 11/3
 +        * WAM Upstream changes to remove Qt dependencies. ​
 +        * Chromium 84 to 87
 +        * Need to re-add Chromium and WAM after App FW removal. ​
 +      * 11/17
 +        * 
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +==== November 3, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Arnaud, Marius, Lorenzo, Sergio
 +
 +
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +   * 9/8 
 +     * Arnaud back from vacation.
 +     * [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=nZCSvBNtmHQ | Sam showed a demo]] of AGL running on flatpak built from meta-flatpak. ​
 +     * Discussed replacing SMACK with SELinux/​None option. ​ Daniel needs to discuss with Simon. ​
 +     * Next steps for App FW
 +       * Need instructions for building with flatpak and how to build apps so people can start playing with QEMU as target. ​
 +       * Make sandbox available in the next two weeks
 +       * Daniel and Arnaud to work on documenting adding system level services. ​
 +     * 9/22
 +       * Sam will be transitioning to Richard Maw for their meta-flatpak work. 
 +     * 10/6
 +       * Discussed the plan that Arnaud sent to Walt for next steps with the App FW. Arnaud will update the email and send it to the mail list later this week. 
 +       * Discussed how to get the flatpak run-time into the AGL build. ​ Scott to open Jira ticket to track. ​
 +       * Repo for meta-flatpack is in Github https://​github.com/​flatpak/​meta-flatpak. ​
 +       * Initial work will be done with no LSM enabled. Scott suggested as an option that we start with SELinux in non-enforcing mode. Daniel will take a look at what can be done there.
 +     * 11/3
 +       * SPEC-4121 - removal of app FW from master will be merged later this week. Scott has a home screen hacked up that potentially could be added after the merge. Arnaud and Marius are working on the new launcher to be added in the next few weeks. ​
 +       ​* ​
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +      * 11/3
 +        * WAM Upstream changes to remove Qt dependencies. ​
 +        * Chromium 84 to 87
 +        * Need to re-ad Chromium and WAM after App FW removal. ​
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +   * Criteria for M1
 +     * Working home screen, laucncher, dashboard, and settings apps
 +   * Criteria for release
 +     * Bluetooth, media player (TBD exactly what and how) and Nav
 +
 +
 +==== October 6, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Scott, Guy, Arnaud, Daniel, Kurokawa, Javier, Marius, Sergio
 +
 +
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +   * 9/8 
 +     * Arnaud back from vacation.
 +     * [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=nZCSvBNtmHQ | Sam showed a demo]] of AGL running on flatpak built from meta-flatpak. ​
 +     * Discussed replacing SMACK with SELinux/​None option. ​ Daniel needs to discuss with Simon. ​
 +     * Next steps for App FW
 +       * Need instructions for building with flatpak and how to build apps so people can start playing with QEMU as target. ​
 +       * Make sandbox available in the next two weeks
 +       * Daniel and Arnaud to work on documenting adding system level services. ​
 +     * 9/22
 +       * Sam will be transitioning to Richard Maw for their meta-flatpak work. 
 +     * 10/6
 +       * Discussed the plan that Arnaud sent to Walt for next steps with the App FW. Arnaud will update the email and send it to the mail list later this week. 
 +       * Discussed how to get the flatpak run-time into the AGL build. ​ Scott to open Jira ticket to track. ​
 +       * Repo for meta-flatpack is in Github https://​github.com/​flatpak/​meta-flatpak. ​
 +       * Initial work will be done with no LSM enabled. Scott suggested as an option that we start with SELinux in non-enforcing mode. Daniel will take a look at what can be done there.
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +==== September 22, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Sam Thursfield (Codethink),​ Arnaud, Marius, Kelly (Codethink),​ Richard Maw (Codethink),​ James
 +
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +   * 9/8 
 +     * Arnaud back from vacation.
 +     * [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=nZCSvBNtmHQ | Sam showed a demo]] of AGL running on flatpak built from meta-flatpak. ​
 +     * Discussed replacing SMACK with SELinux/​None option. ​ Daniel needs to discuss with Simon. ​
 +     * Next steps for App FW
 +       * Need instructions for building with flatpak and how to build apps so people can start playing with QEMU as target. ​
 +       * Make sandbox available in the next two weeks
 +       * Daniel and Arnaud to work on documenting adding system level services. ​
 +     * 9/22
 +       * Sam will be transitioning to Richard Maw for their meta-flatpak work. 
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +-------
 +
 +==== September 8, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Javier, Sam Thursfield (Codethink),​ Arnaud, Marius, Daniel, Kelly (Codethink)
 +
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 6/2
 +     * Asked Daniel Stone to update his presentation on app FW changes for the June 15 workshop. ​
 +     * Flutter integration discussed. The thought is that we could do some app FW changes such as enable GRPC to make integration of Flutter simpler rather than creating a bunch of web socket code to enable flutter. We can use the lessons learned from Web Apps to determine the best course.  ​
 +   * 6/30 
 +     * Daniel and Simon {{ :​agl-distro:​collabora_-_agl_f2f_2021-06-15_-_app_framework_update.pdf | made a presentation}} during the F2F meeting. ​
 +     * Collabora looking to free up someone to start on this. 
 +   * 7/14
 +     * Daniel gave an update during AGL Tech Day!  Collabora has someone starting in the next two weeks on the App FW effort. ​
 +     * For some more context here is a transcript of the meeting chat. 
 +
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Yes I meant, Is the "​flatpack"​ with some other components are going to replace the "​aplication frame work" (specificly in PR profile)?\\
 +**From Scott Murray to Everyone :** I'd say the answer in a general way is yes, but what goes into the PR profile is an open question, that's up to Toyota for the most part. They have their own in-house app framework\\
 +**From Scott Murray to Everyone :** This work is to replace the effectively custom AGL only app framework with components based on existing projects with bigger communities.\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Yes, I agree ... I was hoping a slution without systemd but anyway ... If it provide the automotive industry required functionalities It is Ok\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** I know replacing systemd custom lots of resources ... With this solution AGL will looks like a custom desktop distro (But I am agree it will have more functionalities and easy to develop)\\
 +**From Javier Jardón to Everyone :** To be more specific, we wrote a small doc about how to use the layer here: https://​gitlab.com/​CodethinkLabs/​agl/​meta-flatpak/​-/​blob/​AGL/​AGL.md\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Currently the AFB v4 is in "​redpesk"​ repo, but the with different licences ... I was planing to contribute to v4 and back port It to AGL ... but I think It won't be possible when we consider licencing issue\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** There are some lack of functionalities and policy managment issue in current application frame work ... We wrote an additional service top on AFM to fulfill some requiremnts in real word Infotainment system.\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** I was planing to push some features in current application frame work but with new situation, we have to re-learn AGL :))\\
 +**From Javier Jardón to Everyone :** https://​docs.flatpak.org/​en/​latest/​electron.html\\'​
 +
 +     * Javier said that they now have meta-flatpak building and running! Repo is available in [[https://​gitlab.com/​CodethinkLabs/​agl/​meta-flatpak/​-/​tree/​AGL | Gitlab]]
 +
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +   * 9/8 
 +     * Arnaud back from vacation.
 +     * [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=nZCSvBNtmHQ | Sam showed a demo]] of AGL running on flatpak built from meta-flatpak. ​
 +     * Discussed replacing SMACK with SELinux/​None option. ​ Daniel needs to discuss with Simon. ​
 +     * Next steps for App FW
 +       * Need instructions for building with flatpak and how to build apps so people can start playing with QEMU as target. ​
 +       * Make sandbox available in the next two weeks
 +       * Daniel and Arnaud to work on documenting adding system level services. ​
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +==== August 11, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Marius, Lorenzo, Javier
 +
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 6/2
 +     * Asked Daniel Stone to update his presentation on app FW changes for the June 15 workshop. ​
 +     * Flutter integration discussed. The thought is that we could do some app FW changes such as enable GRPC to make integration of Flutter simpler rather than creating a bunch of web socket code to enable flutter. We can use the lessons learned from Web Apps to determine the best course.  ​
 +   * 6/30 
 +     * Daniel and Simon {{ :​agl-distro:​collabora_-_agl_f2f_2021-06-15_-_app_framework_update.pdf | made a presentation}} during the F2F meeting. ​
 +     * Collabora looking to free up someone to start on this. 
 +   * 7/14
 +     * Daniel gave an update during AGL Tech Day!  Collabora has someone starting in the next two weeks on the App FW effort. ​
 +     * For some more context here is a transcript of the meeting chat. 
 +
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Yes I meant, Is the "​flatpack"​ with some other components are going to replace the "​aplication frame work" (specificly in PR profile)?\\
 +**From Scott Murray to Everyone :** I'd say the answer in a general way is yes, but what goes into the PR profile is an open question, that's up to Toyota for the most part. They have their own in-house app framework\\
 +**From Scott Murray to Everyone :** This work is to replace the effectively custom AGL only app framework with components based on existing projects with bigger communities.\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Yes, I agree ... I was hoping a slution without systemd but anyway ... If it provide the automotive industry required functionalities It is Ok\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** I know replacing systemd custom lots of resources ... With this solution AGL will looks like a custom desktop distro (But I am agree it will have more functionalities and easy to develop)\\
 +**From Javier Jardón to Everyone :** To be more specific, we wrote a small doc about how to use the layer here: https://​gitlab.com/​CodethinkLabs/​agl/​meta-flatpak/​-/​blob/​AGL/​AGL.md\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Currently the AFB v4 is in "​redpesk"​ repo, but the with different licences ... I was planing to contribute to v4 and back port It to AGL ... but I think It won't be possible when we consider licencing issue\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** There are some lack of functionalities and policy managment issue in current application frame work ... We wrote an additional service top on AFM to fulfill some requiremnts in real word Infotainment system.\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** I was planing to push some features in current application frame work but with new situation, we have to re-learn AGL :))\\
 +**From Javier Jardón to Everyone :** https://​docs.flatpak.org/​en/​latest/​electron.html\\'​
 +
 +     * Javier said that they now have meta-flatpak building and running! Repo is available in [[https://​gitlab.com/​CodethinkLabs/​agl/​meta-flatpak/​-/​tree/​AGL | Gitlab]]
 +
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +   * 8/11
 +     * No update
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +      * 8/11 - Work ongoing on the launcher and UI part of hvac .
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +    * 
 +
 +==== July 28, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Javier, Marius, Daniel, Arnaud (Collabora),​ Lorenzo
 +
 +
 +**Application Framework Redesign**
 +   * 6/2
 +     * Asked Daniel Stone to update his presentation on app FW changes for the June 15 workshop. ​
 +     * Flutter integration discussed. The thought is that we could do some app FW changes such as enable GRPC to make integration of Flutter simpler rather than creating a bunch of web socket code to enable flutter. We can use the lessons learned from Web Apps to determine the best course.  ​
 +   * 6/30 
 +     * Daniel and Simon {{ :​agl-distro:​collabora_-_agl_f2f_2021-06-15_-_app_framework_update.pdf | made a presentation}} during the F2F meeting. ​
 +     * Collabora looking to free up someone to start on this. 
 +   * 7/14
 +     * Daniel gave an update during AGL Tech Day!  Collabora has someone starting in the next two weeks on the App FW effort. ​
 +     * For some more context here is a transcript of the meeting chat. 
 +
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Yes I meant, Is the "​flatpack"​ with some other components are going to replace the "​aplication frame work" (specificly in PR profile)?\\
 +**From Scott Murray to Everyone :** I'd say the answer in a general way is yes, but what goes into the PR profile is an open question, that's up to Toyota for the most part. They have their own in-house app framework\\
 +**From Scott Murray to Everyone :** This work is to replace the effectively custom AGL only app framework with components based on existing projects with bigger communities.\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Yes, I agree ... I was hoping a slution without systemd but anyway ... If it provide the automotive industry required functionalities It is Ok\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** I know replacing systemd custom lots of resources ... With this solution AGL will looks like a custom desktop distro (But I am agree it will have more functionalities and easy to develop)\\
 +**From Javier Jardón to Everyone :** To be more specific, we wrote a small doc about how to use the layer here: https://​gitlab.com/​CodethinkLabs/​agl/​meta-flatpak/​-/​blob/​AGL/​AGL.md\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Currently the AFB v4 is in "​redpesk"​ repo, but the with different licences ... I was planing to contribute to v4 and back port It to AGL ... but I think It won't be possible when we consider licencing issue\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** There are some lack of functionalities and policy managment issue in current application frame work ... We wrote an additional service top on AFM to fulfill some requiremnts in real word Infotainment system.\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** I was planing to push some features in current application frame work but with new situation, we have to re-learn AGL :))\\
 +**From Javier Jardón to Everyone :** https://​docs.flatpak.org/​en/​latest/​electron.html\\'​
 +
 +     * Javier said that they now have meta-flatpak building and running! Repo is available in [[https://​gitlab.com/​CodethinkLabs/​agl/​meta-flatpak/​-/​tree/​AGL | Gitlab]]
 +
 +   * 7/28 
 +     * Arnaud introduced himself as a new member of the team looking at Application Framework topics. Started looking at building flatpak and the work started by Codethink. The engineer working on this at Codethink moved on to another project. Javier is hoping to find someone else to look it. 
 +     * Need to think about where the code will reside long-term. ​ Is there an upstream project we can give this (YP, oe, meta-virtualization,​ RedHat).  ​
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +==== July 14, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Marius, Daniel, Javier, Farshid, George
 +
 +   * 6/2
 +     * Asked Daniel Stone to update his presentation on app FW changes for the June 15 workshop. ​
 +     * Flutter integration discussed. The thought is that we could do some app FW changes such as enable GRPC to make integration of Flutter simpler rather than creating a bunch of web socket code to enable flutter. We can use the lessons learned from Web Apps to determine the best course.  ​
 +   * 6/30 
 +     * Daniel and Simon {{ :​agl-distro:​collabora_-_agl_f2f_2021-06-15_-_app_framework_update.pdf | made a presentation}} during the F2F meeting. ​
 +     * Collabora looking to free up someone to start on this. 
 +   * 7/14
 +     * Daniel gave an update during AGL Tech Day!  Collabora has someone starting in the next two weeks on the App FW effort. ​
 +     * For some more context here is a transcript of the meeting chat. 
 +
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Yes I meant, Is the "​flatpack"​ with some other components are going to replace the "​aplication frame work" (specificly in PR profile)?\\
 +**From Scott Murray to Everyone :** I'd say the answer in a general way is yes, but what goes into the PR profile is an open question, that's up to Toyota for the most part. They have their own in-house app framework\\
 +**From Scott Murray to Everyone :** This work is to replace the effectively custom AGL only app framework with components based on existing projects with bigger communities.\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Yes, I agree ... I was hoping a slution without systemd but anyway ... If it provide the automotive industry required functionalities It is Ok\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** I know replacing systemd custom lots of resources ... With this solution AGL will looks like a custom desktop distro (But I am agree it will have more functionalities and easy to develop)\\
 +**From Javier Jardón to Everyone :** To be more specific, we wrote a small doc about how to use the layer here: https://​gitlab.com/​CodethinkLabs/​agl/​meta-flatpak/​-/​blob/​AGL/​AGL.md\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** Currently the AFB v4 is in "​redpesk"​ repo, but the with different licences ... I was planing to contribute to v4 and back port It to AGL ... but I think It won't be possible when we consider licencing issue\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** There are some lack of functionalities and policy managment issue in current application frame work ... We wrote an additional service top on AFM to fulfill some requiremnts in real word Infotainment system.\\
 +**From Farshid Monhaseri to Everyone :** I was planing to push some features in current application frame work but with new situation, we have to re-learn AGL :))\\
 +**From Javier Jardón to Everyone :** https://​docs.flatpak.org/​en/​latest/​electron.html\\
 +
 +     * Javier said that they now have meta-flatpak building and running! Repo is available in [[https://​gitlab.com/​CodethinkLabs/​agl/​meta-flatpak/​-/​tree/​AGL | Gitlab]]
 +
 +
 +    * WAM and Flutter (SPEC-3876)
 +      * 6/30 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +      * 7/14 - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​_ACsAg | Confluence page]] was created by Lorenzo and Roger. ​
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +
 +==== June 30, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Hosokawa, Scott. Lorenzo, Marius
 +
 +   * 6/2
 +     * Asked Daniel Stone to update his presentation on app FW changes for the June 15 workshop. ​
 +     * Flutter integration discussed. The thought is that we could do some app FW changes such as enable GRPC to make integration of Flutter simpler rather than creating a bunch of web socket code to enable flutter. We can use the lessons learned from Web Apps to determine the best course.  ​
 +   * 6/30 
 +     * Daniel and Simon {{ :​agl-distro:​collabora_-_agl_f2f_2021-06-15_-_app_framework_update.pdf | made a presentation}} during the F2F meeting. ​
 +     * Collabora looking to free up someone to start on this. 
 +
 +   * 4/4 - Reviewed the [[https://​docs.google.com/​spreadsheets/​d/​1WsFPh_-2wAYE8NvKlBGywYixhhJz9EBlbUR02r0UWF8/​edit?​usp=sharing | roadmap spreadsheet]] and added the tab "Copy of App FW and Security"​ to further refine and group the tasks. ​
 +     * {{ :​eg-app-fw:​wam_cef.pdf |Presentation on Web Apps and CEF}} by Lorenzo
 +     * {{ :​agl-distro:​collabora_-_agl_sat_2021-03-18_-_app_framework.pdf ​ | Presentation from Daniel}} on App FW rework
 +   * 5/19 - Lorenzo presented at the Webengines Hackfest Embedded Session [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=ABb4IoSGeWs ​ | link]]
 +
 +   * 4/11 - CodeThink joined the called and they are interested in participating in flatpak development. Javier also commented that they are in favor of Daniel'​s proposal to more closely follow upstream for the App FW. 
 +     * AWS main concern is security model using SMACK and the current AGL documentation makes it very difficult to develop new apps outside of the AGL demo apps. Would like the focus of new security model and App FW to be on the developer experience and making it easier to develop and deploy new apps. 
 +     * Richard suggested that we build a tutorial on how to develop apps be created in parallel with the development effort.
 +     * Need to think about how we can use flatpak and SELinux can co-exist and create an easy developer experience.
 +   * 5/19 - Javier: waiting for appfw/​Collabora progress. Meanwhile looking into core integration of flatpack into YP (updating support there)
 +   * 6/2 
 +     * Javier - [[ https://​gitlab.com/​CodethinkLabs/​agl/​meta-flatpak/​-/​tree/​coldtom/​update | updated the generic Yocto flatpak recipe]] and verified that it works. Will need to try building with AGL next. 
 +   * 6/30
 +     * No update on meta-flatpak other than it builds. ​
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +    * SPEC-3876 - Lorenzo gave us an update on their work creating Flutter apps that run via WAM. Asked if he could provide a diagram in Confluence on what they are doing with an eye towards how we can resume the apps and other work once we move to Flutter embedder or other non-web based solution. ​
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +==== June 2, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Walt, Scott, Hosokawa, Marius, Bernard, Javier
 +
 +   * 6/2
 +     * Asked Daniel Stone to update his presentation on app FW changes for the June 15 workshop. ​
 +     * Flutter integration discussed. The thought is that we could do some app FW changes such as enable GRPC to make integration of Flutter simpler rather than creating a bunch of web socket code to enable flutter. We can use the lessons learned from Web Apps to determine the best course.  ​
 +
 +   * 4/4 - Reviewed the [[https://​docs.google.com/​spreadsheets/​d/​1WsFPh_-2wAYE8NvKlBGywYixhhJz9EBlbUR02r0UWF8/​edit?​usp=sharing | roadmap spreadsheet]] and added the tab "Copy of App FW and Security"​ to further refine and group the tasks. ​
 +     * {{ :​eg-app-fw:​wam_cef.pdf |Presentation on Web Apps and CEF}} by Lorenzo
 +     * {{ :​agl-distro:​collabora_-_agl_sat_2021-03-18_-_app_framework.pdf ​ | Presentation from Daniel}} on App FW rework
 +   * 5/19 - Lorenzo presented at the Webengines Hackfest Embedded Session [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=ABb4IoSGeWs ​ | link]]
 +
 +   * 4/11 - CodeThink joined the called and they are interested in participating in flatpak development. Javier also commented that they are in favor of Daniel'​s proposal to more closely follow upstream for the App FW. 
 +     * AWS main concern is security model using SMACK and the current AGL documentation makes it very difficult to develop new apps outside of the AGL demo apps. Would like the focus of new security model and App FW to be on the developer experience and making it easier to develop and deploy new apps. 
 +     * Richard suggested that we build a tutorial on how to develop apps be created in parallel with the development effort.
 +     * Need to think about how we can use flatpak and SELinux can co-exist and create an easy developer experience.
 +   * 5/19 - Javier: waiting for appfw/​Collabora progress. Meanwhile looking into core integration of flatpack into YP (updating support there)
 +   * 6/2 
 +     * Javier - [[ https://​gitlab.com/​CodethinkLabs/​agl/​meta-flatpak/​-/​tree/​coldtom/​update | updated the generic Yocto flatpack recipe]] and verified that it works. Will need to try building with AGL next. 
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +
 +
 +
 +==== May 19, 2021  ====
 +Attendees: Jan-Simon, Scott, Javier, Lorenzo, Marius
 +
 +   * 4/4 - Reviewed the [[https://​docs.google.com/​spreadsheets/​d/​1WsFPh_-2wAYE8NvKlBGywYixhhJz9EBlbUR02r0UWF8/​edit?​usp=sharing | roadmap spreadsheet]] and added the tab "Copy of App FW and Security"​ to further refine and group the tasks. ​
 +     * {{ :​eg-app-fw:​wam_cef.pdf |Presentation on Web Apps and CEF}} by Lorenzo
 +     * {{ :​agl-distro:​collabora_-_agl_sat_2021-03-18_-_app_framework.pdf ​ | Presentation from Daniel}} on App FW rework
 +   * 5/19 - Lorenzo presented at the Webengines Hackfest Embedded Session [[https://​www.youtube.com/​watch?​v=ABb4IoSGeWs ​ | link]]
 +
 +   * 4/11 - CodeThink joined the called and they are interested in participating in flatpak development. Javier also commented that they are in favor of Daniel'​s proposal to more closely follow upstream for the App FW. 
 +     * AWS main concern is security model using SMACK and the current AGL documentation makes it very difficult to develop new apps outside of the AGL demo apps. Would like the focus of new security model and App FW to be on the developer experience and making it easier to develop and deploy new apps. 
 +     * Richard suggested that we build a tutorial on how to develop apps be created in parallel with the development effort.
 +     * Need to think about how we can use flatpak and SELinux can co-exist and create an easy developer experience.
 +   * 5/19 - Javier: waiting for appfw/​Collabora progress. Meanwhile looking into core integration of flatpack into YP (updating support there)
 +
 +  * New topics:
 +    * Marius: Development environment for application developer use-case is currently difficult to use. Need to reconsider with new appfw.  ​
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +
  
 ==== April 21, 2021  ==== ==== April 21, 2021  ====
-Attendees: Walt,  ​+Attendees: Walt,  ​Javier Jardon and Mark Green (Codethink),​ Hosokawa, Yamaguchi, Marius, Scott, Date, Kurokawa, Richard
  
-   * Reviewed the [[https://​docs.google.com/​spreadsheets/​d/​1WsFPh_-2wAYE8NvKlBGywYixhhJz9EBlbUR02r0UWF8/​edit?​usp=sharing | roadmap spreadsheet]] and added the tab "Copy of App FW and Security"​ to further refine and group the tasks. ​+   ​* ​4/4 - Reviewed the [[https://​docs.google.com/​spreadsheets/​d/​1WsFPh_-2wAYE8NvKlBGywYixhhJz9EBlbUR02r0UWF8/​edit?​usp=sharing | roadmap spreadsheet]] and added the tab "Copy of App FW and Security"​ to further refine and group the tasks. ​
    * {{ :​eg-app-fw:​wam_cef.pdf |Presentation on Web Apps and CEF}} by Lorenzo    * {{ :​eg-app-fw:​wam_cef.pdf |Presentation on Web Apps and CEF}} by Lorenzo
    * {{ :​agl-distro:​collabora_-_agl_sat_2021-03-18_-_app_framework.pdf ​ | Presentation from Daniel}} on App FW rework    * {{ :​agl-distro:​collabora_-_agl_sat_2021-03-18_-_app_framework.pdf ​ | Presentation from Daniel}} on App FW rework
 +
 +   * 4/11 - CodeThink joined the called and they are interested in participating in flatpak development. Javier also commented that they are in favor of Daniel'​s proposal to more closely follow upstream for the App FW. 
 +   * AWS main concern is security model using SMACK and the current AGL documentation makes it very difficult to develop new apps outside of the AGL demo apps. Would like the focus of new security model and App FW to be on the developer experience and making it easier to develop and deploy new apps. 
 +   * Richard suggested that we build a tutorial on how to develop apps be created in parallel with the development effort.
 +   * Need to think about how we can use flatpak and SELinux can co-exist and create an easy developer experience.
  
   * New topics:   * New topics:
eg-app-fw/meetings.1619008993.txt.gz · Last modified: 2021/04/21 12:43 by waltminer