User Tools

Site Tools


eg-app-fw:meetings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
eg-app-fw:meetings [2019/09/11 12:07]
waltminer
eg-app-fw:meetings [2019/09/11 13:46] (current)
waltminer
Line 24: Line 24:
  
 ==== September 11, 2019 ==== ==== September 11, 2019 ====
-Attendees: ​//Upcoming Meeting//+Attendees: ​Walt, Jan-Simon, Sebastien, Jose, Scott, Loic, Lorenzo, Hosokawa, Li
  
 Priorities for 2019 Priorities for 2019
Line 36: Line 36:
   * 7/31 - Daniel not on call. At the F2F meeting in Tokyo the latest architecture and design were presented and documented on [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​foSP | Confluence]]. ​   * 7/31 - Daniel not on call. At the F2F meeting in Tokyo the latest architecture and design were presented and documented on [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​foSP | Confluence]]. ​
   * 8/28 - No update   * 8/28 - No update
 +  * 9/11 - Daniel attending plumbers this week in Lisbon. ​
  
  * AppFW  * AppFW
Line 43: Line 44:
       * No update       * No update
       * Laurent mentioned https://​www.w3.org/​Submission/​viwi-protocol/​ specifically chapter 7 https://​www.w3.org/​Submission/​viwi-protocol/#​userauth       * Laurent mentioned https://​www.w3.org/​Submission/​viwi-protocol/​ specifically chapter 7 https://​www.w3.org/​Submission/​viwi-protocol/#​userauth
 +    * 9/11 
 +      * Jose added topic to meeting in Berlin. Jose will present what is left to be implemented on the App FW side and get advice on what needs to be done for apps and app developers. ​
  
   * Enable multi-user across the reference platform. - ** Icefish availability depends on priorities **   * Enable multi-user across the reference platform. - ** Icefish availability depends on priorities **
Line 49: Line 52:
     * Only one version of a given app or service will be installed on the system. Note that a service widget itself may choose to internally support multiple versions of its own API within a single widget, but that is up to the service provide to maintain.  ​     * Only one version of a given app or service will be installed on the system. Note that a service widget itself may choose to internally support multiple versions of its own API within a single widget, but that is up to the service provide to maintain.  ​
     * 8/28 - Most parts fixed, services and apps work, few messages in the audit log left to do     * 8/28 - Most parts fixed, services and apps work, few messages in the audit log left to do
-    ​* For existing testplans, grep the systemd log at the end for "​kernel:​ audit:"​ SPEC-2777+      ​* For existing testplans, grep the systemd log at the end for "​kernel:​ audit:"​ SPEC-2777 
 +    * 9/11 - Lower priority than token logic. Added topic to Berlin meeting since we will have many of the OEMs present to ask about requirements. ​
  
   * Security workflow for Device and App developers   * Security workflow for Device and App developers
Line 60: Line 64:
       * found issue w/ dbus integration       * found issue w/ dbus integration
       * plan sept timeframe       * plan sept timeframe
 +    * 9/11 
 +      * Still in development,​ but Jose thinks it can be pushed for review and merge to master. ​ Will add topic to SAT call for tomorrow to make a decision. ​ He has been using the sandbox in his workflow. ​
  
   * Replace obsolete Tizen Security Manager **Icefish **   * Replace obsolete Tizen Security Manager **Icefish **
Line 66: Line 72:
     * Work with Jose and Sebastien on priority and estimates. ​     * Work with Jose and Sebastien on priority and estimates. ​
     * 8/28 - Can keep going for now.     * 8/28 - Can keep going for now.
 +    * 9/11 - Will not replace for now. Keep using the Tizen Security manager for Icefish. ​
  
   * Consent manager and user interface for consent of app installation. ** Need to discuss whether this is a priority for Icefish. **   * Consent manager and user interface for consent of app installation. ** Need to discuss whether this is a priority for Icefish. **
Line 71: Line 78:
   * Activity Manager for Icefish and who will do the work? [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​PQAq | Confluence link]]. ​   * Activity Manager for Icefish and who will do the work? [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​PQAq | Confluence link]]. ​
     * 8/28 - no update     * 8/28 - no update
 +    * 9/11 - no update
  
   * Web App Manager and Migration of Qt Apps to HTML5    * Web App Manager and Migration of Qt Apps to HTML5 
-    * Will work with Igalia on a plan to do this throughout the year. Will announce the plan around the time of the F2F Meeting in May. +    * Working ​with Igalia on a plan to do this throughout the year. 
-    * Update 04/10: no update today. +
-    * 4/24 - Working on rebase of latest upstream WebOS OSE changes to guppy for the 7.0.2 (just a recipe change is needed). +
-    * Working to get some changes upstreamed to LG for WebOS OSE.  +
-    * SPEC-2342 to fix master dependency issue.  +
-  * 6/5 +
-   * Pull requests to upgrade chromium and Web App Manager for Guppy +
-   * Launcher is in progress. Needs a proper UI which Igalia is working on.  +
-  * 6/19 +
-    * Working on the issues listed yesterday in dev call.  +
-    * SPEC-2401 - New launcher in progress.  +
-  * 7/3  +
-    * Lorenzo updated us yesterday on developer call.  +
-    * SPEC-2586 WAM Causing homescreen crash. Working on HTML5 home screen and interfacing directly to Pipewire for audio (SPEC-2343).  +
-  * 7/31 +
-    * Working on some remaining open issues for Halibut +
-    * Working on infrastructure improvements with Jan-Simon to get the web apps into gerrit and building them in CI.  +
-    * Will be starting the upgrade to Chromium 72+
   * 8/28   * 8/28
     * Fixing issues with GPU on m3 (youtube)     * Fixing issues with GPU on m3 (youtube)
Line 99: Line 90:
     * work on homescreen     * work on homescreen
     * Chromium 72 not yet released     * Chromium 72 not yet released
 +  * 9/11 
 +    * Web apps performance issues are being investigated. ​
 +    * Meeting between Igalia and LG to discuss additional app porting work.
    
   * AGL appstore discussion   * AGL appstore discussion
Line 104: Line 98:
     * 8/28     * 8/28
       * No update       * No update
 +    * 9/11 
 +      * No Update
  
   * SPEC-2538 - Jose brought up question about versioning the binders and keeping the version number in the name.    * SPEC-2538 - Jose brought up question about versioning the binders and keeping the version number in the name. 
     * Multiple API versions vs multiple versions of a wgt     * Multiple API versions vs multiple versions of a wgt
     * 8/28 - No update     * 8/28 - No update
 +    * 9/3 - Briefly discussed and added to Berlin agenda. ​ Please comment on ticket in the meanwhile. ​
 +
  
-  * New topics: 
     * Need draft code of new homescreen (e.g. work on landscape mode / igalia )     * Need draft code of new homescreen (e.g. work on landscape mode / igalia )
     * https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​pages/​viewpage.action?​pageId=9406954&​preview=%2F9406954%2F13239788%2Fproposal_container_concept_190808.pptx     * https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​pages/​viewpage.action?​pageId=9406954&​preview=%2F9406954%2F13239788%2Fproposal_container_concept_190808.pptx
     * https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​display/​IC/​Graphics?​preview=/​13239781/​13239799/​AGL_Container_Graphics_rev1.pptx     * https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​display/​IC/​Graphics?​preview=/​13239781/​13239799/​AGL_Container_Graphics_rev1.pptx
  
 +  * New topics:
  
 ==== August 28, 2019 ==== ==== August 28, 2019 ====
eg-app-fw/meetings.txt · Last modified: 2019/09/11 13:46 by waltminer