User Tools

Site Tools


dev-call-info

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
dev-call-info [2020/06/23 13:57]
wminer
dev-call-info [2020/07/07 14:21] (current)
wminer
Line 19: Line 19:
 ==== Meeting Notes ====  ==== Meeting Notes ==== 
  
 +=== Meeting notes for July 7, 2020 ===
 +
 +Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +   * Google Summer of Code 
 +     * Parth Dode - sent a [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8435 | report to the mail list]] on his activities. ​
 +     * Jakub Luzny - sent a [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8490 | report to the mail list]] on his activities. He got AGL working on jailhouse with a RPI4.  ​
 +
 +
 +  * Itchy Icefish -  9.0.3 release scheduled for July 24. Patches due in gerrit by July 17 
 +    * Li's [[ https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8413 | test report sent out]]. Only thing noted was RPI4 audio. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish ​
 +   * RC1 ready for release tomorrow. Waiting on a final test report from Edi.  ​
 +   * RC2 planned for July 24. Patches due in gerrit by July 17.  ​
 +     * 6/23 -Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8492 | test report for master.]].
 +       * Overall looks good. Noted a minor audio issue with KF that can be fixed with a sed command (listed in his report)
 +       * Paul has updates to meta-ti and meta-sancloud that should be going in this week.
 +       * CI Blockers: SPEC-2795, SPEC-3457, SPEC-3466
 +
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +       * 4/7 - George not on call. 
 +       * 4/14 - George still working in things to improve Wire Plumber. Might be ready at the end of the month. ​
 +       * 4/28-George not on the call
 +       * 5/19 - George not on call
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 6/16 - Remote window series of patches have been merged to master. ​ Marius added an architecture diagram (https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​c/​src/​agl-compositor/​+/​24771). Other various updates made to get the code to match the CES 2020 functionality. ​
 +     * 6/23 - Sandbox to be merged (see above). IC receiver in progress. ​
 +       * Marius asked for comments on SPEC-3441 (Policy manager implementation)
 +       * Marius asked for reviews of gerrit 24749 so we can merged for RC1
 +     * 7/7 - Discussed Marius'​s proposed changes to the IC receiver app. Scott did not like the change over to the IC receiver being a Qt app (was XDG only) and would like to see the change reworked. For now we will take the app as is and Scott will write a JIRA ticket with the missing requirements (e.g. not requiring Qt for IC receiver and how to use Gstreamer in a non-Qt context)
 +       * SPEC-3455 - Scaling issues on RPI found by Edi, Agreed to remove the requirement for RPI3 scaling since fixing this requires a lot of work in the platform without much benefit overall since the requirement to support multiple display scalings from a single code base is not seen in Tier One code now. 
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +     * 6/16 - SPEC-2973 merged. Investigating issues with launcher seen on master. Spent time reviewing open tickets in Jira. Working on getting Chromium 72 ready for JJ.  ​
 +     * 6/23 - Lorenzo noted that some of the issues noted in the application testing have turned out to be more generic than the specific app that was tested so they are taking a little longer to fix than expected. Lorenzo will also rework gerrit 24470 once the window manager sandbox is merged. ​ Still working on the Chromium 72 update so it will probably be too late for RC1. 
 +     * 7/7 - Working on problems with master. Getting some additional help from people getting back from holidays in the next weeks. ​
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 6/16 - WirePlumber configuration needs to be finalized (no change from last week)
 +     * 6/23 - SPEC-3410 - Scott reported that on-board audio is dropping out after a few seconds and not returning. Reassigned issue to George. ​ Need to see if George or Julian can take a quick look. 
 +     * 7/7 - Mani continuing to test meta-freescale build. Audio working except HFP calling. There are known issues with HFP audio in general that George or Julian needs to look at.
 +
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +        * 6/9 - Yocto is switching their documentation to Sphinx which is also being used by the Linux kernel documentation folks. ​
 +        * 6/16 - Google Season of Docs applications close in three weeks.  ​
 +        * 6/23 - GSoD applications close in two weeks.
 +        * 7/7 - Boron created two demos 
 +          * https://​github.com/​growupboron/​AGL-GSoD-2020-Demo-Docusaurus
 +          * https://​github.com/​growupboron/​AGL-GSoD-2020-Demo-MkDocs
 +          * https://​agl-gsod-2020-demo-mkdocs.readthedocs.io/​en/​latest/​flounder/​apis_services/​reference/​af-binder/​legacy/​afb-binding-v2-references/​
 +
 +
 +     * Toyota code drop
 +       * 6/16 - Nothing to report
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +   * Mikhail brought up some tickets and Gerrit patches that need review SPEC-3479, SPEC-3480, SPEC-3481.
 +   ​* ​
  
 === Meeting notes for June 30, 2020 === === Meeting notes for June 30, 2020 ===
dev-call-info.1592920663.txt.gz ยท Last modified: 2020/06/23 13:57 by wminer