User Tools

Site Tools


dev-call-info

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
dev-call-info [2020/03/25 00:20]
waltminer
dev-call-info [2020/04/01 00:19] (current)
waltminer
Line 19: Line 19:
 ==== Meeting Notes ====  ==== Meeting Notes ==== 
  
-=== Meeting notes for March 31, 2020 ===+=== Meeting notes for April 28, 2020 ===
  
 First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting// First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
  
 Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​ Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for April 21, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for April 14, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for April 7, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for March 31, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott, Tanikawa
 +
 +  * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 complete. No plan for 8.0.7 
 +
 +
 +   * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.1 planned for April 10. Patches due on Friday (April 3)
 +  ​
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +     * Uprev to zeus on next branch in progress. Scott has a bunch of commits queued up.  ​
 +     * Intel and Qemu looking ok.
 +     * Renesas - done for M3/H3 as well Kingfisher ​
 +     * TI - Zeus now available (initial version, not released yet). Paul needs to retest to see if Sancloud graphics acceleration is ok.  ​
 +     * i.MX6 builds - need a kernel config fix that Scott has,
 +     * RPI 4 ok. RPI 3 not built or tested
 +     * Alexa Auto SDK not explicitly supported. Scott has a fix to up rev to zeus. 
 +     * Jose will do the switch to cynagora for the dbus patches - in review
 +     * 2/11 - Next branch builds for all targets. Should be ready pull next into master. First we should review the gitreview files to make sure they are correct then will put next into master.
 +     * 2/18 - 3 changes still in review for next. Should be ready to pull into master later this week. We've been slowed down by CI issues. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Next branch was merged to master and everything builds. A few issues seen in the board farm that need to be ironed out around NBD. SD-Card boot looks fine. See SPEC-3221 for details. H3 problems seem to be resolved by updating the firmware. See SPEC-3221 for the update procedure. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Net booting still being worked on. Some boards (e.g., Synopsis and others) do not have a zeus BSP layer. Jan-Simon will send email to the list to remind people interested in those boards that they need to provide a BSP layer or we will drop the board from the builds. Deadline is RC2. 
 +     * 3/17- Scott did some work to point AGL/next to the YP master to get a feel for the difficulty in upgrading to YP 3.1 for JJ. Overall went pretty smoothly. ​
 +     * 3/24 - Edi reporting that he needs to tap on icon to start app a couple of times (or it may be a delay in start up based on Jan-Simon'​s testing). Will open a Jira ticket. ​
 +       * SAT will meet later this week to confirm whether we plan to switch to YP 3.1 for JJ.  JJ replan assumptions ​
 +         * May 1 final release of YP 3.1
 +         * All BSPs other than Renesas available May 1
 +         * AGL/next continues to track upstream Yocto so the change over time should be minimized. ​
 +     * 3/31 - Plan of record is now to switch to YP 3.1 (dunfell) for Jumping Jellyfish. There was a problem with apps not starting due to Weston 8 changes, Scott and Marius come up with a workaround. Scott will push the changes to get AGL/next building and starting along with a rebase from master. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 1/14 - Had some luck getting AGL minimal image up and running. Sounds like we need support from NXP to use the Vivante driver and will need some help from NXP to bypass the Vivante driver. ​
 +     * 1/21 - Homescreen comes up, but apps do not run. Manni looking for help but board availability is limited in the community. ​
 +     * 1/28 - i.mx8 running (etnaviv with 4.19 kernel?), but the response is very slow. Scott says that etnaviv support did not come in until the 5.4 kernel so Mani may be running with Vivante is some strange state. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Now looking at SPEC-3149 - Added Marius as a watcher. Scott is flying back from Brussels.
 +     * 2/11 - Making some progress. See SPEC-3149 for details. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Got Vivante driver working. Having audio issues with PipeWire config. See SPEC-3183 for details. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Audio issues still in flight (SPEC-3183). There is a general issue with PipeWire for i.MX devices that needs to be resolved upstream based on the work that was done for PulseAudio in the past. 
 +     * 3/10 - Latest work is documented in SPEC-3258. Scott focusing on getting etnaviv working on master. There is no Weston 7 support for zeus so this may be an issue. ​ Walt could try poking NXP as to their plan for Weston 7 or 8 for i.MX8.  ​
 +     * 3/17 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 3/24 - Nothing to report
 +     * 3/31 - Nothing to report
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +
  
  
dev-call-info.1585095638.txt.gz ยท Last modified: 2020/03/25 00:20 by waltminer