User Tools

Site Tools


dev-call-info

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
dev-call-info [2020/03/24 13:44]
waltminer
dev-call-info [2020/06/02 13:51] (current)
waltminer
Line 18: Line 18:
 -------- --------
 ==== Meeting Notes ====  ==== Meeting Notes ==== 
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for June 23, 2020 ===
 +
 +Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for June 16, 2020 ===
 +
 +Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for June 9, 2020 ===
 +
 +Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for June 2, 2020 ===
 +
 +Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +   * Google Summer of Code 
 +     * Parth Dode - working out the Yocto layers that need to be built to support Jailhouse
 +     * Jakub Luzny - working out local build issues. Switching to a Debian based machine which should clear things up. 
 +
 +  * Itchy Icefish - [[ https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8391 | 9.0.2 Pre-release]] sent out by Jan-Simon earlier today,
 +    * 15 - 20 patches total. 4 or 5 critical App FW bugs plus latest on thud from Yocto. ​
 +    * Jan-Simon noted that thud is no longer actively supported by Yocto. It is now community supported and there is no identified maintainer. We can consider it EOL. 
 +
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +
 +     * 4/28 - Yocto 3.1 (dunfell branch) merged from next to master is complete. ​
 +       * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8278 | test report]]
 +       * Paul will look at the Sancloud BBE BSP in the next week, 
 +       * Jan-Simon noted that cloning may be temporarily broken because the Yocto certificate expired on their server. ​
 +     * 5/5 -     * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8315 | test report for master.]].
 +       * SPEC-3353 - serial console on upsquare - Scott has a patch for uploaded in gerrit
 +       * SPEC-3350 - Weston crashing on HID disconnect - Scott digging around SMACK policies.
 +     * 5/12 -Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8339 | test report for master.]].
 +       * Edi indicated both of these were fixed, but he did a special build to include SPEC 3350. 
 +       * SPEC-3353 - serial console on upsquare ​
 +       * SPEC-3350 - Weston crashing on HID disconnect - now merged as of the second call
 +     * 5/19 - Edi says things are looking good. 
 +       * Paul reports BBE is looking good and should be ready to be submitted.
 +       * SPEC-3380 - Renesas BSP 3.21 has been released for dunfell and is in progress to be ready for AGL. 
 +     * 5/26 -Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8369 | test report for master.]].
 +       * BBE should be ready to go with one more update planned.
 +       * SPEC-3380 - Stephane looks like he is ready to merge initial Renesas BSP 3.21.  ​
 +     * 6/2 -Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8389 | test report for master.]].
 +       * SPEC-3389 0- Navi not navigating, Shows map but not routing. ​
 +       * M3/H3 both working without Kingfisher after merge of SPEC-3380. ​
 +       * Kingfisher - initial layer expected from Cogent next week so we should be on track to have KF included in JJ RC1 on July 3. 
 +       * BBE updates should be pushed next week to improve stability. ​
 +       * Point release of dunfell is expected in the week or two.    ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +       * 4/7 - George not on call. 
 +       * 4/14 - George still working in things to improve Wire Plumber. Might be ready at the end of the month. ​
 +       * 4/28-George not on the call
 +       * 5/19 - George not on call
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +     * 4/7 - Marius started looking at CES demo issues that were brought up by Daniel; Pop-ups being the first issue. Will work with Scott to do some of the testing where Alexa is required. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Continuing to work on the home screen implementation. ​
 +     * 4/21 - Marius continuing to work on CES 2020 demo equivalence. Posted a series of patches this morning and should be done with the rest shortly. Started playing with H3 board as well as QEMU. 
 +     * 4/28 - Marius submitted a set of patches to gerrit for the AGL compositor to get the pop-up windows to work. Also started work on the split screen requirements discussed during the App FW EG call last week,
 +     * 5/5 - Marius has code working for splitting the screen. Can be customized as far as locations of split (left, right, top, bottom) and the number of splits. ​ Waiting for reviews of the pop-up window code for the compositor. ​ Reviewers were assigned last week in gerrit.  ​
 +     * 5/12 - Marius reporting major issue (SPEC-3367) with systemd and app framework when applications crash or are stopped. Pushed a series of updates to Weston 8 from upstream. Looking at removing "​Weston Ready" the workaround that was put in to fix an intermittent problem. ​
 +     * 5/19 - Getting close to CES demo equivalence. SPEC-3379 written to address window sizing issues with some of the demo apps.  Split screen code in gerrit for review. Marius will send an email to describe how to enable things and Edi can start testing. ​
 +     * 5/26 - Working on remote windows for CES IC demo. 
 +       * [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8368 |  Email sent]] that describes how to test the new compositor and window manager. Konsulko will give it a try. 
 +     * 6/2 - Need reviews of the split screen patches. Will add additional reviewers to the gerrit reviews. Remote Weston patches are waiting on the split surface patches to be accepted so we need those reviewed ASAP. 
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +     * 4/7 - Having some problems with home screen on the H3 board that are not seen on RPI4 on master. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Problems with Chromium 72 on master being looked at. 
 +     * 4/21 - SPEC-3268 AGL landscape mode. Also still looking at Chromium 72 issues. ​
 +     * 4/28 - Chromium upgrade still in progress and looking at issues with the H3. Getting help from Marius. Will need to look at the dunfell upgrade as well since that may break Chromium.
 +     * 5/5 - Landscape mode patch (gerrit 24470) creates a new feature for HTML5 landscape so it does not interfere with the Qt apps. Looking at dunfell update. ​
 +     * 5/12 - Updates to dunfell require Python 3 now and Chromium still has dependencies on Python 2 that need to be cleaned up. There is now a work around from Yocto (meta-python2) that builds Python 2 into dunfell. Jan-Simon will look into adding it. 
 +     * 5/19 - Still struggling with the Chromium update. Python 2 issue should be resolved with inclusion of gerrit 24504 to add meta-python2
 +     * 5/26 - Chromium now builds for master. Image fails due to problems with the widget files. Will use the same approach as outlined in SPEC-2049 for the Web App widgets. ​
 +     * 6/2 - SPEC-3397 is being used to fix the widget issues. Will be pushing an Icefish update that we will pick up in 9.0.3. ​
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 4/7 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Manni has AGL up and running on I.MX8 EVK and they are trying to add some features mostly a hypervisor. Seeing problems with audio drops as well.   
 +     * 4/21 - Nothing to report
 +     * 4/28 - Nothing to report. Still seeing issue with audio drops. ​
 +     * 5/5 - Scott trying a machine template with meta-freescale layers which were updated for the EVK, Some differences between EVK and EVK B noted since they changed the BT and Wifi hardware, but those should be fixable, ​
 +     * 5/12 - Scott uploaded the machine template to gerrit for i.mx8 (gerrit 24482 and 24492). Scott gets audio with USB but has not figured out on board audio other than noting that PipeWire does not crash. ​
 +     * 5/19 - Not much to report. ​
 +     * 5/26 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 6/2 - Nothing to report. ​
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +       * 4/7 - Nao asked to revert her pull request. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources/​pull/​13
 +       * Paul and Nao mentioned problems with updating documentation and seeing it locally. Paul documented these problems in SPEC-3190 - SPEC-3193 (4 issues). Need to find someone to go look at this. 
 +       * 4/14 - Pull requests from last week are merged. ​ No update on how to include local branches. ​
 +       * 4/21 - Jan-Simon has found no way to include local branches. Would need to replace everything your local GitHub version. Jan-Simin will try to add some instructions for doing that. 
 +       * 4/28 - Parth reporting that he is having problems with the docker container and logging in. See https://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​en/​master/​devguides/​reference/​xds/​part-1/​server-part.html  ​
 +       * Paul gave a suggestion to change the password using docker exec commands, Parth will try and update the documentation as needed . 
 +       * 5/5 - Parth got past his docker container problem and will update the documentation. ​
 +       * 5/12 - Nothing to report ​
 +       * 5/19 - AGL is participating in the [[https://​wiki.linuxfoundation.org/​gsoc/​google-season-of-docs-2020 | Google Season of Docs]]. ​
 +       * 6/2 - Shankho started looking at AGL docs as part of Google Season of Docs preparation. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Toyota code drop
 +       * Jan-Simon created a [[https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​staging/​toyota/​tree/?​h=sandbox%2Fjsmoeller%2Fdiff_to_halibut_8.0.2 | sandbox]] that diffs the recipes from Halibut 8.0.2
 +       * Marius wondering what the implications and/or expectations of the Toyota code are on the compositor and window manager design. ​
 +       * Walt will try to get some clarification on the SC call tonight. ​
 +       * Yamaguchi-san did some analysis of the Toyota code drop and says that topics included are very low level and would have no impact on the compositor and window manager. ​ Will follow up with Ohiwa-san during SAT call on Thursday. ​
 +       * 4/28 - Confirmed with Toyota that there are no requirement for window manager and compositor in the Toyota code drop so far. 
 +       * 5/5 - Nothing to report. ​
 +       * 5/12 - Nothing to report. See SAT meeting from last week for more information. ​
 +       * 5/19 - Nothing to report
 +       * 5/26 - Nothing to report
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +   * Thomas reported that he is making progress on the CAN message conversion tool. See https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​topic/​69696253#​8378 for more details. Github https://​github.com/​walzert/​dbc2json
 +   * Mikhail discussed issues with gerrit 24483. Jan-Simon suggested looking at https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​AGL/​meta-agl/​tree/​meta-agl-bsp/​meta-iot-cloud/​recipes-azure/​umock-c/​umock-c_%25.bbappend
 +   * [[https://​events.linuxfoundation.org/​agl-amm-summer/​program/​cfp/​| CFP is open]] for the [[ https://​events.linuxfoundation.org/​agl-amm-summer/​ | Virtual All Member Meeting]] being held July 15 - 16
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for May 26, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees:​Walt,​ Jan-Simon, Scott, Parth, Jakub, Marius, Edi, Leon, Paul, Lorenzo, Michael, Raquel, Hosokawa, Tanikawa, Kurokawa, Yamaguchi
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott, Tanikawa, Yamaguchi, Guy
 +
 +   * Google Summer of Code 
 +     * Parth Dode
 +     * Jakub Luzny
 +
 +  * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.2 planned for June 5. Patches due May 27. 
 +  * 
 +  Overall looks good. 
 +     * 4/28 - RTL issue reported by Li last week (SPEC-2305) could not be reproduced by Edi or Scott in their testing. ​
 +     * 5/5 - Nothing major reported. Only one patch in queue
 +     * 5/26 - On schedule for next week. Nothing in queue to be merged., ​
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +
 +     * 4/28 - Yocto 3.1 (dunfell branch) merged from next to master is complete. ​
 +       * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8278 | test report]]
 +       * Paul will look at the Sancloud BBE BSP in the next week, 
 +       * Jan-Simon noted that cloning may be temporarily broken because the Yocto certificate expired on their server. ​
 +     * 5/5 -     * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8315 | test report for master.]].
 +       * SPEC-3353 - serial console on upsquare - Scott has a patch for uploaded in gerrit
 +       * SPEC-3350 - Weston crashing on HID disconnect - Scott digging around SMACK policies.
 +     * 5/12 -Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8339 | test report for master.]].
 +       * Edi indicated both of these were fixed, but he did a special build to include SPEC 3350. 
 +       * SPEC-3353 - serial console on upsquare ​
 +       * SPEC-3350 - Weston crashing on HID disconnect - now merged as of the second call
 +     * 5/19 - Edi says things are looking good. 
 +       * Paul reports BBE is looking good and should be ready to be submitted.
 +       * SPEC-3380 - Renesas BSP 3.21 has been released for dunfell and is in progress to be ready for AGL. 
 +     * 5/26 -Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8369 | test report for master.]].
 +       * BBE should be ready to go with one more update planned.
 +       * SPEC-3380 - Stephane looks like he is ready to merge initial Renesas BSP 3.21.  ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +       * 4/7 - George not on call. 
 +       * 4/14 - George still working in things to improve Wire Plumber. Might be ready at the end of the month. ​
 +       * 4/28-George not on the call
 +       * 5/19 - George not on call
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +     * 4/7 - Marius started looking at CES demo issues that were brought up by Daniel; Pop-ups being the first issue. Will work with Scott to do some of the testing where Alexa is required. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Continuing to work on the home screen implementation. ​
 +     * 4/21 - Marius continuing to work on CES 2020 demo equivalence. Posted a series of patches this morning and should be done with the rest shortly. Started playing with H3 board as well as QEMU. 
 +     * 4/28 - Marius submitted a set of patches to gerrit for the AGL compositor to get the pop-up windows to work. Also started work on the split screen requirements discussed during the App FW EG call last week,
 +     * 5/5 - Marius has code working for splitting the screen. Can be customized as far as locations of split (left, right, top, bottom) and the number of splits. ​ Waiting for reviews of the pop-up window code for the compositor. ​ Reviewers were assigned last week in gerrit.  ​
 +     * 5/12 - Marius reporting major issue (SPEC-3367) with systemd and app framework when applications crash or are stopped. Pushed a series of updates to Weston 8 from upstream. Looking at removing "​Weston Ready" the workaround that was put in to fix an intermittent problem. ​
 +     * 5/19 - Getting close to CES demo equivalence. SPEC-3379 written to address window sizing issues with some of the demo apps.  Split screen code in gerrit for review. Marius will send an email to describe how to enable things and Edi can start testing. ​
 +     * 5/26 - Working on remote windows for CES IC demo. 
 +       * [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8368 |  Email sent]] that describes how to test the new compositor and window manager. Konsulko will give it a try. 
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +     * 4/7 - Having some problems with home screen on the H3 board that are not seen on RPI4 on master. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Problems with Chromium 72 on master being looked at. 
 +     * 4/21 - SPEC-3268 AGL landscape mode. Also still looking at Chromium 72 issues. ​
 +     * 4/28 - Chromium upgrade still in progress and looking at issues with the H3. Getting help from Marius. Will need to look at the dunfell upgrade as well since that may break Chromium.
 +     * 5/5 - Landscape mode patch (gerrit 24470) creates a new feature for HTML5 landscape so it does not interfere with the Qt apps. Looking at dunfell update. ​
 +     * 5/12 - Updates to dunfell require Python 3 now and Chromium still has dependencies on Python 2 that need to be cleaned up. There is now a work around from Yocto (meta-python2) that builds Python 2 into dunfell. Jan-Simon will look into adding it. 
 +     * 5/19 - Still struggling with the Chromium update. Python 2 issue should be resolved with inclusion of gerrit 24504 to add meta-python2
 +     * 5/26 - Chromium now builds for master. Image fails due to problems with the widget files. Will use the same approach as outlined in SPEC-2049 for the Web App widgets. ​
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 4/7 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Manni has AGL up and running on I.MX8 EVK and they are trying to add some features mostly a hypervisor. Seeing problems with audio drops as well.   
 +     * 4/21 - Nothing to report
 +     * 4/28 - Nothing to report. Still seeing issue with audio drops. ​
 +     * 5/5 - Scott trying a machine template with meta-freescale layers which were updated for the EVK, Some differences between EVK and EVK B noted since they changed the BT and Wifi hardware, but those should be fixable, ​
 +     * 5/12 - Scott uploaded the machine template to gerrit for i.mx8 (gerrit 24482 and 24492). Scott gets audio with USB but has not figured out on board audio other than noting that PipeWire does not crash. ​
 +     * 5/19 - Not much to report. ​
 +     * 5/26 - Nothing to report. ​
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +       * 4/7 - Nao asked to revert her pull request. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources/​pull/​13
 +       * Paul and Nao mentioned problems with updating documentation and seeing it locally. Paul documented these problems in SPEC-3190 - SPEC-3193 (4 issues). Need to find someone to go look at this. 
 +       * 4/14 - Pull requests from last week are merged. ​ No update on how to include local branches. ​
 +       * 4/21 - Jan-Simon has found no way to include local branches. Would need to replace everything your local GitHub version. Jan-Simin will try to add some instructions for doing that. 
 +       * 4/28 - Parth reporting that he is having problems with the docker container and logging in. See https://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​en/​master/​devguides/​reference/​xds/​part-1/​server-part.html  ​
 +       * Paul gave a suggestion to change the password using docker exec commands, Parth will try and update the documentation as needed . 
 +       * 5/5 - Parth got past his docker container problem and will update the documentation. ​
 +       * 5/12 - Nothing to report ​
 +       * 5/19 - AGL is participating in the [[https://​wiki.linuxfoundation.org/​gsoc/​google-season-of-docs-2020 | Google Season of Docs]]. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Toyota code drop
 +       * Jan-Simon created a [[https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​staging/​toyota/​tree/?​h=sandbox%2Fjsmoeller%2Fdiff_to_halibut_8.0.2 | sandbox]] that diffs the recipes from Halibut 8.0.2
 +       * Marius wondering what the implications and/or expectations of the Toyota code are on the compositor and window manager design. ​
 +       * Walt will try to get some clarification on the SC call tonight. ​
 +       * Yamaguchi-san did some analysis of the Toyota code drop and says that topics included are very low level and would have no impact on the compositor and window manager. ​ Will follow up with Ohiwa-san during SAT call on Thursday. ​
 +       * 4/28 - Confirmed with Toyota that there are no requirement for window manager and compositor in the Toyota code drop so far. 
 +       * 5/5 - Nothing to report. ​
 +       * 5/12 - Nothing to report. See SAT meeting from last week for more information. ​
 +       * 5/19 - Nothing to report
 +       * 5/26 - Nothing to report
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +   * Michael reported that mid-June delivery of the new microphones is likely. ​
 +   * Reference hardware being delivered by Panasonic to LF office in Yokohama at the end of this week. 
 +   * Second session participants agreed that we cancel the second session going forward due to lack of attendees,​. ​
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for May 19, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Thomas, Mikhail Z, Jakub, Leonid, Chris, Stephane, Lorenzo, Paul, Raquel, Parth, Li, Tanikawa, Hosokawa, Kurokawa, Marius, Edi,  ​
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott, Dr, Yamaguchi
 +
 +   * Google Summer of Code 
 +     * Parth Dode
 +     * Jakub Luzny
 +
 +  * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.2 planned for June 5. Patches due May 27. 
 +  * 
 +  Overall looks good. 
 +     * 4/28 - RTL issue reported by Li last week (SPEC-2305) could not be reproduced by Edi or Scott in their testing. ​
 +     * 5/5 - Nothing major reported. Only one patch in queue
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +
 +     * 4/28 - Yocto 3.1 (dunfell branch) merged from next to master is complete. ​
 +       * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8278 | test report]]
 +       * Paul will look at the Sancloud BBE BSP in the next week, 
 +       * Jan-Simon noted that cloning may be temporarily broken because the Yocto certificate expired on their server. ​
 +     * 5/5 -     * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8315 | test report for master.]].
 +       * SPEC-3353 - serial console on upsquare - Scott has a patch for uploaded in gerrit
 +       * SPEC-3350 - Weston crashing on HID disconnect - Scott digging around SMACK policies.
 +     * 5/12 -Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8339 | test report for master.]].
 +       * Edi indicated both of these were fixed, but he did a special build to include SPEC 3350. 
 +       * SPEC-3353 - serial console on upsquare ​
 +       * SPEC-3350 - Weston crashing on HID disconnect - now merged as of the second call
 +     * 5/19 - Edi says things are looking good. 
 +       * Paul reports BBE is looking good and should be ready to be submitted.
 +       * SPEC-3380 - Renesas BSP 3.21 has been released for dunfell and is in progress to be ready for AGL. 
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +       * 4/7 - George not on call. 
 +       * 4/14 - George still working in things to improve Wire Plumber. Might be ready at the end of the month. ​
 +       * 4/28-George not on the call
 +       * 5/19 - George not on call
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +     * 4/7 - Marius started looking at CES demo issues that were brought up by Daniel; Pop-ups being the first issue. Will work with Scott to do some of the testing where Alexa is required. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Continuing to work on the home screen implementation. ​
 +     * 4/21 - Marius continuing to work on CES 2020 demo equivalence. Posted a series of patches this morning and should be done with the rest shortly. Started playing with H3 board as well as QEMU. 
 +     * 4/28 - Marius submitted a set of patches to gerrit for the AGL compositor to get the pop-up windows to work. Also started work on the split screen requirements discussed during the App FW EG call last week,
 +     * 5/5 - Marius has code working for splitting the screen. Can be customized as far as locations of split (left, right, top, bottom) and the number of splits. ​ Waiting for reviews of the pop-up window code for the compositor. ​ Reviewers were assigned last week in gerrit.  ​
 +     * 5/12 - Marius reporting major issue (SPEC-3367) with systemd and app framework when applications crash or are stopped. Pushed a series of updates to Weston 8 from upstream. Looking at removing "​Weston Ready" the workaround that was put in to fix an intermittent problem. ​
 +     * 5/19 - Getting close to CES demo equivalence. SPEC-3379 written to address window sizing issues with some of the demo apps.  Split screen code in gerrit for review. Marius will send an email to describe how to enable things and Edi can start testing. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +     * 4/7 - Having some problems with home screen on the H3 board that are not seen on RPI4 on master. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Problems with Chromium 72 on master being looked at. 
 +     * 4/21 - SPEC-3268 AGL landscape mode. Also still looking at Chromium 72 issues. ​
 +     * 4/28 - Chromium upgrade still in progress and looking at issues with the H3. Getting help from Marius. Will need to look at the dunfell upgrade as well since that may break Chromium.
 +     * 5/5 - Landscape mode patch (gerrit 24470) creates a new feature for HTML5 landscape so it does not interfere with the Qt apps. Looking at dunfell update. ​
 +     * 5/12 - Updates to dunfell require Python 3 now and Chromium still has dependencies on Python 2 that need to be cleaned up. There is now a work around from Yocto (meta-python2) that builds Python 2 into dunfell. Jan-Simon will look into adding it. 
 +     * 5/19 - Still struggling with the Chromium update. Python 2 issue should be resolved with inclusion of gerrit 24504 to add meta-python2
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 4/7 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Manni has AGL up and running on I.MX8 EVK and they are trying to add some features mostly a hypervisor. Seeing problems with audio drops as well.   
 +     * 4/21 - Nothing to report
 +     * 4/28 - Nothing to report. Still seeing issue with audio drops. ​
 +     * 5/5 - Scott trying a machine template with meta-freescale layers which were updated for the EVK, Some differences between EVK and EVK B noted since they changed the BT and Wifi hardware, but those should be fixable, ​
 +     * 5/12 - Scott uploaded the machine template to gerrit for i.mx8 (gerrit 24482 and 24492). Scott gets audio with USB but has not figured out on board audio other than noting that PipeWire does not crash. ​
 +     * 5/19 - Not much to report. ​
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +       * 4/7 - Nao asked to revert her pull request. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources/​pull/​13
 +       * Paul and Nao mentioned problems with updating documentation and seeing it locally. Paul documented these problems in SPEC-3190 - SPEC-3193 (4 issues). Need to find someone to go look at this. 
 +       * 4/14 - Pull requests from last week are merged. ​ No update on how to include local branches. ​
 +       * 4/21 - Jan-Simon has found no way to include local branches. Would need to replace everything your local GitHub version. Jan-Simin will try to add some instructions for doing that. 
 +       * 4/28 - Parth reporting that he is having problems with the docker container and logging in. See https://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​en/​master/​devguides/​reference/​xds/​part-1/​server-part.html  ​
 +       * Paul gave a suggestion to change the password using docker exec commands, Parth will try and update the documentation as needed . 
 +       * 5/5 - Parth got past his docker container problem and will update the documentation. ​
 +       * 5/12 - Nothing to report ​
 +       * 5/19 - AGL is participating in the [[https://​wiki.linuxfoundation.org/​gsoc/​google-season-of-docs-2020 | Google Season of Docs]]. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Toyota code drop
 +       * Jan-Simon created a [[https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​staging/​toyota/​tree/?​h=sandbox%2Fjsmoeller%2Fdiff_to_halibut_8.0.2 | sandbox]] that diffs the recipes from Halibut 8.0.2
 +       * Marius wondering what the implications and/or expectations of the Toyota code are on the compositor and window manager design. ​
 +       * Walt will try to get some clarification on the SC call tonight. ​
 +       * Yamaguchi-san did some analysis of the Toyota code drop and says that topics included are very low level and would have no impact on the compositor and window manager. ​ Will follow up with Ohiwa-san during SAT call on Thursday. ​
 +       * 4/28 - Confirmed with Toyota that there are no requirement for window manager and compositor in the Toyota code drop so far. 
 +       * 5/5 - Nothing to report. ​
 +       * 5/12 - Nothing to report. See SAT meeting from last week for more information. ​
 +       * 5/19 - Nothing to report
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +   * Mikhail brought up the XEN patches that were submitted (SPEC-3259)
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for May 12, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Edi, Marius, Leon, Lorenzo, Manni, Li, Vipul, Thomas, Paul. Stephane, Raquel, Sadiq, Matt P, Corey, Tanikawa, Kusakabe, Yamaguchi, Hosokawa, Farshid Monhaseri
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott, Parth, Jan-Simon, Dr. Y
 +
 +   * Google Summer of Code - next week
 +     * Parth Dode
 +     * Jakub Luzny
 +
 +  * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.2 planned for June 5. Patches due May 27. 
 +  * 
 +  Overall looks good. 
 +     * 4/28 - RTL issue reported by Li last week (SPEC-2305) could not be reproduced by Edi or Scott in their testing. ​
 +     * 5/5 - Nothing major reported. Only one patch in queue
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +
 +     * 4/28 - Yocto 3.1 (dunfell branch) merged from next to master is complete. ​
 +       * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8278 | test report]]
 +       * Paul will look at the Sancloud BBE BSP in the next week, 
 +       * Jan-Simon noted that cloning may be temporarily broken because the Yocto certificate expired on their server. ​
 +     * 5/5 -     * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8315 | test report for master.]].
 +       * SPEC-3353 - serial console on upsquare - Scott has a patch for uploaded in gerrit
 +       * SPEC-3350 - Weston crashing on HID disconnect - Scott digging around SMACK policies.
 +     * 5/12 -Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8339 | test report for master.]].
 +       * Edi indicated both of these were fixed, but he did a special build to include SPEC 3350. 
 +       * SPEC-3353 - serial console on upsquare ​
 +       * SPEC-3350 - Weston crashing on HID disconnect - now merged as of the second call
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +       * 4/7 - George not on call. 
 +       * 4/14 - George still working in things to improve Wire Plumber. Might be ready at the end of the month. ​
 +       * 4/28-George not on the call
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +     * 4/7 - Marius started looking at CES demo issues that were brought up by Daniel; Pop-ups being the first issue. Will work with Scott to do some of the testing where Alexa is required. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Continuing to work on the home screen implementation. ​
 +     * 4/21 - Marius continuing to work on CES 2020 demo equivalence. Posted a series of patches this morning and should be done with the rest shortly. Started playing with H3 board as well as QEMU. 
 +     * 4/28 - Marius submitted a set of patches to gerrit for the AGL compositor to get the pop-up windows to work. Also started work on the split screen requirements discussed during the App FW EG call last week,
 +     * 5/5 - Marius has code working for splitting the screen. Can be customized as far as locations of split (left, right, top, bottom) and the number of splits. ​ Waiting for reviews of the pop-up window code for the compositor. ​ Reviewers were assigned last week in gerrit.  ​
 +     * 5/12 - Marius reporting major issue (SPEC-3367) with systemd and app framework when applications crash or are stopped. Pushed a series of updates to Weston 8 from upstream. Looking at removing "​Weston Ready" the workaround that was put in to fix an intermittent problem. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +     * 4/7 - Having some problems with home screen on the H3 board that are not seen on RPI4 on master. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Problems with Chromium 72 on master being looked at. 
 +     * 4/21 - SPEC-3268 AGL landscape mode. Also still looking at Chromium 72 issues. ​
 +     * 4/28 - Chromium upgrade still in progress and looking at issues with the H3. Getting help from Marius. Will need to look at the dunfell upgrade as well since that may break Chromium.
 +     * 5/5 - Landscape mode patch (gerrit 24470) creates a new feature for HTML5 landscape so it does not interfere with the Qt apps. Looking at dunfell update. ​
 +     * 5/12 - Updates to dunfell require Python 3 now and Chromium still has dependencies on Python 2 that need to be cleaned up. There is now a work around from Yocto (meta-python2) that builds Python 2 into dunfell. Jan-Simon will look into adding it. 
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 4/7 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Manni has AGL up and running on I.MX8 EVK and they are trying to add some features mostly a hypervisor. Seeing problems with audio drops as well.   
 +     * 4/21 - Nothing to report
 +     * 4/28 - Nothing to report. Still seeing issue with audio drops. ​
 +     * 5/5 - Scott trying a machine template with meta-freescale layers which were updated for the EVK, Some differences between EVK and EVK B noted since they changed the BT and Wifi hardware, but those should be fixable, ​
 +     * 5/12 - Scott uploaded the machine template to gerrit for i.mx8 (gerrit 24482 and 24492). Scott gets audio with USB but has not figured out on board audio other than noting that PipeWire does not crash. ​
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +       * 4/7 - Nao asked to revert her pull request. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources/​pull/​13
 +       * Paul and Nao mentioned problems with updating documentation and seeing it locally. Paul documented these problems in SPEC-3190 - SPEC-3193 (4 issues). Need to find someone to go look at this. 
 +       * 4/14 - Pull requests from last week are merged. ​ No update on how to include local branches. ​
 +       * 4/21 - Jan-Simon has found no way to include local branches. Would need to replace everything your local GitHub version. Jan-Simin will try to add some instructions for doing that. 
 +       * 4/28 - Parth reporting that he is having problems with the docker container and logging in. See https://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​en/​master/​devguides/​reference/​xds/​part-1/​server-part.html  ​
 +       * Paul gave a suggestion to change the password using docker exec commands, Parth will try and update the documentation as needed . 
 +       * 5/5 - Parth got past his docker container problem and will update the documentation. ​
 +       * 5/12 - Nothing to report ​
 +
 +
 +     * Toyota code drop
 +       * Jan-Simon created a [[https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​staging/​toyota/​tree/?​h=sandbox%2Fjsmoeller%2Fdiff_to_halibut_8.0.2 | sandbox]] that diffs the recipes from Halibut 8.0.2
 +       * Marius wondering what the implications and/or expectations of the Toyota code are on the compositor and window manager design. ​
 +       * Walt will try to get some clarification on the SC call tonight. ​
 +       * Yamaguchi-san did some analysis of the Toyota code drop and says that topics included are very low level and would have no impact on the compositor and window manager. ​ Will follow up with Ohiwa-san during SAT call on Thursday. ​
 +       * 4/28 - Confirmed with Toyota that there are no requirement for window manager and compositor in the Toyota code drop so far. 
 +       * 5/5 - Nothing to report. ​
 +       * 5/12 - Nothing to report. See SAT meeting from last week for more information. ​
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +   * Paul - Sancloud BBE now working with dunfell. To be tested with AGL master this week. 
 +   * ELSISA workshop next week. Schedule is [[https://​elisa.tech/​announcement/​2020/​05/​13/​collaborate-virtually-at-elisa-may-workshop/​ | here]] ​
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for May 5, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Parth, Edi, Marius, Leon, Matt P, Corey, Thomas, Jean-Baptiste,​ Paul, Raquel, Chris, Michael, Lorenzo, Stephane, Changhyeok, Hosokawa
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Meeting canceled due to Golden Week
 +
 +  * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.2 planned for June 5. Patches due May 27. 
 +  * 
 +  Overall looks good. 
 +     * 4/28 - RTL issue reported by Li last week (SPEC-2305) could not be reproduced by Edi or Scott in their testing. ​
 +     * 5/5 - Nothing major reported. Only patch in queue
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +
 +     * 4/28 - Yocto 3.1 (dunfell branch) merged from next to master is complete. ​
 +       * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8278 | test report]]
 +       * Paul will look at the Sancloud BBE BSP in the next week, 
 +       * Jan-Simon noted that cloning may be temporarily broken because the Yocto certificate expired on their server. ​
 +     * 5/5 -     * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8315 | test report for master.]].
 +       * SPEC-3353 - serial console on upsquare - Scott has a patch for uploaded in gerrit
 +       * SPEC-3350 - Weston crashing on HID disconnect - Scott digging around SMACK policies.
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +       * 4/7 - George not on call. 
 +       * 4/14 - George still working in things to improve Wire Plumber. Might be ready at the end of the month. ​
 +       * 4/28-George not on the call
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +     * 4/7 - Marius started looking at CES demo issues that were brought up by Daniel; Pop-ups being the first issue. Will work with Scott to do some of the testing where Alexa is required. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Continuing to work on the home screen implementation. ​
 +     * 4/21 - Marius continuing to work on CES 2020 demo equivalence. Posted a series of patches this morning and should be done with the rest shortly. Started playing with H3 board as well as QEMU. 
 +     * 4/28 - Marius submitted a set of patches to gerrit for the AGL compositor to get the pop-up windows to work. Also started work on the split screen requirements discussed during the App FW EG call last week,
 +     * 5/5 - Marius has code working for splitting the screen. Can be customized as far as locations of split (left, right, top, bottom) and the number of splits. ​ Waiting for reviews of the pop-up window code for the compositor. ​ Reviewers were assigned last week in gerrit.  ​
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +     * 4/7 - Having some problems with home screen on the H3 board that are not seen on RPI4 on master. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Problems with Chromium 72 on master being looked at. 
 +     * 4/21 - SPEC-3268 AGL landscape mode. Also still looking at Chromium 72 issues. ​
 +     * 4/28 - Chromium upgrade still in progress and looking at issues with the H3. Getting help from Marius. Will need to look at the dunfell upgrade as well since that may break Chromium.
 +     * 5/5 - Landscape mode patch (gerrit 24470) creates a new feature for HTML5 landscape so it does not interfere with the Qt apps. Looking at dunfell update. ​
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 4/7 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Manni has AGL up and running on I.MX8 EVK and they are trying to add some features mostly a hypervisor. Seeing problems with audio drops as well.   
 +     * 4/21 - Nothing to report
 +     * 4/28 - Nothing to report. Still seeing issue with audio drops. ​
 +     * 5/5 - Scott trying a machine template with meta-freescale layers which were updated for the EVK, Some differences between EVK and EVK B noted since they changed the BT and Wifi hardware, but those should be fixable, ​
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +       * 4/7 - Nao asked to revert her pull request. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources/​pull/​13
 +       * Paul and Nao mentioned problems with updating documentation and seeing it locally. Paul documented these problems in SPEC-3190 - SPEC-3193 (4 issues). Need to find someone to go look at this. 
 +       * 4/14 - Pull requests from last week are merged. ​ No update on how to include local branches. ​
 +       * 4/21 - Jan-Simon has found no way to include local branches. Would need to replace everything your local GitHub version. Jan-Simin will try to add some instructions for doing that. 
 +       * 4/28 - Parth reporting that he is having problems with the docker container and logging in. See https://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​en/​master/​devguides/​reference/​xds/​part-1/​server-part.html  ​
 +       * Paul gave a suggestion to change the password using docker exec commands, Parth will try and update the documentation as needed . 
 +       * 5/5 - Parth got past his docker container problem and will update the documentation. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Toyota code drop
 +       * Jan-Simon created a [[https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​staging/​toyota/​tree/?​h=sandbox%2Fjsmoeller%2Fdiff_to_halibut_8.0.2 | sandbox]] that diffs the recipes from Halibut 8.0.2
 +       * Marius wondering what the implications and/or expectations of the Toyota code are on the compositor and window manager design. ​
 +       * Walt will try to get some clarification on the SC call tonight. ​
 +       * Yamaguchi-san did some analysis of the Toyota code drop and says that topics included are very low level and would have no impact on the compositor and window manager. ​ Will follow up with Ohiwa-san during SAT call on Thursday. ​
 +       * 4/28 - Confirmed with Toyota that there are no requirement for window manager and compositor in the Toyota code drop so far. 
 +       * 5/5 - Nothing to report. ​
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +   * Paul testing BBE for Jellyfish this week. 
 +   * Parth has been accepted as one of our Google Summer of Code students. ​
 +   * Parth to post some questions about XDS usage and updates to Sebastien. ​
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for April 28, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Edi, Lorenzo, Li, Paul, Raquel, Mani, Matt P, Leon, Corey, Marius, Dennis, Vipul, Parth, Hosokawa, Yamaguchi, Kurokawa
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott
 +
 +  * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.1 released! 9.0.2 planned for June 5. Patches due May 27. 
 +  * 
 +     * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8222 | test report for 9.01.]]. Overall looks good. 
 +     * 4/28 - RTL issue reported by Li last week (SPEC-2305) could not be reproduced by Edi or Scott in their testing. ​
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +
 +     * 4/28 - Yocto 3.1 (dunfell branch) merged from next to master is complete. ​
 +       * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8278 | test report]]
 +       * Paul will look at the Sancloud BBE BSP in the next week, 
 +       * Jan-Simon noted that cloning may be temporarily broken because the Yocto certificate expired on their server. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +       * 4/7 - George not on call. 
 +       * 4/14 - George still working in things to improve Wire Plumber. Might be ready at the end of the month. ​
 +       * 4/28-George not on the call
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +     * 4/7 - Marius started looking at CES demo issues that were brought up by Daniel; Pop-ups being the first issue. Will work with Scott to do some of the testing where Alexa is required. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Continuing to work on the home screen implementation. ​
 +     * 4/21 - Marius continuing to work on CES 2020 demo equivalence. Posted a series of patches this morning and should be done with the rest shortly. Started playing with H3 board as well as QEMU. 
 +     * 4/28 - Marius submitted a set of patches to gerrit for the AGL compositor to get the pop-up windows to work. Also started work on the split screen requirements discussed during the App FW EG call last week, 
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +     * 4/7 - Having some problems with home screen on the H3 board that are not seen on RPI4 on master. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Problems with Chromium 72 on master being looked at. 
 +     * 4/21 - SPEC-3268 AGL landscape mode. Also still looking at Chromium 72 issues. ​
 +     * 4/28 - Chromium upgrade still in progress and looking at issues with the H3. Getting help from Marius. Will need to look at the dunfell upgrade as well since that may break Chromium.
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 4/7 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Manni has AGL up and running on I.MX8 EVK and they are trying to add some features mostly a hypervisor. Seeing problems with audio drops as well.   
 +     * 4/21 - Nothing to report
 +     * 4/28 - Nothing to report. Still seeing issue with audio drops. ​
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +       * 4/7 - Nao asked to revert her pull request. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources/​pull/​13
 +       * Paul and Nao mentioned problems with updating documentation and seeing it locally. Paul documented these problems in SPEC-3190 - SPEC-3193 (4 issues). Need to find someone to go look at this. 
 +       * 4/14 - Pull requests from last week are merged. ​ No update on how to include local branches. ​
 +       * 4/21 - Jan-Simon has found no way to include local branches. Would need to replace everything your local GitHub version. Jan-Simin will try to add some instructions for doing that. 
 +       * 4/28 - Parth reporting that he is having problems with the docker container and logging in. See https://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​en/​master/​devguides/​reference/​xds/​part-1/​server-part.html  ​
 +       * Paul gave a suggestion to change the password using docker exec commands, Parth will try and update the documentation as needed . 
 +
 +
 +     * Toyota code drop
 +       * Jan-Simon created a [[https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​staging/​toyota/​tree/?​h=sandbox%2Fjsmoeller%2Fdiff_to_halibut_8.0.2 | sandbox]] that diffs the recipes from Halibut 8.0.2
 +       * Marius wondering what the implications and/or expectations of the Toyota code are on the compositor and window manager design. ​
 +       * Walt will try to get some clarification on the SC call tonight. ​
 +       * Yamaguchi-san did some analysis of the Toyota code drop and says that topics included are very low level and would have no impact on the compositor and window manager. ​ Will follow up with Ohiwa-san during SAT call on Thursday. ​
 +       * 4/28 - Confirmed with Toyota that there are no requirement for window manager and compositor in the Toyota code drop so far. 
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +   * Scott noted that doing a repo sync will force a complete rebuild since the dunfell merge is complete. Should wipe the sstate and tmp caches do make sure you are in a sane place and to safe disk space. ​
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for April 21, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Parth, Lorenzo, Raquel, Thomas, Stephane, Paul. Kurokawa, Hosokawa, Yamaguchi, Edi, Marius, Leon, Matt P, Li
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Canceled ​
 +
 +
 +  * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 complete. No plan for 8.0.7 
 +
 +
 +  * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.1 planned for April 10. Patches due on Friday (April 3)
 +     * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8222 | test report for 9.01.]]. Overall looks good. 
 +     * 4/21 - SPEC-2666 - No RPI4 audio for Li. 
 +       * SPEC-2305
 +       * SPEC-2811
 +     ​* ​
 +  ​
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +
 +     * 4/7 - Scott pushed a fix for the problem with requiring multiple taps and/or delays required to start apps (SPEC-3309). ​ There is an issue with an intervening fix that pushed by Jose for key signing apps that needs to be included in the SRCREV or somehow worked around. Scott and Jan-Simon to resolve off-line. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Reviewed proposed schedule revision that incorporates YP 3.1. YP 3.1 release on schedule for the end of April. ​ Will post updated schedule to the wiki later today. ​
 +       * Widget signing issue worked around. ​
 +     * 4/21 - Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8258 |test report this week]. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +       * 4/7 - George not on call. 
 +       * 4/14 - George still working in things to improve Wire Plumber. Might be ready at the end of the month. ​
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +     * 4/7 - Marius started looking at CES demo issues that were brought up by Daniel; Pop-ups being the first issue. Will work with Scott to do some of the testing where Alexa is required. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Continuing to work on the home screen implementation. ​
 +     * 4/21 - Marius continuing to work on CES 2020 demo equivalence. Posted a series of patches this morning and should be done with the rest shortly. Started playing with H3 board as well as QEMU. 
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +     * 4/7 - Having some problems with home screen on the H3 board that are not seen on RPI4 on master. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Problems with Chromium 72 on master being looked at. 
 +     * 4/21 - SPEC-3268 AGL landscape mode. Also still looking at Chromium 72 issues. ​
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 4/7 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Manni has AGL up and running on I.MX8 EVK and they are trying to add some features mostly a hypervisor. Seeing problems with audio drops as well.   
 +     * 4/21 - Nothing to report
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +       * 4/7 - Nao asked to revert her pull request. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources/​pull/​13
 +       * Paul and Nao mentioned problems with updating documentation and seeing it locally. Paul documented these problems in SPEC-3190 - SPEC-3193 (4 issues). Need to find someone to go look at this. 
 +       * 4/14 - Pull requests from last week are merged. ​ No update on how to include local branches. ​
 +       * 4/21 - Jan-Simon has found no way to include local branches. Would need to replace everything your local GitHub version. Jan-Simin will try to add some instructions for doing that. 
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +
 +     * Toyota code drop
 +       * Jan-Simon created a [[https://​git.automotivelinux.org/​staging/​toyota/​tree/?​h=sandbox%2Fjsmoeller%2Fdiff_to_halibut_8.0.2 | sandbox]] that diffs the recipes from Halibut 8.0.2
 +       * Marius wondering what the implications and/or expectations of the Toyota code are on the compositor and window manager design. ​
 +       * Walt will try to get some clarification on the SC call tonight. ​
 +       * Yamaguchi-san did some analysis of the Toyota code drop and says that topics included are very low level and would have no impact on the compositor and window manager. ​ Will follow up with Ohiwa-san during SAT call on Thursday. ​
 +
 +   * ELISA Safety Architecture workgroup is looking at Linux kernel and has developed an example kernel driver and safety application. ​ Yamaguchi-san would like to create a meta-elisa layer for AGL to be included in the JJ release. Showed a presentation on the plan for ELISA'​s demo app. 
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for April 14, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Li, Marius, George, Guy, Lorenzo, Harry-Zhang,​ Raquel, Chris, Vipul, Manni, Corey, Edi, Thomas, Tanikawa, Yamaguchi, Paul, Haraki, Kurokawa, Jean-Baptiste,​ Michael, Stephane, Parth
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott
 +
 +  * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 complete. No plan for 8.0.7 
 +
 +
 +  * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.1 planned for April 10. Patches due on Friday (April 3)
 +     * Edi's [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8222 | test report for 9.01.]]. Overall looks good. 
 +  ​
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +
 +     * 4/7 - Scott pushed a fix for the problem with requiring multiple taps and/or delays required to start apps (SPEC-3309). ​ There is an issue with an intervening fix that pushed by Jose for key signing apps that needs to be included in the SRCREV or somehow worked around. Scott and Jan-Simon to resolve off-line. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Reviewed proposed schedule revision that incorporates YP 3.1. YP 3.1 release on schedule for the end of April. ​ Will post updated schedule to the wiki later today. ​
 +       * Widget signing issue worked around. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +       * 4/7 - George not on call. 
 +       * 4/14 - George still working in things to improve Wire Plumber. Might be ready at the end of the month. ​
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +     * 4/7 - Marius started looking at CES demo issues that were brought up by Daniel; Pop-ups being the first issue. Will work with Scott to do some of the testing where Alexa is required. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Continuing to work on the home screen implementation. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +     * 4/7 - Having some problems with home screen on the H3 board that are not seen on RPI4 on master. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Problems with Chromium 72 on master being looked at. 
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 4/7 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 4/14 - Manni has AGL up and running on I.MX8 EVK and they are trying to add some features mostly a hypervisor. Seeing problems with audio drops as well.   
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +       * 4/7 - Nao asked to revert her pull request. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources/​pull/​13
 +       * Paul and Nao mentioned problems with updating documentation and seeing it locally. Paul documented these problems in SPEC-3190 - SPEC-3193 (4 issues). Need to find someone to go look at this. 
 +       * 4/14 - Pull requests from last week are merged. ​ No update on how to include local branches. ​
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for April 7, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Edi, Lorenzo, Marius, Michael, Chris, Matt P, Jean-Baptiste,​ Leon, Jessie, Guy, Parth, Paul, Antia, Thomas, Nao, Li, Stephane, Kurokawa, Kusakabe
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: **Canceled this week.** ​
 +
 +
 + * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 complete. No plan for 8.0.7 
 +
 +
 +   * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.1 planned for April 10. Patches due on Friday (April 3)
 +     * Will be tagged and built by tomorrow so it can be tested.
 +  ​
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +     * Uprev to zeus on next branch in progress. Scott has a bunch of commits queued up.  ​
 +     * Intel and Qemu looking ok.
 +     * Renesas - done for M3/H3 as well Kingfisher ​
 +     * TI - Zeus now available (initial version, not released yet). Paul needs to retest to see if Sancloud graphics acceleration is ok.  ​
 +     * i.MX6 builds - need a kernel config fix that Scott has,
 +     * RPI 4 ok. RPI 3 not built or tested
 +     * Alexa Auto SDK not explicitly supported. Scott has a fix to up rev to zeus. 
 +     * Jose will do the switch to cynagora for the dbus patches - in review
 +     * 2/11 - Next branch builds for all targets. Should be ready pull next into master. First we should review the gitreview files to make sure they are correct then will put next into master.
 +     * 2/18 - 3 changes still in review for next. Should be ready to pull into master later this week. We've been slowed down by CI issues. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Next branch was merged to master and everything builds. A few issues seen in the board farm that need to be ironed out around NBD. SD-Card boot looks fine. See SPEC-3221 for details. H3 problems seem to be resolved by updating the firmware. See SPEC-3221 for the update procedure. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Net booting still being worked on. Some boards (e.g., Synopsis and others) do not have a zeus BSP layer. Jan-Simon will send email to the list to remind people interested in those boards that they need to provide a BSP layer or we will drop the board from the builds. Deadline is RC2. 
 +     * 3/17- Scott did some work to point AGL/next to the YP master to get a feel for the difficulty in upgrading to YP 3.1 for JJ. Overall went pretty smoothly. ​
 +     * 3/24 - Edi reporting that he needs to tap on icon to start app a couple of times (or it may be a delay in start up based on Jan-Simon'​s testing). Will open a Jira ticket. ​
 +       * SAT will meet later this week to confirm whether we plan to switch to YP 3.1 for JJ.  JJ replan assumptions ​
 +         * May 1 final release of YP 3.1
 +         * All BSPs other than Renesas available May 1
 +         * AGL/next continues to track upstream Yocto so the change over time should be minimized. ​
 +     * 3/31 - Plan of record is now to switch to YP 3.1 (dunfell) for Jumping Jellyfish. There was a problem with apps not starting due to Weston 8 changes, Scott and Marius come up with a workaround. Scott will push the changes to get AGL/next building and starting along with a rebase from master. ​
 +     * 4/7 - Scott pushed a fix for the problem with requiring multiple taps and/or delays required to start apps (SPEC-3309). ​ There is an issue with an intervening fix that pushed by Jose for key signing apps that needs to be included in the SRCREV or somehow worked around. Scott and Jan-Simon to resolve off-line. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +       * 4/7 - George not on call. 
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +     * 4/7 - Marius started looking at CES demo issues that were brought up by Daniel; Pop-ups being the first issue. Will work with Scott to do some of the testing where Alexa is required. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +     * 4/7 - Having some problems with home screen on the H3 board that are not seen on RPI4 on master. ​
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 1/14 - Had some luck getting AGL minimal image up and running. Sounds like we need support from NXP to use the Vivante driver and will need some help from NXP to bypass the Vivante driver. ​
 +     * 1/21 - Homescreen comes up, but apps do not run. Manni looking for help but board availability is limited in the community. ​
 +     * 1/28 - i.mx8 running (etnaviv with 4.19 kernel?), but the response is very slow. Scott says that etnaviv support did not come in until the 5.4 kernel so Mani may be running with Vivante is some strange state. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Now looking at SPEC-3149 - Added Marius as a watcher. Scott is flying back from Brussels.
 +     * 2/11 - Making some progress. See SPEC-3149 for details. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Got Vivante driver working. Having audio issues with PipeWire config. See SPEC-3183 for details. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Audio issues still in flight (SPEC-3183). There is a general issue with PipeWire for i.MX devices that needs to be resolved upstream based on the work that was done for PulseAudio in the past. 
 +     * 3/10 - Latest work is documented in SPEC-3258. Scott focusing on getting etnaviv working on master. There is no Weston 7 support for zeus so this may be an issue. ​ Walt could try poking NXP as to their plan for Weston 7 or 8 for i.MX8.  ​
 +     * 3/17 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 3/24 - Nothing to report
 +     * 3/31 - Nothing to report
 +     * 4/7 - Nothing to report. ​
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +       * 4/7 - Nao asked to revert her pull request. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources/​pull/​13
 +       * Paul and Nao mentioned problems with updating documentation and seeing it locally. Paul documented these problems in SPEC-3190 - SPEC-3193 (4 issues). Need to find someone to go look at this. 
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +
 +
  
 === Meeting notes for March 31, 2020 === === Meeting notes for March 31, 2020 ===
  
-First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//+First Session Attendees: ​Walt, Jan-Simon, Parth, Sebastien, Antia, Lorenzo, Chris, Michael, Raquel, Kurokawa, Kusakabe, Haraki, Lo, Dr. Yamaguchi, Leon, Matt P, Marius, Edi, George 
 + 
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott, Tanikawa 
 + 
 +  * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 complete. No plan for 8.0.7  
 + 
 + 
 +   * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.1 planned for April 10. Patches due on Friday (April 3) 
 +   
 + 
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish 
 +     * Uprev to zeus on next branch in progress. Scott has a bunch of commits queued up.   
 +     * Intel and Qemu looking ok. 
 +     * Renesas - done for M3/H3 as well Kingfisher  
 +     * TI - Zeus now available (initial version, not released yet). Paul needs to retest to see if Sancloud graphics acceleration is ok.   
 +     * i.MX6 builds - need a kernel config fix that Scott has, 
 +     * RPI 4 ok. RPI 3 not built or tested 
 +     * Alexa Auto SDK not explicitly supported. Scott has a fix to up rev to zeus.  
 +     * Jose will do the switch to cynagora for the dbus patches - in review 
 +     * 2/11 - Next branch builds for all targets. Should be ready pull next into master. First we should review the gitreview files to make sure they are correct then will put next into master. 
 +     * 2/18 - 3 changes still in review for next. Should be ready to pull into master later this week. We've been slowed down by CI issues.  
 +     * 3/3 - Next branch was merged to master and everything builds. A few issues seen in the board farm that need to be ironed out around NBD. SD-Card boot looks fine. See SPEC-3221 for details. H3 problems seem to be resolved by updating the firmware. See SPEC-3221 for the update procedure.  
 +     * 3/10 - Net booting still being worked on. Some boards (e.g., Synopsis and others) do not have a zeus BSP layer. Jan-Simon will send email to the list to remind people interested in those boards that they need to provide a BSP layer or we will drop the board from the builds. Deadline is RC2.  
 +     * 3/17- Scott did some work to point AGL/next to the YP master to get a feel for the difficulty in upgrading to YP 3.1 for JJ. Overall went pretty smoothly.  
 +     * 3/24 - Edi reporting that he needs to tap on icon to start app a couple of times (or it may be a delay in start up based on Jan-Simon'​s testing). Will open a Jira ticket.  
 +       * SAT will meet later this week to confirm whether we plan to switch to YP 3.1 for JJ.  JJ replan assumptions  
 +         * May 1 final release of YP 3.1 
 +         * All BSPs other than Renesas available May 1 
 +         * AGL/next continues to track upstream Yocto so the change over time should be minimized.  
 +     * 3/31 - Plan of record is now to switch to YP 3.1 (dunfell) for Jumping Jellyfish. There was a problem with apps not starting due to Weston 8 changes, Scott and Marius come up with a workaround. Scott will push the changes to get AGL/next building and starting along with a rebase from master.  
 + 
 + 
 +     * Bluetooth audio 
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now,  
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet.  
 + 
 +   * Window Manager integration 
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927)  
 + 
 + 
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo 
 + 
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager. 
 + 
 + 
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni 
 +     * 1/14 - Had some luck getting AGL minimal image up and running. Sounds like we need support from NXP to use the Vivante driver and will need some help from NXP to bypass the Vivante driver.  
 +     * 1/21 - Homescreen comes up, but apps do not run. Manni looking for help but board availability is limited in the community.  
 +     * 1/28 - i.mx8 running (etnaviv with 4.19 kernel?), but the response is very slow. Scott says that etnaviv support did not come in until the 5.4 kernel so Mani may be running with Vivante is some strange state.  
 +     * 2/4 - Now looking at SPEC-3149 - Added Marius as a watcher. Scott is flying back from Brussels. 
 +     * 2/11 - Making some progress. See SPEC-3149 for details.  
 +     * 2/18 - Got Vivante driver working. Having audio issues with PipeWire config. See SPEC-3183 for details.  
 +     * 3/3 - Audio issues still in flight (SPEC-3183). There is a general issue with PipeWire for i.MX devices that needs to be resolved upstream based on the work that was done for PulseAudio in the past.  
 +     * 3/10 - Latest work is documented in SPEC-3258. Scott focusing on getting etnaviv working on master. There is no Weston 7 support for zeus so this may be an issue. ​ Walt could try poking NXP as to their plan for Weston 7 or 8 for i.MX8. ​  
 +     * 3/17 - Nothing to report.  
 +     * 3/24 - Nothing to report 
 +     * 3/31 - Nothing to report 
 + 
 +   * Documentation  
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott 
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now).  
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better.  
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor.  
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week.  
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed.  
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues.  
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources 
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation,​  
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071) 
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve.  
 + 
 + 
 +New Business:
  
-Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​ 
  
  
 === Meeting notes for March 24, 2020 === === Meeting notes for March 24, 2020 ===
  
-First Session Attendees://Upcoming Meeting//+First Session Attendees: ​Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Lorenzo, Michael, Chris, Parth, Thomas, Stephane, Raquel, Li, Edi, Leon, Marius, Matt P, Guy, George, Kusakabe
  
-Second Session Attendees: ​//Upcoming Meeting// ​+Second Session Attendees: ​Walt, Matt R, Scott, Parth
  
   * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 email will be sent today. ​ Most likely this is the final Halibut patch release. ​   * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 email will be sent today. ​ Most likely this is the final Halibut patch release. ​
Line 64: Line 1025:
        * 3/10 - Looks like no progress in Jira ticket. ​        * 3/10 - Looks like no progress in Jira ticket. ​
        * 3/17 - No progress to report. George working on pushing Wire Plumber upstream so it gets to be the default for desktop users and will be properly maintained going forward. ​ Also working on making the policy configuration more flexible so it does not require C code changes. ​        * 3/17 - No progress to report. George working on pushing Wire Plumber upstream so it gets to be the default for desktop users and will be properly maintained going forward. ​ Also working on making the policy configuration more flexible so it does not require C code changes. ​
-       * 3/24 - George ​not on call, but he is probably ​continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
  
    * Window Manager integration    * Window Manager integration
dev-call-info.1585057492.txt.gz · Last modified: 2020/03/24 13:44 by waltminer