User Tools

Site Tools


dev-call-info

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
dev-call-info [2020/02/12 00:41]
waltminer
dev-call-info [2020/04/01 00:19] (current)
waltminer
Line 1: Line 1:
 ===== Weekly Developer Call ===== ===== Weekly Developer Call =====
  
-The weekly meeting is held from 14:00 15:00 UTC ( 6 am Pacific Time) on Tuesdays. ​If a week is cancelled it will be noted on this page and a notice sent to the mail list. +The weekly meeting is held twice per week on Tuesdays. If a week is cancelled it will be noted on this page and a notice sent to the mail list. The times for each session are: 
 + 
 +Session 1 13:00 UTC (6 am Pacific ​Standard ​Time and 10 pm JST)\\ 
 +Session 2 - 24:00 UTC ( 5 pm Pacific Standard Time and 9 am JST) 
 + 
 +If a week is cancelled it will be noted on this page and a notice sent to the mail list. Please note the difference in the dates on which daylight saving time changes in UTC and Pacific Standard Time (PST).
  
 ==== Dial In info ==== ==== Dial In info ====
Line 14: Line 19:
 ==== Meeting Notes ====  ==== Meeting Notes ==== 
  
-=== Meeting notes for March 3, 2020 ===+=== Meeting notes for April 28, 2020 ===
  
 First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting// First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
Line 20: Line 25:
 Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​ Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​
  
-=== Meeting notes for February 25, 2020 === +=== Meeting notes for April 21, 2020 ===
-** Meeting canceled due to Embedded World Conference **+
  
 +First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
  
-=== Meeting notes for February 18, 2020 ===+Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting//  
 + 
 +=== Meeting notes for April 14, 2020 ===
  
 First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting// First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
Line 30: Line 37:
 Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​ Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​
  
-=== Meeting notes for February 11, 2020 ===+ 
 +=== Meeting notes for April 7, 2020 ===
  
 First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting// First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
Line 36: Line 44:
 Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​ Second Session Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// ​
  
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for March 31, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees://​Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott, Tanikawa
 +
 +  * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 complete. No plan for 8.0.7 
 +
 +
 +   * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.1 planned for April 10. Patches due on Friday (April 3)
 +  ​
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +     * Uprev to zeus on next branch in progress. Scott has a bunch of commits queued up.  ​
 +     * Intel and Qemu looking ok.
 +     * Renesas - done for M3/H3 as well Kingfisher ​
 +     * TI - Zeus now available (initial version, not released yet). Paul needs to retest to see if Sancloud graphics acceleration is ok.  ​
 +     * i.MX6 builds - need a kernel config fix that Scott has,
 +     * RPI 4 ok. RPI 3 not built or tested
 +     * Alexa Auto SDK not explicitly supported. Scott has a fix to up rev to zeus. 
 +     * Jose will do the switch to cynagora for the dbus patches - in review
 +     * 2/11 - Next branch builds for all targets. Should be ready pull next into master. First we should review the gitreview files to make sure they are correct then will put next into master.
 +     * 2/18 - 3 changes still in review for next. Should be ready to pull into master later this week. We've been slowed down by CI issues. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Next branch was merged to master and everything builds. A few issues seen in the board farm that need to be ironed out around NBD. SD-Card boot looks fine. See SPEC-3221 for details. H3 problems seem to be resolved by updating the firmware. See SPEC-3221 for the update procedure. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Net booting still being worked on. Some boards (e.g., Synopsis and others) do not have a zeus BSP layer. Jan-Simon will send email to the list to remind people interested in those boards that they need to provide a BSP layer or we will drop the board from the builds. Deadline is RC2. 
 +     * 3/17- Scott did some work to point AGL/next to the YP master to get a feel for the difficulty in upgrading to YP 3.1 for JJ. Overall went pretty smoothly. ​
 +     * 3/24 - Edi reporting that he needs to tap on icon to start app a couple of times (or it may be a delay in start up based on Jan-Simon'​s testing). Will open a Jira ticket. ​
 +       * SAT will meet later this week to confirm whether we plan to switch to YP 3.1 for JJ.  JJ replan assumptions ​
 +         * May 1 final release of YP 3.1
 +         * All BSPs other than Renesas available May 1
 +         * AGL/next continues to track upstream Yocto so the change over time should be minimized. ​
 +     * 3/31 - Plan of record is now to switch to YP 3.1 (dunfell) for Jumping Jellyfish. There was a problem with apps not starting due to Weston 8 changes, Scott and Marius come up with a workaround. Scott will push the changes to get AGL/next building and starting along with a rebase from master. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +       * 3/31 -Reworking exposing the endpoint streams so we will be able to get volume control of the individual streams again. Not ready to merge yet. 
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +     * 3/31 - Another session to discuss the current work tomorrow. Will postponed until week so Marius can prepare some more. Should be ready for Igalia to Integrate with WAM, Works is currently local to Marius and needs to be upstreamed (SPEC-2927) ​
 +
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +
 +     * 3/31 - Working on a number of open issues including those opened up by Edi as well as looking at integration with new Window Manager.
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 1/14 - Had some luck getting AGL minimal image up and running. Sounds like we need support from NXP to use the Vivante driver and will need some help from NXP to bypass the Vivante driver. ​
 +     * 1/21 - Homescreen comes up, but apps do not run. Manni looking for help but board availability is limited in the community. ​
 +     * 1/28 - i.mx8 running (etnaviv with 4.19 kernel?), but the response is very slow. Scott says that etnaviv support did not come in until the 5.4 kernel so Mani may be running with Vivante is some strange state. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Now looking at SPEC-3149 - Added Marius as a watcher. Scott is flying back from Brussels.
 +     * 2/11 - Making some progress. See SPEC-3149 for details. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Got Vivante driver working. Having audio issues with PipeWire config. See SPEC-3183 for details. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Audio issues still in flight (SPEC-3183). There is a general issue with PipeWire for i.MX devices that needs to be resolved upstream based on the work that was done for PulseAudio in the past. 
 +     * 3/10 - Latest work is documented in SPEC-3258. Scott focusing on getting etnaviv working on master. There is no Weston 7 support for zeus so this may be an issue. ​ Walt could try poking NXP as to their plan for Weston 7 or 8 for i.MX8.  ​
 +     * 3/17 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 3/24 - Nothing to report
 +     * 3/31 - Nothing to report
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +       * 3/31 - George updated audio for icefish and halibut. Jan-Simon has some open issues with Intel and QEMU to resolve. ​
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for March 24, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Lorenzo, Michael, Chris, Parth, Thomas, Stephane, Raquel, Li, Edi, Leon, Marius, Matt P, Guy, George, Kusakabe
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Matt R, Scott, Parth
 +
 +  * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 email will be sent today. ​ Most likely this is the final Halibut patch release. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Itchy Icefish - 9.0.0 Release was made but email got lost, Jan-Simon resending, 9.0.1 planned for April 10. Patches due end of next week (April 3)
 +  ​
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +     * Uprev to zeus on next branch in progress. Scott has a bunch of commits queued up.  ​
 +     * Intel and Qemu looking ok.
 +     * Renesas - done for M3/H3 as well Kingfisher ​
 +     * TI - Zeus now available (initial version, not released yet). Paul needs to retest to see if Sancloud graphics acceleration is ok.  ​
 +     * i.MX6 builds - need a kernel config fix that Scott has,
 +     * RPI 4 ok. RPI 3 not built or tested
 +     * Alexa Auto SDK not explicitly supported. Scott has a fix to up rev to zeus. 
 +     * Jose will do the switch to cynagora for the dbus patches - in review
 +     * 2/11 - Next branch builds for all targets. Should be ready pull next into master. First we should review the gitreview files to make sure they are correct then will put next into master.
 +     * 2/18 - 3 changes still in review for next. Should be ready to pull into master later this week. We've been slowed down by CI issues. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Next branch was merged to master and everything builds. A few issues seen in the board farm that need to be ironed out around NBD. SD-Card boot looks fine. See SPEC-3221 for details. H3 problems seem to be resolved by updating the firmware. See SPEC-3221 for the update procedure. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Net booting still being worked on. Some boards (e.g., Synopsis and others) do not have a zeus BSP layer. Jan-Simon will send email to the list to remind people interested in those boards that they need to provide a BSP layer or we will drop the board from the builds. Deadline is RC2. 
 +     * 3/17- Scott did some work to point AGL/next to the YP master to get a feel for the difficulty in upgrading to YP 3.1 for JJ. Overall went pretty smoothly. ​
 +     * 3/24 - Edi reporting that he needs to tap on icon to start app a couple of times (or it may be a delay in start up based on Jan-Simon'​s testing). Will open a Jira ticket. ​
 +       * SAT will meet later this week to confirm whether we plan to switch to YP 3.1 for JJ.  JJ replan assumptions ​
 +         * May 1 final release of YP 3.1
 +         * All BSPs other than Renesas available May 1
 +         * AGL/next continues to track upstream Yocto so the change over time should be minimized. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 2/18 - Jira issue created SPEC-3195. ​
 +       * 3/3 - SPEC-3195 - George not on the call for an update. ​
 +       * 3/10 - Looks like no progress in Jira ticket. ​
 +       * 3/17 - No progress to report. George working on pushing Wire Plumber upstream so it gets to be the default for desktop users and will be properly maintained going forward. ​ Also working on making the policy configuration more flexible so it does not require C code changes. ​
 +       * 3/24 - George continuing the upstream work that he was working on. PipeWire released 0.3.1 Should get AGL to point to that release for JJ rather than the specific branch we look at now, 
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +
 +     * 1/14 - Marius working on the new home screen and compositor. will continue the discussion tomorrow on the App FW call. 
 +     * 1/21 - Marius converted launcher and navigation demo. Issues with launching and managing applications being worked out with Jose, See [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​topic/​af_binder_and_af_main/​69932650?​p=,,,​20,​0,​0,​0::​recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,​20,​2,​0,​69932650 | this thread on the groups.io]]. ​ Sandbox will be posted to gerrit in the next day. Will set up a follow up call for Thursday. ​  
 +     * 1/28 - Marius in process of upstreaming compositor changes to gerrit. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Need to get Marius use cases for how the apps and home screen services should interact and how they should be using the compositor. Who can work those out quickly and/or do we already have something written down?
 +     * Second session:
 +       * Home screen requirements not clear yet. 
 +       * Sample apps developed so far do not fit the existing QML applications. Wayland and AGL compositor implementation needs to be put into abstraction like qt-wayland. ​
 +       * Will set up a video workshop sometime next week to get the latest status from Collabora, update their implementation status compared to September, and work through the requirements to complete the effort. ​
 +     * 2/11 - Marius is creating a document that documents the changes has made to the compositor and window manager that we can use as the basis of a review next week. Will send it out to the community on Friday. ​
 +     * 2/18 - See [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8108 | Nick's email]] for Marius latest status.  ​
 +     * 3/3 - Marius sent out his [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8112 | technology preview]] to the email list.  Will set up a call on Wednesday March 11 one hour before the App FW EG call to review pending agreement with Japanese members on the second call. 
 +     * 3/10 -Review of Marius document is scheduled to begin tomorrow. ​
 +     * 3/17 - Review continues tomorrow. Started looking at plumbing for WAM and Chromium. Working on adapting the HTML5 home screen. ​
 +     * 3/24 - Marius working on porting of WAM. Needs some support from Igalia. ​
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +     * 1/21 - Web Apps broken on master since RC2. Igalia fixing for RC5. Halibut WAM is not well documented and people cannot get it to build either. ​ Web apps from CES are in process of being upstreamed to AGL. 
 +     * 1/28 - WAM fixes we uploaded and merged. Web Apps in flight for end of next week. 
 +     * 2/4 - SPEC-3153 and SPEC-2982 will be known issues at release of Icefish. ​ Will be getting the rest of the web apps moved from GitHub into gerrit by the end of the week. 
 +       * Second session: ​ Will this be back ported to Halibut for 8.0.6? ​ Konsulko looking how to implement the test cases (SPEC-3108). ​
 +     * 2/11 - Not as simple as cherry picking a few changes to Halibut, so we will NOT back port the WAM updates and reference apps to Halibut. ​
 +       * Scott reported an issue on Icefish with home screen being covered by the launcher (need a Jira ticket after rebuilding and retesting). Need to look at this before final Icefish release. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Scott'​s issue resolved by Igalia on the latest Icefish branch.
 +     * 3/3 - Resolving issues on master. Updates on Chromium version and make independent of the Web OSE chromium version. Edi requested that we add a component for Web Apps to the Jira selection. Will do that ASAP. 
 +     * 3/10 -Chromium 72 update in progress. Testing with QEMU. Working on the issues that Edi found in his testing with the HTML5 applications. ​
 +     * 3/17 - No one from Igalia in the call, 
 +     * 3/24 - Igalia back after getting reorganized due to COVID19 restrictions in Spain. ​
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 1/14 - Had some luck getting AGL minimal image up and running. Sounds like we need support from NXP to use the Vivante driver and will need some help from NXP to bypass the Vivante driver. ​
 +     * 1/21 - Homescreen comes up, but apps do not run. Manni looking for help but board availability is limited in the community. ​
 +     * 1/28 - i.mx8 running (etnaviv with 4.19 kernel?), but the response is very slow. Scott says that etnaviv support did not come in until the 5.4 kernel so Mani may be running with Vivante is some strange state. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Now looking at SPEC-3149 - Added Marius as a watcher. Scott is flying back from Brussels.
 +     * 2/11 - Making some progress. See SPEC-3149 for details. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Got Vivante driver working. Having audio issues with PipeWire config. See SPEC-3183 for details. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Audio issues still in flight (SPEC-3183). There is a general issue with PipeWire for i.MX devices that needs to be resolved upstream based on the work that was done for PulseAudio in the past. 
 +     * 3/10 - Latest work is documented in SPEC-3258. Scott focusing on getting etnaviv working on master. There is no Weston 7 support for zeus so this may be an issue. ​ Walt could try poking NXP as to their plan for Weston 7 or 8 for i.MX8.  ​
 +     * 3/17 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 3/24 - Nothing to report
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +       * 3/24 - Thomas having problems getting the Docker container working and probably needs to wait until YP 3.1 to make it work, (SPEC-2071)
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +   * Europe changes to summer time this weekend so call will be one hour later in Europe. ​
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for March 17, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Hosokawa, Kusakabe, Kurokawa, Michael, Scott, Li, George, Edi, Matt P, Leon, Marius, Paul, Thomas, Raquel, Sebastien, Mikhail, Leonid, Parth
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott, Matt R, Jessie, Sekine, Tanikawa, Dr. Yamaguchi
 +
 +
 +  * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 is queued up for release ASAP. 
 +
 +
 +     * 12/17 - Waiting on back port of audio fixes from George as well as policy manager changes. ​
 +     * 1/7 - Need to retag 8.0.4 now that George'​s PipeWire and WirePlumber fixes are in. 
 +     * 1/14 - Edi and Jan-Simon on vacation so the release may not get sent out this week. Li was able test with Upsquare and RPI 3 and everything seemed ok. 
 +     * 1/21 - Edi tested 8.0.4 and tip of halibut so we will release it.
 +     * 1/28 - Edi tested 8.0.5 and noted some problems with media player and Bluetooth especially on first boot. He filed SPEC-3140 to track it and we will add it the list of known problems in the release notes. ​
 +     * 2/11 - Edi reporting seeing SPEC-3140 (no playlist in media player) even with no Bluetooth phone paired and on multiple boards (Intel and RPI).  One time left the system on for 20 minutes or so and the playlists appeared suddenly. ​
 +       * Jose fixed SPEC-3175. Want to check criticality of it to determine if we need to drop an 8.0.6 sooner than expected. ​
 +       * 3/3 - There are about 15 changes queued up for Halibut including Jose's critical update + a number of patches from poky that fix CVEs. Will work on getting the build working then cut the release. ​
 +       * 3/10 - Jan-Simon is sick this week, Not sure when this will get out, but will be ASAP.
 +       * 3/17 - Tagged and ready to be built. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 2/18 - Jira issue created SPEC-3195. ​
 +       * 3/3 - SPEC-3195 - George not on the call for an update. ​
 +       * 3/10 - Looks like no progress in Jira ticket. ​
 +       * 3/17 - No progress to report. George working on pushing Wire Plumber upstream so it gets to be the default for desktop users and will be properly maintained going forward. ​ Also working on making the policy configuration more flexible so it does not require C code changes. ​
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +
 +     * 1/14 - Marius working on the new home screen and compositor. will continue the discussion tomorrow on the App FW call. 
 +     * 1/21 - Marius converted launcher and navigation demo. Issues with launching and managing applications being worked out with Jose, See [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​topic/​af_binder_and_af_main/​69932650?​p=,,,​20,​0,​0,​0::​recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,​20,​2,​0,​69932650 | this thread on the groups.io]]. ​ Sandbox will be posted to gerrit in the next day. Will set up a follow up call for Thursday. ​  
 +     * 1/28 - Marius in process of upstreaming compositor changes to gerrit. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Need to get Marius use cases for how the apps and home screen services should interact and how they should be using the compositor. Who can work those out quickly and/or do we already have something written down?
 +     * Second session:
 +       * Home screen requirements not clear yet. 
 +       * Sample apps developed so far do not fit the existing QML applications. Wayland and AGL compositor implementation needs to be put into abstraction like qt-wayland. ​
 +       * Will set up a video workshop sometime next week to get the latest status from Collabora, update their implementation status compared to September, and work through the requirements to complete the effort. ​
 +     * 2/11 - Marius is creating a document that documents the changes has made to the compositor and window manager that we can use as the basis of a review next week. Will send it out to the community on Friday. ​
 +     * 2/18 - See [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8108 | Nick's email]] for Marius latest status.  ​
 +     * 3/3 - Marius sent out his [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8112 | technology preview]] to the email list.  Will set up a call on Wednesday March 11 one hour before the App FW EG call to review pending agreement with Japanese members on the second call. 
 +     * 3/10 -Review of Marius document is scheduled to begin tomorrow. ​
 +     * 3/17 - Review continues tomorrow. Started looking at plumbing for WAM and Chromium. Working on adapting the HTML5 home screen. ​
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +     * 1/21 - Web Apps broken on master since RC2. Igalia fixing for RC5. Halibut WAM is not well documented and people cannot get it to build either. ​ Web apps from CES are in process of being upstreamed to AGL. 
 +     * 1/28 - WAM fixes we uploaded and merged. Web Apps in flight for end of next week. 
 +     * 2/4 - SPEC-3153 and SPEC-2982 will be known issues at release of Icefish. ​ Will be getting the rest of the web apps moved from GitHub into gerrit by the end of the week. 
 +       * Second session: ​ Will this be back ported to Halibut for 8.0.6? ​ Konsulko looking how to implement the test cases (SPEC-3108). ​
 +     * 2/11 - Not as simple as cherry picking a few changes to Halibut, so we will NOT back port the WAM updates and reference apps to Halibut. ​
 +       * Scott reported an issue on Icefish with home screen being covered by the launcher (need a Jira ticket after rebuilding and retesting). Need to look at this before final Icefish release. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Scott'​s issue resolved by Igalia on the latest Icefish branch.
 +     * 3/3 - Resolving issues on master. Updates on Chromium version and make independent of the Web OSE chromium version. Edi requested that we add a component for Web Apps to the Jira selection. Will do that ASAP. 
 +     * 3/10 -Chromium 72 update in progress. Testing with QEMU. Working on the issues that Edi found in his testing with the HTML5 applications. ​
 +     * 3/17 - No one from Igalia in the call, 
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 1/14 - Had some luck getting AGL minimal image up and running. Sounds like we need support from NXP to use the Vivante driver and will need some help from NXP to bypass the Vivante driver. ​
 +     * 1/21 - Homescreen comes up, but apps do not run. Manni looking for help but board availability is limited in the community. ​
 +     * 1/28 - i.mx8 running (etnaviv with 4.19 kernel?), but the response is very slow. Scott says that etnaviv support did not come in until the 5.4 kernel so Mani may be running with Vivante is some strange state. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Now looking at SPEC-3149 - Added Marius as a watcher. Scott is flying back from Brussels.
 +     * 2/11 - Making some progress. See SPEC-3149 for details. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Got Vivante driver working. Having audio issues with PipeWire config. See SPEC-3183 for details. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Audio issues still in flight (SPEC-3183). There is a general issue with PipeWire for i.MX devices that needs to be resolved upstream based on the work that was done for PulseAudio in the past. 
 +     * 3/10 - Latest work is documented in SPEC-3258. Scott focusing on getting etnaviv working on master. There is no Weston 7 support for zeus so this may be an issue. ​ Walt could try poking NXP as to their plan for Weston 7 or 8 for i.MX8.  ​
 +     * 3/17 - Nothing to report. ​
 +
 +
 +   * SPEC-3106 - CAN binding between the RPI4 and H3 in the CES demo would lock up occasionally. Only way we could figure out how to fix it was to reboot the boards. Need to try Romain'​s latest patches to see if this helps. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Still saw lock ups during FOSDEM, but we were not running with Romain'​s patches. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Matt looking at it and has not really reproduced it. Is able to use some new systemd features in zeus that should improve stability. ​ Will need to figure out if the back port is worthwhile. Matt can give us an estimate for the time. 
 +     * 3/3 - Scott has taken over looking at it. 
 +     * 3/10 - Scott'​s research has shown there is a fix in the socket CAN scheduler in kernel 5.5.  May be readily portable to 5.4 kernels, but will probably be an issue to back port to the Renesas 4.14 kernel. ​
 +     * 3/17 - Matt's back port is ready to be merged, but Scott'​s testing showed it does not resolve the specific problem in the demo.  ​
 + 
 +   * Itchy Icefish
 +     * Icefish release is tagged and built.
 +     * Everything from last week is merged. Edi [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8107 | sent out a test report]] yesterday that looks good. 9.0.0 is tagged and build kicked off. 
 +     * [[ https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8120 | Test report from Li]] is available. ​
 +     * Source code mirror is fixed
 +     * Need to update release notes (Walt)
 +     * Need to review the doc site to Icefish branches. Board specific pages need to be checked by their maintainers. Walt and Jan-Simon to generate Jira tickets off-line.  ​
 +     * 3/10 - Will be shipped today. ​ Will push back 9.0.1 to April 10.  ​
 +     * 3/17 - Manifest missing for 9.0.0 (SPEC-3273 and SPEC-3265) Note: now fixed in second session.
 +
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +       * 3/17 - Thomas is still looking at this and will be adding some more documentation on this and some other issues. ​
 +       * Documentation sources can be found in GitHub. https://​github.com/​automotive-grade-linux/​docs-sources
 +       * George updated audio docs. Will making some updates to his pull request and will also update the icefish documentation, ​
 +
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +     * Uprev to zeus on next branch in progress. Scott has a bunch of commits queued up.  ​
 +     * Intel and Qemu looking ok.
 +     * Renesas - done for M3/H3 as well Kingfisher ​
 +     * TI - Zeus now available (initial version, not released yet). Paul needs to retest to see if Sancloud graphics acceleration is ok.  ​
 +     * i.MX6 builds - need a kernel config fix that Scott has,
 +     * RPI 4 ok. RPI 3 not built or tested
 +     * Alexa Auto SDK not explicitly supported. Scott has a fix to up rev to zeus. 
 +     * Jose will do the switch to cynagora for the dbus patches - in review
 +     * 2/11 - Next branch builds for all targets. Should be ready pull next into master. First we should review the gitreview files to make sure they are correct then will put next into master.
 +     * 2/18 - 3 changes still in review for next. Should be ready to pull into master later this week. We've been slowed down by CI issues. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Next branch was merged to master and everything builds. A few issues seen in the board farm that need to be ironed out around NBD. SD-Card boot looks fine. See SPEC-3221 for details. H3 problems seem to be resolved by updating the firmware. See SPEC-3221 for the update procedure. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Net booting still being worked on. Some boards (e.g., Synopsis and others) do not have a zeus BSP layer. Jan-Simon will send email to the list to remind people interested in those boards that they need to provide a BSP layer or we will drop the board from the builds. Deadline is RC2. 
 +     * 3/17- Scott did some work to point AGL/next to the YP master to get a feel for the difficulty in upgrading to YP 3.1 for JJ. Overall went pretty smoothly. ​
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for March 10, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jessie, Edi, Matt P, Leon, Hosokawa, Dr. Yamaguchi, Kusakabe, Antia, Raquel, Thomas, Michael, Scott, Li, 
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Jessi, Matt R, Hosokawa, Tanikawa, Sekine, Dr. Yamaguchi, Scott. Parth 
 +
 +  * Happy Halibut -  8.0.6 is queued up for release ASAP. 
 +
 +
 +     * 12/17 - Waiting on back port of audio fixes from George as well as policy manager changes. ​
 +     * 1/7 - Need to retag 8.0.4 now that George'​s PipeWire and WirePlumber fixes are in. 
 +     * 1/14 - Edi and Jan-Simon on vacation so the release may not get sent out this week. Li was able test with Upsquare and RPI 3 and everything seemed ok. 
 +     * 1/21 - Edi tested 8.0.4 and tip of halibut so we will release it.
 +     * 1/28 - Edi tested 8.0.5 and noted some problems with media player and Bluetooth especially on first boot. He filed SPEC-3140 to track it and we will add it the list of known problems in the release notes. ​
 +     * 2/11 - Edi reporting seeing SPEC-3140 (no playlist in media player) even with no Bluetooth phone paired and on multiple boards (Intel and RPI).  One time left the system on for 20 minutes or so and the playlists appeared suddenly. ​
 +       * Jose fixed SPEC-3175. Want to check criticality of it to determine if we need to drop an 8.0.6 sooner than expected. ​
 +       * 3/3 - There are about 15 changes queued up for Halibut including Jose's critical update + a number of patches from poky that fix CVEs. Will work on getting the build working then cut the release. ​
 +       * 3/10 - Jan-Simon is sick this week, Not sure when this will get out, but will be ASAP. 
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 2/18 - Jira issue created SPEC-3195. ​
 +       * 3/3 - SPEC-3195 - George not on the call for an update. ​
 +       * 3/10 - Looks like no progress in Jira ticket. ​
 + 
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +
 +     * 1/14 - Marius working on the new home screen and compositor. will continue the discussion tomorrow on the App FW call. 
 +     * 1/21 - Marius converted launcher and navigation demo. Issues with launching and managing applications being worked out with Jose, See [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​topic/​af_binder_and_af_main/​69932650?​p=,,,​20,​0,​0,​0::​recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,​20,​2,​0,​69932650 | this thread on the groups.io]]. ​ Sandbox will be posted to gerrit in the next day. Will set up a follow up call for Thursday. ​  
 +     * 1/28 - Marius in process of upstreaming compositor changes to gerrit. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Need to get Marius use cases for how the apps and home screen services should interact and how they should be using the compositor. Who can work those out quickly and/or do we already have something written down?
 +     * Second session:
 +       * Home screen requirements not clear yet. 
 +       * Sample apps developed so far do not fit the existing QML applications. Wayland and AGL compositor implementation needs to be put into abstraction like qt-wayland. ​
 +       * Will set up a video workshop sometime next week to get the latest status from Collabora, update their implementation status compared to September, and work through the requirements to complete the effort. ​
 +     * 2/11 - Marius is creating a document that documents the changes has made to the compositor and window manager that we can use as the basis of a review next week. Will send it out to the community on Friday. ​
 +     * 2/18 - See [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8108 | Nick's email]] for Marius latest status.  ​
 +     * 3/3 - Marius sent out his [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8112 | technology preview]] to the email list.  Will set up a call on Wednesday March 11 one hour before the App FW EG call to review pending agreement with Japanese members on the second call. 
 +     * 3/10 -Review of Marius document is scheduled to begin tomorrow. ​
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +     * 1/21 - Web Apps broken on master since RC2. Igalia fixing for RC5. Halibut WAM is not well documented and people cannot get it to build either. ​ Web apps from CES are in process of being upstreamed to AGL. 
 +     * 1/28 - WAM fixes we uploaded and merged. Web Apps in flight for end of next week. 
 +     * 2/4 - SPEC-3153 and SPEC-2982 will be known issues at release of Icefish. ​ Will be getting the rest of the web apps moved from GitHub into gerrit by the end of the week. 
 +       * Second session: ​ Will this be back ported to Halibut for 8.0.6? ​ Konsulko looking how to implement the test cases (SPEC-3108). ​
 +     * 2/11 - Not as simple as cherry picking a few changes to Halibut, so we will NOT back port the WAM updates and reference apps to Halibut. ​
 +       * Scott reported an issue on Icefish with home screen being covered by the launcher (need a Jira ticket after rebuilding and retesting). Need to look at this before final Icefish release. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Scott'​s issue resolved by Igalia on the latest Icefish branch.
 +     * 3/3 - Resolving issues on master. Updates on Chromium version and make independent of the Web OSE chromium version. Edi requested that we add a component for Web Apps to the Jira selection. Will do that ASAP. 
 +     * 3/10 -Chromium 72 update in progress. Testing with QEMU. Working on the issues that Edi found in his testing with the HTML5 applications. ​
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 1/14 - Had some luck getting AGL minimal image up and running. Sounds like we need support from NXP to use the Vivante driver and will need some help from NXP to bypass the Vivante driver. ​
 +     * 1/21 - Homescreen comes up, but apps do not run. Manni looking for help but board availability is limited in the community. ​
 +     * 1/28 - i.mx8 running (etnaviv with 4.19 kernel?), but the response is very slow. Scott says that etnaviv support did not come in until the 5.4 kernel so Mani may be running with Vivante is some strange state. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Now looking at SPEC-3149 - Added Marius as a watcher. Scott is flying back from Brussels.
 +     * 2/11 - Making some progress. See SPEC-3149 for details. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Got Vivante driver working. Having audio issues with PipeWire config. See SPEC-3183 for details. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Audio issues still in flight (SPEC-3183). There is a general issue with PipeWire for i.MX devices that needs to be resolved upstream based on the work that was done for PulseAudio in the past. 
 +     * 3/10 - Latest work is documented in SPEC-3258. Scott focusing on getting etnaviv working on master. There is no Weston 7 support for zeus so this may be an issue. ​ Walt could try poking NXP as to their plan for Weston 7 or 8 for i.MX8.  ​
 +
 +
 +   * SPEC-3106 - CAN binding between the RPI4 and H3 in the CES demo would lock up occasionally. Only way we could figure out how to fix it was to reboot the boards. Need to try Romain'​s latest patches to see if this helps. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Still saw lock ups during FOSDEM, but we were not running with Romain'​s patches. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Matt looking at it and has not really reproduced it. Is able to use some new systemd features in zeus that should improve stability. ​ Will need to figure out if the back port is worthwhile. Matt can give us an estimate for the time. 
 +     * 3/3 - Scott has taken over looking at it. 
 +     * 3/10 - Scott'​s research has shown there is a fix in the socket CAN scheduler in kernel 5.5.  May be readily portable to 5.4 kernels, but will probably be an issue to back port to the Renesas 4.14 kernel. ​
 + 
 +   * Itchy Icefish
 +     * Icefish release is tagged and built.
 +     * Everything from last week is merged. Edi [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8107 | sent out a test report]] yesterday that looks good. 9.0.0 is tagged and build kicked off. 
 +     * [[ https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8120 | Test report from Li]] is available. ​
 +     * Source code mirror is fixed
 +     * Need to update release notes (Walt)
 +     * Need to review the doc site to Icefish branches. Board specific pages need to be checked by their maintainers. Walt and Jan-Simon to generate Jira tickets off-line.  ​
 +     * 3/10 - Will be shipped today. ​ Will push back 9.0.1 to April 10.  ​
 +
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +       * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +       * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Thanks to Jan-Simom for making a lot of updates to the docs in the last week. 
 +       * Thomas will take a look at the container and set up documentation as he configures his new machine in the next week and update the documentation as needed. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +     * Uprev to zeus on next branch in progress. Scott has a bunch of commits queued up.  ​
 +     * Intel and Qemu looking ok.
 +     * Renesas - done for M3/H3 as well Kingfisher ​
 +     * TI - Zeus now available (initial version, not released yet). Paul needs to retest to see if Sancloud graphics acceleration is ok.  ​
 +     * i.MX6 builds - need a kernel config fix that Scott has,
 +     * RPI 4 ok. RPI 3 not built or tested
 +     * Alexa Auto SDK not explicitly supported. Scott has a fix to up rev to zeus. 
 +     * Jose will do the switch to cynagora for the dbus patches - in review
 +     * 2/11 - Next branch builds for all targets. Should be ready pull next into master. First we should review the gitreview files to make sure they are correct then will put next into master.
 +     * 2/18 - 3 changes still in review for next. Should be ready to pull into master later this week. We've been slowed down by CI issues. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Next branch was merged to master and everything builds. A few issues seen in the board farm that need to be ironed out around NBD. SD-Card boot looks fine. See SPEC-3221 for details. H3 problems seem to be resolved by updating the firmware. See SPEC-3221 for the update procedure. ​
 +     * 3/10 - Net booting still being worked on. Some boards (e.g., Synopsis and others) do not have a zeus BSP layer. Jan-Simon will send email to the list to remind people interested in those boards that they need to provide a BSP layer or we will drop the board from the builds. Deadline is RC2. 
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +
 +   * Jan-Simon - [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​topic/​rfc_feedback_on_changes_to/​71754799?​p=,,,​20,​0,​0,​0::​recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,​20,​2,​0,​71754799 | RFC for CI changes]]
 +   * Scott brought up [[https://​www.yoctoproject.org/​yocto-project-long-term-support-announced/​ | Yocto/OE LTS]] plans. Should we switch to Yocto 3.1 for Jellyfish since zeus will not be supported beyond June of this year?  Will add to SC and SAT agendas.
 +   * Thomas pointed out issues with the SDK builds. ​
 +   * Dr. Yamaguchi pointed out calendar issues with groups.io calendar integrating with Outlook. We figured out that all events need to be defined in terms of UTC for the groups.io calendar. ​ Walt will update the calendar events in groups.io to be referenced to UTC rather than Chicago time. 
 +   * Scott and Matt R. received notice from MapBox that the API we use in our Nav Apps is being deprecated June 1. Matt can update the code to not use those APIs for master and Icefish. ​
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for March 3, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Mani, Parth, Raquel, Paul. Lorenzo, Sebastien, Leonid, Ronan, Thomas, Antia, Edi, Mikhail, Andrey, Stephane, Jose, Marat, Marius. Salma, Fred. George, Thierry, Aymeric, Armand, Pierre, Corey, Matt P, Li, Kusakabe, Dr. Yamaguchi, Kurokawa, Hosokawa, Scott
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt. Scott. Matt R, Tanikawa, Dr, Yamaguchi, Jessie
 +
 +  * Happy Halibut -  Will do an 8.0.6 once the next Yocto point release is made. We may do 8.0.6 after embedded World (week 10 - 06 March or so) 
 +
 +     * 12/17 - Waiting on back port of audio fixes from George as well as policy manager changes. ​
 +     * 1/7 - Need to retag 8.0.4 now that George'​s PipeWire and WirePlumber fixes are in. 
 +     * 1/14 - Edi and Jan-Simon on vacation so the release may not get sent out this week. Li was able test with Upsquare and RPI 3 and everything seemed ok. 
 +     * 1/21 - Edi tested 8.0.4 and tip of halibut so we will release it.
 +     * 1/28 - Edi tested 8.0.5 and noted some problems with media player and Bluetooth especially on first boot. He filed SPEC-3140 to track it and we will add it the list of known problems in the release notes. ​
 +     * 2/11 - Edi reporting seeing SPEC-3140 (no playlist in media player) even with no Bluetooth phone paired and on multiple boards (Intel and RPI).  One time left the system on for 20 minutes or so and the playlists appeared suddenly. ​
 +       * Jose fixed SPEC-3175. Want to check criticality of it to determine if we need to drop an 8.0.6 sooner than expected. ​
 +       * 3/3 - There are about 15 changes queued up for Halibut including Jose's critical update + a number of patches from poky that fix CVEs. Will work on getting the build working then cut the release. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 2/18 - Jira issue created SPEC-3195. ​
 +       * 3/3 - SPEC-3195 - George not on the call for an update. ​
 + 
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +
 +     * 1/14 - Marius working on the new home screen and compositor. will continue the discussion tomorrow on the App FW call. 
 +     * 1/21 - Marius converted launcher and navigation demo. Issues with launching and managing applications being worked out with Jose, See [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​topic/​af_binder_and_af_main/​69932650?​p=,,,​20,​0,​0,​0::​recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,​20,​2,​0,​69932650 | this thread on the groups.io]]. ​ Sandbox will be posted to gerrit in the next day. Will set up a follow up call for Thursday. ​  
 +     * 1/28 - Marius in process of upstreaming compositor changes to gerrit. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Need to get Marius use cases for how the apps and home screen services should interact and how they should be using the compositor. Who can work those out quickly and/or do we already have something written down?
 +     * Second session:
 +       * Home screen requirements not clear yet. 
 +       * Sample apps developed so far do not fit the existing QML applications. Wayland and AGL compositor implementation needs to be put into abstraction like qt-wayland. ​
 +       * Will set up a video workshop sometime next week to get the latest status from Collabora, update their implementation status compared to September, and work through the requirements to complete the effort. ​
 +     * 2/11 - Marius is creating a document that documents the changes has made to the compositor and window manager that we can use as the basis of a review next week. Will send it out to the community on Friday. ​
 +     * 2/18 - See [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8108 | Nick's email]] for Marius latest status.  ​
 +     * 3/3 - Marius sent out his [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8112 | technology preview]] to the email list.  Will set up a call on Wednesday March 11 one hour before the App FW EG call to review pending agreement with Japanese members on the second call. 
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +     * 1/21 - Web Apps broken on master since RC2. Igalia fixing for RC5. Halibut WAM is not well documented and people cannot get it to build either. ​ Web apps from CES are in process of being upstreamed to AGL. 
 +     * 1/28 - WAM fixes we uploaded and merged. Web Apps in flight for end of next week. 
 +     * 2/4 - SPEC-3153 and SPEC-2982 will be known issues at release of Icefish. ​ Will be getting the rest of the web apps moved from GitHub into gerrit by the end of the week. 
 +       * Second session: ​ Will this be back ported to Halibut for 8.0.6? ​ Konsulko looking how to implement the test cases (SPEC-3108). ​
 +     * 2/11 - Not as simple as cherry picking a few changes to Halibut, so we will NOT back port the WAM updates and reference apps to Halibut. ​
 +       * Scott reported an issue on Icefish with home screen being covered by the launcher (need a Jira ticket after rebuilding and retesting). Need to look at this before final Icefish release. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Scott'​s issue resolved by Igalia on the latest Icefish branch.
 +     * 3/3 - Resolving issues on master. Updates on Chromium version and make independent of the Web OSE chromium version. Edi requested that we add a component for Web Apps to the Jira selection. Will do that ASAP. 
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 1/14 - Had some luck getting AGL minimal image up and running. Sounds like we need support from NXP to use the Vivante driver and will need some help from NXP to bypass the Vivante driver. ​
 +     * 1/21 - Homescreen comes up, but apps do not run. Manni looking for help but board availability is limited in the community. ​
 +     * 1/28 - i.mx8 running (etnaviv with 4.19 kernel?), but the response is very slow. Scott says that etnaviv support did not come in until the 5.4 kernel so Mani may be running with Vivante is some strange state. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Now looking at SPEC-3149 - Added Marius as a watcher. Scott is flying back from Brussels.
 +     * 2/11 - Making some progress. See SPEC-3149 for details. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Got Vivante driver working. Having audio issues with PipeWire config. See SPEC-3183 for details. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Audio issues still in flight (SPEC-3183). There is a general issue with PipeWire for i.MX devices that needs to be resolved upstream based on the work that was done for PulseAudio in the past. 
 +
 +
 +   * SPEC-3106 - CAN binding between the RPI4 and H3 in the CES demo would lock up occasionally. Only way we could figure out how to fix it was to reboot the boards. Need to try Romain'​s latest patches to see if this helps. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Still saw lock ups during FOSDEM, but we were not running with Romain'​s patches. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Matt looking at it and has not really reproduced it. Is able to use some new systemd features in zeus that should improve stability. ​ Will need to figure out if the back port is worthwhile. Matt can give us an estimate for the time. 
 +     * 3/3 - Scott has taken over looking at it. 
 + 
 +   * Itchy Icefish
 +     * Icefish release is tagged and built.
 +     * Everything from last week is merged. Edi [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8107 | sent out a test report]] yesterday that looks good. 9.0.0 is tagged and build kicked off. 
 +     * [[ https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8120 | Test report from Li]] is available. ​
 +     * Source code mirror is fixed
 +     * Need to update release notes (Walt)
 +     * Need to review the doc site to Icefish branches. Board specific pages need to be checked by their maintainers. Walt and Jan-Simon to generate Jira tickets off-line.  ​
 +
 +   * Documentation ​
 +     * Need a replacement for Scott
 +     * 3/3 - Walt will look for Component = Documentation and auto assign to someone (Walt for now). 
 +     * Will reassign Scott'​s existing issues to Component Documentation so we can keep track of them better. ​
 +     * Send out an email to the mail list asking for documentation help/ new contractor. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +     * Uprev to zeus on next branch in progress. Scott has a bunch of commits queued up.  ​
 +     * Intel and Qemu looking ok.
 +     * Renesas - done for M3/H3 as well Kingfisher ​
 +     * TI - Zeus now available (initial version, not released yet). Paul needs to retest to see if Sancloud graphics acceleration is ok.  ​
 +     * i.MX6 builds - need a kernel config fix that Scott has,
 +     * RPI 4 ok. RPI 3 not built or tested
 +     * Alexa Auto SDK not explicitly supported. Scott has a fix to up rev to zeus. 
 +     * Jose will do the switch to cynagora for the dbus patches - in review
 +     * 2/11 - Next branch builds for all targets. Should be ready pull next into master. First we should review the gitreview files to make sure they are correct then will put next into master.
 +     * 2/18 - 3 changes still in review for next. Should be ready to pull into master later this week. We've been slowed down by CI issues. ​
 +     * 3/3 - Next branch was merged to master and everything builds. A few issues seen in the board farm that need to be ironed out around NBD. SD-Card boot looks fine. See SPEC-3221 for details. H3 problems seem to be resolved by updating the firmware. See SPEC-3221 for the update procedure. ​
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +
 +   * Dev call time in summer time. Japan team would like to keep the time as 9 am so start will be move to 7 pm Chicago time, DST starts March 8 in the US. 
 +
 + 
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for February 25, 2020 ===
 +** Meeting canceled due to Embedded World Conference **
 +
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for February 18, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Scott, Dennis, Edi, Romain, Aymeric, Johann, Thomas, Fred, Jose, Michael, Raquel, Marius, Armand, Leon, Paul, Ronan, Marc-Antoine,​ Lorenzo, Thierry, Salma, Path, Mani, Li, Dr, Yamaguchi, Kusakabe, Kurokawa, Mitsunari
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott, Matt, Dr. Y, Tanikawa, Jessie, Sekine
 +
 +
 +  * Happy Halibut -  Will do an 8.0.6 once the next Yocto point release is made. We may do 8.0.6 after embedded World (week 10 - 06 March or so) 
 +
 +     * 12/17 - Waiting on back port of audio fixes from George as well as policy manager changes. ​
 +     * 1/7 - Need to retag 8.0.4 now that George'​s PipeWire and WirePlumber fixes are in. 
 +     * 1/14 - Edi and Jan-Simon on vacation so the release may not get sent out this week. Li was able test with Upsquare and RPI 3 and everything seemed ok. 
 +     * 1/21 - Edi tested 8.0.4 and tip of halibut so we will release it.
 +     * 1/28 - Edi tested 8.0.5 and noted some problems with media player and Bluetooth especially on first boot. He filed SPEC-3140 to track it and we will add it the list of known problems in the release notes. ​
 +     * 2/11 - Edi reporting seeing SPEC-3140 (no playlist in media player) even with no Bluetooth phone paired and on multiple boards (Intel and RPI).  One time left the system on for 20 minutes or so and the playlists appeared suddenly. ​
 +       * Jose fixed SPEC-3175. Want to check criticality of it to determine if we need to drop an 8.0.6 sooner than expected. ​
 +
 +     * SPEC-3144 - Marius noted an issue (regression?​) using QEMU with an OBMF file. Will document the issue in a Jira ticket. Also will need to update the [[https://​docs.automotivelinux.org/​docs/​en/​master/​getting_started/​reference/​getting-started/​machines/​qemu.html#​deploying-the-agl-demo-image | doc page]]. May be due to Paul's update to using a single image for image. The image now uses UEFI boot instead of PC bios. 
 +       * Marius has a workaround so not a critical bug at this time,
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 12/17 - Bluetooth media player works initially on halibut, but is easy to break by switching back to local media. ​ It is possible that George'​s fixes to policy manager will improve this, but there is also an under run condition that cannot be explained by policy changes. Sandbox for the backport is sandbox/​jsmoeller/​halibut-pwupdate

 +       * 1/7 - Media player switching works well. Occasionally see under runs, but it is hard to reproduce. Mic switching is a problem when we run Alexa and the wake word engine. We prioritize the phone'​s mic over the vehicle mic and things get confusing. If the phone goes away the wake word engine does not work. 
 +       * 1/14 - George sent a fix that is in gerrit that may fix the problems with Bluetooth switching. Mic prioritization still needs to be worked out. 
 +       * 1/21 - Everything looks merged. Scott will open an issue for the mic/​HFP ​
 +       * 1/28 - Scott needs to write the Jira ticket. ​
 +       * 2/4 - No update
 +       * 2/11 - Scott was able to reproduce the issue and will document it in Jira today. Not just a mic problem but also a speaker problem. ​
 +       * 2/18 - Jira issue. ​
 + 
 +
 +   * Window Manager integration
 +
 +     * 1/14 - Marius working on the new home screen and compositor. will continue the discussion tomorrow on the App FW call. 
 +     * 1/21 - Marius converted launcher and navigation demo. Issues with launching and managing applications being worked out with Jose, See [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​topic/​af_binder_and_af_main/​69932650?​p=,,,​20,​0,​0,​0::​recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,​20,​2,​0,​69932650 | this thread on the groups.io]]. ​ Sandbox will be posted to gerrit in the next day. Will set up a follow up call for Thursday. ​  
 +     * 1/28 - Marius in process of upstreaming compositor changes to gerrit. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Need to get Marius use cases for how the apps and home screen services should interact and how they should be using the compositor. Who can work those out quickly and/or do we already have something written down?
 +     * Second session:
 +       * Home screen requirements not clear yet. 
 +       * Sample apps developed so far do not fit the existing QML applications. Wayland and AGL compositor implementation needs to be put into abstraction like qt-wayland. ​
 +       * Will set up a video workshop sometime next week to get the latest status from Collabora, update their implementation status compared to September, and work through the requirements to complete the effort. ​
 +     * 2/11 - Marius is creating a document that documents the changes has made to the compositor and window manager that we can use as the basis of a review next week. Will send it out to the community on Friday. ​
 +     * 2/18 - See [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8108 | Nick's email]] for Marius'​ latest status.  ​
 +
 +   * Sancloud BBE 
 +     * 1/14 - Things look good. Nothing to report. Probably nothing to do until upgrade to Zeus. 
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +     * 1/21 - Web Apps broken on master since RC2. Igalia fixing for RC5. Halibut WAM is not well documented and people cannot get it to build either. ​ Web apps from CES are in process of being upstreamed to AGL. 
 +     * 1/28 - WAM fixes we uploaded and merged. Web Apps in flight for end of next week. 
 +     * 2/4 - SPEC-3153 and SPEC-2982 will be known issues at release of Icefish. ​ Will be getting the rest of the web apps moved from GitHub into gerrit by the end of the week. 
 +       * Second session: ​ Will this be back ported to Halibut for 8.0.6? ​ Konsulko looking how to implement the test cases (SPEC-3108). ​
 +     * 2/11 - Not as simple as cherry picking a few changes to Halibut, so we will NOT back port the WAM updates and reference apps to Halibut. ​
 +       * Scott reported an issue on Icefish with home screen being covered by the launcher (need a Jira ticket after rebuilding and retesting). Need to look at this before final Icefish release. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Scott'​s issue resolved by Igalia on the latest Icefish branch.
 +
 +
 +   * i.Mx8 support- ​ Manni
 +     * 1/14 - Had some luck getting AGL minimal image up and running. Sounds like we need support from NXP to use the Vivante driver and will need some help from NXP to bypass the Vivante driver. ​
 +     * 1/21 - Homescreen comes up, but apps do not run. Manni looking for help but board availability is limited in the community. ​
 +     * 1/28 - i.mx8 running (etnaviv with 4.19 kernel?), but the response is very slow. Scott says that etnaviv support did not come in until the 5.4 kernel so Mani may be running with Vivante is some strange state. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Now looking at SPEC-3149 - Added Marius as a watcher. Scott is flying back from Brussels.
 +     * 2/11 - Making some progress. See SPEC-3149 for details. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Got Vivante driver working. Having audio issues with PipeWire config. See SPEC-3183 for details. ​
 +
 +
 +   * SPEC-3106 - CAN binding between the RPI4 and H3 in the CES demo would lock up occasionally. Only way we could figure out how to fix it was to reboot the boards. Need to try Romain'​s latest patches to see if this helps. ​
 +     * 2/4 - Still saw lock ups during FOSDEM, but we were not running with Romain'​s patches. ​
 +     * 2/18 - Matt looking at it and has not really reproduced it. Is able to use some new systemd features in zeus that should improve stability. ​ Will need to figure out if the back port is worthwhile. Matt can give us an estimate for the time. 
 + 
 +   * Itchy Icefish
 +     * RC5 released. ​
 +     * Icefish branch now active
 +     * Everything from last week is merged. Edi [[https://​lists.automotivelinux.org/​g/​agl-dev-community/​message/​8107 | sent out a test report]] yesterday that looks good. 9.0.0 is tagged and build kicked off. 
 +     * Jose pointed out an issue with the AGL source code mirror where Cynagora is not showing up. Seems to have to do with using the source cache. Will write a Jira ticket. ​
 +
 +   * Jumping Jellyfish
 +     * Uprev to zeus on next branch in progress. Scott has a bunch of commits queued up.  ​
 +     * Intel and Qemu looking ok.
 +     * Renesas - done for M3/H3 as well Kingfisher ​
 +     * TI - Zeus now available (initial version, not released yet). Paul needs to retest to see if Sancloud graphics acceleration is ok.  ​
 +     * i.MX6 builds - need a kernel config fix that Scott has,
 +     * RPI 4 ok. RPI 3 not built or tested
 +     * Alexa Auto SDK not explicitly supported. Scott has a fix to up rev to zeus. 
 +     * Jose will do the switch to cynagora for the dbus patches - in review
 +     * 2/11 - Next branch builds for all targets. Should be ready pull next into master. First we should review the gitreview files to make sure they are correct then will put next into master.
 +     * 2/18 - 3 changes still in review for next. Should be ready to pull into master later this week. We've been slowed down by CI issues. ​
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +
 +   * Dev call time in summer time. Japan team would like to keep the time as 9 am so start will be move to 7 pm Chicago time, DST starts March 8 in the US. 
 +
 + 
 +
 +=== Meeting notes for February 11, 2020 ===
 +
 +First Session Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Mani, Dennis. Michael, Fred, Paul, Jose, Edi, Marius, Leon, Lorenzo, Romain, Vincent, Ronan, Raquel, Salma, Li, Kusakabe, Hosokawa
 +
 +Second Session Attendees: Walt, Scott, Matt, Mitsunari, Sekine, Jessie, Tanikawa
  
   * Happy Halibut - 8.0.5 final release was sent out    * Happy Halibut - 8.0.5 final release was sent out 
dev-call-info.1581468101.txt.gz · Last modified: 2020/02/12 00:41 by waltminer