User Tools

Site Tools


dev-call-info

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
dev-call-info [2019/12/03 14:46]
waltminer
dev-call-info [2019/12/10 14:44] (current)
waltminer
Line 32: Line 32:
 === Meeting notes for December 10, 2019 === === Meeting notes for December 10, 2019 ===
 Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting// Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting//
 +
 +
 +   * Happy Halibut - 8.0.3 release complete!
 +     * 8.0.4 patches due next week (12 Dec code in gerrit)
 +
 +        * 10/15
 +          * Edi - no regressions on nHH 8.0.2. On master RPI audio is gone again. A lot of errors in the PipeWire journal. Will upload the log to SPEC-2666. Bluetooth audio is fine on halibut. On master it is flaky with H3/KF. Could be due to the KF onboard BT because there are hardware limitations. ​ M3 is is fine with external BT. George is aware of regressions on master. Has not tested with the internal BT on KF. 
 +        * 11/5
 +          * Edi - No HDMI audio for RPI4 on halibut, but master is ok. Jack does not work for either branch.
 +          * Nothing else to report.
 +          * Li - Nothing special to report. ​
 +
 +        * 11/19
 +          * Edi ran tests on 8.03 pre-release. No audio on RPI. Waiting for master to work (SPEC-2666),​ then back porting to Halibut. George still seeing regressions on master. Does not expect fixes to be ready until next week, so it would be too late for 8.0.3. ​
 +          * Non-RPI Bluetooth audio works ok, Phone calls sometimes have one way audio. Edi to add phone call test cases to test suite. ​
 +        * 11/26
 +          * Ready to release. Fujitsu still testing, but based on what we have seen will go ahead and release. ​
 +          * Known issues. ​
 +            * No audio on RPI
 +            * One way audio on phone calls (sometimes) ​
 +            * SPEC-2987, SPEC-2712 - No 5G Wifi detection on RPI4
 +        * 12/3
 +          * Edi's testing looked the same.
 +          * Leon - 5G Wifi on RPI 3/4 looks the same as on Raspbian so we will not look at it. SPEC-2987 was closed and SPEC-2712 will review the latest from Leon to determine whether it should be closed or left open. 
 +          * 12/10 - Patches due Thursday night. Edi asked about booting RPI 4 with USB sound card. Pointed out that there is a race condition in the ALSA sound card numbering. We might need to be smarted about how name/number the cards so that we don't have to guess at run time. Edi will open up ticket to keep track of this issues. ​
 +
 +
 +     * Bluetooth audio
 +       * 9/17 - George said "yes, yes, definitely"​ for a fix for 8.0.2
 +       * 9/24 - George said "yes, yes. that is still the plan"
 +       * 10/1 - George said "yeah, yeah, yeah. The plan is to merge Thursday or Friday."​
 +       * 10/8 - BT audio made it onto halibut. One thing to note is that master is tracking PipeWire master and halibut is tracking the PipeWire halibut branch so there are differences between the two. George was not satisfied with PW master so he did not back port to halibut yet. 
 +       * Hearing some one-way audio with BT. Sometimes it works fine. 
 +       * Expects to back port PipeWire master to halibut before 8.0.3 with fixes for RPI and BT. 
 +       * 11/5 - some WirePlumber fixes need to be ported to AGL. Most came from the PipeWire hackfest over the weekend in Lyon. Expecting to ship WirePlumber on the March Fedora release. No changes to BT since 8.0.2 due to travel. ​
 +       * 11/19 - Media works ok. Phone sometimes one way audio. Julian will work on starting next week. SPEC-2792
 +       * 11/26 - Julian working on. 
 +       * 12/3 - George and Julian cannot reproduce the one-way audio on Bluetooth phone calls on master. Still trying though. RPI audio works on master, but no master volume control on master. George working on the code for master volume control. ​
 +       * 12/10 - George not on the call. Will join the Integration session bridge later. ​
 + 
 +     * Raspberry Pi audio updates
 +       * See SPEC-2666 and SPEC-2297
 +       * 8/20: target is 8.0.1
 +       * 8/27: no news
 +       * 9/3 - Will not be fixed for 8.0.1. George hopes to have something ready for Berlin F2F. 
 +       * 9/10 - No update
 +       * 9/17 - Julian working on config to be ready for next week. 
 +       * 9/24 - Julian sidetracked by BT and other high priority issues. Will probably be delayed until after 8.0.2.
 +       * 10/1 - May be fixed for latest master (HDMI audio) and back ported to halibut. ​
 +       * 11/5 - Fixed on master. Needs to be back ported to halibut. ​
 +       * 11/19 - Same status
 +       * 11/26 - Same status.
 +       * 12/3 - Same status.
 +       * 12/10 - Same status. ​
 +
 +   * Window Manager integation
 +     * 10/15 - Daniel having issues with builds. Will push to a sandbox today and we will help to get building. Will cherry pick to enable Weston 6. 
 +     * 11/5 - don't know if Daniel fixed his build problems. ​
 +     * 11/19 - Still have not seen anything from Daniel or Scott. Getting to be too late for RC1
 +     * 11/26 - One gerrit issue merged. Three submitted and waiting. ​ One more for home screen that Daniel is building now. Then needs to work with the Scotts to get the home screen working. More details in the report that Nick will be sending out. 
 +     * 12/3 - Merged as a optional feature "​agl-compositor"​.Apps and WAM still need to be updated. Daniel will provide an update during the SAT call on Thursday. Scott A is working on app switching to allow the home screen to be integrated. Meanwhile, Scott M is waiting on instructions from Daniel as to what needs to be done for apps. 
 +     * 12/10 - Daniel pushed the home screen and new compositor. Home screen needs further work for the Qt build system, Reviews should be starting. Need more information on what to expect and when.  ​
 +
 +
 +   * Sancloud BBE 
 +     * 11/5 - BBE looked good at the tech showcase in Lyon last week thanks to Paul
 +     * 11/19 - pushed updates to meta-ti and meta-agl-bsp. ​ Build tested vayu board, but Paul does not have a Vayu to test with. Jan-Simon can take a look. This will make it into II RC1.
 +     * 11/26 - Paul's changes were merged. ​ BBE is ok. Still need to test with Vayu. 
 +     * 12/3 - Paul working with Jan-Simon on automotive cape enablement. Vayu having build issues. ​
 +     * 12/10 - Nothing to report. Paul kicked off some builds last night to do some testing of some issues Edi found. ​
 +
 +   * Web App Manager Updates from Lorenzo
 +     * 9/3 - making progress on launcher. ​
 +     * 9/10 - Continuing to work in the launcher. ​
 +     * 9/17 - Making progress on spec-2812 and SPEC-1948
 +     * 10/15 
 +     * I will update on the WebAppManager here: we have fixed a regression on the raspberry pi and id other improvements on WAM, for example now the launcher waits until the WebAppMgr is running (this is configurable via an envar)
we are currently investigating a crash with youtube in the minnowboard and working on the update to chromium72

 +     * 11/5 -Looking at issues with running HTML apps and home screen simultaneously. SPEC-2900. Looking at updating to Chromium 72 and how to enable faster updates from Chromium into AGL. 
 +     * 11/19 -SPEC-2900 fixed. Looking at SPEC-2947 (Permissions to access mic in WAM). SPEC-2322 should be ready in the next few days. Looking at the improvements to incorporating upstream chromium.
 +     * 11/26 - Working on token logic integration with Jose. Launcher app and home screen are working, Should have some patches this week for a pure Web App image. Working on SPEC-2947 as well.  On the lookout for the Window Manager updates to test WAM with those changes. ​
 +     * 12/3 - Working on renaming the layer (should be ready to merge for RC2). Still working on token logic with Jose. Have an initial "​transitional"​ version working. Still needs some polishing. ​
 +     * 12/10 - Progress made on rename of layer and token logic updates. Pushing changes for apps as well. 
 +
 +
 +   * CES 2020 integration
 +     * 10/15 - Two additional steering wheels arrived in Karlsruhe for modification. Haraki-san has prepared an additional 5 steering wheels. ​ Michael needs to check on the availability of additional LIN/HVAC boards to ensure he can modify those boards. Will hold off on shipping those to Karlsruhe until we figure out what to do. 
 +     * Scott finishing up splitting out the Amazon dependencies from the high level API for speech. ​
 +     * 11/5 - API refactoring is complete. Need wake word engine support from Amazon. Philip or someone else from Amazon should be in Karlsruhe next week to support. ​
 +     * 11/19 - Scott'​s changes from Yokohama were incorporated except the CAN Low level code was incorporated into build. (gerrit 22940 and 22933 do not build) Romain will take a look, 
 +     * Kusakabe developing volume control module for steering wheel input. Receiving events correctly.
 +     * Kurokawa-san making progress on the container demo. Waltham connection not tested yet (sender integrated, but the receiver is not integrated into IC profile yet). Unicens another untested issue. ​
 +     * 11/26
 +     * Kusakabe-san broke his personal LIN board so it will need to be replaced. ​ Will work with Kurokawa-san to figure out a replacement, ​ Sent steering wheel to Issei for shipment to SFO. 
 +     * Kusakabe-san reports that CARLA software simulator from Toyota will be very difficult to integration. The documentation is Toyota Confidential and all in Japanese. In any case it is very large and difficult to figure out. 
 +     * Integration session planned with Tanikawa-san and Kurokawa-san in Japan this week. Dropping Waltham back-end from the container demo.  Will try to use the current video plug-in solution for IC communication, ​
 +     * 12/3
 +       * Things are looking ok from Scott'​s side. No report from Japan. ​
 +     * 12/10 
 +       * Integration session in SFO this week. Two steering wheels both work for volume control and radio station scanning. ​
 +       * Thomas showed a video of the driving simulation and announced that the low can message database sent to Romain has been successfully integrated. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Itchy Icefish RC1 released. ​ RC2 candidate sent out by Jan-Simon for initial testing. ​
 +
 +     * 11/19 - Jan-Simon kicked this off.  Reviewing gerrit issues for inclusion. Build will be ready for Friday, Manifest and image possibly by Thursday morning for Edi to take a look at. 
 +     * 11/26 - Artifacts are ready. ​
 +       * Five bugs noted from Fuijitsu tests (transcribe later)
 +       * Edi
 +         * Telephone audio was soft on H3 with mic attached to H3 microphone jack. No other boards would record with the USB sound card. A lot of noise in the call.  ​
 +         * Contacts had issues. ​
 +       * Jose discovered an issue with audio still using Cynagora. Will work with George on fixing. ​
 +     * 12/3 - Jose's issue should be fixed with changes being made by George. ​
 +     * 12/10 - With master from Sunday Edi was not able to get audio on the Minnowboard on master. ​ RC2 testing will be completed on Thursday by Edi. 
 +
 +   * SPEC-2931 - Paul working on merging QEMU and Intel physical targets. CI failure needs support from Jan-Simon. ​
 +     * 11/26 - Still in flight. Netboot needs to be fixed. ​
 +     * 12/3 - Netbook working now on Paul's end. Needs to be merged.  ​
 +     * 12/10 - Now working on getting rid of meta-intel completely and using meta-qemu... as the layer for both QEMU and real hardware. ​
 +  ​
 +
 +   * SPEC-2629 - Phone contacts not working for some boards ​
 +     * 12/3 - In progress. Probably some issues brought on by iOS 13. 
 +     * 12/10 - Fred made a test with a Samsung phone and it was working part of the time. iPhone with iOS 13 not working, Will do some testing at the integration session this week with Matt. 
 +
 +
 +New Business:
 +
 +   * Li did more testing of Wifi on RPI 4 and opened up SPEC-3031 to document what he found. ​
 +
  
 === Meeting notes for December 3, 2019 === === Meeting notes for December 3, 2019 ===
dev-call-info.1575384363.txt.gz · Last modified: 2019/12/03 14:46 by waltminer