User Tools

Site Tools


dev-call-info

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
dev-call-info [2019/06/10 15:13]
waltminer Agenda for June 11 meeting
dev-call-info [2019/06/11 13:52] (current)
waltminer
Line 21: Line 21:
  
 === Meeting notes for June 11, 2019 === === Meeting notes for June 11, 2019 ===
-Attendees: ​//Upcoming Meeting//+Attendees: ​Walt, Jan-Simon, Edi, Michael, Fred, Johann, Janathan, Kurokawa, Marc-Antoine,​ Pierre, Raquel, Romain, Salma, Stoyan, Tom, Scott, Clement
  
    * Funky Flounder (flounder branch)    * Funky Flounder (flounder branch)
Line 36: Line 36:
      * Guppy 7.0.3 - Release pushed back to June 30       * Guppy 7.0.3 - Release pushed back to June 30 
        * SPEC-2398 - Scott reported a regression in the IC map viewer (H/T to Witz for finding it) that is new to 7.0.2. Traced to the IVI side.         * SPEC-2398 - Scott reported a regression in the IC map viewer (H/T to Witz for finding it) that is new to 7.0.2. Traced to the IVI side. 
 +         * 6/11 - Nothing to report. ​
  
  
Line 42: Line 43:
            * Update 5/28 - Tom waiting for George to test a few things to confirm that we are not confusing separate issue. Otherwise the non-pipewire apps are ok on guppy. George will move his development to master. ​            * Update 5/28 - Tom waiting for George to test a few things to confirm that we are not confusing separate issue. Otherwise the non-pipewire apps are ok on guppy. George will move his development to master. ​
            * Update 6/4 - George reports that the issue is still seen on master after he moved to master. ​            * Update 6/4 - George reports that the issue is still seen on master after he moved to master. ​
 +           * 6/11 - No update. George switched to QEMU and had not gotten back to RPI
    
        * Renesas <​del>​BSP 3.15 update pushed to for 7.0.2</​del>​ (Ronan working on)        * Renesas <​del>​BSP 3.15 update pushed to for 7.0.2</​del>​ (Ronan working on)
Line 49: Line 51:
          * 5/28 - Still waiting on Cogent layer for 3.19 for guppy. ​          * 5/28 - Still waiting on Cogent layer for 3.19 for guppy. ​
          * 6/4 - Still on hold waiting for Cogent. ​          * 6/4 - Still on hold waiting for Cogent. ​
 +         * 6/11 - No update. ​
  
-   * Happy Halibut - Pre-RC1 released ​today+   * Happy Halibut - Pre-RC1 released ​last week (6/4)
      * RC1 will merge the Weston 6 sandbox, then test and build by the end of the week. Release is planned for 5/31.       * RC1 will merge the Weston 6 sandbox, then test and build by the end of the week. Release is planned for 5/31. 
-     * Stoyan reporting issue with mixing streams between local media and Bluetooth on M3.  +     ​* ​SPEC-2281 - Stoyan reporting issue with mixing streams between local media and Bluetooth on M3.  
-     ​* Once he switches to local media he loses BT for good on all boards.  +       ​* Once he switches to local media he loses BT for good on all boards. ​ 
-     * Bluetooth button is not active on any board. ​+       * Was fixed but there is a regression for M3 only. Stoyan will create a new defect. (SPEC-2508) 
 +  
 +     ​* ​SPEC-2488 - Bluetooth button is not active on any board. ​ 
 +       * 6/11 - Resolved for RC2 and Guppy 7.0.3.  
      * Weston 6.0 merged for RC1.  ​      * Weston 6.0 merged for RC1.  ​
      * SPEC-2468 - Issue reported with Gechic attached to M3.       * SPEC-2468 - Issue reported with Gechic attached to M3. 
 +       * 6/11- Triaged to a hardware defect. Nothing to fix in the software. Reassigned to Jose for one final look before closing. ​
 + 
      * Daniel reported an issue with QEMU window manager startup that he is looking at.       * Daniel reported an issue with QEMU window manager startup that he is looking at. 
 +       * 6/11 - Resolved.
  
      * Re-enable i.MX6 builds      * Re-enable i.MX6 builds
Line 65: Line 75:
          * Is what Tom stated about a standard config file documented somewhere? ​ Scott will workout how to get the i.Mx6 kernel running and then update the documentation. ​          * Is what Tom stated about a standard config file documented somewhere? ​ Scott will workout how to get the i.Mx6 kernel running and then update the documentation. ​
        * 6/4 - Scott went down a rabbit hole and babbled about things for a few minutes... Will push changes to make the i.Mx6 buildable. ​        * 6/4 - Scott went down a rabbit hole and babbled about things for a few minutes... Will push changes to make the i.Mx6 buildable. ​
-         * Bechir contacted NXP and they will not be supporting Weston 6 for their i.Mx6 BSPs with the binary graphics driver. ​+         * Bechir contacted NXP and they will not be supporting Weston 6 for their i.Mx6 BSPs with the binary graphics driver
 +       * 6/11 - Jose has a workaround for i.MX6 systemd issues that he will push to gerrit
  
     * Renesas BSP updates     * Renesas BSP updates
Line 72: Line 83:
       * New graphics library will be middle of May. This will fix SPEC-2253. ​       * New graphics library will be middle of May. This will fix SPEC-2253. ​
       * 6/4 - In-progress and on track. ​       * 6/4 - In-progress and on track. ​
 +      * 6/11 - Same as last week. 
  
  
Line 80: Line 92:
      * 5/28 - Nothing to report. Busy on other projects. ​      * 5/28 - Nothing to report. Busy on other projects. ​
      * 6/4 - Nothing to report. ​      * 6/4 - Nothing to report. ​
 +     * 6/11 - Paul pushed patches to work with the new folder layout. Looks good on master. ​
  
    * Change to not run as root will be tested in Jose's sandbox (sandbox/​jobol/​wip-mu)    * Change to not run as root will be tested in Jose's sandbox (sandbox/​jobol/​wip-mu)
Line 86: Line 99:
      * 5/28 - In progress. Jose hoping to have a proposal next week for sound and networking fixes. ​      * 5/28 - In progress. Jose hoping to have a proposal next week for sound and networking fixes. ​
      * 6/4 - In progress. Jose working with Johann. Issues with gstreamer and lightmediascanner that need to be resolved. Plan is for RC2.       * 6/4 - In progress. Jose working with Johann. Issues with gstreamer and lightmediascanner that need to be resolved. Plan is for RC2. 
 +     * 6/11 - Jose was sick for a few days putting RC2 plan in a little jeopardy.
  
    * GSOC - Cheryl Fong is our Google Summer of Code student this year. She will be working initially on a CAN simulator and then a smooth driving application. ​    * GSOC - Cheryl Fong is our Google Summer of Code student this year. She will be working initially on a CAN simulator and then a smooth driving application. ​
Line 93: Line 107:
      * Will send build to Jan-Simon in next couple of weeks. Michael will integrate new microphone array at that time.       * Will send build to Jan-Simon in next couple of weeks. Michael will integrate new microphone array at that time. 
      * Michael will send new microphone array to Soya-san. Integration in Japan planned for week of 24 June.       * Michael will send new microphone array to Soya-san. Integration in Japan planned for week of 24 June. 
 +     * 6/11 - Will get an update from Naveen tomorrow. Thierry is currently stuck. ​
  
    * George asked about SPEC-2473 and how to integrate Pipewire and which parts of 4a need to be left in. Disabling 4a results in Audio Manager and PulseAudio being brought in. Jan-Simon will work with George on getting the build options ready. ​    * George asked about SPEC-2473 and how to integrate Pipewire and which parts of 4a need to be left in. Disabling 4a results in Audio Manager and PulseAudio being brought in. Jan-Simon will work with George on getting the build options ready. ​
 +     * 6/11 - Decision taken during SAT call to deprecate 4a as an option. (see meeting minutes for details). Now ready for merging. Session manager now needs work prior to RC2 at the end of this week.  ​
  
 New Business: New Business:
 +   * Need to understand what Igalia is bringing into master for HH for WAM in the next week or so. Will follow up with an email to Lorenzo. ​
 +   ​* ​
  
 ------ ------
dev-call-info.txt · Last modified: 2019/06/11 13:52 by waltminer