User Tools

Site Tools


dev-call-info

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
dev-call-info [2018/08/07 18:13]
waltminer
dev-call-info [2018/08/14 13:46] (current)
waltminer
Line 44: Line 44:
  
 === Meeting notes for August 14, 2018 === === Meeting notes for August 14, 2018 ===
-Attendees: //Upcoming Meeting//+Attendees: Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Christian, Tobias, Romain, Scott, Leon, Dennis, Stoyan, Matt, Emmanuel, Loic 
 + 
 + * **DD Must-Fix Issues**. 
 +     * DD 4.0.3 release with YP 2.2.3 version that went into QA.  
 +     * DD 4.0.4 not planned. Will be on an as-needed basis. YP has started a 2.2.4. ​ Now 49% finished with QA. 
 + 
 +     * Review [[https://jira.automotivelinux.org/issues/?​filter=11416 | DD Must Fix Issues]] in Jira 
 +     * Update 8/14 : YP 2.2.4 has been released (SPEC-1662). Will put a Dab update on the schedule.  
 + 
 +   * **EE Issues** ​   
 +   * Eel 5.0.1 - [[agl-distro:​release-notes#​eel_501|Release completed!]] 
 +   * Eel 5.0.2 - [[agl-distro:​release-notes#​eel_502|Release completed!]] 
 + 
 +   * Eel 5.0.3 - [[agl-distro:​release-notes#​eel_503|Release completed!]]  
 + 
 +   * Eel 5.1.0 (was 5.0.4) - [[agl-distro:​release-notes#​eel_510|Release completed!]]  
 + 
 +   * Eel 5.1.1 with updated poky planned after FF release, date tba 
 + 
 +   * Review [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​issues/?​filter=11701 | EE Must Fix Issues]] in Jira    
 + 
 +   * Funky Flounder (master) 
 +     * RC1 released 
 +     * RC2 released on Fri (Aug 3) 
 +     * RC3 - Merge window / deadline for rc3 is: 14-Aug-2018  
 +       * Feedback on RC2 
 +         * HALS needed Fiberdyne amplifier, slim amplifier, etc. Microchip working on getting this available.  
 +         * Update 8/14:  4a tools (command to list the HALs) not working with latest master for the CSL USB sound card plugged in. Microchip'​s HALs are ready and being merged (16045)  
 + 
 +         * Wifi on RPI B+ not working (SPEC-1652). Leon working on a solution. Bluetooth needs to be tested.  
 +         * Update 8/14 - Fixed (16049). Bluetooth also working.  
 + 
 +         * Internal audio jack on RPI not working with 4a. May be the RPI BSP. (SPEC-1610) 
 +         * Update 8/14 - Leon will test this week and provide some feedback.  
 + 
 +         * Phone app not working. Needs Bluez to be integrated with 4a.  
 +         * Update 8/14 - No update. Jonathan on vacation. 
 + 
 +         * Media player not working. Loic working on. 
 +         * Update 8/14 - Gerrit 16107 fixes.  
 + 
 +         * Mixer can only be opened once. Further attempts to open the mixer will not do anything, but the system does not crash. Michael writing Jira. Loic working on.  
 +         * Update 8/14 - Loic will investigate this week.  
 + 
 +         * Possible no home screen starting on Minnowboard Turbot reported by Matt R. Scott will also take a look today.  
 +         * Update 8/14 - No update 
 + 
 +         * Scott trying to get QEMU ARM and ARM-64 working for CI. (SPEC-756) 
 +         * Update 8/14 - Scott has both are working with no graphics. Should be ok for CI. Scott will submit to gerrit.  
 + 
 +      * **FF Final release cut-off is August 24.**  
 + 
 +   * Home Screen - need to resolve ownership of implementation of the Home Screen application. Could ask for volunteers on the mail list. Could hire someone to do it.  
 +     * 4/3 - Toyota will take care of for EE and FF.  
 +     * 4/10 - Will get an update from Tanikawa-san on Thursday in Karlsruhe.  
 +     * 4/24 - Local meeting in Tokyo tomorrow. Tanikawa-san will send an update update afterwards.  
 +     * 5/15 - Toyota will take care of Window Manager for FF (no change expected) and will split out the launcher application for Top Bar and the main Home Screen.  
 +     * 5/22 - No update 
 +     * 7/3 - Toyota will post policy manager and app launcher to gerrit soon to make it into RC2. Repos were created this week. Will need to review the policy manager interface to make sure it is generic and not dependent on the Toyota implementation that uses ZIPC generated code.  
 +     * 7/10 - Gerrit 15133 was added that has the interface mixed in with "​sample"​ implementation from ZIPC. Requested that this be broken up into two commits.  
 +     * 7/24 - ZIPC reverted to push fix for RC2. Needs to be re-added for RC3. 
 +     * 7/31 - Need to add zipc 
 +     * 8/7 - ZIPC still needs to be added for RC3.  
 +     * 8/14 - Yuta pushed the change (16101 and 16105) but they need a rebase. Jan-Simon will try to rebase to see if we can get it in this week.  
 + 
 +   * [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1346 | SPEC-1346]] - HTML5 app launcher issue. Dominig and Jose will have a joint integration session next week.  Walt to send an email asking about anyone having a good demo app for HTML5 that can be donated to AGL. Maybe Igalia can provide something?​ 
 +     * 4/10 - Juna Sanchez from Igalia will provide an update during the F2F meeting remotely.  
 +     * 4/24 - Igalia and LG having a workshop this week to work on web app framework.  
 +     * 5/8 - Workshop went well. Patches to be submitted by ALS? 
 +     * 5/15 - No update 
 +     * 5/22 - No update 
 +     * 5/29 - No update 
 +     * 6/26 - LG to add a new layer as an external repo to enable their HTML5 work. This will allow their web app manager (WAM) to be built on top of AGL. Still will need to enable individual services to be available. Will have a workshop at LG Sep 11 - 13.  
 +     * 7/3 - Wiki page for F2F meeting now available https://​wiki.automotivelinux.org/​agl-distro/​sep2018-f2f 
 +     * 7/24 - No update 
 +     * 7/31 - Stephane tried meta-agl-lg,​ still needs adjustments for master 
 +     * 8/7 - No update 
 +     * 8/14 - No update 
 + 
 +   * Documentation Improvements - Dennis brought up that he has been showing AGL around his office and to other people. He noted that the AGL documentation site is out of date with respect to "​Getting Started"​. His team is interested in creating a custom device creation and app development. His "Hello World" app no longer works as a starting point. He has some ideas on how to improve things. Will send out an email to the list and create a Jira ticket.  
 +     * 4/17 - Dennis sent and email with a list of suggestions/​ comments. This was discussed during the F2F meeting in Karlsruhe last week as well.  We are also seeing "under the radar" requests for documentation on how to get up and running. Dominig suggested creating a series of videos to walk people through the process.  
 +     * 4/24 - Walt will start figuring out some ways to get this done.  
 +     * 5/8 - Jordan made some updates as he went through the documentation to get up to speed.  
 +     * 5/15 - No more to report. Walt is going to start a design document on google docs to get some comments before making the changes to the doc site.  
 +     * 7/10 - Kicking this off with an outside contractor to help with look and feel and filling in additional documentation.  
 +     * 7/17 - [[agl-distro:​doc-site-improvements|Wiki page started]] to keep track of ideas for doc site improvements.  
 +     * 7/31 - No update 
 +     * 8/7 - Contract to be signed this week and Scotty will be starting ASAP.  
 +     * 8/14 - Contract signed! 
 + 
 + 
 +   * Surface ID management proposal from ADIT 
 +     * Reviewed email thread, a few slides from Tanibata-san as well [[https://​iot.bzh/​download/​public/​2017/​AMMQ1Tokyo/​HomeScreen-Q1AMM2017-Fulup-IoTbzh.pdf | Fulup'​s proposal from AMM]]  
 +     * Jose will prepare a follow-up on security for next dev call (Apr 24) 
 +     * 4/24 - Discussed latest proposal from ADIT and Tanikawa and Jose's replies. ​ Seems like general agreement between IoT.bzh and Tanikawa. New proposal from Tanikawa-san after Golden Week.  
 +     * 5/8 - Missing ADIT and IoT.bzh today. Can discuss during App FW EG call tomorrow and/or SAT this week.  
 +     * 5/15 - Reviewed during Graphics EG call yesterday. Another update expected in two weeks during next EG call.  
 +     * 5/22 - On target to be reviewed on Monday 
 +     * 5/29 - Reviewed yesterday Graphics and UI call. Tanikawa updating his proposal. Another review in two weeks.  
 +     * 6/12 - Revised Proposal to be shown at the F2F meeting on June 19 in Tokyo.  
 +     * 6/26 - No update 
 +     * 7/3 - No update 
 +     * 7/10 - No update 
 +     * 7/24 - No update 
 +     * 7/31 - No update 
 + 
 +   * Google Summer of Code - Jordan  
 +     * 6/12 - Updating HVAC to be a service. Started on task manager app. Need an icon created. Will create Jira ticket.  
 +     * 6/26 - Away for last two weeks. Restarted work on task manager. Update to config file for LED will be completed this week.  
 +     * 7/3 - Task manager continues.  
 +     * 7/10 - Final changes to HVAC config were pushed to gerrit (15093). Requested help with procps.  
 +     * 7/17 - Figured out a workaround for the procps issue. Now working on creating the service.  
 +     * 7/24 - Backend done. Send email to ML about issue. Struggling with cmake (app-templates). wgt did not contain .so or bin . Debug session suggested. romain suggests a cache issue (remove build folder). 
 +     * 7/31 - Working on qml frontend, using cmake app-templates and app-helper submodule now. Issues to convert from QtCreator. 
 +     * 8/7 - Task manager - bulk of the code is finished. Should be done this Friday which is his deadline.  
 +     * 8/14 - GSoC last day is today. Jordan submitted changes that need to be incorporated.  
 + 
 + 
 +   * New Business: 
 +     * Jira questions 
 +       * SPEC-1260 - Agree with closure? Refer to SAT? - Closed.  
 +       * SPEC-1611 - Can close? ​ - Check with Tanikawa and Jan-Simon. Agree we can resolve.  
 + 
 +     * Move soft mixer and HAL generic from github to gerrit for Flounder - Defer to next week. Should happen next week when Jonathan is back from vacation.  
 + 
 +     * Scaling fix was reverted by Tanikawa. How do we get it back in. See SPEC-1611 - Defer to next week 
 +     * Gerrit 14977 needs to be refreshed - Defer to next week. Will email Mizuno 
 +     * Gerrit 15985 hold off for GG? - Scott to review today.  
 + 
 +     * SPEC-1645 and the patches submitted by Zhang. - Scott reviewed. One outstanding issue. Zheng on vacation this week. Scott will take a crack at fixing the issue.  
 +     * Gerrit 16083 - Do we need this in FF?  Defer to next week when Japan vacations are over.  
 +     * Michael reporting that shut down is taking 1 - 2 minutes sometimes (about 50% of the time) when performing a reboot. Will create a Jira. 
  
  
dev-call-info.1533665635.txt.gz · Last modified: 2018/08/07 18:13 by waltminer