User Tools

Site Tools


dev-call-info

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
dev-call-info [2018/05/15 14:09]
waltminer
dev-call-info [2018/05/22 14:26] (current)
waltminer
Line 37: Line 37:
  
 === Meeting notes for May 22, 2018 === === Meeting notes for May 22, 2018 ===
-Attendees: ​// Upcoming Meeting//+Attendees: ​Walt, Jan-Simon, Michael, Chris, Matt P., Matt R, Loic, Leon, Clement, Dennis, Dominig, Frederic, George, Kurokawa, Jonathan, Jose, Mitsunari, Yamaguchi, Scott, Sebastien, Stephane, Tanikawa, Matsuzawa, Thierry, Jordan, Momiyama. Kusakabe
  
 +
 + * **DD Must-Fix Issues**.
 +     * DD 4.0.3 release with YP 2.2.3 version that went into QA. 
 +     * DD 4.0.4 not planned. Will be on an as-needed basis. YP has started a 2.2.4. End of June at the earliest before. ​
 +
 +     * Review [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​issues/?​filter=11416 | DD Must Fix Issues]] in Jira
 +
 +   * **EE Issues** ​  
 +   * Eel 5.0.1 released
 +   * Eel 5.0.2 - [[agl-distro:​release-notes#​eel_502|Release completed!]]
 +
 +   * Eel 5.0.3 - Merge window opened. ​ Merged window closes 15-May  ​
 +     * No YP update likely so will just be AGL fixes. ​
 +     * Scott has tuner changes to add. Need to get Loic to update audio on eel for next week (Holiday today in France) ​
 + 
 +   * [[agl-distro:​als-2018-demo|ALS Demo Plan]] - See updates on that page. 
 +
 +   * Major issues to be fixed
 +     * No volume control. Mixer needs to be fixed 
 +       * 1/30 - Root cause is PulseAudio. Time frame is end of February based on Ronan'​s best guess. ​
 +     * Homescreen crashes when pulse crashes
 +       * 1/30 - Tanikawa-san fixed this at CES by removing the volume slider on the homescreen. He will post patches as a temp fix until the real solution can be provided. ​
 +       * 2/6
 +         * Discuss https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​13271/​ - Disable pulseaudio in eel. 
 +           * Breaks too many apps to be merged into eel. Propose using a sandbox for eel AND merge to master and backport to eel when it is ready (apps are fixed). ​
 +       * 2/13 
 +         * No progress to report. Mixer is blocked. Navigation blocked, but Dominig has a patch to fix navigation. Phone is blocked. Plan is to fix the mixer and merge onto eel. Phone and Bluetooth will not work so we will work on it after the merge. ​
 +       * 3/13 
 +         * Loic has a sandbox with mixer fixes that people can test out. See https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/​gitweb?​p=apps/​mixer.git;​a=commit;​h=373f6cc2117d296abd8bc8bbd0e3b1392b834506  ​
 +         * This version uses the M3 board. To use the sandbox for other hardare the HAL will need to be changed in the config.xml. ​
 +         * Next step is to convert to app templates so that the config.xml will not need to be manually imported.
 +       * 3/20 - Loic converted to app template. ​ Ran into issue where apps do not know the hardware platform when building the from the SDK. The new mixer can be build from Yocto, but not the SDK without some changes. IoT.bzh will send a proposal to the mail list about the proposed changes to the code (config files) needed to build from the SDK. 
 +       * 3/27 - [[https://​lists.linuxfoundation.org/​pipermail/​automotive-discussions/​2018-March/​005868.html |Email from Iot.bzh]]. Proposal during the call is to have Loic create additional verbs in the high level audio API to support master volume and then other use cases for the mixer.
 +       * 4/3 - Loic looking at the high level API to add the verb. Holidays last week so not much progress. ​
 +       * 4/10 - Meeting tomorrow in Karlsruhe
 +       * 4/24 - Loic working with Jonathan. High level API and splitting policy manager out is Loic. HAL work is Jonathan. ​
 +       * 5/8 - No update. Holiday in France. ​
 +       * 5/15 - No update. Loic on vacation. ​
 +
 +
 +   * Review [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​issues/?​filter=11701 | EE Must Fix Issues]] in Jira   
 +
 +   * Funky Flounder (master)
 +     * Merge window for RC1 closes June 12
 +
 +     * Jan-Simon updates to layers for profiles after the rocko update. ​
 +       * 3/20 - Jan-Simon on parental leave. ​
 +       * 4/3 - Working on for next week in Karlsruhe. ​
 +       * 4/10 - Created sandbox/​jsmoeller/​profiles - Working on minimal bootable image with all APIs and no graphics. ​
 +       * 4/17 - [[https://​docs.google.com/​presentation/​d/​1wr8VLizWOY0lCkM5QAQjCDb0zs2vDMK58DwGsKLuW6M/​edit#​slide=id.p4 | Slides from F2F meeting]]. Gerrit review available https://​gerrit.automotivelinux.org/​gerrit/#/​c/​13789/​
 +       * 4/23 - Jan-Simon pushing part 2 to gerrit today. ​
 +       * 5/8 - Part 2 of change merged in gerrit (13831 and 13833). Part 3 in progress. Adding package groups. Will be posted by tomorrow. Need reviewers. ​
 +       * 5/15 - Part 3 is in Jan-Simon'​s sandbox almost ready for review. ​
 +       * 5/22 - Gerrit reviews 14065 and 14067 in review.
 +
 +   * Home Screen - need to resolve ownership of implementation of the Home Screen application. Could ask for volunteers on the mail list. Could hire someone to do it. 
 +     * 4/3 - Toyota will take care of for EE and FF. 
 +     * 4/10 - Will get an update from Tanikawa-san on Thursday in Karlsruhe. ​
 +     * 4/24 - Local meeting in Tokyo tomorrow. Tanikawa-san will send an update update afterwards. ​
 +     * 5/15 - Toyota will take care of Window Manager for FF (no change expected) and will split out the launcher application for Top Bar and the main Home Screen. ​
 +     * 5/22 - No update
 +
 +   * [[https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1346 | SPEC-1346]] - HTML5 app launcher issue. Dominig and Jose will have a joint integration session next week.  Walt to send an email asking about anyone having a good demo app for HTML5 that can be donated to AGL. Maybe Igalia can provide something?
 +     * 4/10 - Juna Sanchez from Igalia will provide an update during the F2F meeting remotely. ​
 +     * 4/24 - Igalia and LG having a workshop this week to work on web app framework. ​
 +     * 5/8 - Workshop went well. Patches to be submitted by ALS?
 +     * 5/15 - No update
 +     * 5/22 - No update
 +
 +
 +   * Documentation Improvements - Dennis brought up that he has been showing AGL around his office and to other people. He noted that the AGL documentation site is out of date with respect to "​Getting Started"​. His team is interested in creating a custom device creation and app development. His "Hello World" app no longer works as a starting point. He has some ideas on how to improve things. Will send out an email to the list and create a Jira ticket. ​
 +     * 4/17 - Dennis sent and email with a list of suggestions/​ comments. This was discussed during the F2F meeting in Karlsruhe last week as well.  We are also seeing "under the radar" requests for documentation on how to get up and running. Dominig suggested creating a series of videos to walk people through the process. ​
 +     * 4/24 - Walt will start figuring out some ways to get this done. 
 +     * 5/8 - Jordan made some updates as he went through the documentation to get up to speed. ​
 +     * 5/15 - No more to report. Walt is going to start a design document on google docs to get some comments before making the changes to the doc site. 
 +
 +
 +   * Surface ID management proposal from ADIT
 +     * Reviewed email thread, a few slides from Tanibata-san as well [[https://​iot.bzh/​download/​public/​2017/​AMMQ1Tokyo/​HomeScreen-Q1AMM2017-Fulup-IoTbzh.pdf | Fulup'​s proposal from AMM]] 
 +     * Jose will prepare a follow-up on security for next dev call (Apr 24)
 +     * 4/24 - Discussed latest proposal from ADIT and Tanikawa and Jose's replies. ​ Seems like general agreement between IoT.bzh and Tanikawa. New proposal from Tanikawa-san after Golden Week. 
 +     * 5/8 - Missing ADIT and IoT.bzh today. Can discuss during App FW EG call tomorrow and/or SAT this week. 
 +     * 5/15 - Reviewed during Graphics EG call yesterday. Another update expected in two weeks during next EG call. 
 +     * 5/22 - On target to be reviewed on Monday
 +
 +
 +   * [[https://​irclogs.baserock.org/​automotive/​%23automotive.2018-05-14.log.html | IRC discussion]] about UI scaling with Virtual Box and VMWare. - This an issue with Eel 5.0.2 window manager not scaling and being only available at full resolution. Virtual Box and VM Ware do not support the full resolution. Tanikawa to try to hack in a fix this week for Eel. 
 +     * 5/22 - Fixed. ​
 +
 +New Business:
 +   * Discuss Fulup'​s [[https://​lists.linuxfoundation.org/​pipermail/​automotive-discussions/​2018-May/​006014.html | soft mixer proposal]] - Jan-Simon brought up configuration issues that should be addressed. ​
 +
 +
 +-------
  
 === Meeting notes for May 15, 2018 === === Meeting notes for May 15, 2018 ===
dev-call-info.1526393367.txt.gz ยท Last modified: 2018/05/15 14:09 by waltminer