User Tools

Site Tools


agl-distro:sep2019-f2f

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
agl-distro:sep2019-f2f [2019/09/12 13:41]
YAMAGUCHINaoto [Attendees]
agl-distro:sep2019-f2f [2019/10/07 06:51] (current)
ToshikazuOhiwa [Thursday]
Line 12: Line 12:
 ==== Accommodations ==== ==== Accommodations ====
  
-There are many hotels available in Berlin. ​Some suggestions for hotels nearby ​the office include: +There are many hotels available in Berlin. ​There is not anything particularly close to the venue so pick a hotel based on your preferences.
- +
-==== Contact and support ====+
  
  
 =====  Agenda ===== =====  Agenda =====
 +Current agenda is also available in [[https://​docs.google.com/​spreadsheets/​d/​1BeurL_S80gtgJ1jt9azngbC6DwYFBh4m_asBCgNBXAI/​edit?​usp=sharing]]. The [[https://​docs.google.com/​spreadsheets/​d/​1BeurL_S80gtgJ1jt9azngbC6DwYFBh4m_asBCgNBXAI/​edit?​usp=sharing | Google Sheets]] version should be considered the official version. ​
  
 ==== Tuesday ==== ==== Tuesday ====
  
 === Room 1 === === Room 1 ===
-TBD+ 
 +[[agl-distro:​sep2019-f2f#​room_13|Video Conference]] 
 + 
 +9:00 - 9:30 Introductions,​ Agenda Review, and Logistics (All Participants) 
 + 
 +9:30 - 10:30 - Navi EG update and plans 
 +   * {{:​agl-distro:​navieg_action_plan_190903.pdf|Slides presented by Micware}} 
 +   * Discussed changing the interface to the Navi binding from DBUS to AGL Web Framework since DBUS is becoming unusable as an interface.  
 +   * Next week there is a Navi EG F2F meeting in Japan to further discuss the architecture 
 +   * Scott will provide a proposal for verbs in the next week.  
 +   * Will discuss at next SAT meeting in two weeks 
 +   * Can meet F2F in Japan in November at CES Integration session 
 + 
 +10:30 - 11:00 - Break 
 + 
 +11:00 - 12:30 - Window Manager and Compositor 
 +   * {{:​agl-distro:​2019-09-24_-_agl_compositor_update.pdf|Slides from Daniel}} 
 +   * https://​gitlab.collabora.com/​agl/​weston/​tree/​scott-ivi-compositor announced from George in UI&G EG call. 
 + 
 +12:30 - 13:30 - Lunch 
 + 
 +13:30 - 15:00 - Window Manager and Compositor 
 +   * {{:​agl-distro:​waltham_upstream_a_20190924.pdf|Slides from ADIT Naoko Tanibata}} 
 +TODO 
 +   * Put waltham backend codes for review (maybe sandbox on AGL?) 
 +   * Create confluence page for waltham backend to gather requirements - [[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​x/​VoDm|Created]] 
 +   * Continue discussion to realize multi-backends support in weston 
 + 
 +15:00 - 16:00 - [[:​dev-call-info|Weekly Developer Call]] (use dev call Zoom and not the Room 1 Zoom) 
 + 
 +16:00 - 16:30 - Break 
 + 
 +16:30 - 18:15 - Web App Manager and Browser 
 +   * {{:​agl-distro:​igalia-agl-update-sept.pdf|Slides from Lorenzo}}
  
 === Room 2 === === Room 2 ===
  
-TBD+[[agl-distro:​sep2019-f2f#​room_23|Video Conference]] 
 + 
 +9:30 - 10:30 - Audio and PipeWire Architecture Review 
 + 
 +  * Question: why pipewire, history 
 +  * George gives overview on pipewire 
 +    * {{:​agl-distro:​pipewire-f2f-sep2019.odp|}} 
 +    * {{:​agl-distro:​tokyo-als-pipewire-july-2019.pdf|}} 
 +  * George presents the current status and work being done. 
 +  * Discussion about how to add hw->hw stream representation in PW 
 +  * uprev until mid-october on master, fixing issues there 
 +  * consolidated update of halibut before integration session in nov 
 + 
 +TODO's and timeline 
 +  * Mid October 
 +    * pw uprev 
 +    * Bluetooth 
 +    * audiomixer API changes 
 + 
 +  * before mid November (Integration Sessions) 
 +    * configuration files 
 +    * policies 
 + 
 +**Integration sessions** 
 + 
 +   * September 
 +     * Karlsruhe 30 +1 
 +   * November  
 +     * Karlsruhe 11 - 13 
 +     * Yokohama ​ 12 - 14 
 +   * December 
 +     * LF HQ (SFO) 10-12 
 + 
 +10:30 - 11:00 - Break 
 + 
 +11:00 - 12:30 - Audio and PipeWire Architecture Review 
 + 
 +12:30 - 13:30 - Lunch 
 + 
 +13:30 - 15:00 - Audio and PipeWire Architecture Review 
 + 
 +15:00 - 16:00 - Open 
 + 
 +16:00 - 16:30 - Break 
 + 
 +16:30 - 18:30 - Speech Updates 
 +                *{{:​agl-distro:​ces_2speechdemo_20190924.pptx|CES 2020 AGL HVAC demo idea from Kusakabe}} 
  
 ==== Wednesday ==== ==== Wednesday ====
  
 === Room 1 === === Room 1 ===
-9:00-10:00 IC EG Update+ 
 +[[agl-distro:​sep2019-f2f#​room_13|Video Conference]] 
 + 
 +9:00 - 10:30 - Instrument Cluster EG Update (Scope and Charter Review) 
 + 
 +[[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​display/​IC/​Document+storage]] 
 + 
 +   * Haraki-San reviewed the IC EG charter and schedule  
 +   * HUD is included in the IC EG charter.  
 +   * SanCloud will show a proposal for HUD during tomorrow'​s session. 
 +   * Slide 10 - release schedule  
 +     * What is the "II - Child Release"?​ 
 +       * AGL should continue on the current twice per year release schedule with Yocto uprev at the beginning of the year. 
 +       * There may an interim release for IC, but it will not be a new release branch. For example, Itchy Icefish 9.1.0 could add IC features not in 9.0.x. 
 +   * Slide 11 - "​Relationship between Low Spec AGL and High Spec AGL" 
 +     * High Spec AGL and Low Spec AGL have different core images with some layers/ components in common between them.  
 +     * There is no branching used to separate the two levels.  
 +     * It is assumed that the high spec AGL will require more frequent updates than the low spec version and will require more frequent patch releases. This is ok.  
 + 
 + 
 +10:30 - 11:00 - Break 
 + 
 +11:00 - 12:00 - CES 2020 
 +                *{{:​agl-distro:​2020ces_agl_ces3demo_20190924_v2.pptx|#​3 demo plan from IC-EG}} 
 + 
 +12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch 
 + 
 +13:00 - 15:00 -App Framework and Security Topics 
 +   * Review the latest [[https://​www.w3.org/​Submission/​viwi-protocol/#​userauth | VW proposal to W3C]] for Viwi User Authentication and Authorization ​  
 +   * {{:​agl-distro:​user-manage.pdf|Enhancing User Management presentation}} 
 +   * {{:​agl-distro:​token-logic.pdf|Token Logic Access Control presentation}} 
 + 
 +15:00 - 16:00 - App Framework and Security EG (Conference Call) 
 + 
 +16:00 - 16:30 Break 
 + 
 +16:30 - 18:00 - Speech EG 
 + 
 +16:30 - 18:00 - Connectivity EG and CAN
  
 === Room 2 === === Room 2 ===
  
-TBD+[[agl-distro:​sep2019-f2f#​room_23|Video Conference]] 
 + 
 +9:00 - 10:30 - Open 
 + 
 +10:30 - 11:00 - Break 
 + 
 +11:00 - 12:00 -  Open 
 + 
 +12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch 
 + 
 +13:00 - 15:00 - API Gap Analysis and Tuner API updates  
 + 
 +**Radio API review ** 
 +  * Sample API of Denso Ten released in staging/​documents 
 +  * Goal is to refine the radio api with additional functions found in the review of above 
 +    * focus on generic calls over hw specifics 
 +  * Scott Murray will review the documents and make a proposal for extending the radio api  
 +    * for review in the connectivity call and during AMM 
 +  * Lateron a definition is needed how the interface to the various implementations (hw+driver) can be done 
 + 
 +15:00 - 16:00 - Open 
 + 
 +16:00 - 16:30 Break 
 + 
 +16:30 - 18:00 - Connectivity EG and CAN 
  
 ==== Thursday ==== ==== Thursday ====
  
 === Room 1 === === Room 1 ===
-9:00-12:00 IC EG Arch. Review+ 
 +[[agl-distro:​sep2019-f2f#​room_13|Video Conference]] 
 + 
 +9:00- 10:30 -  IC EG Arch. Review 
 + 
 +[[https://​confluence.automotivelinux.org/​display/​IC/​Document+storage]] 
 + 
 +10:30 - 11:00 - Break 
 + 
 +11:00 - 11:30 - IC EG Arch. Review 
 + 
 +11:30 - 12:00 - Virtualization EG Update 
 + 
 +12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch 
 + 
 +13:00 - 15:00 - Telematics  
 +   * Telematics {{:​agl-distro:​agl_telematics_connectivity_use_case_feasibility_-_jul_2019.pdf|multi-phone use case analysis}} presented by Scott 
 + 
 +15:00 - 16:00 - System Architecture Team Meeting  
 + 
 +16:00 - 16:30 Break 
 + 
 +16:30 - 17:30 - Toyota Code drop  
 +  * about toyota code{{:​eg-requirements-specification:​agl_f2f_20190926_r2.pdf|}} 
 +  * feature overview(draft){{:​eg-requirements-specification:​basesystem_features_20190926_draft_.pdf|}} 
 + 
 +17:30 - 18:30 - System Spec 2.0 (will start immediately after code drop discussion)
  
  
 === Room 2 === === Room 2 ===
-TBD+ 
 +[[agl-distro:​sep2019-f2f#​room_23|Video Conference]] 
 + 
 +9:00 - 10:30 - LTS for AGL 
 + 
 +  * AI: identify base services 
 +  * lifecycle 
 +    * apps vs platform 
 +    *  
 +  * API definition & documentation & Schema 
 +    * AI: iot.bzh will follow-up on https://​jira.automotivelinux.org/​browse/​SPEC-1903 
 +    * e.g. what about new things like: https://​fuchsia.googlesource.com/​docs/​+/​ea2fce2874556205204d3ef70c60e25074dc7ffd/​development/​languages/​fidl/​tutorial.md 
 +    * Follow-up on SAT 
 +  * API versions 
 +    * -> APPFW / Jose 
 + 
 +  * '​core'​ LTS vs. IVI or Cluster LTS 
 +    * depends on changes required e.g. by IC  
 + 
 + 
 + 
 +10:30 - 11:00 - Break 
 + 
 +11:00 - 12:00 - AGL Hackfest 
 + 
 +12:00 - 13:00 - Lunch 
 + 
 +13:30 - 15:00 - AGL Hackfest 
 + 
 +15:00 - 16:00 - AGL Hackfest 
 + 
 +16:00 - 16:30 Break 
 + 
 +16:30 - 17:30 - AGL Hackfest 
 + 
 +17:30 - 18:30 - AGL Hackfest 
 + 
 +----------
  
 Topics: Topics:
Line 68: Line 273:
        * Investigation by Scott and Matt into feasibility of using Connman        * Investigation by Scott and Matt into feasibility of using Connman
        * Current implementation ideas from Tier One members        * Current implementation ideas from Tier One members
-   * App FW and Security topics+   * App FW and Security topics ​(**Wednesday afternoon**)
      * Resource protection using tokens      * Resource protection using tokens
      * Gather further multi-user requirements from OEMs      * Gather further multi-user requirements from OEMs
Line 74: Line 279:
      * SPEC-2538 - do we allow multiple versions of the same widget to be installed or just the latest? Current App FW allows multiple versions to be installed.      * SPEC-2538 - do we allow multiple versions of the same widget to be installed or just the latest? Current App FW allows multiple versions to be installed.
      * Cyanara replacement      * Cyanara replacement
 +     * security <-> pipewire / audio permissions
    * API Gap analysis discussion    * API Gap analysis discussion
      * Further gap analyses performed?      * Further gap analyses performed?
-     * Tuner and radio API+     * 
 + Tuner and radio API 
 +   * NAVI-EG update and plans 
  
  
Line 84: Line 292:
 =====  Evening Events ===== =====  Evening Events =====
  
-TBD+==== Tuesday ====
  
-====  Video Conference ====+TROFEO
  
-=== Room 1  ===+7:00 pm at The Classic Remise, http://​remise.de/​Classic-Remise-Berlin-english-summary.php 
 + 
 +[[ https://​www.google.com/​maps/​place/​Classic+Remise/​@52.5306177,​13.3155668,​16.26z/​data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x47a851155c578c0d:​0xe201d746934f9616!8m2!3d52.5308414!4d13.3177503 | Venue Location]]:​ 
 + 
 +Wiebestrasse 36-37\\ 
 +10553 Berlin 
 + 
 + 
 + 
 +==== Wednesday==== 
 +7:00 pm at Weihenstephaner am Hackeschen Markt https://​weihenstephaner-berlin.de/?​lang=en 
 + 
 +[[https://​www.google.com/​maps/​place/​Weihenstephaner+Berlin/​@52.5229932,​13.3994513,​17z/​data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47a851e0bf6b2ed3:​0x989a726fbde51e4!8m2!3d52.52299!4d13.40164| Venue Location]]:​ 
 + 
 +Neue Promenade 5\\ 
 +10178 Berlin 
 +=====  Video Conference ===== 
 + 
 +==== Room 1  ​====
  
 Join Zoom Meeting\\ Join Zoom Meeting\\
Line 97: Line 323:
  
  
-=== Room 2 ===+==== Room 2 ====
  
 Join Zoom Meeting\\ Join Zoom Meeting\\
Line 103: Line 329:
  
 Find your local number: https://​zoom.us/​u/​adIxBQMUc2 Find your local number: https://​zoom.us/​u/​adIxBQMUc2
 +
 +
 ===== Attendees ===== ===== Attendees =====
  
 +**In-Person**
   - Walt Miner - The Linux Foundation   - Walt Miner - The Linux Foundation
   - Jan-Simon Moeller - The Linux Foundation   - Jan-Simon Moeller - The Linux Foundation
Line 140: Line 369:
   - Naoko Tanibata - ADIT   - Naoko Tanibata - ADIT
   - Takahiro Furuta - AISIN-AW   - Takahiro Furuta - AISIN-AW
 +  - Mr.X - Renesas
 +  - Yoshihiko Komagata - Panasonic
 +  - Ernst Victor Prohl - MBition (Audio)
 +  - Toni-Tapio Nikkanen - MBition (Spec 2.0)
 +  - Bela Fricz - MBition (Spec 2.0)
 +  - Moinul Islam - MBition (App framework and Security topics)
 +  - Romel Torres Poleo - MBition (Speech)
 +  - Jens Möller - Volkswagen
 +  - Olaf Krieger - Volkswagen
 +  - Patrick Siegl - MBition (App Framework and Security)
 +  - Pawel Dondziak - MBition (Audio)
 +  - Maria Ivashchenko (Audio)
 +  - Harald Walter - Bosch
 +  - Karthik Manjunath - MBition (Instrument Cluster)
 +  - Oleksandr Kuziaiev - MBition (Instrument Cluster)
 +  - Maycon Stamboroski - MBition (Instrument Cluster)
 +
 +**Dial-In/ Video Conference**
 +  - Tadashi Wakazono - Micware (web)
 +  - Yoshiyuki Miki - Micware (web)
 +
 +
 ===== Code of Conduct ===== ===== Code of Conduct =====
 This meeting is subject to the Linux Foundation [[https://​events.linuxfoundation.org/​code-of-conduct/​ | Event Code of Conduct]] and [[https://​www.linuxfoundation.org/​antitrust-policy/​ | Antitrust Policy]] This meeting is subject to the Linux Foundation [[https://​events.linuxfoundation.org/​code-of-conduct/​ | Event Code of Conduct]] and [[https://​www.linuxfoundation.org/​antitrust-policy/​ | Antitrust Policy]]
agl-distro/sep2019-f2f.1568295676.txt.gz · Last modified: 2019/09/12 13:41 by YAMAGUCHINaoto